Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > MoonZar > Minkai's Overlord
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Apr 19th, 2021, 10:54 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13086
dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen
Ghovinda
left-aligned image

Ghovinda follows Canan's lead looking after Koharu, but making sure not to hover to close as to add to the pressure. When Inno gives commands, he follows her orders. He wonders at her age. She certainly acted with an authority of a wise woman much older than her appearance.

Ghovinda is not so sure that the Tian man's rambling was as far off the mark than Inno seemed to suggest. She recognized the kind of gentle misdirection she passed along to the others with her words. It was something his own mother had done to help manage the men of his tribe.

The young Shoanti ponders the situation. Ghovinda was not one to pry into others secrets, but were they not here to unravel Koharu's past? It seemed as though Inno's past was intimately intertwined somehow.

Though the other male folk tromp around loudly through the old keep, Ghovinda's sharp ears did not miss the name Inno whispered nearly under her breath.

"Who is Jasper?" Ghovinda asks nonchalantly.

OOC

Old Apr 21st, 2021, 03:44 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 34202
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
right-aligned image
Koharu
Covering herself with the blanket, Koharu is sweating even more and give up. - " Ah it's fine, you men all saw a bare belly before. Please just don't stare. " She doesn't know what is happening to her, but tries to answer Canan. - " It feels like magic or power was boiling inside me and needed to get out. I feel way better now that I released some flames. Turning to the oracle. " I suppose... I'm a sorceress of some kind, but I'm afraid. What if I burned one of you instead. I can continue... but I feel drained. "

- " Me kill the old man first, then going back home. " The barbarian grunt in approximative common. - " I owe you a debt, you Graegor. Why did you come here?? "

Thanks to Inno's magic, everybody but Kelda and Zawa are in prime condition. The throne room is clear as all the room on the ground floor. Rotting, faded banners hang from the walls of this long hall, depicting a stylized castle sitting on a seaside cliff. Thick stone pillars support the ceiling, while at the far end of the hall sits an old wooden throne, its back carved to resemble the towers of a castle wrapped in the coils of a serpentine dragon. This room was once mighty, but nearly thirty years of decay since the fall of the fortress is a long time.

The party doesn't have trouble gathering what they could find useful from the corpses and the rooms and put it together on the table of the briefing room.

When things are calmer, Koharu can't help herself to ask Inno something. - " That old man said you are an oracle daughter? Do you think it's possible you were here a long time ago, are we not the same age? Did you know my grandfather Rokuro Kobayashi? He was here right? He called me a phoenix of Minkai and recognized me as well. I suppose he's a madman and is mistaken. "

Last edited by MoonZar; Apr 21st, 2021 at 10:48 PM.
Old Apr 21st, 2021, 03:48 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21625
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Graegor Fallow
right-aligned image

Graegor raised a hand in protest as Kelda claimed that she owed him a debt. "You owe us nothing , Kelda. I'm just glad we were able to free you in time. As to what we are doing here, besides saving people from being cooked alive by ogres, that is a long story. Suffice it to say that we are looking for something that belongs to us and we believe it is under this castle somewhere."

Once everything had been gathered from the courtyard and interior rooms and piled onto a table, Graegor mulled through what had been collected, taking a couple of scrolls.

"Alright, we ready to head down? Seems we still have some unfinished business to attend to."
OOC
Taking Scrolls of Entangle and Sleep.

Old Apr 22nd, 2021, 10:33 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50680
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
right-aligned image
Charles was angry for a split second as Taurin sat upon the throne but immediately started to laugh before taking a knee. "All hail King Taurin. Long live the King!" He said before regaining his feet.

The boy risked a look outside and noticed two things. First, there was a rather urgent conversation happening. Second, dress code standards continued to drop in the cavalier's absence. "They're still quite busy out there. I don't think they'll mind if we keep exploring." He said, trying to hide the redness in his cheeks.

An ear to every door and a slow entrance to every room, Charles explored the rest of the first floor, discreetly piling the treasures found back in the throne room. "Well, that's about it, brother. Sadly, I couldn't find your crown or scepter. Those will have to wait for your coronation, I suppose." He said with a wink, risking another look outside, relieved to see that Koharu had least found a blanket.

"I think they need like five more minutes?" He called confusedly back to the throne.

OOC

Good luck and happy gaming everyone!!!
Old Apr 22nd, 2021, 09:19 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 88157
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Ghovinda and Koharu drew closer to Inno, and began asking questions. She glanced at Canan, and could see the half-orc had her own, too, but kept them quiet, for the moment at least.

"Jasper is dead, a long time ago," she said to Ghovinda. "He died in the slave fighting pits, at the end of a spear, if my memory serves."

It does. It hurts, something said inside Inno's memory. Mother, I am sorry, it hurts!

She gritted her teeth, and drove the memory back, but the effort made her stumble in her stride. A few spots of blood appeared on her body, wounds torn open by her stress.

"And I don't know if I am a Oracle, or not," she hissed to Koharu through a clenched jaw. "But I have never been here before, or I would have told everyone I had, and we could have avoided all this carnage. Did your grandfather fight and die in the pits? If not, then I wouldn't know him. I don't even know my own mother. Or Father. Or yours or yours or yours," she said, and pointed to the others. "Unless they died fighting for the sick, twisted pleasure of the rich, I wouldn't know any of them. And if they did, I am sorry, and if they lasted more than a few moments, I might have known them."

You might still, a voice insisted.

"Yes, I might still," she agreed quietly.
Old Apr 24th, 2021, 07:23 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3423
gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha
OemOem decided to follow the halfling and the guardsman into the castle, keeping his distance as they playfully explored. Two large doors to the east caught the scout's curiosity. Keeping the others within ear shot he checked the door for traps, finally pushing it open slowly and skulking inside once he felt it was safe. The doors open into a large ballroom with stairs to his right, impulsively he wanted to venture deeper but who knew what other monsters this castle hides.

Last edited by gotha; Apr 24th, 2021 at 07:24 AM.
Old Apr 25th, 2021, 02:28 PM
Barbarus sum

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22413
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood
Koharu had asked, what if I burned? Canan knew what it was like to feel a spirit, to feel some force around you or within you. She knew that being other, being different, was enough to make people fear you in itself. She did not want Koharu to learn the same lesson the same way, becoming an outcast, and so she told the truth.

"A phoenix is a creature of fire, and - it seems - so are you. Some people will fear you. If you burn me, I will live and forgive you; and if I do not live, I will not be here to blame you. Sammas might leave his droppings on your cloak, in that case," she finished with a smile.

"Come, sisters. The boys are about to find us another fight, I fear, and the spirits grow weary of my call. There will be little I can do beyond wield a blade, should we encounter another enemy today. Should we stop them, and find a room we can defend?"
Old Apr 26th, 2021, 12:59 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen
Ghovinda
left-aligned image

Something was amiss in Inno's answer, Ghovinda can tell from the way that Inno clenched her jaw and seemed to grimace as if in pain. However, what it was that Inno was holding on to, Ghovinda had no way to tell. Nor did he feel as if he had space to pry.

The young Shoanti man stands watch over the women, about to add his thoughts, when Canan seemingly overlooks his presence calling to his sisters. Ghovinda is both embarrassed and annoyed by the way that his presence is seemingly passed over by his should-be blood sister. He is once again confused why, after everything they had been through on the journey so far, Canan seemed unwilling to open up to him.

Ghovinda remembered something that Charles had once said to him. "All women-folk have their secrets!" he had said in that over-jovial tone of his. Much as Ghovinda hated to see Charles as ever uttering words of wisdom, in this case, it appeared as though the chipper town guard was right.

OOC

Old Apr 26th, 2021, 10:44 PM
Guac Chief

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6776
Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga
Taurin Bluecoat
right-aligned image
With a "Hup" Taurin hopped off the throne and started to walk back to the main courtyard. He waved over Charles and Oem, "They're probably fine now, and we should probably talk to that pipsqueak about whether or not there's much else to worry about inside the castle before we decide whether or not to do a full clear of this dusty place."

Taurin twirled the newfound quarter staff as he moved, "If nobody else has a claim on it, King Taurin will be taking this as his scepter of office!"
The cheerful halfling continued spinning the staff around himself, this had been a pretty successful trip. Now if only he could find a fitting gift to bring back to Lanalee.

Last edited by Amarga; Apr 26th, 2021 at 10:46 PM.
Old Apr 27th, 2021, 02:38 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 34202
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
- " By all the gods, I hope it won't come to that. " Koharu answered Canan about burning her up by accident - " hahaha... I should try to find a new hat in case I taste Sammas' revenge. Mine turned to ashes with half my backpack. "

As they finish inspecting the ground floor, Koharu finds better clothes in one of the closets. A lady lived here for sure once before the place was wrecked. She finds a long purple skirt that she attaches around her hips with a nice silky belt in the same color tone. A camisole fit well her bosom but still leave her belly button, shoulders, and arms completely exposed. The boys might not have realized it, as she usually doesn't show skin, but she became sexy on the dawn of her adulthood. - " That will do... Until i figure out how to control my temperature. "

Kelda is on her guard, looking around for someone to swing her axe at, but there's enemy remaining. Some stairs go up, others go down in another part of the dungeon they didn't explore. - " Where next... tiny king? " Koharu interjects with her thoughts about where to go next. - " What we seek is somewhere under the castle. Right? "

Last edited by MoonZar; Apr 27th, 2021 at 01:26 PM.
Old Apr 28th, 2021, 09:08 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50680
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
right-aligned image
"I think that'll do fine until we can find something a little more jewel-encrusted." Charles replied to the newly crowned king before risking another glance out into the courtyard. "Looks like they've wrapped things up." He whispered to the halfling before returning to the courtyard.

"I just got back from a survey of the first floor, and we have more than a few options for heading down. My money is on the stairs behind the throne, but who knows if ol' sourpuss moved the box somewhere else." He kicked some of the courtyard dirt around.

"We aren't getting any close to our goal standing around here, that's for sure. Besides, Spivy and Willow are waiting for us to return!" He said anxiously, wondering if his best friend was ok.

OOC

Good luck and happy gaming everyone!!!
Old Apr 29th, 2021, 02:38 AM
Barbarus sum

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22413
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood
Canan had said what she was going to. Charles was talking again, and if she spoke up now, he would start following her around again. At least he had been distracted by playing in the castle for a little while. And Ghovinda was staring at her, like there was some filth on her face, or like she was the filth. Trying not to be obvious about it, Canan brushed a hand across her cheek, as if she was pushing hair aside. All it did was smear a stripe of spider guts, but it gave her an excuse to turn away. She was exhausted, worn out from the effort of expending all of her magic so fast, but with a few moments' rest she would be able to fight again, she hoped.

OOCCanan has no spells left apart from level 0. She can still fight though!
Old Apr 29th, 2021, 12:53 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21625
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Graegor Fallow
right-aligned image

Graegor nodded to Charles's suggestion about taking the stairs behind the throne. "That seems as good of a place as any to continue our search. The box is supposed to be below the castle and it makes sense that anything important might be near the throne."

Graegor suddenly looked to the side, having heard a strange voice, but there was no one there. It was not the first time he had heard the voice and he had to wonder what it meant. A problem for later, he thought. "We ready?"

Old May 1st, 2021, 11:12 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3423
gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha
Oem
left-aligned image
Oem’s stood silent in the ballroom, trying to imagine its former glory before whatever tragic events struck this place. It must’ve been a room of much festivities before gaggle of monsters called this place home. The scout’s trance was soon interrupted as he heard the others exiting. He knew the dangers of being cut off by one's support. He took in the ruins one last time before retreating with his friends.

He trekked behind the guardsman and newly crowned halfling king. His eyes scanning the battlements as they jested with one another. These ruins were begging to be explored, maybe once they had that tien man in custody these grounds would be safer.

As he returned to the others Koharu caught his gaze in her new attire. He awkwardly looked away out into the sky, trying to hide the prior wondering of his eyes and hoping she did not notice. He stood listening to the others, his eyes still undecided on where to rest until the mage closed the conversation.

"Stairs sound good," the scout said, turning about quickly, letting the prompt be the escape from the awkwardness he made for himself in his head and retreating the direction he just came.

Old May 2nd, 2021, 10:20 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Ghovinda
left-aligned image

Ghovinda gives Zawa brief preening before rejoining the others at the stairs. It had taken a little while for the group to get re-organized and ready to continue their exploration. Besides, Zawa had done good work in the last fight and deserved some attention: the proud bird had been glaring at Ghovinda expectantly ever since Inno had finished healing all of them.

If only humanoid women were as clear and communicative about their needs as Zawa, perhaps Ghovinda would understand them.

OOC