Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Winter Wonderland
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Aug 17th, 2014, 03:30 PM
Back in green

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9990
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthcharon View Post
The cloaked figures seem completely unphased by Esmeralda's spell, seemingly more concerned with the quickly running rat.
They're still not paying any attention to Esmeralda right now; one of them is trying to stop Rat, while the other tried to touch you with some sort of effect that Darth apparently decided to let your character dodge.

And, you know, they had ignored our attempt to initiate conversation and casually decided to "extinguish" at least one of us even before Rat even started running...

Last edited by DukeofTuring; Aug 17th, 2014 at 03:40 PM.
Old Aug 18th, 2014, 07:46 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11453
aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor
The coward.

Though to be fair, he has been pretty consistant about that.
Old Aug 18th, 2014, 10:06 AM
Back in green

Tools
User Statistics
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring
I had prepared a charm person spell earlier, in case Squiggly got out of hand and we needed to use some magic to get the evil character to cooperate. Maybe I should have kept it prepared to stiffen up the other PCs' resolve

Hell, maybe I should charm one of the more useful looking PCs whose players went AWOL, keep them around as an NPC

Last edited by DukeofTuring; Aug 18th, 2014 at 10:06 AM.
Old Aug 18th, 2014, 11:04 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor
heh. Rat is already charmed. Just scared.
Old Aug 20th, 2014, 12:31 AM
Back in green

Tools
User Statistics
Darth, how far away are the redcloaks from Esmeralda right now? Do they seem to be capable of running or otherwise making use of the usual spectrum of movement speeds (eg move action or casual movement all the way to the run action)? Are they still not leaving tracks, even when flat out hoofing it as fast as they can?

Last edited by DukeofTuring; Aug 20th, 2014 at 12:33 AM.
Old Aug 20th, 2014, 01:05 PM
Lord of the Dork Side

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6049
darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon
They flat out ran, and they seem to move faster than any normal human, so I'd estimate about 200ft away. If you did want to chase them though, there are chase rules that would allow you to possibly catch them despite them being faster. Even now, they seem to be hovering slightly above the snow, but their sheer speed is knocking some of the snow around simply from displaced air. You'd need to be a master tracker to follow them by that alone, though.
Old Aug 25th, 2014, 10:24 PM
Back in green

Tools
User Statistics
Has there been any area of terrain that we've come across so far that hasn't been covered in snow (excluding the shipwreck and the house)

He asks, expecting the answer to be no
Old Aug 25th, 2014, 10:54 PM
Lord of the Dork Side

Tools
User Statistics
darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon
Yes, there was the water the shipwreck was floating in (that was covered in ice, not snow)
Old Sep 2nd, 2014, 08:56 PM
Back in green

Tools
User Statistics
Not to burst your bubble, darth, but pretty much anybody but possibly someone with a serious education in science would pronounce it "union-ized"

How far apart are the shipwreck and the cabin? I got the impression that they were reasonably far apart, but it seems like we can pretty much see one from the other right now.

I ask because my next suggested course of action will really depend on how likely it is that the robed figures have figured out by now that we're operating out of the cabin

Last edited by DukeofTuring; Sep 2nd, 2014 at 08:57 PM.
Old Sep 4th, 2014, 03:14 PM
Lord of the Dork Side

Tools
User Statistics
There's less than a mile separating the two: The snowfall makes it difficult to see one from the other, but standing directly between the two allows you to make out both with light detail.

And fine, I'll change my signature to be more appropriate. Happy?

Last edited by darthcharon; Sep 4th, 2014 at 03:15 PM.
Old Sep 5th, 2014, 03:39 PM
Back in green

Tools
User Statistics
Check the tags on that last roll, Aerondor
Old Sep 5th, 2014, 06:30 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Fixed.

Now for the bad news.

I've been having some increasingly bad problems with my fingers over the last few weeks. I'm hoping it is not RSI as the problems don't seem to be when I'm directly typing, but any sideways pressure on them is staring to get painful.

As such, I'm trying to cut back on their use.

I'm going to try taking a month off the boards (with the possible exception of one game as a player, as I suspect going totally cold turkey won't work for me).

So, you won't see me post in this game until at least October.
Old Sep 6th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Back in green

Tools
User Statistics
Sorry to hear that. PBP isn't the best hobby for someone with hand trouble, though, I suppose

So... I guess we'll consider this game on indefinite hiatus, then, and perhaps pick things back up when aerondor gets back?