twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Mar 26th, 2006, 11:11 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
JJeff
Ok... It's just tiring to think up of all the possible stuff. And getting rules-lawyered for it...

So, My definition of a possibly uncorruptable wish is a wish for nothing much.

Example:

"I wish."

Yup, that's all... Since there's no objective to the wish, there's nothing to be perverted... at least I hope I'm right.
Old Mar 26th, 2006, 12:36 PM
Balderk Bootaxe

Tools
User Statistics
DannyLewis
I wish i had another wish that is the same as the wish i am casting

oh yeh i still have no carvings in my back so that wish is not corrupted
Old Mar 26th, 2006, 01:37 PM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12
maxxrox
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeff
I wish
I corrupt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyLewis
I wish I had another wish that is the same as the wish I am casting
You get another wish. That wish says that you get another wish, and so on...Basically, you are stuck in an infinite loop.
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 09:52 AM
Balderk Bootaxe

Tools
User Statistics
DannyLewis
Quote:
You get another wish. That wish says that you get another wish, and so on...Basically, you are stuck in an infinite loop.
Exactly... so that wish is not corrupted, i got exactly what i wished for
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 05:35 PM

Tools
User Statistics
maxxrox
I mentioned what we don't want from corrupters, and now I will say what I don't want from corruptees:
-Absolutely brainless wishes that my six-year-old sister who doesn't play Dnd could corrupt
-Saying "But that's what I wanted!"

Just thought that was in order.
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 01:48 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5943
anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac
In order for you to better know if you've corrupted the wishes or no, I've posted the reasons for the characters to wish them.

1. I wish the DM would immediately start the game over, with the exact same plot as before, except that battles are rolled anew and my character is a gestalt character of my making using normal gestalt character rules. (This wish was given in the first session of gameplay, just after the party had barely lost one of their characters. Everyone is a level 1, non-gestalt character. The fellow believes, that as a gestalt character is more powerful than a regular, then this battle would be won without his friend dying.)

2. I wish my character was the most powerful being in the cosmos, more powerful than the combined effort of the rest of the cosmos and its beings.

3. I wish I were a genie, and that nobody will ever find my lamp. (The life ambition of the character, a monk, is to be able to meditate forever)

4. I wish the DM gave his dice to Amy. (Amy is the name of your girlfriend who is playing a Halfling rogue named tina and doesn't have any dice. You're both quitting the game anyway, but maybe you can get the DM to give you his dice before you leave)
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 11:54 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
JJeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamiac
1. I wish the DM would immediately start the game over, with the exact same plot as before, except that battles are rolled anew and my character is a gestalt character of my making using normal gestalt character rules. (This wish was given in the first session of gameplay, just after the party had barely lost one of their characters. Everyone is a level 1, non-gestalt character. The fellow believes, that as a gestalt character is more powerful than a regular, then this battle would be won without his friend dying.)
The game gets started over with new rules as to character creation: You may now make Gesalt Characters but you are to make them using 1 point Point-buy scheme. The plot is the same, and the rolls in the battle are rolled anew, but the battle result stays the same.

Quote:
2. I wish my character was the most powerful being in the cosmos, more powerful than the combined effort of the rest of the cosmos and its beings.
You are brought to a cosmos that contains nothing except you, thus making you the most powerful being in the cosmos, more powerful than the combined effort of the rest of the cosmos and its beings.

Quote:
3. I wish I were a genie, and that nobody will ever find my lamp. (The life ambition of the character, a monk, is to be able to meditate forever)
You become a genie without a lamp as you cannot find it. You are thus bound to wander the lands fulfiling wishes to anyone who asks until you find your lamp 9which is never)

Quote:
4. I wish the DM gave his dice to Amy. (Amy is the name of your girlfriend who is playing a Halfling rogue named tina and doesn't have any dice. You're both quitting the game anyway, but maybe you can get the DM to give you his dice before you leave)
The DM creates a character called Amy and hands her a bag of dice which she then uses to pummel your character with the dice in the dice bag for trying to benefit your girlfriend
at the DM's expense.
OPTIONAL: DM then shows the Real Life Amy what you were trying to do and convince her that what you are doing is a rather devious act.... and that wishes should be an in-game thing, not a off-game thing... so there...
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Warhammer 40.000 fanatic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2909
Emurian Emurian Emurian Emurian Emurian Emurian Emurian Emurian Emurian Emurian Emurian
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeff
You are brought to a cosmos that contains nothing except you, thus making you the most powerful being in the cosmos, more powerful than the combined effort of the rest of the cosmos and its beings.
Thus his wish is granted.
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 06:04 PM

Tools
User Statistics
maxxrox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emurian
That would be the point. Every time, the wish is granted, just not in the way the wisher expected.
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
JJeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emurian
The wish has to be granted in the end, you can't leave a wish hanging in oblivion. And the granting is still limited to the fact I have to follow the wording of the wish, meaning I have to still keep the main intention of the wish to a certain extent.

He wanted to be powerful, the most powerful being in the cosmos. I had to abide by that, just that I didn't have to make him more powerful, I could make him the only one around.

Ok, how about if I added something to my answer:
You are brought to a cosmos that contains nothing except you, thus making you the most powerful being in the cosmos, more powerful than the combined effort of the rest of the cosmos and its beings. Since there is nothing else in the cosmos except you, there is also no air, thus you die, but still you are the most powerful being in that cosmos.

Satisfied?
Old Mar 29th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Balderk Bootaxe

Tools
User Statistics
DannyLewis
Quote:
I mentioned what we don't want from corrupters, and now I will say what I don't want from corruptees:
-Absolutely brainless wishes that my six-year-old sister who doesn't play Dnd could corrupt
-Saying "But that's what I wanted!"

Just thought that was in order.
That was what i wanted... i got exactly what I wanted because the exact same thing i described in the wish was granted.

Last edited by DannyLewis; Mar 29th, 2006 at 10:08 AM.
Old Mar 29th, 2006, 11:27 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
JJeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyLewis
I wish i had another wish that is the same as the wish i am casting
Fine... I'll do it then.

Nothing happens. You wished for a wish that is the same as the wish you are casting, at the point the wish is granted, the wish has ALREADY BEEN cast and you are not CASTING any wish, thus nothing happens.
Old Mar 29th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Balderk Bootaxe

Tools
User Statistics
DannyLewis
Then the wish is not corrupted, it just stopped happening.
Old Mar 30th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
JJeff
What's your definition of corrupted? Then I'll try to corrupt it for you based on your corruption criteria...
Old Mar 30th, 2006, 06:36 PM

Tools
User Statistics
maxxrox
DannyLewis, stop being an a**hole. Sorry for my use of inappropriate language, but you're not funny, and you are really making a negative contrabution to this thread in my opinion.