Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Open Roleplaying
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Mar 3rd, 2021, 07:59 AM
Utterly flocked

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23773
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
Character App - March 2021
left-aligned image
Name: Atlanta Carroway
System: City of Mist
Concept: Inhabited by a manifestation of Janus, the Roman god of doors, duality and time

Description TBC

Old Mar 4th, 2021, 12:09 AM
Descent Gaming Bradenton

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1941
TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG
System: Shadowrun
Theme: Outrageous send up.

Squirrelly ManOnce upon a time, in a desolate city called Poliadica, there was a man named Thomas Campbell, a wealthy doctor and social activist. He used a portion of his wealth to help the disenfranchised. He started to see the corruption in his city, and decided the only way to fight the government was to run for public office. There were people behind the scenes, behind the curtain, pulling the strings. They did not want to give up their power. These were called the Parliament of Owls. They schemed to put an end to Thomas Campbell, first attempting to disgrace him, to frame him, but when their plans were foiled by Harvey Gordon, the lawyer retained by Thomas Campbell to defend him, they looked for other methods.

One night, Thomas Campbell had gone to the trids with his wife Martha and son Bruce. A thug attempted to rob him, but Thomas Campbell wasn’t willing to part with his wallet so easily. Spooked, the thug fired his gun, killing both Thomas and his wife, before running off into the darkness. Left an orphan, Bruce was taken in by his uncle, Ben Parker.

Bruce vowed to find his father’s killer, and continue his legacy. He spent time learning investigative methods, and honing his body through physical exercise, gymnastics, and several different forms of martial arts, such as wushu and capoeira. Along the way, he found time to have experimental enhancements made to his body. Subdermal wiring around his bones, to improve his defenses, wired reflexes, and he replaced his right arm with a chainsaw.

Seeing as how his father’s adversaries were the Parliament of Owls, he chose to be a representative of the owl’s natural adversaries--the squirrel. His speed and dexterity were unmatched, and he took to the trees found throughout the city, to fight crime, while he searched for that face, a face he’d never forget, the man who killed his father.

Last edited by TADHG; Mar 4th, 2021 at 08:52 PM.
Old Mar 25th, 2021, 08:54 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15919
Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier
Night Skye
right-aligned image

Name: Skye Langford, aka Night Skye

System: Fate

High Concept: Skye can see three seconds into the future.Precognitive brawler

Trouble: She watched her sister die twice, but only managed to save herself.Plagued by Guilt

Aspect: Laser focused on whatever she sets her mind to.Don't know the meaning of the word 'quit'.

Aspect: Yes, and... Skye has learned to think quickly to best use her limited precognition.Took an improv class

The tragic backstory...Savannah and Skye Langford, inseparable twins just out to get a drink from the bodega down the street. It was a day like any other, overcast as usual, and Savannah was going on about her latest comic book obsession while Skye rolled her eyes as she followed along. Short-tempered tomboy with a laser focus or head-in-the-clouds bookworm, neither Langford daughter was what their mother had hoped for when she’d given birth to two girls.

Screeching tires caught Skye’s attention and she turned to see the muzzle sticking out the car window. Before she could even open her mouth to shout a warning the bullets began to fly through the air, cutting down the twins along with their intended target. Skye fell towards her sister, watching as Savannah fell with a half-dozen wounds; the blood hadn’t even had time to stain her sundress.

Screeching tires caught Skye’s attention and she stopped in her tracks with the strangest sense of deja vu as she turned to look. Bullets flew once more, only taking a few seconds for the weapon to empty its magazine and the driver to peel away. Skye rushed to her sister’s side, shot just the same as before and already gone as blood began to pool on the sidewalk and sirens sounded in the distance. The smell of burning rubber and coppery blood filled Skye’s nose as she sat beside Savannah and stroked her hair, only moving when the first responders dragged her away.

The powers...The Langford family tree was well-detailed in Savannah’s only unfinished homework assignment, and Skye smiled as she wiped away tears. Reading through each of the note cards her sister had researched brought a smile to her face, right up until she flipped over the picture of Grandpa Henry. An unknowing participant in government experimentation during his time in the military, he had never known what was done to him, even after winning a sizable settlement which still provided for the family even now. It struck Skye as the best explanation for what was happening, the only out-of-the-ordinary thing to happen to her family. Why her? Why now? What exactly was going on? Savannah would have loved delving into all of these questions, but Skye would just have to make do.

Temporal sight? Displacement? Vision? Precognition? Skye had no idea what to call it, that nerd stuff always being Savannah’s domain, yet despite what the therapist assured her Skye knew exactly what had happened. She’d done it again, tried to go back, but it became apparent that the ability didn’t work the way she wanted it to. Three seconds, give-or-take, was all she could see into the future. That’s it, that’s all. Not enough to change much, but enough to change something important if she was in the right place, and look like a boss while doing it.

The hero is born...Keeping watch on a warehouse was beyond tedious, as Skye had learned in the six months she’d been following these guys at night. It had taken her a long time to work out her abilities, longer still to get a lead on the guys in the car, and now here she was. Watching. She was at least wearing a mask, having read enough of Savannah’s comics in the time since the shooting to know that was a good idea, although she doubted that yoga pants and a sports bra constituted a 'costume'. Even had a superhero name picked out if she ever needed one, Night Skye, not that she dared say it out loud. Not for fear of being found out, but because it was dumb as hell and she could hear her sister’s snorting laugh every time the name crossed her mind.

Tonight was the night, and Skye wished she knew how all of this was going to turn out. A bunch of gangers beat to hell in a warehouse by a masked vigilante? Would that last part make the papers? Would any of it? Was she starting something she could finish, or would she be dead in a week, left to rot in a dumpster?

She stood at the edge of the roof and looked down to the ground before, glad she had taken the time to determine exactly how far she could fall in three seconds and still see the landing. Nope… nope… nope… yep…, she thought as she watched result-after-result, and found the option that was the best she could hope for. The lookout was about to pass by below her and she choked down the nerves and jumped.

Now she stood over the unconscious ganger and took his gun, wallet, and phone while keeping her eye on the rundown warehouse across the street. So far, so good, she thought as she worked up the courage to cross the street and take the fight to the rest of the gang that had taken her sister away from her.
Old Mar 29th, 2021, 07:08 PM
Pronouns: he/him/precious

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12438
orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane
Applications for the March 2021 MCAC are now closed.My thanks to the contestants for making this another successful round!

The winner will be announced Wednesday, March 31!
Old Mar 29th, 2021, 08:20 PM
Utterly flocked

Tools
User Statistics
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
Ah damnit, I never got around to fleshing out my character. I need to be better organised next time!
Old Apr 1st, 2021, 07:26 PM
Pronouns: he/him/precious

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12438
orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane
Great applications, TADHG and Starflier! I think declaring a winner out of two applications is just a little outside the feeling I was going for with this contest. Therefore, I declare both applications: Co-Winners!

Thank you both for your contributions and excellent responses to the March MCAC prompt! I hope they were as fun for you to write as they were for me to read!

Old Apr 22nd, 2021, 04:40 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50680
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
I take it there will be no april contest? Any hope for May?

Good luck and happy gaming everyone!!!
Old Apr 22nd, 2021, 05:16 PM
WotC can bite me

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7616
Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imveros View Post
I take it there will be no april contest? Any hope for May?
What Invernos said ALSO, what if you started posting contest guidelines two months in advance? There was one month where I almost but didn’t make the submission deadline. Not a complaint, in fact got an idea for a PC. But maybe more lead time will lead to chatter about ideas and more interest.

If you’re feeling burnt out...maybe solicit ideas for April and June monthly contests? (Idea Submitter probably shouldn’t be eligible for that month?)
Old Apr 22nd, 2021, 06:45 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Maybe have the previous winner set the criteria for the next months contest? Or two months out if we wanted to give more lead time as Solitaire suggested

Old Apr 23rd, 2021, 10:02 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1618
Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imveros View Post
Maybe have the previous winner set the criteria for the next months contest? Or two months out if we wanted to give more lead time as Solitaire suggested
That sounds like a great idea! Especially because that would mean you're not depending on one person setting the criteria.

As a sidenote, completely unrelated, orcbane hasn't been to the site in over two weeks.
Old Apr 29th, 2021, 11:32 PM
WotC can bite me

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7616
Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestrosity View Post
As a sidenote, completely unrelated, orcbane hasn't been to the site in over two weeks.
Yeah, doesn't seem promising. Hope he is okay.

Are there any objections to having the contest for May? I can propose an idea.

And are there at least three (3) people interested in submitting something for May? If I propose and 'judge' then I'm not submitting.
Old Apr 30th, 2021, 02:04 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1618
Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity
I'm interested and will most likely submit.
Old Apr 30th, 2021, 09:32 AM
Utterly flocked

Tools
User Statistics
Sure, I can submit something as well.
Old Apr 30th, 2021, 10:07 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15919
Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier
I'm in. Already took part in the first three.
Old Apr 30th, 2021, 10:19 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I may compete it all depends on the prompt and if anything comes to me :/