Old Mar 21st, 2006, 09:38 PM
Great Wyrm
Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 726
Phoenix Phoenix Phoenix Phoenix Phoenix Phoenix Phoenix
New Open Roleplay Option

Hello, I am the New Moderator for this forum and would like to extend my hand in friendship to all that enjoy playing in this specific forum and to all of those brave dms that enjoy dming faster paced games within it.

I would also like to offer a new option for the dms that are here. I would be willing to scan the threads here to see if anyone is "fudging" dice in your games. I will not actively do this unless requested, however, as many of you do not likely care if they do or not, but some of you might. This is what this thread is for. For you, the dms, to be able to validate if you have any cheaters amoung you, and to give them a chance to step away from the darkness and begin a new life of clean and fairer game play for all.

Feel free to post the request openly here.

Thank you for listeneing and have a great game,
BlackSun

Married /w 2 kids! RIP

Last edited by Silent Tiger; Mar 28th, 2009 at 02:05 PM.
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 02:19 AM
Great Wyrm
Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
An addition to the above post...

I have been informed that many do not know what I mean by scan for fudged dice rolls... Some of the players in these games delete threads with BAD rolls in them so they can get better rolls. The DMs cannot see this and i am offering to go and scan the deleted posts for dice rolls that were made and show this evidence to the DMs. I already found an instance of this which made me decide that posting this thread was a good idea to begin with.

Cheers,
BlackSun

Married /w 2 kids! RIP

Last edited by Silent Tiger; Mar 28th, 2009 at 02:05 PM.
Old Mar 26th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Great Wyrm
Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
Open Roleplay Rules

Let me begin by saying why the original Open Roleplaying forum was removed. It had gone from being a wonderful place to set up loose games that were one-shot and fast in nature, where everything from game beginnings to advertisements to character creation to finish could be done in one thread, to a Halo/Gundam chatroom; Spam ran rampant. It was not the sort of forum we wanted to represent DnD Online Games. On March 18th, with the release of DnD Online Games v3beta, Open Roleplay was officially closed and buried.

In its new incarnation, we the staff hope that Open Roleplaying can bring itself to its former glory, and continue along that path of the straight and narrow. It is to be a forum where games can begin and end quickly and loosely, without the added bells and whistles of a standard game. It is a forum where new members can jump right in and begin playing the same day they join, teaching them the basics of Play by Post and even of D&D or any of the other supported systems.
  • Like the Solo Games forum, this forum is experimental. What we see in it will determine if it stays or not.
  • Players and GMs of games are expected to try and keep the quality of posts above the one-liners, "I swing my sword"s, "do u wanna liek play herr"s, etc of old. Imagine someone is reading this, because they very well may be.
  • At present there is no discussion on closing this forum. It has lasted this long without any abuse and all of the staff is very proud to see that it has adjusted itself to be a more respected and functional forum.

Several examples have been provided that will show that while we don't expect much, we do expect something.

Constructed by, The Staff. Past and Present.

Married /w 2 kids! RIP

Last edited by zevonian; Apr 30th, 2014 at 12:25 AM. Reason: posts here add to post count now
Old Apr 30th, 2014, 12:31 AM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 46712
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Hey all, note that the original posts in this thread were made several years ago.

To be clear, some threads, such as the Tug Of War ones, do allow for short posts. The length of posts or duration of games in the Open Roleplaying section are not necessarily meant to match the hundreds of regular games we have on site, such as ones fully incorporating systems such as 2e, 3.0/3.5, 4e DnD, Pathfinder, Star Wars, 13th Age, Call of Cthulthu, Shadowrun, Fate Core, and so on.

For questions, please send a private message to a current staff member/super moderator.
Closed Thread