Game Thread Episode One - Orhill - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Knick Knacks of Doom > Fated Children
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Closed Thread

Old Aug 12th, 2021, 09:10 AM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12176
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
AvophiorWith a purse of his lips he considers Pierre's two options. After a moment of contemplation he adds, "At this point, we know so very little about what we're looking for down here. Perhaps if it were covered in debris and lichen we could say the cave in was old, but it could have been done ten minutes ago or ten days ago." Waving a hand he concedes, "Or something like that. The point being, it could be noxious gasses, it could be a sealed in eldritch horror, or it could be one of Anelia's missing agents trapped and starving to death. There's only one way to know." Setting his bag down he rolls hi shoulders. "It has been a while since I've engaged in gainful exercise. I vote we clear the rubble."

Last edited by DraconigenaArma; Aug 12th, 2021 at 09:13 AM.
Old Aug 12th, 2021, 11:34 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5979
Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil
Pierre"Well said, your Grace! Let me teach you a work song I know, it has tended me well for many a day of hard digging. We haven't seen hide nor hair of foe, so we shouldn't attract any attention we haven't already earned."

Pierre turns to the other party members. "Not much room to work, perhaps the Baron, I, and one other? It may be prudent to keep a watch, even if we seem to be alone for now."

The master archaeologist rolls up his sleeves, then arranges his possessions carefully. The shield lies atop, shining a steady, merry light upon the dig site. True to his promise, Pierre begins slowly with a rhythmic tune, the refrain of which jaunts: "Diggy diggy hole, digging a hole!" He'd learned it from a particularly colorful clan of Dwarves.

The lack of magically-induced strength from Pierre's magical belt makes the effort far greater than he'd spent digging in some time. Really, it reminds him of battles with titanic forces - only, his foe today is the force of gravitation. Still, the song does much to keep his spirits high!

Old Aug 22nd, 2021, 08:25 PM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
AvophiorChuckling at the song Avophior sings along is a quiet way. His voice is clear and can carry a tune, but it is clear he is not an accomplished or confident singer, content to hum along and join in on the choruses. Grabbing at the stones and porting them by hand is not strenuous in a debilitating way, but it is more manual labor than he has done in a decade. Within a few minutes a light sheen of sweat stands out on his brow and he rolls his neck so it pops. He considers dressing down some, but isn't so hot he cannot handle it and keeps his clothes on, though he does open up his collar some.

Round 1
left-aligned image
As they dig deeper into the tunnel they hear a scratching sound from the other side. Too late to stop, whatever is on the other side has been digging to meet them in the middle, and as Avophior removes one last large stone he stumbles back, narrowly avoiding the outstretched, skeletal claw swiping at him. Rock and dirt crumble and fall as it thrashes its way towards them, the last of the cave in tumbling away around it, revealing a small cavern beyond. Rotting flesh has long since desiccated or decayed from these skeletal forms. Joints and crevices of their skeleton are filled with dirt and rock and stone, resembling much like the skeleton of a stone golem could be considered to look if such a thing existed. Large stone prominences form huge teeth in their distended, gaping jaws.
Mysteries of The Wastelands abound. The angry skeleton crawling through the cave opening, and the similar creature standing in wait behind it, are immediately apparent to the group looking upon them as guecubu. Magic used to raise the dead wouldn't function here, but guecubu are not raised, they manifest due to hatred and resentment by those already suffering evil hearts. Is personality stronger than magic? Does the negative and positive energy fields which permeate reality have some influence here after all? Typically a guecubu can cause the very ground around it to crumble and crack, but neither of these creatures seem to effect the environment around them.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Map.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	92196  

Last edited by DraconigenaArma; Aug 23rd, 2021 at 10:58 AM.
Old Aug 28th, 2021, 10:36 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21075
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque

The hearty dwarf travels further down the mine with the others. The cramped rocky hallway feels a familiar comfort, like the cozy embrace of the earth. Stopping before the pile of rubble, he only needs a brief glance to concur with the assessment, even more so with the decided precaution. Burly arms toss the stone and boulders aside. One of the sturdy pickaxes helps loosen the pile to free some of the more stubborn rocks. It has been quite some time since Jarmuld had dug with purely mundane tools. A refreshed sigh passes his lips, and he hums along with Pierre's song.

Scraping, claws forms emerge from behind the rubble. A brief clinical eye muses, "Might these be related to those three names listed as abandoned on the ledger?" A sad possibility presents that these two are two of those names. The stout dwarf brandishes his weighty poleaxe. He plants his feet apart in a wide battle stance. With a roar, he fluidly lashes out even farther than his axe appears to reach. It strikes the lead undead with the force of a crashing meteor. "Back off!"
ActionsMove: draw poleaxe
Swift: Stance of the Thunderbrand: +4 dodge AC, +5' reach, enemy move always provoke AoO (even 5' step)
Standard: Meteor Spiral Thrust standard strike5: +8d6, ignore DR, F27 or nausea d3r with Risky Strike (-6/+18) vs G1 (partial cover)
Dice Risky Attack, damage, extra maneuver damage:
d20+31-6sch23cx,20 (8)+31-6 Total = 33
d12+15+18ci2 (10)+15+18 Total = 43
8d6t 5, 5, 1, 4, 5, 1, 2, 5 Running Total = 71 Total = 28

OOCAegis: 10' aura, +3 morale to AC/CMD/Will (not himself)
Old Sep 2nd, 2021, 10:31 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5979
Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil
PierreSweat pouring freely from his brow, Pierre's grumbling is becoming louder and more frequent. He pauses a moment to stand back and let Avophior muscle out a particularly large boulder.

"Ah, I suppose my student days are truly behind me. Relying on fancy gear and magical spells has made me soft in my old age...next thing you know, I'll discover I've developed a paunch!"

Before Pierre can dwell on his tailor's now-worrying comments from his last visit, the aging archaeologist instead focuses on the threat uncovered by the good Baron. While Jarmuld heartily and effectively engages the threat, Pierre steps back to allow the Dwarf room, and to take up his shield and newly-purchased cutlass. The radiance from his shield bathes the battlesite with holy light.

Last edited by Mythrandil; Sep 2nd, 2021 at 10:31 AM.
Old Sep 2nd, 2021, 02:12 PM
Flower of Everything!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8220
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63

As they all started into the next part of the mine Zinxi was sure she heard something odd. She was uncertain what it might be but surely she heard something odd to her senses. She was struggling to determine what exactly it might be when the wall came down just ahead near to the Baron. Her adamantine staff was already in her hand and her first instinct was to rush forward to protect the Baron.
The trouble was there were too many bodies in the way between her and the Baron Avophior. She did the next best thing besides charging forward. She tucked and rolled through the mass of bodies and came to the front of the line like a ghost in the wind. The little gnome woman came to her feet with the staff in both hands. It was an over head blow that came down on the first creature.

Last edited by ricktur63; Sep 2nd, 2021 at 02:14 PM.
Old Sep 5th, 2021, 12:30 AM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
The two monstrous creatures are dispatched with little effort, and in less than a minute's worth of combat. Digging into the cave in confirms Jarmuld's suspicions: based on debris left behind they are two of the three names on the wall. The third is a normal corpse, for whatever reason it never became a horrific creature of its own. Clearing the rest of the mine comes with similar challenges, traps and monsters and no shortage of golems. The heroes are justified in their purchases of adamantine equipment, as even with their considerable skill and prowess it would have been incredibly difficult to dispatch them otherwise. They also learned something down in the mines, especially in the absence of their flashy tricks, the four of them could work together well and developed trust.
The golems had, in fact, been tampered with. A mineral in the mine corrupted them, and when made into a paste it could be put on a golem and there was no trace of the tampering. Every other investigator was ultimately killed by these golems. The great twist, in the end, is the saboteur. Unrelated to any of their original suspicions, an up and coming company wanted to erode the reliability of golems and frame the largest human protection company in Orhill, able to fill the void themselves. With the culprit captured, and more than enough documentation to back up their claims. Presenting it before the council gets them the city's gratitude, as well as a cash bounty on top of the loot they acquired. They also receive hearty gratitude from Kingseat, perhaps more so for the letter they bring back from Anelia to the King himself... a perfume scented letter.

End of Episode One