User Statistics
RPXP: 666
Zangul Zangul Zangul Zangul Zangul Zangul
The Scepter and The Sorcerer

Game NameThe Scepter and The Sorcerer
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeDnD 5e
FlavourFantasy
Plot SummaryLord Velcor just found the scepter of Armageddon. With it he took control of the demons and the underworld and has released an army of demons and the underworld upon the surface to find the Artifacts that can stop him. Towns and villages have either defended against a raid, have been destroyed, or haven’t been invaded yet, some kingdoms have fallen. The sky elves are still around, Bruno Battlestorm dwarf king of mount Margma is still around. King Halbrex, King and ruler of triton is still standing strong.

You can't kill what you can't see,
But what you can't see can kill you! Quote from Nailo moonshade Phantom Rogue
Old Jan 17th, 2024, 01:24 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
For character application please have your: level 5, name, race, class, background, appearance, personality traits, bonds, ideal, flaws backstory must include was your town destroyed, saved or not invaded yet. And what brought you to answer King Halbrex’s summons to the Castle Triton. All Wizard of the coast official books allowed. No UA and no Homebrew. Stats can be rolled, standard array, or 27 point buy. If you roll don’t roll in this thread. You may choose a feat. After all your are level 5 also when chosen max Hp. Deadline for applications will be January 31 2024.

Old Jan 17th, 2024, 02:12 PM
Spes Temporis

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2648
Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool
Azathools Application - Anastrianna Amastacia (Ana) - Complete
Name: Anastrianna Amastacia (“Ana”)
Race: Tasha's Custom Lineage, see Build below, no flightSky Elf
Class: Fighter / Echo Knight
Level: 5
Background: Custom: As Sailor (but of the sky instead of water)Sky Sailor
Appearance
right-aligned image
Image Created with DALL-E 3

Standing five and a half feet tall, with the usual pale complexion of a sky-elf, Ana is customarily seen wearing crimson-red heavy leather armour, a rune encrusted double-bladed scimitar in her hands, her weapon of choice in close quarters. A short bow is slung over one shoulder, a quiver of arrows the other.

A shadowy echo of herself if often present, hovering like a ghost above a shoulder or walking to the side. In combat the ghostly shape attacks as Ana does, swapping places too and fro as if Ana and it are echo’s of each other.

Personality Traits: I can stare down a hellhound without flinching | My friends know they can rely on me, no matter what.
Bonds: I idolize the Avariel heroes of old and measure my deeds against theirs.
Ideal: Greater Good. Our lot is to lay down our lives in defence of others. (Good)
Flaws: I judge others harshly and myself even more severely.
Backstory

Build

Characters: Hieronymous - Valthrum - Slake - Spyder - Ain'Jel - Aster - Bob - Leatherface - Anastrianna - Eric

Last edited by Azathool; Jan 19th, 2024 at 07:52 PM.
Old Jan 17th, 2024, 04:36 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8825
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Posting interest
Old Jan 17th, 2024, 06:51 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6623
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
5th level...I'm guessing this is high magic campaign?
Old Jan 17th, 2024, 07:34 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@seek34 yes lots of magic will be in it.

Old Jan 17th, 2024, 08:10 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Ok, just wanted to make sure. So we get 500gps plus 1d10x25gps, and 1 uncommon item along with normal starting equipment. Will be able to buy needed supplies.
Old Jan 17th, 2024, 09:50 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@seeker34 that’s not game breaking go for it.

Old Jan 17th, 2024, 09:59 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Remember with generosity comes miserliness and diabolicalness.

Old Jan 17th, 2024, 10:37 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Name: Xior Goldenfields
Race: Leonin
Class: Monk
Appearance: A seven foot tall lion standing up is what he looks like, with a full mane and amber eyes that looks harden. Well built and rugged with scars along his body. He seems to wear no armor, armed with a bow at his back and a dagger sheathed at each thigh.
right-aligned image

Personality: Good natured and loves a good fight. Although easy going, there are times when he thinks about the death of his people that puts him in a sour mood.
Background: Outlander
Personalty Trait: I feel far more comfortable around animals than people.
Ideals: I must earn glory in battle, for myself and my clan
Bonds: I am the last of my tribe, and it is up to me to ensure their names enter legend.
Flaws: I am slow to trust members of other races, tribes and societies.
Backstory: Growing up in Oreskos, it was a happy place, a paradise for the Leonins. A vast valley of dry grasslands nestled in between a couple of mountains. Many prey, like the herds of gazelle and others, along with prides of lions and other beasts. Not many enter the area, humans are usually avoided, for they rarely can be trusted as a race, and they avoid any soldiers as well. A few other strangers though, enter the land and are welcomed like the Centaurs, Minotaurs, and some others.

It was a peaceful place for many years then one day, they came, demons and other creatures of horror entered the land and the Leonin and what allies they had, fought bravely but they were no match for the demons’ power and their magic. They seem to be looking for something, but for what, no one knew, the demons killed and asked later. The valley that was full of life, was now full of death. There was no life left when the demons had gone on their way. Well, no life standing.

Xior laid on the ground, one eye open. He did not move, he knew if he did, he would feel extreme pain. He stayed where he was, resting, for how long, he wasn’t sure, but then he heard a groan. He had to move now. He rose to his knees and paid filled his whole body, pain like he never felt before. He looked around, listening to where the sound was coming from and found him. It was a minotaur. He ever so slowly made his way on all fours. Xior then clasps his hand. He had asked if they had won the battle. Xior looked around the area and saw nothing but unmoving bodes far as he could see. He turned back to the minotaur and found his eyes were close. He was dead.

Days went by, his body slowly healed. He had found a couple of potions, at the closet home, but they only helped a little. Once he was able to move, he began to train and exercise. Once he was well enough to travel, he headed out and made his way through the valley. He only came across a handful of his people that were still alive, but only to die soon after. There might be survivors like himself, but if there were, he didn’t know where they were. He made his way to the capital. It was a beautiful place, but now, it looked like a war zone. He had felt great grief but now, here in the capital, seeing it destroyed, he was now angry.

He gathered what items he needed and could carry. Luckily, demons had no need for money. He took what he found and the capital, leaving his homeland. People who never saw his kind, or even heard of his kind looked upon him with awe, with fear, with shock. The second tavern he came across, he saw a summons on the wall. King Halbrex’s summons to the Castle Triton. The King, he’ll have answers. So Xior took the summons off the wall and headed to the castle.

Last edited by Seekr34; Jan 17th, 2024 at 10:38 PM.
Old Jan 18th, 2024, 01:57 AM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
right-aligned image

Name: War machine
Race: war forged
Class: artificer armorer
Alignment: Lawful good
Background: hermit
Personality Traits:
I seek to better myself
I am still learning who I am and where I fit in the world

Ideal: if everyone performs an act of kindness every day, the world would be a better place

Bond: I cherish the friendships that I make

Flaw: I have a very hard time understanding people and struggle with social interactions

Appearance: war machine is made out of metal, stands at an impressive six foot five, is black and silver in color, and is outfitted with various weapons and items that are interchangeable. His eyes glow, as does the circle on his chest where his power core lies. He is heavily armored and bulky.

Personality: Warmachine is logical, rational, and analytical as well as practical. With rare exceptions, he is devoid of emotion and seeks out experiences that will evoke them. He is naturally inquisitive and has a spark for innovation. He is very task-oriented and can work tirelessly at a job for hours or even days without getting bored. Despite his lack of emotion, he is not devoid of compassion or morality. He seeks to better himself and the world around him as he struggles to figure out who he is and where he fits in the world.

Backstory: To call Doctavian Velesaris a genius would be an insult. The man was a visionary far ahead of his time. a pioneer in engineering, he created many mechanical marvels. Weapons, tools, toys, whatever spark of innovation struck him he would pursue obsessively until the next spark demanded his attention elsewhere. Sadly, he was only a human, and it frustrated him to have so little time when there were so many more discoveries to make. And so, he put his mind to work on overcoming his mortality.

He used every bit of knowledge he had acquired, every skill and trick and technique at his disposal to create his masterpiece, a humanoid machine far more complicated than any mere golem. Doctavian would transfer his mind, his very soul into this shell and thus defeat death. he hooked himself up and flipped the switch.

The machine’s eyes lit up and it looked around the room. It knew where it was. It knew what had happened. It looked at Doctavian’s corps and knew who he was. It had all of his knowledge, his memories, his experiences, but none of his emotions. None of his personality. The process had only been a partial success.

It spent weeks locked away in Doctavian’s tower. It gave him a proper burial and set to carry on its creator's work. Then the demons came. It had not approached the villagers, but as it looked down at them from the tower window, as it heard their screams, it realized that Doctavian had transferred something else to it. his morality.

Grabbing every weapon it could, it rushed out of the tower and fought the demons alongside the town guard. At first the villagers didn’t know what to make of it, but they soon realized it was on their side. Together they repelled the attack. The town saved, the guard captain remarked that it was a real war machine and asked it for its name. it answered, war machine.

Seeing the townsfolk safe and happy caused war machine to experience its first emotion, joy. It was a wonderful sensation, but sadly it was short lived. Despite that, war machine now knew it was capable of emotion and became determined to seek out experiences that elicited more of them.

War machine continued defending the town for some time until one day the captain of the guard who had become war machine's friend informed it that the king wished to see it. encouraged by its friend, war machine set out to have its royal audience.
Old Jan 20th, 2024, 02:12 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
If I don’t get any other applications do the three you still want to do this?

Old Jan 20th, 2024, 03:18 PM
Spes Temporis

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2648
Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangul View Post
If I don’t get any other applications do the three you still want to do this?
My application is complete, early days, 3 is enough but can grow to more.

I suggest tidying up your initial two posts a little to re-gin interest.

Characters: Hieronymous - Valthrum - Slake - Spyder - Ain'Jel - Aster - Bob - Leatherface - Anastrianna - Eric
Old Jan 20th, 2024, 03:57 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
I'm ok with just the three of us
Old Jan 20th, 2024, 04:09 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 244
Xand Xand Xand
Posting interest! I'll submit the full app sometime today or tomorrow.