twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Mar 16th, 2006, 05:47 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 109
steelwyrm steelwyrm
I've never had the chance to use a wish spell, but if i did I've always said my character would first hire a lawyer to write the wish out.

I WISH I WOULD HAVE THE POWER TO GRANT AND UNGRANT SUPER POWERS, WHILE REATAINING EVERY OTHER ABILITY, FEATURE, STAT, AND STATE OF HEALTH I NOW POSSESS, OH AND GENIE AFTER THIS I'LL GRANT YOU THE POWER TO FREE YOUR SELF. :biggrin:
Old Mar 16th, 2006, 07:14 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
JJeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelwyrm
I WISH I WOULD HAVE THE POWER TO GRANT AND UNGRANT SUPER POWERS, WHILE REATAINING EVERY OTHER ABILITY, FEATURE, STAT, AND STATE OF HEALTH I NOW POSSESS, OH AND GENIE AFTER THIS I'LL GRANT YOU THE POWER TO FREE YOUR SELF. :biggrin:
Genie: Your wish is granted, you are now a Dungeon Master...
*bows*
Genie: I wish I am free.
Genie 2: Ok, I'll buy you for free... you now belong to me....
Genie: Darn.....
Old Mar 16th, 2006, 08:52 PM
Diety Of Death

Tools
User Statistics
GeneralOfDarkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralOfDarkness
thusly the only way i can be slain is in honorable combat.
Sorry try again, i can suffer from a disease but it wont kill me.
-Dylan Thomas
Old Mar 16th, 2006, 09:27 PM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12
maxxrox
Quote:
I wish that my life expectancy was greater than the norm for my race; thusly the only way i can be slain is in honorable combat.
Okay, lets say you were human, at life expectancy 86. I think that is the average. In that case, you live to be 86!!! You can only be slain in honorable combat, but you said nothing about dieing of natural causes. At midnight on your 86th birthday, you die.
Old Mar 16th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
quadanar
Quote:
alright, try tainting this one: I wish that my life expectancy was greater than the norm for my race; thusly the only way i can be slain is in honorable combat.
Again, the "was" point - giving the possibility that the DM changes it afterward - "becomes and is forever afterward" is a better phrase. The "thusly" leaves a barn door open for things to go awry as well.

And lastly, a 2,000HD Titan (a very "honorable" creature) walks up and challenges you to combat, killing you in the first half of the first round. (You forgot to mention "fair" or a whole slew of descriptors).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyLewis
I wish that i cannot die, or be killed in any way, i cannot be teleported and cannot be poisioned, i succeed on every save there will be and all of this will happen without any other effects on me or any other living and unliving being, those wished only happen on who i want it to be on.
Situation 1: In order for the wish to take affect you must make a save vs. death - and fail (you only stated future saves before the wish takes effect).

Sit. 2: The wish is granted, and as such time instantly ceases to move for "you or any other living and unliving being" since "any other effects" will not happen to you (didn't mention what kinds of effects or how long - a very general word "effects"). Coincidentally the only way back into the time stream is by teleportation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anamiac
How many of these wishes can you corrupt?

I wish that this wish gives me 35 more hp without having any other affects on anything.

I wish my character was immune to all harmful effects.

I wish that my character has an easy way to make wishes without having to worry about ill effects.

I wish to die, forever.
1) you gain 35 HP and never gain another level, bonus, or stat and time ceases to exist for you - again the "any other affects" deal.

2) Since healing spells can be considered "harmful effects" to undead you are never healed again and inevitably die. (didn't mention whom the effect were harmful to)

3) You are taken to the the realm of a demonic lord that will grant you wishes whenever you please - within the scope of his realm (a glass bubble), where you will never have to worry about ill effects, can never leave, and exist for eternity doing nothing.

4) The torturous scene comes to mind.

EDIT: Now my "incorruptable" wish:

I wish to gain enough experience points to reach level 30 with all decisions on how, where, when, and why this experience is gained and all decisions on how, where, when, and why it effects me and/or the universe be under my jurisdiction and descretion.

Last edited by quadanar; Mar 16th, 2006 at 09:45 PM.
Old Mar 17th, 2006, 12:10 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
zapperchamp
Quote:
Okay, due to the stress of such power being given unto one mortal the universe where you stand explodes and you are subsequently left in a floating pool of black darkness to spend all eternity by yourself; stuck to roam freely forever in an empty dark realm.

alright, try tainting this one: I wish that my life expectancy was greater than the norm for my race; thusly the only way i can be slain is in honorable combat.
That's pretty good. Made me laugh. Anyway, you are transformed into a small ant who is bound to serve the queen and live one second longer than the normal life expectancy for an ant but die in a honorable battle against the invading termites.

EDIT: Darn, didn't notice that there was a third page. Oh well, I'll leave this anyway.

EDIT 2:
Quote:
I wish to gain enough experience points to reach level 30 with all decisions on how, where, when, and why this experience is gained and all decisions on how, where, when, and why it effects me and/or the universe be under my jurisdiction and descretion.
Ok. You gain experience points. As a bonus gift from the genie, you gain new feat: Death. (see previous pages)

Last edited by zapperchamp; Mar 17th, 2006 at 12:18 AM.
Old Mar 17th, 2006, 11:56 AM
Balderk Bootaxe

Tools
User Statistics
DannyLewis
O.k. corrupt this wish, i wish that i will never come and play DnD more than once with anyone who corrupts wishes *Runs*
Old Mar 17th, 2006, 12:17 PM
Quintessential Halfling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3282
KithKunabi KithKunabi KithKunabi KithKunabi KithKunabi KithKunabi KithKunabi KithKunabi KithKunabi KithKunabi KithKunabi
and thus DannyLewis was found dead three days later, with the words "And you never will" carved into his back with a knife.
Old Mar 17th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5943
anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac
Quote:
4) The torturous scene comes to mind.
This doesn't make sense, as I didn't wish to want to die forever, I wished to actually die forever. Dying is something that cannot take more than a split second, so therefore it is impossible to be forever dying...

Anyway, I don't think the eternal torture scene works for this.
How about:
1. I wish to immediately cease to exist, and never resume existance.
2. I wish something bad happens to me now.
3. I wish my character could undo any action of the DM.
4. I wish that no event would ever occur that would give me cause to feel unhappy.
5. I wish you to currupt this wish.
Old Mar 17th, 2006, 06:12 PM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12
maxxrox
Quote:
Now see, these are wishes I will gladly grant.

Quote:
4. I wish that no event would ever occur that would give me cause to feel unhappy.
1. You become the DM.
2. You're dead. Dead people have no feelings.
3. You die. That was too easy.
Old Mar 17th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Rhauligan
You mispelled "existence". You stop existing for a split second and reappear, never to resume existance.

Depends on your definition of good and bad. The genie could think something is bad...while you think it's something is good.

DM: The level 27 Demilich appears behind you and casts "Greater Ruin" a split second before you finish casting your wish. (Bottom line, never mess with the DM)

"Unhappy?" Sure! Instead, we could have an event that goes way beyond unhappy. Agonizing, painful, horrific, etc.

Already mentioned in above. However, my take on it is..."I can't 'currupt' anything anyways, so nothing happens"

Sadistic DMs pay as much attention to spelling as they do grammer when you try to make a wish.

Last edited by Rhauligan; Mar 17th, 2006 at 06:18 PM.
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 01:43 AM
Diety Of Death

Tools
User Statistics
GeneralOfDarkness
Hmm how about this one...

I wish that all the evil in the world is vanquished; errivocably in this universe and any others for all time, and that i am to remain unscathed from any and all possible side effects from this wish and and side effects from those side effects, as well as any other misfortune that could occur.
-Dylan Thomas
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 09:52 AM
Member of Team Anti-Team

Tools
User Statistics
TheMadDJ
All evil is vanquished, but without evil, the world's resourses dries up. People suffer from lack of food...and enjoy it

still no-one trying to turn my "I Wish To Be Normal" wish. Come on lads, it's not that hard!?
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Diety Of Death

Tools
User Statistics
GeneralOfDarkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadDJ
still no-one trying to turn my "I Wish To Be Normal" wish. Come on lads, it's not that hard!?
Alright, all your ability scores are reduced to 10, except for 1 score that is a 12 (your choice), your level is reduced to 1 of whatever class you were in, and your life expectancy is exactly average for whatever race you were. Your gear becomes mundane and common (if it wasn't before) you live in a small hut with a wife (of average everything), 2 kids (normal but nothing special), and a white picket fence in a little hamlet, you get a job that pays average so that you and your family have enough to live off of.
-Dylan Thomas
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 11:37 AM
Balderk Bootaxe

Tools
User Statistics
DannyLewis
than that means he gets exactly what he wants, thats not a corrupted wish!