Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > The Vice of Corufton
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Aug 31st, 2014, 08:23 PM
The hidden treasure

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20493
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Will soon find out There could me multiple ways... some faster than others...
Old Sep 4th, 2014, 01:09 AM
Higgle, Hogwart, Hogbrain

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8079
Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon
Well, I hate to admit it but our dear character Elara has met an untimely end.

She took more dust than any living person should, and did so all at once. The sad part is that she was so concerned with anyone finding her secret, that she hid so well no one in the party was able to come to her aid and save her from herself. There was a chance that with a DC 10 healing check someone could have pumped her stomach, but that is neither here for there as no one could find her.

Of course you do not know this in character, but I just wanted to make the announcement and let you all know what happened out of character. It wasn't a result that I had expected or really wanted to be put in the position to enforce, but with so many failed dice rolls it cannot be helped.

Kaylara, I do not have a character for you to play right now, but if you want to stick with the game I will see if there is a way to work in another character soon.

I will post in the game thread in just a few minutes, moving the rest of the party on. They can assume that Elara will find them eventually or has struck out on her own.
Old Sep 4th, 2014, 03:00 AM
The hidden treasure

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20493
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Oh well, that's what I get for playing an X addict

Nice game, I had fun. (for as short as it she made it)

I figure with my schedule starting to pick up, the timing might be right and this inadvertently works in my favor.

Thanks for the game everyone, I hope we can run again sometime down the road.
Old Sep 4th, 2014, 04:37 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2685
TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic
It's also what you get for making the character a rogue who could try it without somebody in the party noticing in time.

Anyway, you have my respect, both Pendragon and Kaylara. For initiating and accepting character death with grace. Ultimately I think it fits with the theme of the game you've set up. You didn't go out of your way to stop a character death, nor to prevent it. This I feel is the right way to deal with a setting where we are tackling a poignant and realistic issue.

On the other hand this is going to hit Grendal hard (assuming they find out what happened).
Old Sep 8th, 2014, 10:01 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon
*taps microphone* test test test. Is this thing on? *tap* *tap*
Old Sep 13th, 2014, 12:47 AM

Tools
User Statistics
I am sensing a little slow down. I know a few of you are still interested, but we have been waiting a few days for the others to post. Let me know if you all are still on board. I try to give every character a chance to post before I move the story forward, so if you are waiting for me you should probably post if you haven't already.
Old Sep 13th, 2014, 01:01 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic
In some circumstances, such as this one it's probably a good idea to move us along. Only one player (Having written that I'm now finding myself really wanting a subplot where Elara's Ghost starts haunting drug dealers, or at least gives us advice 'Obi-Wan' stylewith a living character) has yet to post since your last.

In this case we have Astra talking to the bouncer and three out of four other players basically saying 'we'll wait and see what happens as Astra talks to the Bouncer'
Old Sep 13th, 2014, 01:07 AM

Tools
User Statistics
I will move it along tomorrow night if the player does not post, sooner if they do.
Old Sep 16th, 2014, 10:03 AM

Tools
User Statistics
I've been dropping the ball a bit lately. My apologies. I will try and get a post up tonight after work.
Old Sep 20th, 2014, 03:04 PM

Tools
User Statistics
My last update was 4 days ago. Real life has been a pain this week and what little time I have had I was using to help out the Kingmaker players. It is pretty tough setting up key players in a kingdom.

I am wrapping up their development and their real game will begin soon, so I will be able to split more of my times with my other games.

I am going to get you rolling now and you can expect another update after at least a couple of players post tomorrow or the next day.
Old Sep 26th, 2014, 12:18 AM

Tools
User Statistics
I am going to shut down this game.

I have other things I would like to concentrate on. I am pretty firm on this, and I am shutting down one other game as well. I will not be opening any more games until further notice.

This is one part Real Life and one part taking on a large project. I will keep in touch if I start running a game you would be great in, I will send you a PM to have a crack at it. Thanks for putting in all the effort that you did, those of you that did.
Old Sep 26th, 2014, 08:47 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29897
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Thanks for letting us know
Old Sep 27th, 2014, 06:34 AM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8840
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
It was fun guys.
Old Oct 2nd, 2014, 12:07 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
When the time arises that it must be done, it is better to make the cut clean. Thanks for that courtesy.