twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Closed Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2014, 05:34 PM
Killing PC's Since 2005

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31292
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig
Current Data
left-aligned image

Date: Tyrs Day, Ostara 16
Time: Afternoon
Weather: Cold & Cloudy

The Giantess sits down, making her a bit closer to Savriel’s height as she listens to her speak.

“Saaav. Yes, I like that. Easy to say” Chatara replies. When Sav finished talking the giant spoke again. “Sword and metal no use for Chatara. You have fruit? Chatara talk better if not hungry” she replied. The back of her large hand struck the barren tree by her, causing it to nearly fall.

"This tree no good"
Old Mar 27th, 2014, 08:22 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35662
mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound
Kjersti peered out from behind the rock, anxious for her friend... and for her dog. "Seems like it's going ok so far," the paladin whispers to Sven. What the giant was saying, she had no clue, but it wasn't clubbing Savi against the tree, so that was good.

Last edited by mountainbound; Mar 27th, 2014 at 08:22 PM.
Old Mar 30th, 2014, 08:39 AM
Whiskey Jack

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11442
Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling
Savriel an Ael'syl
Savriel gives the giantess a broad smile, reaching into her pack to retrieve more of the fruit.
"Of course, Chatara, I-" The halfbreed finds herself cut short, and a little wide-eyed, taken aback by the casual destruction of the tree. She's sure it's an accident, either way, for Chatara doesn't seem like the type to make a threat without making it more obvious - but the reminder of what she's capable is enough to give the girl at least a momentary pause.
"Uh, more fruit here, let me get it for you." The bardess recovers with another smile, stepping forward to a clear space, though taking great care to remain in sight of her allies as she starts to lay down the fruit on the snow. It takes some time, emptying the pack of all the fruit that had been picked out at Hefn's market, but by the end of it there's a rather sizeable pile for Chatara to enjoy. Sealing up her knapsack once more, Savriel gives the giantess a curtsey, taking a step or two back to allow her to have her meal.
"Are you alone up here, Chatara, or are you of a tribe?" She asks with genuine curiosity, wondering to herself if the towering woman will return any news of their presence to other giants, ones that may be curious in turn. She certainly didn't bring enough fruit to feed a group of giants, that's for sure.
"What'd I learn from my own kind? Spells, swordplay, and a disdain for the law and its keepers. From the humans? Alcoholism, how to pick a lock, and ways to use the common tongue to incite men into leaping upon my blade. It's been an exciting decade for me."
~Morrigan, the Witch of Blades
Old Mar 31st, 2014, 12:55 PM
Killing PC's Since 2005

Tools
User Statistics
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig
Current Data
left-aligned image

Chatara leans and reaches, taking several pieces of the fruit in one hand and tossing them into her mouth whole.

“mmu ag um gwodd farruit” she said as she chewed for a moment before swallowing. The giantess took another batch and ate it as well, and with a third grab all the rest, but that she just held.

She gave a smile to Savriel and spoke. "Sav a good elf." It seemed the half-breed’s race was lost with her.

"All giants in tribe. Me alone, come to look for fruit." She replied.
Old Apr 4th, 2014, 12:36 AM
Whiskey Jack

Tools
User Statistics
Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling
Savriel an Ael'syl
Savriel smiles uneasily as Chatara begins devouring the fruit, gnashing with teeth that are likely equally suited to cleaving the flesh of men and elf alike, but she nods enthusiastically at the giantess' words.
"Yes, a good elf, a good friend too! I'm happy I helped you find fruit." The girl continues in the guttural tones of the giant's tongue, taking a moment of silence to allow the tall one to continue her meal, but then decides to interject and get things moving. She can't imagine her friends and allies enjoy kneeling in the snow, waiting for her, unable to understand a word of what's being said.
"So, Chatara, the iron Sav mentioned before. Do you know where I could find it? It would be very helpful." Savriel asks as sweetly as she can, and though she's not entirely sure what it is that a giant finds compelling in a request, she assumes it couldn't hurt to be as polite as possible.
"What'd I learn from my own kind? Spells, swordplay, and a disdain for the law and its keepers. From the humans? Alcoholism, how to pick a lock, and ways to use the common tongue to incite men into leaping upon my blade. It's been an exciting decade for me."
Old Apr 4th, 2014, 12:46 PM
Killing PC's Since 2005

Tools
User Statistics
Current Data
left-aligned image

After a moment of listening to the Half-elf, Chatara consumed her last handful of fruit. A bit of the juice ran down her fury chin, but she did not seem to notice or care.

"Chatara know a cave. Men go in, come out with bag. Want me show good elf?" She asked.
Old Apr 7th, 2014, 03:35 AM
Whiskey Jack

Tools
User Statistics
Savriel an Ael'syl
Savriel smiles at Chatara as she offers to show her the way, nodding enthusiastically, eager to get underway. She motions broadly to the giantess in something of a curtsy, hoping her allies will understand her intent, pausing to give Magnbjorn a scratch behind the ears as she accepts the tall woman's offer.
"I would like that very much, thank you! Is it far, Chatara?" The girl asks with only a hint of concern, hoping her companions are able to keep up from a distance, not knowing how to communicate with them surreptitiously. If the giantess goes ahead a bit, she could whisper a message with her majicks to her comrades, but for now she hopes they have the presence of mind to follow.
"Lead the way, please." The half-elf gathers herself, looking ready to start trudging after Chatara's far larger strides, hoping the journey will not be too long.
Old Jun 4th, 2014, 03:24 PM
Killing PC's Since 2005

Tools
User Statistics
Final Game Post...

As the group began to follow Savriel who was following Chatara, they soon get to a cave just like the giant promised. It was a large opening into a hill, large enough, well, for a giant! Chatara went inside and kept going as the rest of the group gathered around.

But then, Chatara came back out, and she was not alone. There were four, no five giants following her, each running towards you. As they easily began scooping you up one at a time in their giant hands, they took a bite, cutting the heroes in half.

The only two who were able to run were Savriel and Kjersti, and run they did. This was not a cowards move, but survival. There was no way they could have saved the others, and if they saved themselves, at least the others would be remembered by the tales told.

It took many days for the two women to get back to town. Over the next few weeks their story would be told and re-told. In their own way they were heroes, for no longer did men tread where the Giants dwelled.

Last edited by Digorig; Jun 5th, 2014 at 01:44 AM.
Closed Thread