Notices

Closed Thread

Old Jun 9th, 2014, 04:08 PM
Follower of Another Way

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 249
Andramal Andramal Andramal
(and now I'm back from work, and I get to play catchup this time)

Munshin/Moony has to shrug when Thomas originally asks where Tokyo is. "I didn't study maps when I was reading. Tokyo is Tokyo to me."

There is the side comment from Cassey about lots of talking which he didn't mind - i there's a lot of talking, then it's true, right? As far as Ming's ability to pick out where others are from...Well, if her study of outfits includes undergarment styles, then yes, he probably does fall into the same category of origin, but his talk about home probably works better (I pulled the Tokyo bit from the Redhurst books, so I would think that means it confirms. @_@)

The appearance of a clothesline does get the Fox-boys attention though, and he leans away when one of the cubes (silver one I imagine) falls around him and the other pair. "Hey, careful with those!" Course, it's hard enough dodging falling objects on top of a pajama'd pony, so Munshin has a somewhat unceremonious fall from it.

He's okay! His dignity is just bruised, and maybe a knee. Just a little dust off and he'll be fine. "I'll be right back." he says to 1st Version Thomas ( we have two Thomas characters, oh dear). A quick trot to the newly formed clothesline and garments, and Munshin gets the chance to put on something a little less revealing.

For sake of not getting easily distracted, he picks out a nice pair of pants and some form of shirt, though apart from perhaps tying some belt to go with, doesn't go fancier than that. Footwear is moot in a dream, and at least now he's decent. He returns to his bit of group and the magic number cube, grinning. "Now we just need to wonder what's inside it while driving it nuts with
Dice Roll:
1d20+5 (6)+5 Total = 11
guessing."

Munshin's first guess: "Eighty-one?"

Last edited by Andramal; Jun 9th, 2014 at 04:24 PM.
Old Jun 9th, 2014, 04:25 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4008
ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky
Heimsel's further inspection reveals that indeed one of the circles could spin and so he tried to turn it. First he tried clockwise one rotation, then counter-clockwise for one rotation paying attention to how freely it moved either way. Once he was satisfied with his attempts, he proceeded to turn the circle clockwise six turns and waited to see what would happen.

Last edited by ManicMonky; Jun 9th, 2014 at 04:27 PM.
Old Jun 9th, 2014, 04:41 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11453
aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor
left-aligned image

Rogan ignores the clothes line. I’m warm, what need is there for clothes. In a dream even?
He starts by perception
Dice Roll:
1d20+6 (16)+6 Total = 22
looking at the cubes intently. “They look a little like dice...” he murmurs. The lad is more than familiar with many forms of gambling that are used to pass the long frozen months of the far north.

Taking the first cube he looks at it for a moment and says “Thirteen” He grins at Cassey as she creates the pool.

Then with a bigger grin he jumps into the bath that Cassey created.

"Hey, you are really good here." He tries hard to chr
Dice Roll:
1d20+2 (9)+2 Total = 11
create a little cloud to hover over Cassey's end of the pool.

"The first side has one and the second one, put them together and you get two, the third side, add the second and third side together and you get three , the fourth side. Two and three make five, the fifth side. Lastly we have five and eight the sixth side. The next number would be thirteen." - he shows off his reasoning, as much for the ever listening professor as for Cassey.

Last edited by aerondor; Jun 9th, 2014 at 04:59 PM.
Old Jun 9th, 2014, 04:55 PM
The hidden treasure

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20493
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
left-aligned image
Casey smiled. Oh, he's not only cute but smart too. she giggled as she kicks her feet and splashes Rogan with water and a handful of mud magically rises out of the water and drops on his head. She folds her arms over her brests as she lays back laughing with her feet still dangling in the water while
Dice cha:
d20+2sch15 (10)+2 Total = 12
willing the area near him to enlarge, making him to fall into a shallow area.

Last edited by kaylara; Jun 9th, 2014 at 05:05 PM.
Old Jun 9th, 2014, 05:05 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor
left-aligned image
Rogan grins at Cassey.

"You forgot to mention quick and strong!" as he dashes to the other side of the pool and drags her into the water.

Slightly wary of the dreamworld and Cassey's control over it, he takes a degree of care with her. "What about that second cube though? Something about spinning circles?"

He sits back companionably next to her, cautious in case he is about to get dunked in turn.

"You think Redhurst is like this? I was a bit worried about going, but this looks like fun."

He looks up, trying to turn a cloud
Dice Roll:
1d20+2 (2)+2 Total = 4
purple.

Last edited by aerondor; Jun 9th, 2014 at 05:06 PM.
Old Jun 9th, 2014, 05:11 PM
The hidden treasure

Tools
User Statistics
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
left-aligned image
Much to Rogan's suprise. Casey is very strong for a little girl and
Dice str:
d20+2 (17)+2 Total = 19
drags him with her into the water. She had always dreamed of something romantic and decided if this dream world will be forgotten, then whatsthe harm.

While under the water she smiled at him and gives him a gentle kiss on the lips before they break the surface for air. Not many humans in moms realm. They are fun. Now I see how their power gives the gods power.

Last edited by kaylara; Jun 9th, 2014 at 05:13 PM.
Old Jun 9th, 2014, 05:48 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
left-aligned image
Rogan briefly
Dice Roll:
1d20+2 (2)+2 Total = 4
wrestles with Casey before the surprise of the attack overwhelms him.

To say he was surprised by the gentle kiss is an understatement. It's not like he'd not kissed someone before, but Casey was different.

Maybe it's because this is a dream.

He doesn't hold back from kissing at all, and around the youngsters the air starts to
Dice Roll:
1d20+2 (13)+2 Total = 15
blur. Well, at least I got that going at last.

"You sure we'll not remember any of this? That seems a shame."

What was it the other boys said girls like? Gahhh how can I forget important stuff like that at a time like this?

Last edited by aerondor; Jun 9th, 2014 at 05:49 PM.
Old Jun 9th, 2014, 06:56 PM
Now a Wizard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13197
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Thomas did his best to 13 If its not enough to catch it tell me and I will retrofit.catch the cube out of the air and manages to avoid getting hit on the head, stopping the box right before it reached him. "Well that was unnecessarily rude, and you made Moony fall from his pony. Apologize and at least try to act somewhat like an adult." The chastisement was somewhat odd given that Thomas himself looked little older than a nine year old given his height and still childish face.

After catching the cube Thomas began to 20+perception skill (minimum of +4 possible +5), not sure because I have to ask if we are level 1 or 2 given that you said this wasn't gestalt but we have two separate classes.examine it, thouroughly engaged in its intricate design. Now this is a test that I can get behind. "Everyone please quit splitting apart, all three could be needed to activate and they could also be helpful to figuring out one another's cubes."

Thomas attempts to 13bewitch the box but doesn't manage to change it. After that he does his best to spellcraft 11 or 12 once again mattering on level, so close to fumbling.discover the function's of the box from a more physical approach. Hmmm... now this is interesting... "Does anyone else have lines, thick or thin, on the circles of their box are are all of them different?"

Last edited by MundayKnight; Jun 9th, 2014 at 07:19 PM.
Old Jun 9th, 2014, 08:59 PM
Force of Balance

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1794
statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88
Munshin's guess, 81, makes the cube turn red. But when Rogan says, "13," the cube turns gold and the circles in the sides begin to spin. However, before anyone can see whether it opens, or what happens, Casey tackles Rogan into the pool, and Rogan successfully summons up a mist around them. Casey's cube's fate will be determined by the
Dice 1-25, it falls on the ground next to Ming; 26-50, it falls into the pool; 51-75, it falls on the ground under the mist; 76-100, it is still held by Casey:
1d100 58
dice... It falls on the ground, but before anyone can grab it, it is hidden by Rogan's An Obscuring Mist conjured by Shadow Conjuration, technically. If you enter the mist, you can make a DC 15 Will save to disbelieve the Obscuring Mist, which would make it 80% easier to see through but 100% scarier to young children who have no experience with the Shadow Plane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paizo
A creature that succeeds on its save sees the shadow conjurations as transparent images superimposed on vague, shadowy forms.
dream-mist.

When Thomas Maribrook studies his cube, he finds that the last two sides of the cube have 16 and 32 sides, exactly.

Heimsel's cube does not react to his turning the circular dial. It turns counterclockwise and clockwise with equal ease.

OOC: Your characters will be level 2 at the beginning of the adventure.

Last edited by statesman88; Jun 9th, 2014 at 09:04 PM.
Old Jun 9th, 2014, 09:24 PM
The hidden treasure

Tools
User Statistics
left-aligned image
Cassey
Dice Will:
d20+4sch15 (20 (natural 20))+4   Total = 24
not fooled by the mist, hopes the others did not see what just happened. Not that it really mattered, but it did to her still. Perhaps some subconscious thing.

The kiss was like a little fire cracker, it ignited feelings within her that she never felt before. As their lips parted, she was looking down and
Dice perception:
d20+7 (9)+7 Total = 16
caught a glimpse of the golden cube.

With a wave of her hand she lifts it magically to her hand. Oh look, it's gold. We got it right. as she takes a
Dice perception:
d20+7 (20)+7 Total = 27
quick look at it before handing it to Rogan.

OMG 20's!! she is divine OOC

Last edited by kaylara; Jun 9th, 2014 at 09:29 PM.
Old Jun 9th, 2014, 09:37 PM
Now a Wizard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13197
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
After Thomas Maribrook had looked at his cube in detail but before he could process it he saw something in the water, "Both of you get out of the water, there is something in there!" As Thomas is busy with something else his mind clicks and he quickly says "Sixty-four" without really being conscious of it. His hand's kept moving nervously as he placed the cube on the ground and his mind tried to come up with something to do if the two were in danger. The most immediate course of action was what he decided upon and ran through the mist to dive into the water itself, using the water's natural clarity to find the others and begin pushing them out of the stream. While doing so he
Dice perception:
1d20+6 (15)+6 Total = 21
looked to where he saw the glint, trying to discern what it could be.

Last edited by MundayKnight; Jun 9th, 2014 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Realize I said nothing about the cube.
Old Jun 9th, 2014, 09:58 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3974
Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon
When Chassendra tried to scratch Ming's ears, the catfolk actually pushed away the human girl's hand by reflex. "I'm not an animal." She simply stated, without answering the rest of Chassendra's questions. Fortunately for the catfolk, the human girl was soon preoccupied with solving the cubes... before she ended up playing with the wild-boy and kissing him. Ming appeared to be disgusted by that, but luckily (again) the mist came and covered them from any further observations.

However at Maribrook's warning of seeing something in the water, Ming switched to an alerted fighting stance. Instead of fear, she was actually glad, since she was getting a bit fed up with all the puzzle-solving and the lack of activities. Her eyes darted from one side to another, as she tried to look for the thing Maribrook saw in the water.

Check
Dice Perception to see whatever Maribrook saw in the water?:
1d20+6 (1)+6 Total = 7
Though with the fog and all, it's probably a challenge.
Edit: ... nevermind, my dice roller is a challenge.

Last edited by Fon; Jun 9th, 2014 at 10:00 PM.
Old Jun 9th, 2014, 09:58 PM
Follower of Another Way

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 249
Andramal Andramal Andramal
Munshin has to blink at the sudden exclamations going up. This is certainly a most unusual dream to be in, controlled or otherwise. "And there he goes..." says the fox-boy to no on in particular as 1st Thomas goes running into mist and (by the sound of it) water. Didn't the Professor say this was all a dream though? Would they really be put in a dangerous dream?

Hopefully not, but if definitely not, that makes it much funnier!

The second cube, whether it would go red or also gold, probably ends up following Thomas into the mist. It will likely be most entertaining to see what happens next, or so Munshin's inquiring eyes and ears think as he peers after them all into the fog.

Rolls
Dice possibly foggy disbelief:
1d20+3 (19)+3 Total = 22

Dice More Perception, just in case:
1d20+5 (19)+5 Total = 24

Last edited by Andramal; Jun 9th, 2014 at 11:07 PM.
Old Jun 9th, 2014, 10:05 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
left-aligned image

Rogan can't help but smile at Casey gets distracted by the gold cube. "Wow, this day, or dream, or whatever, keeps getting better and better."

He climbs out of the pool and slips over to Casey his eyes drawn not so much to her as the golden cube in her hands. His fingers do however linger on hers as he accepts the cube from her.

"I wonder what we do next? Perhaps we should see if the other cubes have similar puzzles on them." His gaze however returns to the bath that Casey created.

He looks like he is about to dive into the water when Thomas calls out the warming. Rogan is no stranger to danger, and he quickly grabs Casey's hand and leads her away from the pool towards the sound of the boy who called out the warning.

"Hi?" he says, looking about for the the boy.

Last edited by aerondor; Jun 9th, 2014 at 10:08 PM.
Old Jun 9th, 2014, 10:08 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4008
ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky
"Hmm, maybe it's like a sundial.." Heimsel mused outloud, not to anyone in particular, as he turned the dial now to point where he would be. He ignores the splash and frolicking going on next to him and just moves a ten feet to be exactfew feet away from them.

Closed Thread