Game Thread Chapter 0: Thrice gone - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > The Raven's Nest: Among Thieves
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old May 6th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8840
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Dirk drops back down, muttering about how he has to do everything. He gently opens the door and
Dice perception check:
1d20+2 (10)+2 Total = 12
peeks inside.

Last edited by Togot; May 6th, 2013 at 12:30 PM.
Old May 6th, 2013, 10:04 PM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2674
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
Vergil shakes his head as he can't hear enough to get any useful information. He nods his head to the other two as he prepares to walk in and kill any in his way he looks within to see if there is any useful passage by the shadows for him as he whispers to the others "If you two want to go first and I'll make sure the shadows follow you and I'll guide you out in the shadows we should be able to get this done rather easily. What do you think, Jr.....Dirk Miles?"
Old May 6th, 2013, 10:22 PM
⛧Thaumaturge ⛧

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2115
Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz
As Dirk peeks in through the slightly open the door, he spots his first hostiles, it seems like guards, but less armored, perhaps mercs.

They're sitting on a wooden crooked table, and playing cards, it looks like they're playing for money.
Old May 6th, 2013, 10:29 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
Dirk turns to Vergil and puts a finger up to his lips. He points into the room and holds up two fingers before holding up his daggers and smiling viciously. He then
Dice Roll:
1d20+8 (19)+8 Total = 27
sneaks onto the room, attempting to creep up on the guard whose back is to him
Old May 6th, 2013, 11:10 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2685
TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic
Miles puts a hand on Dirk's shoulder before he can make his way into the room. "Are you trying to add a murder charge? I personally want LESS than half the city guard out looking for us when this job is done. Here." Miles offers his sap.
Old May 7th, 2013, 04:03 AM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
Dirk grits his teeth with clear frustration. "So it's ok for him to take the guards out," he gestures towards Vergil, "but not me? And what in the nine hells am I going to do with that anyway? Break his shin? Or do you want me to climb the back of his chair so I can get at his skull? Besides, you only get charged if you get caught."
Old May 7th, 2013, 04:28 AM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
Vergil not wanting to make bad on anyone's mind says "I said I'd take them down, the blades are purely a just in case. However a blade doesn't mean I'll use it to kill, if one of them raises a whistle I can replace it with a knife in the hand long enough for me to knock him out. If it comes worse to worse our hand may be forced, unfortunately at that point our hands will be forced. "
Old May 7th, 2013, 04:31 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic
"What I want is to take the non-lethal alternative when it presents itself. You're not that short, stop playing it up."

OOCTheoretically you could hit them on the head even when they are standing, they are sitting, it should be no problem.

You can do non-lethal sneak attack damage with a sap too
Old May 7th, 2013, 04:36 AM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
"I'm three feet tall!" Dirk says, in a harsh whisper. "You want the nonlethal alternative, fine, you two go do it. Why do I have to do everything anyway?"

OOCYeah, according to game mechanics, but when you think about it, that doesn't really make sense

Last edited by Togot; May 7th, 2013 at 04:36 AM.
Old May 7th, 2013, 04:41 AM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
Vergil gets angry along with them and sheaths his blades before hitting both of them hard on the arm saying "Guys....Dammit. Who cares why or how, we might as well not kill our way through, we are stealing from this guy not killing him. If we are forced well we can't do much. The best concealed corpse is one that is walking around as if a shadow has walked passed them. Now come on lets get this done before they hear us."
Old May 7th, 2013, 04:46 AM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
Dirk glares at the dark elf a moment before looking away and muttering, "Spoilsport." He then snatches the sap, though he's never used one before, and heads into the room.

Last edited by Togot; May 7th, 2013 at 04:47 AM.
Old May 7th, 2013, 04:53 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
"Agreed" says Miles, but to Dirk adds, "But watch your blows, I won't be party to murder in cold blood"
Old May 7th, 2013, 04:58 AM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
"Take the fun out of everything why don't you," Dirk says, shaking his head. "You have far too much of a conscience for this line of work."
Old May 7th, 2013, 08:04 AM
⛧Thaumaturge ⛧

Tools
User Statistics
"Ahha! Take that 'ye drunkin' basterd! that's it, I've cleaned you out good, hahaa!" shouts one of the mercs, as the other merc topples his chair to the side, the frustrated merc throws a small pouch of what sounds like golden coins on the table, before saying Bugger off, ye bastard, I hope you choke on whatever you buy with that crap.

"What a poor sport" Replies the victorious Merc, pocketing his newly found prize.
Old May 9th, 2013, 12:38 PM
⛧Thaumaturge ⛧

Tools
User Statistics
Soonafter, the loser turned around and left for the hallway door, while the other stayed there counting his money.