twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old May 7th, 2015, 07:25 PM
The Crawling Chaos

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13326
Bade Bade Bade Bade Bade Bade Bade Bade Bade Bade Bade
I'm fine with that, if you guys want to keep going. Not sure if we can actually get a DM transfer done? Is that a thing that can be done?
Old May 7th, 2015, 08:06 PM
I'm a Helper!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16528
Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom
Yeah it can, minimum you can add him as a co-dm.

How many folks do we still have here/ in this game?

Last edited by Ion2Atom; May 7th, 2015 at 08:07 PM.
Old May 10th, 2015, 01:23 PM
Ready for Battle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15243
Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer
Well, either I could continue with this storyline or transfer the characters and mechs to one of my own invention.
Old May 10th, 2015, 01:44 PM
Tom Cruise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6866
grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman
I don't mind that.
Old May 10th, 2015, 04:53 PM
Ready for Battle

Tools
User Statistics
Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer
Don't mind which one?
Old May 11th, 2015, 02:57 AM
Tom Cruise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6866
grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman
Either actually It might take less time if we just continued where we are, but I think right now it's just Ion and myself still kicking around.

How do you handle running so many games at once Atalla?
Old May 11th, 2015, 12:54 PM
Bad Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 28745
Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem
I'm actually still here as well, it's just been a long week...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bade View Post
Hey folks, been awhile.

Unfortunately, I think I'm calling this one. I barely have time for D&D these days, and what little time I have usually goes to my older games leaving this one somewhat orphaned. My sincere apologies, I hope to play with all of you again someday!
Sorry to hear that, but I can tell you from my own experience that sometimes life just happens that way. Thanks for letting us know, and thank you for this game, however short-lived it might have been. I enjoyed the ride while it lasted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalla Wanderer View Post
How would people feel with me taking control of this game as a DM, and having my character just hang back in the shadows?
I'm not sure what I think about this. I enjoyed this while it lasted, and I don't in principal doubt you as a DM, but I've had a really bad experience with the whole 'somebody else taking over as DM' thing on this site. One of the first games I was in (first or second, it's hard to say what really actually started sooner) had the DM vanish on us and one of the players stepped up and offered to take over. We all readily agreed, had an admin copy the entire game folder for us with him as the DM, and began playing. Let's just say it was a horrible experience that has left me with a bad aftertaste even years later. The big issue was that we didn't settle any details besides 'Mind if I take over?' before we all agreed, and it soon turned out I actually had quite different ideas from the DM what that involved. This went as far as the new DM not even sticking to the actual D&D rules but inventing some of his own (which incidentally were not balanced and happened to cripple my entire character concept to the point of uselessness).

So this is nothing personal, Atalla, but I'm just a little bit hesitant about this whole idea. Maybe if you give me a little more details of what you really have in mind (post rate you're going for, style you're going for, continuing with this story line or doing something entirely different), I'd be more at ease with a decision to join in or decline. Given that the three of you seem to be on board with continuing and I'm still hesitant, I'll refrain from discussing what type of game you guys want to make this, and just make a decision once you guys have settled on how you want to handle this, if that's ok for you?
Old May 11th, 2015, 01:21 PM
Ready for Battle

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by grenadierman View Post
How do you handle running so many games at once Atalla?
'Running' isn't the correct verb. Try 'leisurely walking'. Sometimes 'crawling'. More accurate.

@ Posting rate: about the speed we've been moving now is what I'm good with.

@ Story: remaining here and going after the big guy would certainly be good with me. For now we'd wrap up the battle and let you guys head into town. Bade has some notes he could pass on to me, too.

@ Rules - I'm not going to add anything. We all have the PDF for the mechs, and it's PF otherwise, which is what I usually run. Since it wasn't my game in the first place it's not good to interject extra rules now.

@ Storytelling - my worlds tend to be, ah, more 'colorful' than these drab post-apocalypse ones, so the existing towns and people will be lively. Maybe more full of life than Bade had intended. So if there's to be a difference.

@ Roleplay VS Rollplay - I favor the former over the latter, but when I do throw combat at you it'll be difficult. There's always more than 1 option, though - not just different ways to approach a scenario, but plenty of ways to circumvent fighting. Same idea goes for any part of the game. I love putting players in situations and seeing what they do.

@ My character - he'll be NPC'd and only show up when you're in a real pinch.