Game Thread With the Mob (Zah & Alrath) - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Magnimar Correctional Facility
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jun 16th, 2013, 09:54 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 79
Chukie1188
Baeric frowns as Jack starts answering their questions, here he is babbling about the prison guards when it was clear Alrath had been inquiring about their target's personal body guards. He was reasonably certain that even if he found a sword straight out of legend he would stand little to no chance against the guards of this damnable place, not with this blasted collar attached anyway, never mind his skills.

His frown only deepens as their new employer answers the final two questions.

"I would be exaggerating if I said I possessed any great knowledge of the arcane but I have seen a spell or two cast in my time and I can't think of any transformation spell that would survive these accursed collars anti magic field. I don't know what they meant by "true form" but it would seem to me that they are very much in their true forms if any magic has been dispelled from around them."

He pauses a moment trying to think of a tactful way to address his final issue.

"Also I don't mean to seem rude or ungrateful for this opportunity for employment, this is after all a most equitable arrangement for both parties, one I am intimately familiar with and rather used to heh no pun intendedexecuting but it does seem rather unreasonable for you to ask me and my new compatriot here to kill a man without even providing us the slightest hint as to where we can find some appropriate and much needed to tools to accomplish our task and availability aside if the exchange rates on our credits to outside currencies are roughly as I've been told I don't even know that we could afford a crudely made dagger even if I were to spend every last credit and trade away every medicine ball I have in my possession."

he spreads his empty hands wide
"What would you have a destitute old bounty hunter do?"
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 12:11 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 104
Glorfinmad Glorfinmad
"Now, now, now," Alrath begins once Baeric has finished his spiel, "I'm sure we can find some way of turning your impressive lung capacity into a form of credits. In the mean time I'm still much more concerned that my initial presupposition about having easy access to sewers was apparently wrong.

I'll be blunt since pussyfooting about will get us nowhere quickly,"
his face becomes dour and grim as he looks again to Jack, "I need vermin. Mice, rats, bees, by the nine hells of Baator it could be roaches for all I care. If the sewers are out of the question then where do the tired, the poor, the huddled masses congregate before their weakness allows death to end them?"
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 02:47 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 342
Ohenoki Ohenoki Ohenoki Ohenoki
"My apologies, I misheard you before. You wish to know about his two brothers? Well, from my understanding, one of them looks after the market place. You remember those two who walked past us? They probably report directly to him. Since it would be costly to bring them up to floor three all the time, it would be easier for him to come down. And the other? I haven't seen much of him before, but I believe he may be keeping an eye on the other side of the island, where the temples and most of the construction work currently is. Not sure what he is doing over there, I doubt asking the temples for protection money would gain much profit..."

He smiles and lets you think about this. The realisation hits you, that the normal way for priests to turn a profit is by curing people, but with these collars on, there would be no way for the power of the gods to work through their mortal conduits.

"And the weapons? I leave that for you to figure out. You want to join and reap the benefits, then you need to show your resourcefulness. Relying on my help for everything just makes me think you want the guy handed to you on a silver platter. The vermin I may be able to give a suggestion about though. You wont find anything within the buildings themselves, they are, on the whole, a pretty clean place. Which is amazing. Mice and rats and cockroaches? Think again. But, out in the park lands, there you will find bees and moths and all sorts of creepy crawlies. The tired and the poor? They die well before there is a chance for a proper sickness to set in. You don't buy or eat the medicine, and you start to waste away. The guards are quick to clean up anyone who dies this way."
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 12:03 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 104
Glorfinmad Glorfinmad
"Heh, bees? Excellent," Alrath says as he stands, "I believe that answers all of my questions. What about you?" he motions to Baeric. Alrath cracks his fingers, rifles through his pockets briefly before chuckling and giving a short bow. "Unless you have specific instructions for leaving I will be heading out. I wish to walk the grounds for a few hours and get acquainted with the sights."
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 12:47 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 79
Chukie1188
"I do believe we've concluded our business here." Baeric again doffs a hat that doesn't exist the motion clearly so ingrained the lack of a hat does nothing to hinder it.

[say]We shall try to take care of this most expeditiously. I detest dragging a job out when it's not called for.[say] He picks a near invisible spec of dust off his shoulder.

"I bid you adieu my dear fellow and I hope to speak with you again." he says to Jack