EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW
Heroes of Augera

Game NameHeroes of Augera
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeWorking together to unravel mysteries and save lives
FlavourFantasy (not quite High); political machinations; mystery
Welcome to Fort Imma
Heroes of Augera

Fort Imma, in the nation of Lindost, on the continent of Augera, on the world of Torosevia, was built to watch over the sea approach to Ardurn Bay, the first part of the coast west of Forts Tother and Wan that isn't high cliffs. Imma is therefore of vital importance for the protection of Whitebridge and the wider land of Lindost.
At least it would be, if Lindost were at war. The alliance of the Eastern nations against the Talithan Shadow Empire is now ancient history (at least to the humans in Lindost, and others of a similar lifetime), and Scobaria has been independent for hundreds of years.

So Fort Imma's fortifications go unrepaired by the token militia stationed there, while the harbour grows, and the nature of the town changes from one of defence to one of welcome - welcome all those with coin to spend, goods to trade, or services to offer! It's also the best place to land if you're heading for Whitebridge, unless you prefer to land at Mazemouth and travel the scenic route around the Magnal Forest, a journey of several weeks.

What are you doing in Imma? Are you a native to the town, or have you travelled here by land or sea? Either way, you've started to make a name for yourself in and around Imma, even catching the attention of Rannulf Landgrave, Commander of the town guard and de facto leader of Fort Imma while the young Baron Idris Housta is out of town, which he usually is. A runner from Commander Landgrave has summoned you to his house in the Fort proper, atop the Cliffs of Soft, with the proposition of work both interesting and well-paying. What could he want? There's only one way to find out...

The GameThis will be a D&D 5e campaign set on my homebrew world of Torosevia, focussing on the continent of Augera. I have broader, long-term story plans, but I would like to weave the campaign around the PCs, their personalities and motivations. I want to let them loose in my world and see what happens. You'll start in Fort Imma, with Commander Rannulf Landgrave functioning as something of a Patron (see Tasha's Cauldron Ch.2). The opening posts will be your PCs introduction to the Commander and the other characters.

This is far from a grim and gritty game, but neither is it a comedy game. I want players to have fun, but also take it seriously. Your characters live in the world and believe it is real - they don't know they're in a game.

If you would like to take part, please fill in the character details below. You will start at level 4. I'm more than happy to work with you in creating a character that fits into the world, and has connections to it. Characters with no connections to the world don't tend to engender a commitment to play. I'm not going to ignore any ideas players have for their characters unless it directly contradicts something I already know about the world, and even then I will work with you to try to make it work, so feel free to be creative. Once players have been chosen I'll work with you to decide what you have been doing in/around Fort Imma in the lead-up to the campaign that has gained you a little recognition. I have various scenarios to offer.

The SettingAugera is a low-ish tech place, no firearms or airships. In the human regions magic is accepted as part of life but it's not very common, while in the elven regions its a bit more expected due to their natural propensity for it. There are only two major schools/colleges of magic on the continent, one at either end, so it's not like there are wizards flying around everywhere, but there are definitely self-taught hedge wizards who didn't go to either school, or those who started and dropped out.
Levels of wealth and crime depend on the location, so if you need to know details about anywhere in particular feel free to ask, but it's fair to say that nowhere is 100% crime free.

The Map:

Nations and Locations:

Character CreationPlease fill in the following details about your character:

Name:
Race:
Class:
Subclass:
Alignment (no Evil):
Background:
Personality Trait 1:
Personality Trait 2:
Ideal:
Bond:
Flaw:
Backstory:
What brings you to Fort Imma?:

A note on ability scoresAbility scores will be rolled officially once characters have been selected. If you want to use scores as part of your character creation feel free to use any method as a stop-gap, noting that these will not be your final scores.

Race OptionsFeel free to use any of the following races:

Q&A

Applications
Player Character Class Race Complete?
Dworin Clovis Brighttaker Rogue (Thief) Human Yes
Mitsubachi Taela Sparrowswift Ranger (Beast) Wood Elf Yes
BlackDragon0 Jaka Dragonscale Ranger (Drakewarden) Half-Elf Yes
Rockerboy Conarr Rocksmasher Thunukalataa Barbarian (Berkserker) Goliath Yes
Togot Ainz Ool Gown Wizard (Divination) Human Yes
Drachenspirit Zona Monk (Kensei) Yuan-ti Yes
1Skell Illithir the Argent Warlock/Sorcerer (Hexblade/Divine Soul) Wood Elf Yes
Xand Mateo Castellan Druid (Stars) Human Yes
BarrowB Claire Lux Rogue/Cleric (Soulknife/Twilight) Human Yes
Scarecrow71 Yosston Dapplepatch Sorcerer (Wild Magic) Gnome Withdrawn
Ghrimm Damian Sa'Bastyan Bard (Swords) Human Yes
Starflier Bandle Hedgewick Fighter (EK) Gnome Yes
Hotshot lasgun Yukiko Sorcerer (Aberrant)/Fighter Human Yes
Desert Typhoon Keres Greyman Fighter (Cavalier) Human Yes
penbeast0 Stabby Stabby Kill Kill Ranger (Gloomstalker) Goblin Yes
jutsujoy Gorkshu Druid (Moon) Lizardfolk Yes
squirmonkey Azonar Minorestin Wizard (Illusion) Half-Elf Yes
DemonSlayer Godfrey Goldenglow Sorcerer (Clockwork) Halfling Yes
BurrowingOwl Sister Lilya Cleric (Peace) Tiefling Yes
lydklein Rahime Amakas Paladin (Ancient) Tiefling Yes
Please assume I like you and your post.

Last edited by EMIW; Jan 29th, 2024 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Update applications list + add Party Size to Q&A
Old Jan 16th, 2024, 08:00 AM
he/him. GMing in Rome.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4457
Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin
Posting to register interest. Do you have any thoughts on religions, prophecies etc?
Old Jan 16th, 2024, 09:21 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dworin View Post
Posting to register interest. Do you have any thoughts on religions, prophecies etc?
Religion, I'm going to be using the usual D&D pantheons, both popular and obscure. For example, Fort Imma where you start has temples to Tymora and Valkur. A village nearby has a small temple to Chauntea. I won't be including real world pantheons like Egyptian or Norse. Those blessed by their god with divine powers (Clerics) are either given placements in temples/churches around the continent supported by lay priests, or encouraged to travel the land spreading the good word with the aid of their powers. Of course, the gods may well bless someone not known to their church, and many of the less popular gods have only one or two temples, or none at all.

Prophecies, I love a prophecy, visions, dreams etc. Sometimes the gods speak to people like that. Sometimes it isn't the gods...
Old Jan 16th, 2024, 09:50 AM
Busy Bee

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6870
Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi
Posting interest!
Old Jan 16th, 2024, 11:38 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 244
1Skell 1Skell 1Skell
So... Does having played part of the adventure counts against the player in the selection? Makkiu here and I would like to throw Ilithir back into Augera again.
Old Jan 16th, 2024, 12:00 PM
he/him. GMing in Rome.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4457
Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMIW View Post
Religion, I'm going to be using the usual D&D pantheons, both popular and obscure. For example, Fort Imma where you start has temples to Tymora and Valkur. A village nearby has a small temple to Chauntea. I won't be including real world pantheons like Egyptian or Norse. Those blessed by their god with divine powers (Clerics) are either given placements in temples/churches around the continent supported by lay priests, or encouraged to travel the land spreading the good word with the aid of their powers. Of course, the gods may well bless someone not known to their church, and many of the less popular gods have only one or two temples, or none at all.

Prophecies, I love a prophecy, visions, dreams etc. Sometimes the gods speak to people like that. Sometimes it isn't the gods...
Thanks, I'm going to sleep on an idea. I know +/- zero D&D lore. I'll graze the fandom wiki but I'll probably need some assistance to make everything fit.

Application:

right-aligned image

Name: Clovis Brighttaker
Race: Human
Class: Rogue
Subclass: Thief
Alignment (no Evil): Chaotic Neutral
Background: Acolyte of the Church of Mask
Personality Trait 1: I don't like violence; I prefer a cunning plan.
Personality Trait 2: I am very talkative
Ideal: Prove to Mask that I'm worthy
Bond: Build a temple for an unknown god
Flaw: There is always room for doubt
Backstory:

Clovis was born in Goldhollow and grew up mostly on its streets; his parents not having time for him. As he was always the smallest, he learned at a young age that outplanning the bullies on the street was a much better defence against them than trying to fight back. It came as no surprise to anyone when he joined the Church of Mask. Here, he was not guided by the desire to accumulate wealth or to take it from others. His main interest lay in observing the actions of others and then to best them with a cunning strategy, though of course tricking a self-important windbag out of his money was both satisfying and lucrative.

One day he had nicked a little book containing some unintelligible rhymes. He had been about to dump it as uninteresting when a sense of foreboding came over him and after studying it into the small hours, he placed it under his pillow. That night he had a very vivid dream. The rhymes were a prophecy and he was the chosen one to fulfill it. Five objects he would have to trace down from the corners of Augera and then finally consecrate with them a temple for a god that had been forgotten. Or a new god; he wasn't quite so clear on that because at that point in his dreams owls had started hooting outside, waking him up.

The first item was the gold coin that was the basis of Lord Galerian Roh's fortune. It was sealed in three chests with seven locks and buried under his house with mighty spells guarding it. It had taken Clovis more than half a year and all his wits to find a way to get at this coin but with the help of Mask himself, he had eventually done it, though he had to flee the town afterwards.

What the second object is, he did not yet know. All that he could glean from his dream had been that his next target would be revealed to him in Fort Imma. With the gold coin and of course with the booklet, he had set out to Fort Imma. However, in Roodacre, he had lost the booklet. Well, not actually lost it; it had been there one moment and gone the next. Since then, doubts have been growing in his mind. Is he really chosen to collect the five objects and erect a temple? If so, why was the dream cut short before the name of the deity was revealed? How could he have been allowed to lose the booklet? Is Mask just playing a cruel joke or is he testing him?

For lack of a better plan, he still continued his travel to Fort Imma. He certainly couldn't go back to Goldhollow. He hoped for a new sign but even if he would never get it; there would always be a way for a clever rogue to survive.

What brings you to Fort Imma?: The second item will be revealed to me here. I hope.

Last edited by Dworin; Jan 17th, 2024 at 11:27 AM. Reason: add application
Old Jan 16th, 2024, 12:03 PM
very preem, choom

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 898
Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy
Character ApplicationName: Conarr Rocksmasher Thunukalataa
right-aligned image

Race: ● Ability Score Increase: Your Strength score increases by 2, and your Constitution score increases by 1.
● Age: Goliaths have lifespans comparable to humans. They enter adulthood in their late teens and usually live less than a century.
● Alignment: Goliath society, with its clear roles and tasks, has a strong lawful bent. The goliath sense of fairness, balanced with an
emphasis on self-sufficiency and personal accountability, pushes them toward neutrality.
● Size: Goliaths are between 7 and 8 feet tall and weigh between 280 and 340 pounds. Your size is Medium.
● Speed: Your base walking speed is 30 feet.
● Natural Athlete: You have proficiency in the Athletics skill.
● Stone's Endurance: You can focus yourself to occasionally shrug off injury. When you take damage, you can use your reaction to roll a d12. Add
your Constitution modifier to the number rolled, and reduce the damage by that total. After you use this trait, you can’t use it again until you finish
a short or long rest.
● Powerful Build: You count as one size larger when determining your carrying capacity and the weight you can push, drag, or lift.
● Mountain Born: You have resistance to cold damage. You’re also acclimated to high altitude, including elevations above 20,000 feet.
● Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and Giant.
Goliath

Height: 7'8" (2.34m)
Weight: 295 lbs (133kg)
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Dark

Class: Barbarian

Subclass: Path of the Berserker

Alignment (no Evil): I have a strong moral code I live by... which everyone else is unaware ofLawful Neutral

Background: ● Skill Proficiencies: Athletics, Survival Tool
● Proficiencies: One type of musical instrument
● Languages: One of your choice
● Equipment: A staff, a hunting trap, a trophy from an
animal you killed, a set of traveler's clothes, and a
pouch containing 10gp
Outlander (Tribal nomad)

Personality Trait 1: I'm driven by a wanderlust for challenge that led me away from home.

Personality Trait 2: I'm always picking things up, absently fiddling with them, and sometimes accidentally breaking them.

Ideal: I must earn glory in battle, for myself and my tribe.

Bond: My family, clan, or tribe is the most important thing in my life, even when they are far from me.

Flaw: There's no room for caution in a life lived to the fullest.

Backstory: Conarr Rocksmasher Thunukalataa, hailing from the mighty Thunukalataa tribe, is an unstoppable Goliath warrior renown the world over for his daring and nigh-impossible feats of battle, where he has bested the grandest and most dangerous foes in the realm and emerged from his glorious conquest of challenge victorious and undefeated by all!

...or that's what Conarr plans to say, once he's actually achieved half of what he wants to.

More modestly, Conarr Rocksmasher Thunukalataa is a nomadic Goliath from clan Thunukalataa, one who has descended from the chilling heights of the Southwrath Mountains in search of challenge and accomplishment and glory. His people hold competition amongst themselves almost above all else, and Conarr is no different, as he begun his exploration beyond his clan lands to seek out ways to prove his talent, dedication and efforts to his tribe. In the harsh frozen lands of Verglas, food and water and shelter are rare in the mountain reaches, the skills and knowledge of an individual could mean the difference between a clans doom or survival - and it is Conarr's responsibility to improve his self-sufficiency and individual capabilities.

While living within his clan, Conarr found little other than a stark landscape to challenge him. That left the warrior wanting and without true accomplishments to be gained; especially when compared to others in the clan, like Turryk Wyrmslayer Thunukalataa or Mishyak Ogrewrestler Thunukalataa, both older siblings to Conarr - and their exploits clearly defined by the nicknames received by the chieftain. There was a point where Conarr knew he, too, had to leave his clan and mountainous home in order to secure his place within the clan; since those who couldn't support the clan were exiled, which meant a great importance was on survival and strongest in leadership.

Conarr bid farewell to his clan, took a few belongings to get by until he could begin besting foes, and trekked down the Southwrath Mountains. He traveled alone, the land leading him southwest, and soon he was outside of the white frozen wastes and seeing green fields and forests for the first time. Conarr was beside him, curious and perplexed by many things he was experiencing, and he soon began to enjoy the thrill of discovering more of the unknown (at least to him). Some of his first lessons were about the people and cultures in the lands of Lindost, as he walked through villages of Hawksmoor and explored some of the Magnal Forest; and he was surprised to see how material the lowlanders were, coveting their little patches of land and whatever junk they could fit inside them. Needless to say, most of them didn't take well to Conarr experimenting with items and breaking them - mugs, forks, wagons, just to name a few - so he learned to not do that quickly enough, for the most part.

Yet, Conarr still had a task, so onward he went. And the more the Goliath traveled, the more he learned about dangers and threats throughout Lindost, and the more excited he grew at the prospect of facing them. He purposefully sought out bandits, actively collected bounties or reward offers from folks he passed by, and tried to hunt down the odd deadly creature; his efforts proved worthwhile, in the sense Conarr was earning a reputation, but inside he felt like the exploits weren't grand enough.

Killing bandits? Besting wolves? Breaking windmills? Those didn't earn him glory and position within his clan!

Conarr started to wander more southwest, with the intent to move across the border of Lindost into Scobaria, but stopped along the way - in Port Imma. Once again his curiosity had gotten the better of him, and Conarr saw the boats on the water and wanted to get a closer look, which he did... though that turned into an unfortunate situation with a local ship Captain, who had to replace several parts of her vessel once the Goliath had - unintentionally - broken through some decking and cracked the walking plank. Conarr was told he owed the Captain - one Captain Rosalyn Bitterwater - coin for the repairs, to which the warrior agreed to pay it back once he earned more.

Now, Conarr Rocksmasher Thunukalataa resides in Port Imma, where he works off a debt owed. He also keeps his ears out for rumors or opportunities for glorious battle or accomplishment, so he can both pay back the Captain and earn his renown for the clan. So it was, while collecting rumors and scribbling them down - terribly unneatly - Conarr was made aware of a summons for work and pay by the Commander of the town guard, Rannulf Landgrave; and after some loud and blunt investigation to find out who that was from locals, Conarr was pleased to realize - after being told - that Rannulf was basically the clan chieftain. That meant whatever the Commander needed doing, it was important - important enough for Conarr to look into!

What brings you to Fort Imma?: The search for challenge and glory, where I plan to outdo my tribes' past accomplishments! ...that, and Conarr heard there were pretty boats in the port and he's never seen boats. And now a debt to a boat Captain.

Last edited by Rockerboy; Jan 18th, 2024 at 08:22 AM.
Old Jan 16th, 2024, 12:08 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dworin View Post
Thanks, I'm going to sleep on an idea. I know +/- zero D&D lore. I'll graze the fandom wiki but I'll probably need some assistance to make everything fit.
That's what I'm here for! Let me know when you need that assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Skell View Post
So... Does having played part of the adventure counts against the player in the selection? Makkiu here and I would like to throw Ilithir back into Augera again.
Woah hey! I wasn't expecting to see anyone from DDB over here, although I probably shouldn't be surprised. There's no harm in dropping an application for Illithir, I won't stop you, though I worry more for you that that some of the mystery would be lost, having played some of the earlier story beats.

Last edited by EMIW; Jan 16th, 2024 at 12:26 PM.
Old Jan 16th, 2024, 03:51 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8825
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
right-aligned image

Name: Ainz Ool Gown
Race: variant human
Class: wizard diviner
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Background: noble
Personality Traits:
I value knowledge and will go to great lengths to acquire it
It is natural for the strong to dominate the weak, and so I seek strength

Ideal: knowledge is power

Bond: I wish to create a utopia that I will rule forever

Flaw: I am obsessed with control

Personality: Ainz is a shy introvert who has difficulty understanding social norms which occasionally causes him to unintentionally offend people which gets him in trouble. He has his own unique sense of morality believing to repay evil with evil and kindness with kindness. He also believes it is natural for the strong to dominate the weak, and so the goal of all people should be to seek strength and that choosing to be weak is a sin. He is fiercely loyal to his friends and treasures the bonds he forms with those who accept him. His goal is to become immortal and found his own nation which he will name Nazerik.

Appearance: Ainz is a gaunt man of imposing six foot three stature. His hair is long and black turning grey. His eyes are stern and cold. He wears fine robes carries a staff with him.

Backstory:Ainz was born into a noble family, but his social awkwardness and shy nature made him an I'll fit for high society. Rather than play with other children, Ainz spent most of his time in the family library reading books. He was a glutton for knowledge and loved learning about the history of the world, the empires that rose and fell, the people who left their mark, and Ainz dreamed of what he might one day do.

Ainz was also fascinated by magic and convinced a wizard named Fludder Pardine to tutor him. Ainz proved a fast study and by the time he was seventeen, he was able to go out on his own to investigate some ruins in his families lands. He killed a number of goblins which proved little challenge. The deed earned him the admiration of the nearby villagers who the goblins had been attacking. It was the first time anyone had really praised Ainz and he knew that what he wanted in life was to have his own kingdom where everyone worshiped him. A place where everyone could live in peace under his benevolent rulership, but to achieve such a thing he would need great wealth and power.

And so he became an adventurer to meet talented individuals, find powerful artifacts, and make a name for himself. Now in his fifties, he feels the weight of mortality on his shoulders. He has heard rumors of a powerful wizard in Imma and is heading there in hopes of gaining knowledge and power, and possibly the secret to immortality.

What brings you to Fort Imma: Ainz is seeking a powerful wizard to learn from
Old Jan 16th, 2024, 06:23 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 33664
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Zona
right-aligned image
Name: Zona

Race: Yuan-Ti

Class: Monk

Subclass: - Path of Kensei

Alignment: LN

Personality Traits: 1) I am always calm, no matter the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me. 2) The best way to get me to do something is to tell me I cannot do it. I love a challenge.
Bond: I will become the greatest Bounty hunter that ever lived.
Ideal: I track down those who are guilty so I can stop them from hurting anyone else.
Flaw: I tend to let others take the lead in a combative situation if things look bad and not in my favor.
Background: Urban Bounty Hunter

Appearance: Zona stands five feet seven inches tall with hair color that closely matches her light greenish-yellow colored scale-like skin. She has aquamarine eyes with serpent slit type pupils.
She wears no armor, but the attire of something that is a cross between a city worker and adventurer - thick garments with leather straps to hold a myriad of things. She's got Darts tucked into small holders on her forearms, chest and waist. For other weapons there is a visible short sword sheathed on her back and a sickle-like blade stuck in her belt.

Personality: Zona is very matter-of fact in her business dealings and either doesn't take things too seriously or seems to always be in a good mood. She is quite competitive with those she knows - and especially with her rivals - and loves a good game, with dice being one she prefers.

Backstory: Some who know Zona would argue that she isn't easy going or in a good mood, but rather no mood at all, being a cold-blooded Yuan-Ti, so she just doesn't care about others, only her own agenda.
While it is true that she cares about what she does, and strives to be the best at it, she does have her own kind of 'code' or way of doing things.
The truth is that she cares about others and accomplishing tasks that will help others in the long run more than coin or wealth and this is what drives her in her chosen profession.
She hails from 'The Dome of the Rose' monastery located in the Pevot Point. She has no memory of any life before that place, being told she was 'dropped off' or delivered by sailors who found her in some abandoned lighthouse down the coast. She's heard all kinds of stories about "how" she was found, but the one she likes the most isn't one that has much of a happy ending to it. Seems that the sailors were looking to get the lighthouse going again and found a 'snake lady' there. Battling her minions and losing a lot of their party, they finally killed her. They found she had left a baby behind, Zona, and the name came from the fact that it was the 'snake lady's last spoken word before she died.'
She knows she'll likely never know if it is true or not, but that's what she's decided is true and is fine with it.
Growing up in the Monastery, she didn't take to their worship of Lathander so much, but she did take to their careful study of the magical life energy they call 'ki.' She also took to the rigorous regime of honing her body's physical capabilities in martial training and defense.

What brings you to Fort Imma?: Feeling she had outgrown the Monastery a few years ago, she got on the first ship headed to a new city that happened to be 'Fort Imma.' Using what she knows how to do innately and through her training she took up collecting bounties for people from the City Watch and some orders and became quite good at it. She is known, though she hasn't really made a name for herself to her satisfaction, but she's working on it.
Given her job and natural insight into people, she's gotten to know a few people and what goes on at Fort Imma.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; Jan 17th, 2024 at 12:17 PM.
Old Jan 16th, 2024, 06:53 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
1Skell 1Skell 1Skell
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMIW View Post
Woah hey! I wasn't expecting to see anyone from DDB over here, although I probably shouldn't be surprised. There's no harm in dropping an application for Illithir, I won't stop you, though I worry more for you that that some of the mystery would be lost, having played some of the earlier story beats.
You are the only person from DDB that I found here and to be honest I'm the kind that enjoy discovering the small details more than big mysteries, like a player that reloads Baldur's Gate a game to attempt all the dialogue options just to hear them. Just the different party makes it guaranteed that I will enjoy it all at least as much as before. I tried putting the application in secret text below because of the backstory secrets so let me know if it worked (you can read the text).

Old Jan 16th, 2024, 11:38 PM
Sport-mode princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 558
HexCursed HexCursed HexCursed HexCursed HexCursed HexCursed
@DM EMIW: Could one forego the rolling of dice to determine ability scores and use the point-buy method instead?

Also, what can you tell us about the cultures of the various lands?

Last edited by HexCursed; Jan 16th, 2024 at 11:40 PM.
Old Jan 17th, 2024, 12:28 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Xand Xand Xand
Very interested, but I had a few questions before submitting my application if that's okay.

What's the expected posting rate?

Are there any supplements banned for the game? I was thinking about a druid with the Circle of Stars but I can change that to Circle of Lands if necessary.

Lastly, can you tell us a little more about Pevot Point and Kivok's Garden?
Old Jan 17th, 2024, 08:19 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexCursed View Post
@DM EMIW:Could one forego the rolling of dice to determine ability scores and use the point-buy method instead?

Also, what can you tell us about the cultures of the various lands?
Ideally I would have everyone follow the same method (I go with 4d6, reroll 1s once, take highest 3), with the option of Point Buy if people are really unhappy with their rolls. However, things do tend to average out, so if you really would rather use Point Buy I would be content to agree to that.

There's a little bit of detail about the nations of Augera in my opening post, but I'm going to go back and add links to the relevant pages of my World Anvil once I post this. Please feel free to have a read through, and ask any follow-up questions. There are some details which I remember deciding during the first time I ran this which somehow never made it into the WA (e.g. anything about Osmial, the fact that Scobaria is a theocracy etc), so I'm going to try to track them down and add them to the WA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xand View Post
Very interested, but I had a few questions before submitting my application if that's okay.

What's the expected posting rate?

Are there any supplements banned for the game? I was thinking about a druid with the Circle of Stars but I can change that to Circle of Lands if necessary.

Lastly, can you tell us a little more about Pevot Point and Kivok's Garden?
Posting rate: 1-2 posts a week seems to be the RPGX norm, and would be just dandy, but if people can post more often that would be lovely. I'm more concerned with everyone getting to post as equally as possible. One person posting constantly and dominating the game is as much a problem as someone not posting at all for weeks without an explanation.

Supplements: Tasha's is a great source, Circle of Stars is approved. I'm not including Eberron, Ravnica, Strixhaven (that includes Silvery Barbs), Wild Beyond The Witchlight, Spelljammer, Critical Role books, or Acquisitions Incorporated.

Kivok's Garden is the jungle growing on the extremely fertile land surrounding Mt. Kivok. Whether it's because of the natural nutrients brought to the surface by the huge volcano, or because there is something magical going on, but the plants of the Garden grow extremely fast. Pevot Point was established as a halfway point for those sailing long journeys from Lindost, Scobaria or Dharbek around to Osmial or Talith. Attempts were made to cut back the jungle and build up a normal trading post town there, but the founders of Pevot Point, including Jurgen Pevot himself, found that within a week all their hard work would be undone - roots would crumble foundations, strong saplings would grow through floors, vines would overwhelm everything else. So instead of building inward, they started to build outward along the thin strip of land by the sea not touched by the jungle. So Pevot Point is now just over a mile long, and only one road wide, the backs of the buildings on the far side tickled by leaves and vines.
@Drachenspirit - You might find this useful for Zona, if you wanted to incorporate any of it, though I don't think her application necessarily requires it. There's nothing stopping a temple/monastery to Lathander having been built there, maybe even at the request of Pevot himself - the Morninglord symbolises hope and new beginnings, perfect for a venture like Pevot Point.

Last edited by EMIW; Jan 17th, 2024 at 12:00 PM.
Old Jan 17th, 2024, 08:48 AM
very preem, choom

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 898
Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy
I like the idea of rolling. If selected, I'll go with that and use the results!