RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Oct 25th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Epic, Devious Dungeon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4407
Darkshard Darkshard Darkshard Darkshard Darkshard Darkshard Darkshard Darkshard Darkshard Darkshard Darkshard
Yay!

I'm all in favour of the changes you've mentioned. Well, I haven't used colour for text often, but I don't particularly mind either way.

I should however mention if you start this that I'm currently visiting family, and so my posting is going to be slower, if only over the next week.

Timezone=GMT
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Just a person

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3502
iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465
Sounds great. And about the colored text, I did that to indicate speaking a different language. I'll kill that habit, though. Welcome to the thread.
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 08:19 AM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12176
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
Well, awesome! I didn't make an LoA post in this game because it wasn't alive when I left for Riley. Well I'm back from some field exercises so I am back to posting and what a treat to see that this game is up and running again?

I have to agree with you, that having bold or color for speech is fairly irritating, though the latter more so. The fact that the forum is capable of doing indentations means that there's no reason for any of it at all. But the bold text is a cultural standard that may never change. I'm just glad that the majority of DnDO has stomped out the color for speech (or, shudder, each player must post their entire post in a specific color) silliness.

I'll have to go refresh myself on action points, but otherwise I'm good to go with the way the sheet is now.

Last edited by DraconigenaArma; Oct 28th, 2012 at 08:20 AM.
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6193
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
I haven't played with hero points but I am for it. I have adjusted my thread within the character sheet section to include my application to give you a look at my character.

Thanks for taking over the game!

Last edited by Kshnik; Oct 29th, 2012 at 10:52 AM.
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25815
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
Great news, everyone!

I've gotten in touch with an admin who is going to fast track this for us. I think it will be faster just to have them set up a new game forum so they don't have to wait on a reply from MJ about me taking over his game. They can move the game thread over to the new forum and we can set up new threads for the characters and OOC. So that should take place today or tomorrow, and the game should kick off shortly after that.

Also, did MJ have the pirates confiscate all your equipment or did he allow you to keep something small? The AP gives options for both and I'd like to know where we stand before I push forward.
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 780
Khodexus Khodexus Khodexus Khodexus Khodexus Khodexus Khodexus
They confiscated pretty much everything. Morgan doesn't even have her shoes, or her familiar for that matter (monkey named Jack, a tribute you can know doubt guess there).
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 04:10 PM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
As I recall it was all taken and we were left in unfamiliar rag clothing (much to the females' chagrin.) I like it that way. In fact, I would have liked foregoing equipment entirely at character creation using said setup and allow us to build equipment organically based off of in game drops and availability. I'm all for story driven character building over generating somewhat predictable builds based off of what synergizes best out of the book.

Last edited by DraconigenaArma; Oct 29th, 2012 at 04:12 PM.
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 780
Khodexus Khodexus Khodexus Khodexus Khodexus Khodexus Khodexus
Well, all things being the same, so long as Morgan gets her familiar back and her spellbook back, at some point, she should be good with however the rest of the equipment situation turns out.
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
Well, I'm perfectly fine with you not having any equipment of note and obtaining items through the course of play. The AP actually presents a few accessible means of gaining gear while on the ship. If you want to go that route I heartily approve.

And there should be no concerns for those of you who have gear you want to get back as that is also easily done and an expected part of the story. Things like holy symbols and spellbooks that are critical to a character's function will be rapidly reacquired while other gear like weapons and tools can be regained with some effort in the coming days.

Well, now I'm getting psyched about this whole thing. I expect the new forum to pop up very soon so I'll keep you all up to date.
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Bewitched by the Moon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4261
Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor
My character, Kevaran, has a few items of sentimental value (the fate holy symbol he ties his hair back with and an heirloom necklace) that he would like to get back, otherwise it doesn't matter too much whether he gets his original equipment back or not. Although he will need to get a spellbook eventually, since he will be taking a level in Diviner when he reaches level 2. Can't wait for this to get started either
Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 10:08 AM
Epic, Devious Dungeon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4407
Darkshard Darkshard Darkshard Darkshard Darkshard Darkshard Darkshard Darkshard Darkshard Darkshard Darkshard
So, how's this going?

My character would quite like her sword back (sentimental value + it's her damn sword) but it's no massive problem, she'd certainly happily swap for a better one for example

Timezone=GMT
Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 10:22 AM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
Even greater news, everyone! The forum is up and ready. You can find it here. Go ahead over and check it all out. A story post will be incoming tonight or tomorrow and I will pick up where MJ left off in this game.

Last edited by PopCultureBard; Nov 3rd, 2012 at 10:22 AM.
Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 12:24 PM
Bewitched by the Moon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4261
Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor
Great! I'm making the switch and adding the new forum as one of my favorites while also dropping this one, so I won't be checking here anymore for updates. Looking forward to seeing you all over there
Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 04:23 PM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
Likewise updating my favorites and removing this game and this thread from my subscriptions. Consider this my last post here.