Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Shadows of the Last War
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Feb 19th, 2021, 10:38 AM
Solemn Golem

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30722
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman
Oh I was kidding about the halfling with the sign! I thought the sunglasses was a dead giveaway! But you know what? I feel like keeping it going now. (Maybe without the sunglasses, though...)

So far we haven't lost power for more than a few minutes during this second storm. If it holds, I'll try to post a little something this evening and respond to Kova's flurry of questions and possibilities for the rolls.

Last edited by mad_gondsman; Feb 19th, 2021 at 11:22 AM.
Old Feb 19th, 2021, 11:20 AM
Solemn Golem

Tools
User Statistics
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shades.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	89724  

Old Feb 21st, 2021, 12:18 PM
The penguins are coming!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19622
Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera
Oh I mean like... I had that figuring about the sunglasses but then I love it, I liked it, so I went with it, and it seems like it worked... I mean... come on, it is like the perfect way to drive Ky insane
Old Mar 1st, 2021, 10:15 AM
Solemn Golem

Tools
User Statistics
I didn't want to glaze over Kova's shopping spree and voracious pursuit of knowledge too quickly, so... maybe our sunglassed chauffeur will appear soon.

Also, is it funny that I have (extremely mild) anxiety about posting? I feel like this site has been the only thing keeping me literate for the past decade or whatever, and my intermittent breaks last year caused my brain to dumb dumb, haha... I can't even type.dump half of my vocabulary.

Initial GM PostYou step off of trainy lightning thing with your feet. There is grass over there. A lizard squawks at nothing. You see a lot of short people doing stuff. Someone is cooking bacon.

Okay, maybe it wasn't that bad, but it felt like it in my head.

Last edited by mad_gondsman; Mar 1st, 2021 at 10:26 AM.
Old Mar 1st, 2021, 07:15 PM
The penguins are coming!

Tools
User Statistics
I wont lie... I have been in a game like that before (and I am dying laughing)

Nah you haven't lost it, not at all... and you better bring in the sunglasses guy,.. IT IS NOW LAW
Old Mar 1st, 2021, 07:45 PM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29218
ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove
Yeah, my thoughts reading that post were: "Damn, MG hasn't lost a step." Seriously, that was a great post.

Kova's barrage of questions is only part player curiosity. Mainly I'm RPing Kova's personality. As you'll learn soon enough, that aspect of Kova is based on my son when he was 4.

Crushed this week, and I want to answer that post with a good one, so it may be a couple days.
Old Mar 1st, 2021, 08:20 PM
The penguins are coming!

Tools
User Statistics
I am working on one now, it isn't as epic... but then Ky is going "hey... wha... no come back... where is... who... damn it I need leashes"
Old Mar 1st, 2021, 09:34 PM
Solemn Golem

Tools
User Statistics
Haha, alright! As long as you guys are happy, I'm happy.

And I like the curiosity! I just might... trade a silent hunter out for a silver-tongued merchant to answer, hehe. But it's a great opportunity to barf Eberronisms all over the screen.

Old Mar 19th, 2021, 10:40 AM
Solemn Golem

Tools
User Statistics
I had a root canal last week which stole my momentum... and my will to go on living, haha. I'm on the other side of it until my next appointment. Is a constant battery of ridiculous ailments the new normal? Haha...

Old Mar 19th, 2021, 08:22 PM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove
Ouch. I had a root canal once when I was in my mid-20s. Turned me into an aggressive daily flosser.

Hey, public service announcement for you guys. My wife got her vaccination (early because she's a school teacher). First shot - no big deal, just a sore arm. But the second shot? Kicked. Her. Butt. By sheer chance I happened to be home that day and drove her because we wanted to go out for lunch after. Good thing I drove. Almost as soon as she had the shot she was dizzy and lethargic. She fell asleep in the car on the way home (we skipped lunch). Then she went to bed at 3:00 PM and we didn't see her until the next morning.

She was fine the next day, but the second shot is no joke for some people. I hate to think what would have happened if she tried to drive herself home. When you all go for yours, if at all possible, please have someone drive you and be sure to drive your family members for theirs.

Last edited by ruffdove; Mar 19th, 2021 at 08:23 PM.
Old Mar 19th, 2021, 09:44 PM
The penguins are coming!

Tools
User Statistics
I feel left out... I have never had a root canal....

Take care of yourself Gondy, and floss and brush??? But yeah, once you hit 20... it is all downhill

Glad she is feeling better now Ruff... I have heard that from a lot of people, I am on the list up here as we move into stage 2 in my city, and have already worked things out with work that I may need day off kinda stuff depending on when I get it..
Old Mar 20th, 2021, 12:11 AM
Solemn Golem

Tools
User Statistics
Yeah, I cracked a tooth a few weeks ago, right after that last post. It started aching like crazy and there ya go. Infection. Root canal. At least I got it taken care of early before it got really bad.

The second round was rough for my wife, too. She was out of commission for a few days.

Add: My in-laws, who all had very mild symptoms when they caught the virus, didn't have any real issue with the vaccination other than feeling tired. My wife and I's symptoms were pretty severe and she experienced them all over again with the 2nd round of the vaccine. I know that's a really small sample size, but it appears (from our experience, here) that the severity of symptoms are similar.

Last edited by mad_gondsman; Mar 20th, 2021 at 12:17 AM.
Old Apr 4th, 2021, 05:01 PM
Solemn Golem

Tools
User Statistics
OK! Root canal woes are over. That was one of the most miserable two weeks of my entire life. I'm still a little miserable... but functionally miserable, I guess.

I'm going to start working on a reply and... well we'll see what rears its ugly head next, haha.

Old May 19th, 2021, 10:45 PM
Solemn Golem

Tools
User Statistics
There's our guy, finally. Fallen asleep at his post... as I've fallen asleep a few times while writing that post.

As I've said... I'll keep posting as I can, haha. I can only offer that one day my little bud will be able to do things a little more independently. Then perhaps I can get a few more hours to myself.

Old May 20th, 2021, 09:28 PM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
"dad_gondsman" -- I love it.

How old is your son now? Gotta be walking by now, right? That's an adventure. Always great to see a post from you. Been a while since Kap was on, but hopefully she'll check in soon.