RPXP: 536
Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71
The Lost Mine of Phandelver

Game Name
The Lost Mine of Phandelver

Game System
Dungeons & Dragons, 5th Edition
Theme
A group of adventurers are drawn into looking for and securing an ancient mine said to be ripe with magic...and monsters.
Flavour
Exploration, Intrigue, and Liberation in the Sword Coast

BackgroundMore than 500 years ago, clans of dwarves and gnomes made an agreement known as the Phandelver’s Pact, by which they would share a rich mine in a wondrous cavern known as Wave Echo Cave. In addition to its mineral wealth, the mine contained great magical power. Human spellcasters allied themselves with the dwarves and gnomes to channel and bind that energy into a great forge (called the Forge of Spells), where magic items could be crafted. Times were good, and the nearby human town of Phandalin (pronounced fan-duh-lin) prospered as well. But then disaster struck when orcs swept through the North and laid waste to all in their path.

A powerful force of orcs reinforced by evil mercenary wizards attacked Wave Echo Cave to seize its riches and magic treasures. Human wizards fought alongside their dwarf and gnome allies to defend the Forge of Spells, and the ensuing spell battle destroyed much of the cavern. Few survived the cave-ins and tremors, and the location of Wave Echo Cave was lost.

For centuries, rumors of buried riches attracted treasure seekers and opportunists to the area around Phandalin, but no one has ever succeeded in locating the lost mine. In recent years, people have resettled the area. Phandalin is now a rough-and-tumble frontier town. More important, the Rockseeker brothers—a trio of dwarves—have discovered the entrance to Wave Echo Cave, and they intend to reopen the mines.

Unfortunately for the Rockseekers, they are not the only ones interested in Wave Echo Cave. A mysterious villain known as the Black Spider controls a network of bandit gangs and goblin tribes in the area, and his agents have followed the Rockseekers to their prize. Now the Black Spider wants Wave Echo Cave for himself, and he is taking steps to make sure no one else knows where it is.

What This IsAt its core, this game is an attempt at running a 5E campaign, starting with the Lost Mine of Phandelver. I would like to see the group of characters start in Phandalin, finish this particular adventure, and from there...who knows? Forge of Fury? Undermountain? Ravenloft? That is entirely up to the group, and should be based on the outcome of this adventure.

The game will center on a group of adventurers who, for one reason or another, continue to get drawn into adventures of exploration, intrigue, and saving the general population. I hope.

What This Is NotI am hoping that this won't be your average run-of-the-mill "Go here/kill this/open that box" adventure. Make no mistake that there are places where the train will be boarded, but there are plenty of times where characters will (should) have the opportunity to deviate from the hard storyline to accomplish things even I did not plan for. I do not want this to become another game of "I created a character but I'm bored now".

This game is also not for those players who aren't interested in crafting a group story. I hate that I have to say this, but this story focuses on a group of people, not just one. Too many times characters get lost in the shuffle, and I want to avoid having someone never get the spotlight. Everyone should have the chance to shine, and those players who are only interested in their own characters need not apply.

I need to fully stress that last paragraph. This game is about a group of adventurers, not an individual. Everyone will have their chance to shine.

This also isn't going to be a game where things are not taken seriously...but we also won't let ourselves be too serious here. It should be a good mix of laughter and somberness, depending on the situation.

Finally, I'm looking for players who are going to trust that the actions I take as a GM are for the betterment of the story and are not intended to hose players. I don't want to get bogged down in semantics or having PhD dissertations on the rules. I will forget stuff, and I will unintentionally leave things out of descriptions. Not because I'm an ass, but because I'm human. And I ask that you please just go with it and assume that I have the best outcome for the story in mind when that happens. I'm not facetious; I'm not looking to get rid of players; I'm not looking to "win". I'm looking to have fun. As long as we are all doing that, everything else will just kind of follow along.

Character CreationI'll use spoilers here so as to not make this too long. It should be noted that players are required to read and understand the rules put forth; if you have questions, please ask!

Party SelectionPlayers who are interested should post interest in this thread. Of course! Character submissions should include the following:
  • Name
  • Alignment
  • Race
  • Class
  • Subclass
  • Background
  • Personality Traits, Bond, Ideal, Flaw
  • Backstory/History (don't write a novel)

A full character sheet is not required at this time. Once (if) the forum is created and the group selected, you can create the full sheet then. Of course, you are more than free to create a full one now!

I am hoping to get enough interest here where we can get 4-6 characters. I will not simply and blindly take one of each kind of concept or role, but rather take characters who I think will work together well. I am less concerned with group makeup than I am cohesiveness. Remember that any role you do not have in the group can always - ALWAYS - be dealt with through NPCs, really good dice rolls, and sheer luck.

I will leave this open for...let's say 2 weeks and change. I'd like to get moving and posting IC by February 12, 2024, and I will request the actual forum to be created once we have enough characters.

Final ConsiderationsI'll start this section by saying that I do not use secret/private text. Ever. We are all adults here, and we should all be capable of keeping personal knowledge separate from character knowledge. Please do not use secret text when asking me questions, and be aware that I will not use secret text when speaking. If you honestly have something on your character that you don't want shared with anyone, you should re-consider the character.

To be very clear, I expect a post rate of 2-3 times per week.

Nobody should roll any kind of dice in this thread AT ALL. Once the forum is created, I will put up an OOC thread where you can test dice rolling to your heart’s content.

If there is anything I missed, or if you have any questions, by all means ask away!

Last edited by Scarecrow71; Feb 5th, 2024 at 02:46 PM.
Old Jan 24th, 2024, 03:35 PM
[insert witticism here]

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDragon0 View Post
I have a ch that I've tried to play this game with he's 2nd lv and I would like to apply with him.

http://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=88545
As long as he fits within the rules put forth, I'm ok with that. Don't forget your post with the actual application details!
Old Jan 24th, 2024, 04:58 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6623
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Nice, twice I applied for this campaign, one was pathfinder and another was 5e and both died before we even started. I usually don't apply unless the levels start at higher levels due to so many games I've been in dies before we move up 2 or 3 levels. Unless it's a campaign that interest me or I haven't played yet and this is it.

Will see what I come up with.
Old Jan 24th, 2024, 05:12 PM
[insert witticism here]

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekr34 View Post
Nice, twice I applied for this campaign, one was pathfinder and another was 5e and both died before we even started. I usually don't apply unless the levels start at higher levels due to so many games I've been in dies before we move up 2 or 3 levels. Unless it's a campaign that interest me or I haven't played yet and this is it.

Will see what I come up with.
Not because of you specifically, but the bolded section is why I wanted to start this at level 2. That's where the cool powers/abilities start to happen, and people are just sick of starting at 1st level and having the game die before you get to do anything. Heck, one game I was in on another site we just leveled up and got our coolness...and the GM ghosted. Left the site without warning and never came back.

Anyhow, interested to see what you put out there!
Old Jan 24th, 2024, 06:03 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Exactly, when it comes to levels. Usually 4th or higher I look for. Been on here for around 11 years. Made it from 1st to 20th level once. Played in two games that started at 16th levels. Never made it it 17th, but it was still fun actually playing a high level character.
Old Jan 24th, 2024, 07:23 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Did a search for guilds and this is the only I found
https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/w...in_Neverwinter
Old Jan 24th, 2024, 10:07 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Name: Zoron Callorua
Race: Shadar-Kai
Alignment: NG
Class: Ranger
Personality: Easy going, but while he can be outgoing, there are times where he is reserved, especially with strangers, not knowing how they will react to him. He enjoys being a ranger, spending more time in the forest than the city so not to deal with other people. He tries his best to fit in but if that fails, he pretty much stays quiet and out of the way. One thing was in his favor, an dark elf called Drizzt had been mostly accepted by the surface folks. If it wasn’t for him, he wasn’t sure how accepting the folks would be towards him.

Appearance: He stands under six feet, slender body as with most elves, and his hair white as snow, his eyes, pure silver, but despite those two oddities, it’s his skin that gets the most notice, for it is ashen gray. With a blade at each side, a dagger sheathed on each thigh, a bow at his back and his brown outfit, you can guess his profession is a ranger.
right-aligned image

Background: Far Traveler
Personality Traits: I have different assumptions from those around me concerning personal space, blithely invading others' space in innocence, or reacting to ignorant invasion of my own.
Bond: Inquisitive. Everything is new, but I have a thirst to learn. (Neutral)
Ideal: I'm fascinated by the beauty and wonder of this new land.
Flaw: I have a weakness for the exotic beauty of the people of these lands.
Backstory/History: For his first 75 years, he spent his life in Shadowfell. Some of his people had found a portal to the material plane. The younger folks were skeptical of the new world, but the elders knew. So Zoron went with his family and some of his people to the portal and they came out to a wooded area. It was a forest. He was told it would be brighter, more alive. He still wasn’t prepared. He felt the magic in the woods, which he found was called Neverwinter woods. It was bright, alive with forest creatures. They were greeted by elves that lived in the woods and their skin was so different than his. The biggest surprise came about thirty minutes later, his folks, along with other Shadar-Kais, looked younger, as if they had a youth potion or something. He felt different as well, more alive. The only thing that remained the same was their skin, still ashen gray.

The next 25 years, Zoron and his people had grown to their new world with the help of the elves. Zoron, now 100 years old, became a ranger. He explored the lands, hunted, even became a guide for travelers. He had made friends with some folks, like other elves, druids, and gnomes. The humans had taken awhile, as few had seen elves of his kind. Other than surface elves which are common to them, the only other were the drow, but with gray skin that could pass for white from a distance, many consider Zoron an oddity, perhaps an exotic elf.

His recent travels took him to Neverwinter. He was a guide to a group of travelers, and they had a few bumps along the way, but they eventually made it to the city and no one was lost.

Last edited by Seekr34; Jan 26th, 2024 at 08:05 PM.
Old Jan 24th, 2024, 11:33 PM
There are no owls here.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 184
BurrowingOwl BurrowingOwl
Would you be open to players who are very new to the site? I just registered a moment ago, and this game (and your approach to running it) are just what I was hoping to find in a game. I'll go ahead and start thinking about a character, but please let me know if being brand new to the site is a problem.
Old Jan 25th, 2024, 12:12 AM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8825
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
right-aligned image

Name: Shast Carstein
Race: Variant human
Class: wizard diviner
Background: noble
Alignment: neutral good
Personality traits (2): I take great pains to always look my best
Despite my noble birth, I do not place myself above other folk.
Ideal: Independence. I must prove that I can handle myself without the coddling of my family.
Bond: I am in love with a woman who my family disapprove of
Flaw: When put under pressure, I make rash decisions that get me in trouble
Backstory: Born to the noble Carstein family as the third son, Shast was the spare of a spare. As such he had little to look forward to other than serving one of his elder brothers Liguel and Miguel or being forced to marry some noble girl he had never met. To make matters worse, he was a runt in a family of knights. Far too scrawny to swing a sword, he became a source of great disappointment for his father which he reminded Shast of at every opportunity. Rather than train his body, Shast found he was far more acclimated to studying books, and soon learned he had a talent for magic. This only made him more of a pariah in his family as mages were seen as cowards.

Despite his good looks, Shast’s bookish nature made him few friends. His only real companion was an ironic one as she was the exact opposite of the noble wizard. Shuro was a female half-orc barbarian who had been captured from an orc tribe that had been raiding caravans. Rather than being put to death, she was sold as a slave to Shast’s family. Despite her primitive ways and short and violent temper, Shast took a liking to her, finding her exotic. Although she was cold to him at first, loneliness soon softened Shuro’s defenses, and the two outcasts found comfort in each other’s company. Shast taught her how to read and Shuro would share stories of her adventures. Before Shast realized it, he had fallen in love.

Shast was with Shuro at the stables, keeping her company as she tended the horses when his brothers approached him. His two older siblings began teasing him as they often did, but they had been drinking and started getting physical. Shuro tried to intervene, but the two men turned their ire towards her, reminding her she was a slave, and if she laid a hand on them, it would be cut off. They began taunting her, daring her to react. Then Miguel groped her, Shuro went into a rage. She grabbed him by the throat, lifted him off the ground, and broke his neck. Shast was shocked and horrified at what had happened, but he knew there was only one way to save Shuro from execution. Before Liguel could call for help, Shast shot him in the face with a firebolt spell, killing him. Now it was Shuro’s turn to be shocked. Shast ordered her to move the bodies together and he burned them both to a crisp with burning hands spell to cover up Shuro’s crime. He swore to her that he would return for her one day, and the two parted ways.

Shast left a brief letter explaining that he had killed his brothers out of spite, and that he would never return. He fled the estate and became a vagabond, offering his magical talents for coin. It wasn’t long before wanted posters with his face began to prop up all over town, forcing him to run yet again. He made his way to Neverwinter where he became an adventurer. It wasn’t an ideal life, but it was better than the gallows. Now Shast works to earn enough money to buy Shuro from his family so they can be together, and word has reached his ear of a treasure that promises to do just that.
Old Jan 25th, 2024, 12:14 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13874
Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar
Application
left-aligned image
Name: Karl Conrad
Race: Human (Variant)
Alignment: Lawful Good
Class: Barbarian
Subclass: Totem Warrior

Custom Background <Sailor> (PHB Pg. 125)
Personality Trait
If someone is in trouble I'm always willing to help
Personality Trait
I love making new Friends, and you never know when you might need to call in a favor
Bond
My Adventuring Clan is the most important thing in my life. No matter how far apart we get, I wont waste this opportunity.
Ideal
The Ancient Traditions of Worship and Sacrifice must be observed
Flaw
My Pride will possibly 'Probably' lead to my downfall...

Class Feature
Wanderer (Outlander)
Skill Proficiencies Athletics , Perception
Tool Proficiencies Vehicles (Land) , Gaming Set (Dice)

Backstory/History: Karl was born of common stock in the harbor district of Waterdeep. And, just like his father, he had difficulty controlling his temper. Raised to be a dockworker, just like his dad, physical labor and harsh punishments were common occurrences of the job. Which lead to drinking in the pubs to soothe the many aches and the souls of the working men. Whether it was one of the Conrad's that would get angry, or another of the denizens of the downtrodden, a fight would normally ensue after a night of imbibing. And like iron sharpening iron, Karl learned from a young age how to defend himself from attacks. Or how a discarded stick, or broom handle, could substitute for a club or sword in a pinch. In all the hard knocks, all the bruises, and injuries, he was given by defending his old man. Karl had to at least grudgingly thank him for the education...

Eventually, people had had enough of Karl's antics, and his famous temper, so he was "exiled" from the Dockworks. Told he was no longer welcome in his parent's home, or they would lose their jobs too. Even excluded from his friends (of which he had few), and society in general. Karl was warned that if he kept to his ways of fighting with his fists, rather than his head, he would soon find a prison cell; or more likely, the hangman's gallows for the troubles he caused.

Forced to flee, and with no gold to pay for his necessities, Karl gravitated away from the busy streets of the city and into the wilderness. Where instead of the constant aggravation of the guards, or his old life. He could find food, berries, and fresh water to sustain him. As he managed to grow a little older, his disposition mellowed. While he could still call upon his hot anger in times of need, there was little to be mad about when the wind blew a lullaby, and the brooks sang their happy melodies. Karl matured, let go of some of his hot-temperedness, and survived.

There was one thing that Karl did not have in this new life, he missed companionship. So he would occasionally travel back in to towns to trade some of his gathered supplies for a few mugs of ale, a new piece of gear, or some repairs. And in doing so made enough good impressions on people that he was eventually invited into one of the burgeoning Adventuring Clans. Karl knew that he could continue to eek out an existence on his own, but now that he didn't have to be alone anymore, he felt like he didn't have to "just survive"... He had an opportunity to actually start to LIVE again.

His Adventuring Clan has been sought by the Rockseeker Brothers for aid in their quest to re-open the mines. So Karl is back in Waterdeep; eager to prove his value to his employer, and his companions.

Last edited by Alemar; Jan 26th, 2024 at 11:43 PM.
Old Jan 25th, 2024, 01:05 AM
[insert witticism here]

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDragon0 View Post
In addition to this, all characters are members of one of the adventuring guilds found within the city. Characters who are from the same guild will know each other...

What guilds?
You can either use the list Seekr found. Alternatively, those who are selected can craft a custom guild that they are all part of. Some new and small thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurrowingOwl View Post
Would you be open to players who are very new to the site? I just registered a moment ago, and this game (and your approach to running it) are just what I was hoping to find in a game. I'll go ahead and start thinking about a character, but please let me know if being brand new to the site is a problem.
That is fine.
Old Jan 25th, 2024, 01:16 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1861
Greyling Greyling Greyling Greyling Greyling Greyling Greyling Greyling Greyling Greyling Greyling
FLEUR

Name: Fleur Roux Laurent
Race: Human (Variant)
Class: Warlock
Subclass: Celestial
Alignment: NG

Personality Traits:
  • I honor my deities through practices that are foreign to this land.
  • I begin or end my day with small traditional rituals that are unfamiliar to those around me.
Bond: I'm fascinated by the beauty and wonder of this new land.
Ideal: Inquisitive. Everything is new, but I have a thirst to learn.
Flaw: I have a weakness for the exotic beauty of the people of these lands.
Background: Far Traveler

Appearance: A young girl in her early 20s, Fleur stands tall at 167 cm. Bright red hair tied back or braided, striking green eyes, and freckles only add to her charismatic presence.
Personality: Naturally inquisitive, Fleur is always eager to see new sight, meet new people, and try new things.
BackstoryBackstory:
Born the daughter of Eleanor Laurent. Fleur never really knew her father. Her mother didn't like to talk about him. Painful memories. Fleur some comfort in the local temple to Sune. A place that allowed her to see the beauty in her life, and the world around. To help out there, young Fleur assisted an apothecary collect ingredients for salves, balms and poultices.

Growing up in the port city of Lyrabar of Impiltur, She would see people from distant land come and go. Sometimes she'd hear their stories. Other times she would daydream her own. In the dreams, she would join them on their journey. When she was finally old enough to she convinced her mother that she needed to do some exploring. She started by travelling west to Raven's Bluff. There she met a Turmian man named Akabar who was visiting to participate in the local hunting festival, the Bone Dance. He invited her to join his hunt. Which turned out very fortunate, putting her time assisting the apothecary to use when he was injured.

To thank her, Akabar invited Fleur to his home in Turmish to meet his family. Upon arriving they found out one of his wives, Zhara, had just been abducted by slavers. An outlawed practice in these lands, they tracked the slavers into the city-state of Nimpeth. There they met a woman named Jhassala. A descendant of slaves herself, and hunter of slavers, she helped them rescue Zhara.

Wishing to explore more, preferably away from the slavers in this region, Fleur once again headed west. Even passing through Elturel to the Companion shining high above the city. Fleur made friends along her journeys. Currently in Neverwinter, she's been talking to a member of the mage guild and the Many-Starred Cloak who has been looking to recruit her.

Last edited by Greyling; Feb 2nd, 2024 at 04:17 AM.
Old Jan 25th, 2024, 02:50 AM
There are no owls here.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 184
BurrowingOwl BurrowingOwl
Application
left-aligned image

Name: Mira Tresendar

Race: Human (variant)
Alignment: Neutral Good
Class: Fighter
Background: Noble (although a custom combination of Noble and Soldier might be more appropriate to her backstory, if that's okay)

Backstory/History:
Mira Tresendar had been raised since girlhood on tales of her great and noble lineage… but tales were all that lineage ever amounted to. Hers was an impoverished cadet branch of a forgotten aristocratic family of Neverwinter, its ancestral estate long since abandoned and its feudal title rendered dubious by the recent upheavals in Neverwinter’s leadership. The family fortune, likewise, dwindled over the generations, until at last Mira’s father was forced to find work as a sellsword to pay the family’s debts, to maintain their crumbling Neverwinter townhouse and to pay the few servants who, after her mother’s young and untimely death, did most of the work of raising Mira.

Shamed as he was at having to sully his ancestors’ knightly lineage by fighting for coin, Mira’s father was all the more appalled when his headstrong daughter began to show a romantic fascination with the mercenary life, and began to talk eagerly about following in her father’s footsteps as an adventuring sellsword. Her father, intent as he was that Mira should renew the family fortunes through a lucrative marriage alliance, tried to put a stop to the swordsmanship and archery lessons in which he’d previously indulged her - but, frequently absent on campaign as he was, there was little he could to to prevent her from carrying on the lessons in secret.

Their disagreement over her future was the cause of many bitter rows between father and daughter, a conflict that only worsened when Mira’s father was badly wounded during a skirmish with orcish bandits on the High Road. Between his advancing age and his lingering wounds, Mira’s father could no longer support his daughter or the last remnants of the family’s inheritance through his work as a sellsword. Now facing down a final descent into poverty, Mira faced a choice between pawning away the last of her family’s possessions, seeking out a truly ignominious marriage far below her station… or doing something desperate.

Among her father’s effects, Mira found musty and yellowed records of her ancestors’ lands - of the estate that the Tresendar family once held in the foothills of the Sword Mountains, near the ancient settlement of Phandalin. That estate, which once encompassed fertile farmlands and foothills rich with ore, had been overrun by orcish hordes and abandoned by civilized folk generations ago - but of late, settlers had been returning to the lands around old Phandalin. Somewhere in those lands lay her family’s ancestral manor, long abandoned… and inside, perhaps, some record or emblem of her family’s ancient rights, something that might persuade the Lord Protector of Neverwinter to recognize those rights once more.

A distant and foolish hope, perhaps. But with little other chance of restoring her family’s fortunes, Mira left her ailing father in the servants’ care, donned her battered but well-maintained suit of secondhand armor, and took up her father's sword. Convincing the other members of her father's small and disreputable adventurer's guild (who'd known her since she was in pigtails) that she'd finally convinced the old man to let her strike out on her own, Mira hired on as a sellsword with the first caravan she can find headed to the frontier settlement of Phandalin, in the employ of a dwarf named Gundren Rockseeker…

Appearance: Mira Tresendar has inherited her father’s tall, lean build and natural athleticism, but her dark hair, olive complexion and dusky eyes remind him painfully of her lost mother, whom she closely resembles. There's a hint of aristocratic hauteur in her expression, but it's softened by the rounded features and rosy cheeks that betray her youth. Until recently, Mira wore her hair in long, immaculately brushed and styled waves - but, upon taking to the adventuring life, she impulsively cut her hair to a short, practical length. Her arms and armor are of high quality, befitting a noblewoman - but close inspection reveals that they are old and worn, carefully and lovingly maintained to preserve them as long as possible.

Personality Trait #1: I’m brash, headstrong, and overconfident, with a sunny optimism that convinces me that everything will turn out alright in the end.
Personality Trait #2: I’ve idolized my sellsword father since I was a girl, and I’m brimming over with romantic notions about living the life of a heroic adventurer.
Personality Trait #3: I speak with ladylike decorum, appropriate to a girl raised in far higher society than I actually was. If only my behavior were always so ladylike.
Bond: I would do anything to look after my beloved father and give him the comfortable retirement he deserves… even if it means disobeying him.
Ideal: Even if we’ve fallen on hard times, the Tresendars were once a lineage of noble heroes. It’s up to me to uphold the family’s honor.
Flaw: Despite our poverty, my father gave me a sheltered upbringing, which has left me painfully naive about the real hardships and dangers of the adventuring life.

Last edited by BurrowingOwl; Jan 25th, 2024 at 09:12 PM.
Old Jan 25th, 2024, 04:37 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 712
Ghrimm Ghrimm Ghrimm Ghrimm Ghrimm Ghrimm Ghrimm
right-aligned image

Name: Karvyr Ironhide
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Race: Halfling - Ghostwise
Class: Monk
Subclass: Way of the Open Hand
Background: Urban Bounty Hunter (Thief-Taker)
Personality Traits: 1. I am always calm, no matter what the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me. 2. I am incredibly slow to trust. Those who seem the fairest often have the most to hide.
Bond: I will become the greatest thief-taker that ever lived.
Ideal: Honor. My thieving skills were acquired to help me catch thieves, not steal from others. (Lawful)
Flaw: I have a "tell" that reveals when I'm lying. (Overshares, focuses too much on the details – doesn’t know when to stop.)
Backstory: Karvyr was born to a family of Ghostwise merchants in the city of Waterdeep. He was their fourth child (and their third son). Almost from birth it was apparent to his kin that Karvyr lacked the typical hafling mentality. He was far too serious all the time and he actually seemed to enjoy physical exertion. Wanting the best for their youngest, his parents sought an apprenticeship for him that would lean into his nature and found an aging thief-taker in need of a young assistant. Karvyr studied with his master for a number of years before setting out on his own. He has come to take his work very seriously. He doesn’t take on just any job, insisting on examining the evidence of guilt before committing. Unlike some of his associates, Karvyr will often take into account the circumstances as well - choosing not to pursue a criminal if he believes their acts were just or purely out of necessity. Karvyr has chased bounties up and down the Sword Coast and throughout the Lord’s Alliance. Between commissions he will occasionally take jobs as a guard or as an adventurer. His last job left him in Neverwinter were he joined up with an adventuring company.

Last edited by Ghrimm; Jan 25th, 2024 at 11:59 PM.
Old Jan 25th, 2024, 08:29 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
my app is done