RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old May 8th, 2013, 12:56 PM
bulbasauree.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3769
robotbear robotbear robotbear robotbear robotbear robotbear robotbear robotbear robotbear robotbear robotbear
I know there's a teamwork feat, but everyone would have to grab it and two of your allies would have to be flanking it for you to get flanking bonuses. Kind of a hard sell on anyone other than an inquisitor.
Old May 8th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1056
Baileywulf Baileywulf Baileywulf Baileywulf Baileywulf Baileywulf Baileywulf Baileywulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by robotbear View Post
So -somebody- is going to have to retcon. Probably me.
Ahh its all good roleplay. Its a little hard to interrupt someone during pbp, so a little retconning is to be expected.
Old May 8th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Leafless Thoughtweaver

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 416
CraftyCactus CraftyCactus CraftyCactus CraftyCactus CraftyCactus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomal View Post
Sounds good. I have a feeling that most of the time, things will be somewhat obvious, but some planning cant hurt.

Also, I scoured the core rulebook as well as Advanced Players Guide, and could not find this, but thought I had read it somewhere....

A feat that allows you to flank at range, with a ranged attack. Any clues, or was it just wishful thinking?

-Dhomal
I vaguely recall an alt-class ability for rangers that did something along those lines, but it was for 3.5, not PF.
Old May 8th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 654
SolarDragon SolarDragon SolarDragon SolarDragon SolarDragon SolarDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomal View Post
Sounds good. I have a feeling that most of the time, things will be somewhat obvious, but some planning cant hurt.

Also, I scoured the core rulebook as well as Advanced Players Guide, and could not find this, but thought I had read it somewhere....

A feat that allows you to flank at range, with a ranged attack. Any clues, or was it just wishful thinking?

-Dhomal
Only place I can specifically recall it is a 3pp class that's basically a slightly different Arcane Archer expanded to a base class.

Also, can we retcon the situation to let Jace shoot the radio, for theatrics sake?
Natural 1's: 15

Last edited by SolarDragon; May 8th, 2013 at 09:19 PM.
Old May 9th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6850
Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf
Sorry for not having acted yet. I'm a little confused as to exactly where everyone is at the moment.
Old May 9th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 181
Dhomal Dhomal
*nods*'

I felt at least in a similar way. And for the life of me, I could not figure out where that map was after I saw it just after it went up. (sorry!)

-Dhomal
Old May 9th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf
As far as I can tell, the map hasn't been updated. The link is in the spoilerbutton on the post right before the one where they went to leave.
Old May 9th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Leafless Thoughtweaver

Tools
User Statistics
On the map, I believe that ruffians are in RED, original Out of the Way NPCs are in WHITE, and PCs are in each of the colors we chose earlier. They're marked by first initial, so B=bones, N=Nils, R=Rags, J=Jace, B=Benjamin, M=Marrock, D=Druth, S=Strom, the young NPC is Y, and the Old (bearded) NPC is O. Y's circle is crossed-out probably because he's dying. The fireplace is on H3. I am not exactly sure what the red and green tiles represent. Perhaps cover, or just decoration. Everything else seems self-explanatory, such as the doors (long white rectangles), the path (brown), and the grass outside (green).

Sorry about the last-minute action. I would've readied the actions, but I couldn't do that the round before because drawing a weapon with Sleight of Hand took my standard action for the round.

In my head, it happened like this:
(Surprise round)
Bones stabs the bearded man out of nowhere, the old man cries out in pain.
Nils flipped up the sofa to create cover.
Rags spends the whole round talking about Augustus' Utopia, and dismissing his gang the moment that the storm dies.
(Round 1)
Druth moves with stealth towards the exit from which he entered (south exit, assuming that up=north).
Jace draws the gun under his hat.
Strom draws his quarterstaff and casts Shillelagh.
Benjamin readies the action of throwing flash powder if a fight breaks out.
Marrock draws his bow, and readies the action to attack if Nils does.
NPCs delay for each other so they can synchronize their move towards (and out?) the door.

Note that strictly adhering to combat actions may or may not apply with all the chatter going on because combat actions were designed for the heat of battle, when everyone is moving as quickly as they can. (What I'm saying is that DM is the final arbiter here.) Just as a guideline, however, I'd like to point out that standing up from prone is generally considered a move action, as is opening a door, and maybe picking up a radio. Moving through or past obstacles takes an additional move action, and may require a skill check by RAW (on the other hand, RAW can be silly, sometimes, so it should be considered a guideline). Even though those might seem trivial, Jace spent a standard action drawing his gun in secrecy. It'd be awkward for the baddies to be able to dart out the door before he could say, "Drat! 'n I couldn't even draw my gun in time 'ter shoot, dern it." My point is that maybe retconning isn't required here, even if we play by the rules.
Old May 9th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
So they're either right next to the door, on the other side of the door, or currently moving through the door, I take it?
Old May 9th, 2013, 11:32 PM
bulbasauree.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3769
robotbear robotbear robotbear robotbear robotbear robotbear robotbear robotbear robotbear robotbear robotbear
Whelp, here's the problem folks - I'm going to have to murder this baby.

I'd rather not get into the incriminating details but I'm going to have to end this campaign with a wavy knife to a sacrifice for the Gods of productivity. I hope you all take my apologies and gained something from this game that you can use at a later time. My best wishes on your continued journeys through the worlds of pbp.
Old May 9th, 2013, 11:57 PM
Leafless Thoughtweaver

Tools
User Statistics
I've been there before. It can be tough! Kudos for picking RL over DnD. Thanks for the the effort you poured into this; it was fun while it lasted!
Old May 10th, 2013, 12:05 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1056
Baileywulf Baileywulf Baileywulf Baileywulf Baileywulf Baileywulf Baileywulf Baileywulf
Thanks for letting us know. Good luck.
Old May 10th, 2013, 10:55 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 181
Dhomal Dhomal
OK.

Well, that is unfortunate. I hope all is well, or at least well enough.

Hope everyone else is doing well. I will probably start the search for a game again soonish.

Take care all!

-Dhomal
Old May 11th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Aww... Ah, well. I understand where you're coming from. Been there.