Game Thread Chapter 0: Thrice gone - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > The Raven's Nest: Among Thieves
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old May 5th, 2013, 07:43 AM
⛧Thaumaturge ⛧

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2115
Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz
Chapter 0: Thrice gone

Thrice Gone

After an incredible effort to get by the 20 foot wall, the three thieves finally reach the back entrance of the mansion.
Luckily, there's not hounds or guards outside to stop them, the cold breeze blows past them as the settle down next to the wooden door, the door's lock seems to have been enhanced, it looks much bulkier than normal locks.

This is it, their biggest heist, they're going to rob this man blind and move out of the city, maybe find some good living in Sumdiveas or Summerfell.

OOCAlright guys, this is the Prologue chapter, to see how you guys roleplay with me and with eachother as a group, you can post your actions now as you like.
Note: nothing you actually obtain during this adventure will carry over onto the actual game, however, if you gain XP or level up, you get to keep the XP/Level, so that's a good thing, I guess.

Last edited by Hanz; May 5th, 2013 at 07:47 AM.
Old May 5th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8840
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
The small halfling garbed in dark green glances at the other two survivors, his eyes hungry and fierce, He sees the others more as competition rather than allies. Always eager to be the first and show off, he hurries over to the lock and looks it over quickly.

"Piece of cake," he says in a cocky voice as he takes out his picks and goes to work.

Last edited by Togot; May 5th, 2013 at 10:29 AM.
Old May 5th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2685
TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic
Miles
Dice Perception:
1d20+4 (7)+4 Total = 11
keeps watch, waiting for the halfling to do his job.

Last edited by TheMystic; May 5th, 2013 at 11:15 AM.
Old May 5th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
OOCDirk doesn't introduce himself as "the jerk", it's just a nickname that has stuck with him. I'm not even sure if we know each other's names yet
Old May 5th, 2013, 11:47 AM
⛧Thaumaturge ⛧

Tools
User Statistics
As Dirk's picks crackle and mash down the lock, it clicks satisfyingly as it unlocks, the door is now ready to be opened.

Miles stares down the distance, trying to spot any incoming guardsmen or any passerbyers who would happen to spot them, however, he sees nothing of use.

OOCAlright, the door's open, you get inside the house, but I suggest we wait for Jason to make His move.
Also, you three know each other fairly well, you've been quote unquote 'friends' for about a month now and you've taken to eachothers' likings (Not sure about the grumpy Drow).
Old May 5th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
Dirk grins with satisfaction as he defeats the lock. He opens the door and turns, taking a moment to gloat before giving an exaggerated bow to bid the others to enter, hoping that, if there are any traps to trip, the others will step on them first.
Old May 5th, 2013, 12:03 PM
⛧Thaumaturge ⛧

Tools
User Statistics
OOCHe really is a jerk if he'll just use others to detect traps instead of rolling perception :P
Old May 5th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
OOCHey, dirk did his job, now it's time for them to do theirs as land mine detectors, lol. i did say he sees the others as competition, and what better way to eliminate the competition than using them to make your job easier?

Last edited by Togot; May 5th, 2013 at 12:24 PM.
Old May 5th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2674
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
Vergil draws both of his blades as he keeps as close to the shadows as possible and he says quietly "Have a look inside. Dirk, You guys go in first and if you can knock down any candles or torches. I'll go further in a take down any of the guards that will get in our way. Shall we gentlemen?" He stands with a slight bend in his back as he readies himself to run in if he needed to.

Action:Draw Dagger and Kerambit.

Last edited by Jasontheswift; May 5th, 2013 at 05:28 PM.
Old May 5th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
Dirk scowls at Vergil, resenting being ordered around. He grumbles to himself as he pushes the door open more and peeks inside, daggers ready in case there is anyone close by.

Old May 5th, 2013, 10:31 PM
⛧Thaumaturge ⛧

Tools
User Statistics
As Dirk places his hand on the door to open it, he sees a large box shaped object attached to the top right corner of the door.
It looks as if some sort of alarm! How could he miss it? possibly because he's really short?

it looks like a very simple alarm, which could easily be disabled by force; However, Vergil begins hearing things far away, his large ears come in handy as he hears slight sounds of talking from far away, coming from the other side of the mansion.
Old May 5th, 2013, 10:39 PM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2674
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
Vergil tries to hear what is being said and he says to Dirk "How is it looking?" As he waited he tried to listen out or
Dice Perception:
1d20+5 (1)+5 Total = 6
find the location of the voices.

Last edited by Jasontheswift; May 6th, 2013 at 10:01 PM.
Old May 5th, 2013, 11:01 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2685
TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic
Miles has his Take 10: Perception 14ear open as well, Take 10: Stealth 17keeping low, keeping hidden and draws the sap from his belt in case it's needed.

Last edited by TheMystic; May 5th, 2013 at 11:04 PM.
Old May 6th, 2013, 01:06 AM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
Dirk grits his teeth as he sees eyes the trap above him. He hates how all the stunted giants put things so high up. He jumps up, driving his daggers into the wood like climbing spikes to pull himself up to the alarm's level before disabling it with excessive force, venting his frustrations.

Old May 6th, 2013, 07:02 AM
⛧Thaumaturge ⛧

Tools
User Statistics
Dirk manages to gracefully climb up the door, then sloppily yet effectively disables the device, It fall on the floor like some used up toy, and it seems like the path is clear to proceed.

The voices get louder, as if approaching, Victor can hear feint words like "Incarcerated" or "Judge".
Miles makes sure he stays low, effectively nobody spots him, and he hears nothing.