gluckhf
Never mind, found it
Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 09:09 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18
gluckhf
Aaaand Gimble Ningle takes life. Please look over the character sheet, specifically at the bottom where there is listed "Stuff to look over".
Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 09:20 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 937
jm935 jm935 jm935 jm935 jm935 jm935 jm935 jm935
Quote:
Originally Posted by gluckhf View Post
As for pole fighters, check out the http://www.pathfinderdb.com/characte...rt-haft-combat Short Hart feat once you get bab 3 (bad link cause Im posting from phone). It's hacks for reach fighters nothing can run up to or away from you without provoking attack of opportunity as you threaten both squares...
Fun! But keep in mind the material restrictions: mostly CRB and APG. I'd really rather stick to that for now, until we've played for a little while, to make it simpler for everyone.

But hope is not lost! The Polearm Master archetype has a similar ability, Alex, if you're interested. Personally, I like the standard Fighter better than most of the archetypes.

If you don't end up with such an ability, you should probably invest in some spiked gauntlets for when you can't get the distance you need for the polearm. That way you don't have to drop your weapon to fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluckhf
I haven't started on my character yet, but don't worry, I've made enough Pathfinder chars it won't be an issue. Currently I'm thinking an ex-circus sorcerer who can fill the diplomatic role for convincing people to give us money and yes, enlarge person is always sexy with a melee in the group.
Excellent. I hadn't realized you were more experienced with PF. A Sorcerer is always fun to have along. Plus, between you and Karl's Paladin you'll have the social skills locked down. You might want to invest in Bluff, since the Paladin can't help you there ...

Quote:
Not so sure about the theurge, but we'll see how it goes
Don't worry about it if it doesn't fit your character. I'm curious about it but I'll be playing one soon enough so I can find out for myself.

Quote:
Aaaand Gimble Ningle takes life. Please look over the character sheet, specifically at the bottom where there is listed "Stuff to look over".
Great. I'll go look it over.
Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 09:31 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
John, here are some things I've noticed with Weyland:

(1) Your point-buy doesn't seem to add up. Check your numbers with this point-buy calculator; you've got 20 points to spend. For reference, here are the three possible stat arrays that I posted upthread, in case any of them appeal to you or provide a good starting-place to tweak from:

Stat ArraysThe Support Cleric
Str 14 Dex 10 Con 17 Int 7 Wis 15 Cha 14
+2 racial boost has been added to Con
Put Lvl 4 boost to Con and Lvl 8 boost to Wis

The Battle/Support Cleric
Str 18 Dex 12 Con 14 Int 7 Wis 14 Cha 12
+2 racial boost has been added to Str
Put Lvl 4 and Lvl 8 boost to Con

The Über-Battle Cleric
Str 19 Dex 14 Con 14 Int 7 Wis 14 Cha 7
+2 racial boost has been added to Str
Put Lvl 4 boost to Str and Lvl 8 to Wis

(2) For hit points, remember that you gain +1 hit point for every level you take in your favored class. It looks like you've left that out of your current calculation.

(3) It looks like you've got two ranks in Perception. Max ranks for any skill = your level, so 1.

(4) It looks like you've left out the class-skill bonus where appropriate. You get +3 on all class skills in which you have a rank.

(5) It looks like you've selected War as one of your domains. I'd recommend that you consider taking the Tactics subdomain; that first-level power is pretty excellent.

(6) Instead of the Suspicious trait, you might consider the Observant trait. Because Sense Motive is already a class skill for you, but Perception isn't–so while Suspicious would only raise your Sense Motive by +1, Observant would boost Perception by +4.

I'll look it over again when you've gone another round with it.
Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 09:36 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 312
Alex M Alex M Alex M Alex M
Hooray for Gimble & Weyland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm935 View Post
But hope is not lost! The Polearm Master archetype has a similar ability, Alex, if you're interested. Personally, I like the standard Fighter better than most of the archetypes.

If you don't end up with such an ability, you should probably invest in some spiked gauntlets for when you can't get the distance you need for the polearm. That way you don't have to drop your weapon to fight.

Hm. I'd discounted the archetypes, but reading over this one again I realized that "Steadfast Pike" gives scaling bonus to AOO. That makes the archetype much more tempting. But I'd lose armor training...I'll have to think about it.
Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 09:47 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Erich,

I like Gimble Ningle! He'll be fun to have along. Here are some things I noticed.

(1) Check your point-buy. Looks like you've got 1 more point to spend. Also, if you're interested in a bit more of a min/max, you can always drop Str and Wis to boost your more important stats. (5 Str!)

(2) Alternate racial traits from the Advanced Race Guide are fine. They're called out in the "fiddly character options" of the opening post. But it looks like you've retained the traits your alternates are supposed to replace (e.g. Defensive Training). I love Magical Linguist and Gift of Tongues for Gnomes. Excellent choices.

(3) The "Extra Gnome Magic" feat is out, since it's from Gnomes of Golarion, not the CRB or APG.

(4) Sorcerer grants you Eschew Materials at Lvl 1.

(5) Note that Shield can only be cast on yourself. You might want to pick Mage Armor instead for the longer duration and the ability to cast on others if needed.

(6) Partial wands are out. But don't worry! I believe I promised to provide the party with a fully-charged wand of cure light wounds to start with.

(7) Standard Adventuring Gear covers all non-magical non-alchemical equipment priced at less than 50 gp. So Alchemist's Fire is out. But you don't need to keep track of things like bedroll, backpack, etc. It's assumed you have whatever you need.
Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 09:49 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex M View Post
Hm. I'd discounted the archetypes, but reading over this one again I realized that "Steadfast Pike" gives scaling bonus to AOO. That makes the archetype much more tempting. But I'd lose armor training...I'll have to think about it.
That is nice. But losing Armor Training is hard. The extra mobility is super-useful. And it's not like you'll have huge to-hit problems as a Fighter...
Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 06:45 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Pretzel
Alrighty... I took another swing at it on my character sheet and I will update my stat block when I have everything square. I also have a couple of quetions:
1) Should I take Scribe Scroll instead of Turn Undead? How long will the wand work?
2) How should I calculate my DC for my spells?
3) How does taking two domains work and would you recommend it?

Gorum sounds like kind of an ******* so I will stick with my gal Iomedae.
Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 06:59 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzel View Post
Alrighty... I took another swing at it on my character sheet and I will update my stat block when I have everything square. I also have a couple of quetions:
1) Should I take Scribe Scroll instead of Turn Undead? How long will the wand work?
2) How should I calculate my DC for my spells?
3) How does taking two domains work and would you recommend it?
(1) Scribe Scroll is currently disallowed, along with all other crafting. See opening post. I'll probably open up Scroll and Potion crafting in the future but for now I'd rather avoid the complexity.

(2) The DC for spells is: 10 + Spell Level + Casting Stat Modifier. Since Wisdom is your casting stat, your DCs will be 12 and 13 for 0 and 1st-level spells, respectively. It's usually recommended for casters who haven't put their casting stats through the roof to avoid spells that require enemies to make a save and focus instead on spells that help your allies. Solid advice.

(3) All Clerics get two domains. So yes, I'd recommend it!
Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 07:04 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
P.S.

You get 3 skill points / level. The basic calculation is 2 [Class] - 2 [Int], but that bottoms out at 1. So 1 + 1 [Human] + 1 [Favored Class] = 3.

You've got a few too many on there right now.
Old Jul 25th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
gluckhf
Okie dokes going to sort some stuff out now...

Also if you guys aren't using pfsrd (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/), it's way better than the paizo site... unfortunately you'll have to scroll through and make sure stuff is from the CRB or whatever on your own, as it compiles all "official" material on every page ;D
Old Jul 25th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
gluckhf
Quote:
Erich,

I like Gimble Ningle! He'll be fun to have along. Here are some things I noticed.

(1) Check your point-buy. Looks like you've got 1 more point to spend. Also, if you're interested in a bit more of a min/max, you can always drop Str and Wis to boost your more important stats. (5 Str!)
Str 8->6, Cha 18>19 to min/max a little more (could go 5str and 20cha but... I’d like to not collapse from one ray of enfeeblement.)

Quote:
(2) Alternate racial traits from the Advanced Race Guide are fine. They're called out in the "fiddly character options" of the opening post. But it looks like you've retained the traits your alternates are supposed to replace (e.g. Defensive Training). I love Magical Linguist and Gift of Tongues for Gnomes. Excellent choices.
woot!
Took out defensive training from SQ (oops) the rest were removed

Quote:
(3) The "Extra Gnome Magic" feat is out, since it's from Gnomes of Golarion, not the CRB or APG.
Replaced feat with Breadth of Experience from APG (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/a...ncedFeats.html), so only comprehend languages once per day now... but I can now make *all* knowledge and profession checks untrained with a bonus. woo taking the role of the bard ;D

Quote:
(4) Sorcerer grants you Eschew Materials at Lvl 1.
Added Eschew Materials

Quote:
(5) Note that Shield can only be cast on yourself. You might want to pick Mage Armor instead for the longer duration and the ability to cast on others if needed.
True... swapped out shield for mage armor

Quote:
(6) Partial wands are out. But don't worry! I believe I promised to provide the party with a fully-charged wand of cure light wounds to start with.
oookie dokes. No potions for me!

Quote:
(7) Standard Adventuring Gear covers all non-magical non-alchemical equipment priced at less than 50 gp. So Alchemist's Fire is out. But you don't need to keep track of things like bedroll, backpack, etc. It's assumed you have whatever you need.
I always carry around a 10 foot pole and 50 feet of hempen rope (although that would actually put me over a light load...)

Changes made for v2, uploaded to drive. Take a look!
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Looks good!

Also, Alex: I think I've successfully changed the settings so you can view and edit documents without sign-in. Let me know if it doesn't work.
Old Aug 3rd, 2013, 10:30 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17
Nechre
sorry this took so long, here's a link to the Barbarian, Horril Bleakbearer

http://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=42084
Added my statblock to the google drive as well.
Old Aug 3rd, 2013, 11:02 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechre View Post
sorry this took so long, here's a link to the Barbarian, Horril Bleakbearer

http://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=42084
Added my statblock to the google drive as well.
Not a problem! Ping us on Google Hangouts whenever you're ready.