CallOfCthulhu Call of Cthulhu : Harvest - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Nov 22nd, 2023, 02:15 PM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7017
Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael
Call of Cthulhu : Harvest

Game NameCall of Cthulhu : Harvest
Game SystemCall of Cthulhu
ThemeSurvival 1930's
FlavourDark, mystery, horror, college life
Plot Summary
InformationSystem: Call of Cthulhu 7th ed.
# of players 3-5
Posting rate: Variable (Ideally at least 3. But if we move faster or slower that is fine)
Tentative Deadline: December 11th
New Players Are Welcome!

Miskatonic August Newsletter 1930

Ah, the warm winds of August are upon us, signaling the end of yet another exhilarating term here at Miskatonic University. Home to the spirited Miskies – Go Miskies!
As we reflect on the academic journey of this semester, we are thrilled to celebrate the rich history of Miskatonic's groundbreaking contributions to archaeology. Our University has been at the forefront of numerous successful expeditions, with the most recent taking our intrepid adventurers to the icy landscapes of the Arctic! The anticipation is palpable—what wonders will our brave crew uncover this time?
We wish them godspeed on this thrilling endeavor!

Miskatonic is renowned for its unwavering commitment to the Sciences, attracting aspiring brilliant minds from far and wide. Could you be the next great Archaeologist, Doctor, Chemist, or Biologist to emerge from our hallowed halls? Join the ranks of luminaries like Dr. Armitage, Professor Carlyle, and Professor Atwood, and leave an indelible mark on the world.

To our esteemed English and Music Majors, fear not, for you are the bee's knees! Our very own Ragamuffin band is set to serenade us at the upcoming grand dance. Mark your calendars, for this is no ordinary affair—it's a black-tie event, with the only exception being Arctic gear! In honor of our recent expedition, attendees are encouraged to showcase their snow gear as we dance the night away in Arctic-themed splendor. Secure your tickets now ; at a mere nickel per entry, they're a steal! Don't miss your chance to invite that special someone before tickets vanish into the chilly night.

Remember to check out our Miskie’s scrimmage football game against the Massachusetts Aggies next Saturday. Track and Field will be wrapping up with an event this Tuesday. Come show your school spirit.
For those of you in need of some extra credit, we're looking at you Jimmy, Professor Roger Harrold is looking for volunteers for a return school field trip to Cobb's Corner, Vermont during the summer week break. You can join in as part of the Geology team or the Folklore team. The best news is the Dean and the Professors have agreed this will count as extra credit for any course you need! How's that for a deal. They will be departing on August 15th 7 a.m. sharp! Contact Professor Harrold at his office in the Science Building.

As we bid adieu to another term, let us revel in the accomplishments of our Miskatonic family and eagerly anticipate the discoveries that await in the future. Until next term, stay curious and Go Miskies!

Warm regards,

[Andrew Phelan]
Miskatonik University Newsletter Editor

Last edited by Anael; Nov 22nd, 2023 at 05:10 PM.
Old Nov 23rd, 2023, 07:29 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 596
Remorazz Remorazz Remorazz Remorazz Remorazz Remorazz
Throwing my hat in the race:

Frank Gilbert WIP
right-aligned image
Name: Frank Gilbert
College Major: Physics (College of Science)
Rolls: HERE

Physical Description: Tall, blonde, with a warm smile.

A bit about your character Frank got in Miskatonic University thanks to his father, Robert Gilbert, who's an ex alumnus.

Why are you attending the extra credit trip? Dad being a chemistry teacher has many jokes about geologists, Frank took the trip to tease him saying he might switch his major in geology, but also to make up new jokes about geologists with his dad.

Last edited by Remorazz; Nov 25th, 2023 at 09:48 PM.
Old Nov 23rd, 2023, 11:13 AM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
Nice! You’ll be splendidly surprised I believe.
Remember you get personal points to spend. I always recommend some be spent on at least one of these if it’s not in your primary skill package: stealth , brawl, handgun, dodge, spot hidden,drive, psychology. Keep those in mind as you come up with your character ideas. You have an extracurricular option as well maybe they belong to the wrestling team for brawl or the hunting club or maybe you just like watching the other students you creeper for stealth
Old Nov 23rd, 2023, 11:25 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 596
Remorazz Remorazz Remorazz Remorazz Remorazz Remorazz
Since I was blessed with very good rolls I was definitely thinking of spending some points in some "fighty skills" as member of the wrestling team.

Last edited by Remorazz; Nov 23rd, 2023 at 11:25 AM.
Old Nov 23rd, 2023, 12:23 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4391
Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun
i may be joining this game as well! feeling a spitfire tomboy who will happily bitch slap frank here if hes a pervin'
Old Nov 23rd, 2023, 01:14 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4391
Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun
siobhan carrington

[Fieldset=Character Sheet]

Stats and Vital
NAME: College Major: Age:
Residence: Born:
Str: 60 (30/12) Dex: 70 (35/14) Int: 80(40/16)
Con: 45 (22/9) App: 35 (17/7) Pow 45(22/9)
Siz 55 (27/11) Edu: 70 (0/0) Luck: 50 (25/10)
HP: 10/10 Sanity: 45/45 Move Rate: 9
MP: 70/70 Dam Bonus: 0 Build: 0

Skills
Accounting: 05 Anthropology: 01 Appraise 5 Archaeology: 30
Art/Craft: 05 Charm: 15 Climb: 20
Credit Rating: 50 Cthulhu Mythos: 00 Disguise: 05 Dodge: 60
Drive Auto: 20 Elec Repair: 10 Fast Talk: 05 Fighting:Brawl 50
Jump: 40 Own Lang (English):[/B] 70 Lang (Spanish): 01 Law: 05
Library Use: 42 Listen: 40 Locksmith: 50 Mech Repair: 35
Medicine 01 Natural World 50 Navigate: 10 Occult: 05
Op. Hv. Machine01 Persuade: 10 Pilot: 01 Psychology: 25
Spot Hidden: 40 Stealth 20 Survival: 40 Swim20
Throw 60 Track 10 firearms (rifle/shotgun) 55

Weapon Regular Hard Extreme Damage Range Attacks Ammo Malf
Unarmed - - - - - 1 - -
Revolver - - - Dmg - 1(2) 0 100

Credit Rating:
Cash =
Assets =
Possessions:

Last edited by Hotshot lasgun; Nov 27th, 2023 at 05:45 PM.
Old Nov 27th, 2023, 11:20 AM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
I have a game thread. You can use the dice roller there if you want to roll now. I will be slowly building the other threads up.

https://www.rpgcrossing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20642
Old Nov 27th, 2023, 03:32 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 806
Nyx89 Nyx89 Nyx89 Nyx89 Nyx89 Nyx89 Nyx89
I've really wanted to play CoC! I'm a newbie at it though. I got some pretty decent rolls so I'm excited.

Edmund Kirby
right-aligned image

Name: Edmund "Ned" Kirby
College Major: Archaeology
Physical Description: Ned is 5'10, lanky, with tousled brown hair and hazel eyes. He wears horn-rimmed spectacles.

A bit about your character(Background, College life etc. ): Ned is a scholarship student, and he's a bit prickly about it. His parents are not well-off. He feels like a bit of an outsider on campus among students who take summer trips to Europe and wear designer suits. Ned mostly keeps to himself and has few friends, but he isn't unfriendly, just reserved. He genuinely wants to make connections but feels he is hampered by his origins.
Why are you attending the extra credit trip?: Ned is genuinely interested in the purpose of the trip, and he admires Professor Harrold. He will be on the team doing the geology portion of the work.

Last edited by Nyx89; Nov 29th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.
Old Nov 28th, 2023, 10:51 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 717
EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW
I'm going down the line with my stats, I'll figure out my character from the rolls.

As we are college students, can I confirm we fall under the age category 15-19, and so should "Deduct 5 points among STR and SIZ. Deduct 5 points from EDU. Roll twice to generate a Luck score and use the higher value."? Though you mention not rolling for Luck when using Option 1. Or are we assumed to be in the final years of college and fall into the 20-39 age bracket?
Please assume I like you and your post.
Old Nov 28th, 2023, 11:05 AM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
You can if you wish to play a freshman but you’d also fall into the 20-22 range as well which would cover juniors and seniors.
Old Nov 28th, 2023, 11:51 AM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29697
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Name: Sierra Mcbride
College Major: Medical Doctor
Physical Description: Sierra is just under five foot tall with long black hair and peachy skin with a rosy glow in her cheeks.

A bit about your character(Background, College life etc. ): Sierra comes from a wealthy family and was expected to marry the right sort and simply be pretty. She defied those expectations from day one with a brilliant mind and keen look into the world. She's always been interested in medicine and wants to be a doctor. Her parents still hold out hope that she might settle down and marry a doctor.

Why are you attending the extra credit trip?: The school took some students from the medical track to be on site as first aid and medical needs. Sierra's parents aren't the only people who think she shouldn't be a doctor and this is just one more shot to try and get her to drop out and make a spot for someone 'more deserving' well she's not having any of that she'll go on the stupid trip and return to finish her studies.

Friends with Clarissa Thurber: Since chemistry is required for pre-med Sierra and Clarissa have shared classes together. They were study partners and have become close friends.

Last edited by Ysolde; Nov 30th, 2023 at 11:18 AM.
Old Nov 28th, 2023, 12:22 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 717
EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anael View Post
You can if you wish to play a freshman but you’d also fall into the 20-22 range as well which would cover juniors and seniors.
Thanks, I'm not particularly au fait with the American school system. I'll make my PC 21, to avoid too much confusion.

J.M. Harding - WIP
right-aligned image

Name: Jesse Michael Harding
College Major: Law (College of Law and Business)
Physical Description: Tall, attractive, and charming, he keeps his wavy hair neatly cropped and styled. Always ready with a winning smile. He enjoys swimming, but does not otherwise exercise much, so he is not especially muscular.

A bit about your character(Background, College life etc.): If only J.M. would apply himself, his tutors lament! An attractive, charming, intelligent young man - what he does deign to learn he absorbs like a sponge, but he simply doesn't take the world seriously. Pushed into a Law major by his father Michael Josiah Harding, a notable Newburyport lawyer and alumnus of the same college, J.M. is reluctant to actually begin a legal career. Instead, he can often be found cutting classes, preferring to be out of town with his sketchbook, taking in the beautiful New England countryside; alternatively, he will have invited one of the pretty young women around campus to his dorm to sketch, or paint. Sometimes he sneaks into Arts classes, and has struck up a kind of friendship with an Art Professor who knows J.M. shouldn't be there, but can't bear to turn away an interested student.

Why are you attending the extra credit trip? Failing? Brown Nosing? Personal Interest?: Having missed rather too many classes in favour of his other interests, J.M. is on the verge of failing his degree. After all, there's only so far you can get on raw intelligence. His father is furious that J.M. has put himself in this position, letting down the Harding family name. As much as Harding Sr thinks the summer trip is a waste of time, he is insisting that J.M. go on it to make up the credits, and as a form of punishment for throwing away the money he has spent on J.M.'s place at Miskatonic. J.M. is actually looking forward to it - a summer without being berated for his lack of ambition? Sounds like bliss. And when he heard that Clarissa was going, he stopped putting up any kind of resistance.

NPC relationships:
  • Clarissa Thurber: J.M. usually finds the pretty girls around campus fairly easy to charm. The fact that Clarissa is in no way interested in him makes him even more interested in her. The thrill of the chase, it's intoxicating.
  • Jason Trent: J.M. bumped into Jason in the library one time. Jason would hardly talk, but J.M. saw someone who at heart had a lot to give, and followed Jason around the library talking, trying to get a response from the little guy, instead getting a stern telling off from the librarian for being too loud. J.M. has decided to be Jason's friend; Jason doesn't get a say in the matter. J.M. stands up for Jason whenever he can.
Skills:
Accounting, Language other (, Language own (English), Library Use, Persuade, 1 physical education skill (Swim) +2 skills related to field of study or 1 field of study (Law) and an extracurricular activity (Fine Art).

RollsPlease find rolls here.
Please assume I like you and your post.

Last edited by EMIW; Dec 5th, 2023 at 04:59 AM.
Old Nov 28th, 2023, 12:29 PM
Lord of Graves

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1730
Arkanis Arkanis Arkanis Arkanis Arkanis Arkanis Arkanis Arkanis Arkanis Arkanis Arkanis
Once again Anael you drag me in......application incoming

Argh, on second thoughts this probably isn’t a good idea, I’m at my games limit. Next time though.

Last edited by Arkanis; Nov 29th, 2023 at 03:31 AM.
Old Nov 28th, 2023, 11:41 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15719
Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier
I have no experience with the system, and have only had the book for a few days, so it might take some time to get everything figured out if I get selected.

Call of Cthulhu - Harvest
right-aligned image

Name: Abigail Poulter
College Major: Psychology
Physical Description: Short and frumpy, Abigail has spent three years at Miskatonic more-or-less invisible to most of her peers. This is largely the way she likes it, having never been particularly outgoing or talkative.

A bit about your character(Background, College life etc.): Abigail comes from money, her father a lumber baron in Washington state who vanished several years ago on a hunting trip with his eldest son. Her brother Howard, an ambitious and unscrupulous man, always seemed a little too evasive on the subject of what exactly happened in the woods, but since he inherited their father’s fortune she never pushed the issue with him. Howard was only too happy to send his ‘dear’ sister across the country to attend university the moment she brought the subject up, even funding her summer studies so that she only returned home once a year for Christmas.

Why are you attending the extra credit trip? Failing? Brown Nosing? Personal Interest?: Abigail is on the trip mainly out of personal interest, spending her summers studying subjects that don’t necessarily apply to her degree.

NPC Relationships: During her second year at Miskatonic University, Abigail was partnered with William Noakes in a shared class to write a research paper, choosing a thrilling discourse on the Psychological Stressors Related to Advancing Tool Use and Technology. The pair worked well together, receiving an A on the paper, yet have had little contact in the year since then despite parting on good terms.

Terrence Laslow and Abigail Poulter have hated each other since the first day they met, and no one really knows why. While he is something of an ass, being near him seems to draw out the very worst in Abigail. Indeed their arguments have become so heated that the two of them have had to be restrained from engaging in fistcuffs. Thankfully, neither of them is a particularly imposing specimen and have led entirely too sheltered lives that this is not hard to accomplish.

Characteristic Rolls

Last edited by Starflier; Dec 10th, 2023 at 11:50 PM.
Old Nov 29th, 2023, 01:16 PM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
No worries Starflier I am always more then willing to walk new players through any help they need.