twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jun 9th, 2015, 01:18 PM
Star Gazing Nerd

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6277
asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8
Okay. So this post is going to be somewhat of a long and complicated one, driven by some external discussions on how to handle something.

So. When I created the concept for this game a long time ago, it was when there a rush of Eberron seeking players in need of a game after a couple of Forgotten Forge games crashed and burned in ginormous fireballs. I decided that it would be wise to step into that void and, when presented with a way to bring the system into line, added on the bit about using E6. It seemed a logical step.

Since that time though, I unfortunately do think there has been some sap to the enthusiasm, both on my end and externally. The number of applications was less than I anticipated and honestly I feel some of my decisions were forced by a desire to try to keep a balanced party composition to send threats against rather than solely based on the merit of the character itself. This is entirely my fault though, and something that should have been considered better at the time of application. That being said, after starting the thread up, putting it on hiatus, and then bringing it back up to speed months later, I felt a certain need to keep things going.

So here is my primary concern: I am not certain that at this point I have the drive to bring you guys the Eberron game that is deserved. I think the initial enthusiasm is probably a response in part to that. It is highly probable I think that this is one of those games that will peter out fairly quickly despite the best efforts of those involved and part of that is inherently my problem. I should have started up the game thread as characters were getting fleshed out, for example, and should have sought to work better to weave characters into the setting to be more involved.

Now, ultimately, I do want some feedback from all of you. I, personally, think that what is unfortunately the best plan is to set this to the wayside and let it die an ignoble death before anybody becomes seriously invested. This will allow everybody involved to devote their best efforts elsewhere, where other people are doing the same. However, I am open to any suggestions at this point, although I am unsure what I can really offer to fix things.
Old Jun 9th, 2015, 08:42 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29974
Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian
Team,

This probably on me... I had something to celebrate the other day and had a few drinks before I posted last. I recall having a lot fun with it, but now can see I may have had too much fun with it and turned out obnoxious, which was not my intent at all. I would like to go continue this venture, if at all possible, and promise I won't drink and post anymore... Well not be obnoxious any more.

Apologies all! Onward!

Cheers, Xian
Old Jun 9th, 2015, 11:15 PM
Now a Wizard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13197
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
I found no issue with what you posted Xian, and honestly I am all for continuing the game as the ideas behind most of the characters seem fairly solid, ultimately though it is up to you Asura and one way or another I will still enjoy your dming in sandpoint.
Old Jun 10th, 2015, 01:03 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6844
ColdBones ColdBones ColdBones ColdBones ColdBones ColdBones ColdBones ColdBones ColdBones ColdBones ColdBones
Asura8 - I am for continuing the game, but it requires a dedicated GM. So, if you aren't feeling it, or don't think you're going to have the desire to carry it forward, I would have no hard feelings about shutting it down now, instead of just spiraling into a neglected game.

The decision is yours, and I'll certainly respect your decision either way. I'd like to continue, if you're up for it though.
Old Jun 10th, 2015, 09:03 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4590
GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter
I second ColdBones.
Old Jun 10th, 2015, 11:51 AM
Warrior of Derpness

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14751
GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti
Thirded.

That is how I feel.
Old Jun 10th, 2015, 12:13 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29974
Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian
Fourthed... (and no drinking this time... honest!)

Cheers, Xian
Old Jun 14th, 2015, 03:05 PM
Star Gazing Nerd

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6277
asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8
So, it took me some time to muse over things and I really do think that at the end of the day, it is in everyone's best interest to just nix things before they kick off here.

Apologies for the work put into character sheets, into working out elaborate backgrounds, and the like, but I think you are all better suited for a DM who can give 100% of the effort than I can at the moment for this game.
Old Jun 15th, 2015, 01:21 AM
Warrior of Derpness

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14751
GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti
That is unfortunate, but I can certainly respect the decision. I've been there before.

Catch y'all around!

That is how I feel.