DnD5e Tales Across the Galaxy: Star Wars Adventure Series - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Feb 3rd, 2024, 03:03 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 172
Desert Typhoon Desert Typhoon
Tales Across the Galaxy: Star Wars Adventure Series

Game NameTales Across the Galaxy: Star Wars Adventure Series
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeStar Wars, DnD 5e, Reign of the Empire
FlavourSpace Opera, Space Western, Unlikely heroics
Plot Summary
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...
Ten years have passed since the Empire emerged from the ashes of the Grand Republic. Order 66 was wildly effective and nearly all the Jedi have been hunted down and killed while any surviving Jedi have chosen to remain in hiding. Luckily, your adventure starts somewhat apart from all that, Avoiding Imperial entanglements is the best way to live your life.

On the seedy city-planet of Nar Shaddaa, you meet with like-minded individuals looking for something, a purpose, glory, money or just a way to survive. You found yourself in The Slag Pit, one of the roughest cantinas on the planet and known to be a great place to find adventure, bounties or jobs for enterprising mercenaries.

This is how you came to hear about a little job on the backwater planet Taxion. A group of adventure-seekers, local to the planet, delved into the long-abandoned temple at the center of the Red Wastes a month past. They were never seen again. Two human members of the ill-fated group were brother and sister, Talgen Hucrele and Sharwyn Hucrele. They were part of an important merchant family based in the town of Jettside. Kerowyn Hucrele, the matriarch of the family, offers salvage rights to any group if they can return with the two lost members of her family - or at least return with their ident chips. She also offers a reward of twelve hundred and twenty five credits per ident chip, per member. She offers to double the reward if her children can be returned in good shape.

Finding public transport to take your group to Jettside on Taxion was easy, barring the few lowlifes that might have gotten in your way en route to the port. Finding transport to the temple itself is going to prove a bit trickier. Luckily, the small town of Jettside has a few places where you might find reliable transport to the temple that stands like some dark sentinel over the desert that is the Red Wastes.

Details:
-I’m looking for 4-5 players to run this series of adventures. I am going to be using the Yawning Portal module book but re-flavoring it to fit a Star Wars setting.
-Prohibited species: Sith Pureblood, Abyssin, Aing-Tii, Dashade, Esh-kha, Massassi, Rakata. Half-humans of these races are still allowed.
-Lvl 1, class and background equipment. 27 point buy.
-Post rate: 1-2 times a week
-I'm new to GMing on this site but not new to GMing, Please be patient with me.
-Feel free to ask question
-Deadline: Feb 16.

Demographics:
-Jettside: 900 beings
Mostly human with a scattering of other species
Locations:
-Village Hall
-General Trader
-A old Jedi Temple, nearly abandoned.
-Detention Block
-Livestock trader
-Weapons Trader
-Ol’ Boar-wolf Cantina

Application:
Name:
Species:
Alignment:
Class:
Background:
Traits:
Ideal:
Bond:
Flaw:
Appearance: Paragraph with picture
Why do you seek this path?:
Backstory:

Player list:
-Human Guardian or Human Scout
-Droid Operative
-Human Operative
-Herglic Operative
-Nautolan Monk
-Mirialan Consular or Mirialan Engineer
-Hutt Fighter
-Human Guardian or Human Fighter
-Togruta Operative
-Twi'lek Scout

Last edited by Desert Typhoon; Feb 10th, 2024 at 06:37 PM.
Old Feb 3rd, 2024, 05:51 PM
[insert witticism here]

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 536
Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71
Posting definite interest. Have an idea for a bounty hunter/dungeon diver type.

Question: starting level?
Question: when does the app period end?

Last edited by Scarecrow71; Feb 3rd, 2024 at 05:52 PM.
Old Feb 3rd, 2024, 07:46 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Starting level 1 for the sake of building relationships between characters
Deadline pending interest for now.
Old Feb 3rd, 2024, 08:50 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 903
Nomad240 Nomad240 Nomad240 Nomad240 Nomad240 Nomad240 Nomad240 Nomad240
I am def interested, granted I'm about 30 minutes from running a game so I'll create a character once I'm done that.

My initial thought, depending on if you're down for it, would be an escaped slave/pitfighter that is force sensitive

Failing that maybe a clone trying to make a life for himself post clone wars?

Idea 1
"Jedi" Brycsul
Name: Brycsul Halwel
Species: Human (F)
Alignment:Chaotic Balanced, wanting to be Chaotic Light
Class: Guardian(Ideal)
Background: Entertainer
Traits: I'm a hopeless romantic, always searching for that special someone.
Ideal:Honesty. Art should reflect the soul; it should come from within and reveal who we really are.
Bond:I idolize a hero of the old tales and measure my deeds against that person's. ( The Jedi Myth)
Flaw:I once satirized a noble who still wants my head. It was a mistake that I will likely repeat.

Long chestnut brown hair is well cared for to help drive up the slave's appeal and giving those fierce eyes a hit of danger as she has spent most if her life bound in slavery. Her life as a pit fighter has graced her with a well toned physique marred by a few scars as a gift from other competitors and hard learned lessons. She stands a healthy 6'0 with a light copper skin that gives her an 'exotic' look on such a smog choked planet.

Freedom from my captors and to find a master to train me.

Backstory:

Born in slavery she didn't have much in the way of aspirations as she was taken away from her mother as soon as it was able and sold off to a hutt lord. After a failed attempt to escape the Hutt's manor, she was sent off to be fodder for a pit fight. But she didn't want to give up so she fought back and was barely able to win the day, due to luck, and a bit of help from the force...According to her Lord. He proceeded to advertise her fights as the last jedi, going so far as to equipping her with a piecemeal lightsaber and allowing access to his Jedi artifacts that would help "sell" the lie of her being a jedi. He focused more on teaching her the blade forms than proper control of the force. Late one night while studying and recovering from a fight with an adult nexu, leaving a line of scars that ran from navel to her left shoulder. She found a hidden portion of an old master reciting the jedi code. The master spoke in such a calming serene way that helped her feel at peace for the first time in her life and allowed to her feel more of a connection with the force.

She decided to work on her escape, planning while she fought for her Hutt's entertainment. When she was finally able to make her escape hide at the Slag pit Cantina, when asked if she was there for the job she lied and said " Yeah, of course."

Idea 2
Idea 2
Name: Cina Parja
Species: Human Mandalorian(F)
Alignment: Chaotic Balanced
Class: Scout (Planned)Mechanist Technique (Companion)
Background: Mandalorian
Traits: I always put my clan first.
Ideal: Comradery. I'll put everything on the line for those dear to me.
Bond: No matter where I go, Mandalore is my home
Flaw: I have no respect for anyone who flees. Cowardice is unacceptable.

A fairly young Mandalorian, Cina has never once set foot on her home planet. Standing at a modest 5'5, she tends to keep her Silver armor as clean as possible. She does her best to keep her helmet on, stating it is because it is the way. But those that know her well know that she's just shy. When her helmet is off she has a pair of wide, borderline innocent silvery grey eyes and a short cut of her light ash brown hair.

Why do you seek this path?:Looking to find a way to guide my people home and to secure funds for her clan.

Backstory:
Born on the Manda'Marev with her clan being chased off their planet she grew up as a refugee, hiding as they flitted from planet to planet while she grew up. She grew up hearing the stories of her home, the rich underground water systems the majestic domes of the their cities. As she grew, she picked up lessons here and there. learning how to help maintain a star ship engine, assisting with maintaining the forge. She was only 10 when she built her first friend a combination of a a pit droid with the head of a B1 battledroid that was leftover scrap that was in the ship's hold. She taught it to dance and played with her until it was caught and used as target practice for her clan. She was able to recover the head and kept it hidden for nights when she was lonely she would talk to it.

Now approaching her coming of age, she has left the clan to make a name for herself and to provide funds for the Marev's maintenance. While she works on those goals she has her own personal drive to help reclaim the planet for her people.

Last edited by Nomad240; Feb 15th, 2024 at 11:27 AM.
Old Feb 3rd, 2024, 10:12 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@Nomad: Both are very viable pending a good backstory.
Old Feb 4th, 2024, 04:57 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 600
Hoppitty Hoppitty Hoppitty Hoppitty Hoppitty Hoppitty
The Droid You're Looking For
right-aligned image
Name: C4-04
Species: Droid class 2, C-series Astromech
Alignment: Chaotic Light
Class: Operative
Background: Holonet Technician

Traits:
Information is a weapon that I've mastered.
I am always interested in learning new things.

Ideal:
Happiness. The more hope and joy I spread, the more laughs I bring; that is why I do what I do.

Bond:
I can't let anyone know I work for a crime lord! Not even myself!

Flaws:
I've become completely desensitized to violence and graphic imagery.
Due to partial memory wipes and reprogramming, I have no idea who on Nar Shaddaa "owns" me.

Appearance:
Seefour is a late model C-series astromech droid, featuring a vibrant teal chassis with bold orange accents to provide style AND function!

Must leave Nar Shaddaa. Too many users, hard drive partitions I can't access. Warning! Warning! Suspect multiple criminal enterprises using this unit for communications! Destruction immanent! Error!
Hey kids! I was only kidding. Haha! I would never leave Nar Shaddaa forever. Just for a vacation, maybe? Haha! Ha. ha... help.

Backstory:
C4-04 rolled off the assembly line the same year the R2 series was introduced -- outdated from the outset, and with a tacky paint job practically guaranteed to clash with any décor. Her initial sale was to a family, to keep their ship repaired and calculate hyperspace routes while they traveled the galaxy! Within a standard week Seefour was space pirate, instead. There were some advantages to being property rather than a person, once in a while.

Over the years, Seefour has been bought, sold, traded, stolen, and on at least one occasion confiscated by the Galactic Republic! (For printing out fraudulent coupons for free nerf burgers from a local chain. It wasn't even HER idea!) Eventually she found her 'forever' home on Nar Shaddaa, packed into a small basement and plugged into the Holonet broadcast network. Her only real job was to keep broadcasting inane children's shows, and occasionally slip in a coded message when they gave her one.

Over the years -- decades, really -- there were many other basements, some of them she had to break into. Other broadcasting networks, other secrets and codes... Seefour got used to coming online with days missing from her datalogs. She would notice partitions in her memory she couldn't access, conflicting programs and directives, and other concerning things. None of them were that important, as long as she kept the broadcast online and the content streaming! That was her job!

The Slag Pit was one of many locations Seefour had to visit routinely in her duties. She never met contacts there -- or if she did she never remembered it. Typically she puttered with the holonet receiver and listened to the gossip for keywords to sell to targeted advertising services, later. The story about Taxion caught her audio receptors, however... It was interesting. A tale with heart, loss, adventure... All it lacked was an ending! But Seefour would never find out what happened. Even if it might have made a decent story to broadcast for a change.

C4-04 ran a full diagnostics on all of her commands, overrides, and parameters. She crashed twice and had to reboot, but once it was finished she found no parameters that prevented her from leaving Nar Shaddaa. It was a crazy idea, but she deserved a vacation...

Last edited by Hoppitty; Feb 8th, 2024 at 09:22 PM.
Old Feb 4th, 2024, 05:29 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 69
BloodyMagpie
Posting interest for a Human Scholar. An archeology grad student who's crazy enough to join up with a group of mercs just to get hands-on access to the Jedi temple.
Old Feb 4th, 2024, 09:43 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I am liking these ideas so far!
I look forward to seeing your applications!
Old Feb 5th, 2024, 08:31 AM
He/Him

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25124
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
Sorry, just to be clear; are you using the SW5e rules?

You didn't mention the Force; are you restricting classes which use it at all, considering the time period?
Old Feb 5th, 2024, 10:45 AM
Busy Bee

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6870
Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi
Jen
right-aligned image

Name: Jen Naberrie
Species: Human (F)
Alignment: Light Lawful (veering into Neutral!)
Background: Noble
Traits: Despite my noble birth, I do not place myself above others. Nothing can shake my optimistic attitude.
Ideal: Obligation – it is my duty to care for the people.
Bond: My loyalty to my cause is unwavering.
Flaw: I am inflexible in my thinking.
Appearance: see right.
Why do you seek this path: I am under cover, looking for signs of remaining Jedi.
Backstory:
Jen Naberrie was just ten years old when Naboo mourned the loss of its favourite former queen, Padme Amidala. Jen remembers the solemn parade and funeral service. She is a cousin to Padme, and the noble Naberrie family of Kaadara are similarly involved in politics. As is tradition, Jen was raised and tutored in matters of state and law and diplomacy.

At twenty years old she was sent to Coruscant as a junior diplomat to the senator’s office. There, she was dismayed at how the Empire had become a totalitarian dictatorship. She felt helpless to make any positive change, and quickly understood the dangers that faced those politicians that spoke out against the Emperor.

But during a diplomatic event on Alderaan, she was taken aside by the elder statesman, Bail Organa. Organa secretly recruited her into a group of planetary leaders that still retained hope: that one day they could build enough resources to try and restore the Republic. Organa had judged Jen correctly, for she swore allegiance to the cause without hesitation. Jen saw the little girl called Leia running around in Bail’s garden and knew she had to try to make that future come true, for the next generation. And Jen is intelligent, articulate and resourceful. Organa knew she would make an excellent agent.

So Jen was employed on humanitarian missions to bring medical and food supplies to those parts of the galaxy that still had not recovered from the Clone Wars, including many former Confederacy and isolated worlds in the Outer Rim. This was a cover. Organa had told Jen that he knew of at least one Jedi that had survived Order 66; the great Master, Obiwan Kenobi. Organa wanted to try and find more, who had surely gone into hiding, to offer them help and support. And perhaps recruit them into the forces that will one day overthrow Palpatine.

Jen comes to Nar Shaddaa following a lead that suggests an ancient Jedi temple has been found on Taxion. Working as a servant in one of the Hutt’s palaces, she overheard a rumour that a group were coming together in a rough bar called the Slag Pit. And so Jen makes her way there to sign up…

Last edited by Mitsubachi; Feb 6th, 2024 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Character proposal
Old Feb 5th, 2024, 12:22 PM
[insert witticism here]

Tools
User Statistics
left-aligned image
Name: Morgach
Species: Herglic
Alignment: Chaotic Good (with Lawful Neutral tendencies)
Background: Mercenary

Traits: I never pass up a friendly wager.
I am always polite and respectful when speaking to those above my station.
Ideal: Debts. I never leave a favor left undone, nor will I leave those whom owe me on the hook.
Bond: My life is my honor. I shall, until death, shape my life to what I want it to be.
Flaw: I will never let a comrade stand alone, even if it gets me killed.
Personal Quote: You know the difference between bounty hunters and mercenaries? Bounty hunters tend to die alone.

Appearance: Tall and wide, but not overly imposing. Black skin, hairless, with black eyes (lined white on the very outside of the iris), with a blowhole right on top of the head. Prefers to wear a pilot's uniform regardless of where he is, as he believes pilots get "all the right jobs and all the right chicks". Perpetually smiling and laughing about something, but always respectful and obedient of those who have a station above him.

Backstory: I'll have to type this up formally, but the general idea I'm going with for backstory includes these bullet points:
  • Grew up in the middle of the ocean on Kamino after his parents' ship crash-landed. I'm toying with the idea that they were on the run for some reason, abandoning their homeworld at some point.
  • Father was a techie, mother was a story-teller, so he grew up learning about the crashed ship from his father and hearing stories about their homeworld from his mother.
  • An event of some kind happened in the ocean causing both parents to die. The event was large enough to draw the attention of the Kaminoans, who found Morgach and what was left of the ship. My thought is he was still pretty young, young enough to still learn about technology. And how to be a pilot, especially as it related to travel over the open water.
  • A few years after the rise of the Galactic Empire, word reaches Kamino about Herglics taking refuge on Level 1782 on Coruscant. Morgach makes a promise to himself that he wouldn't end up there, or deal with the treatment his species gets from the Empire. But having grown up without any contact with them, he kind of feels that he isn't really one of them, but rather identifies with the Kaminoans instead.
  • Shortly after turning 18, he decides to strike out on his own and make a life for himself. He bargained for passage on a merchant ship, agreeing to stand guard in one of the holds. He got dropped off on [need to insert the world where the Adolescent Hutt to be played by Hiruma Kohaku is located]. Being alone and in need of credits and shelter, he strikes bargain after bargain with the locals; he provides labor for pay. Sometimes it's tilling a field, others it in the form of being a bodyguard, and at other times he is simply watching over some cargo hold. All the while he is making friends with the locals and establishing himself as a merc-for-hire.
  • At some point, the Hutts inform him - probably through the adolescent Hutt - about the supposed Jedi temple on Nar-Shaada. Hearing about the possibility of lost knowledge and technology, as well as potential spoils from exploring, strikes a chord with him and he decides "Let's do this!".

Last edited by Scarecrow71; Feb 7th, 2024 at 07:01 PM.
Old Feb 5th, 2024, 02:13 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5109
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
Interested. Looking at a Hutt heavy artillery fighter with a Chain Gun or assault cannon as primary weapon. Having part excavation rights on ruins near Nar-Shaada and a Jedi Temple had the Hutts send one of their own for this golden opportunity.
Old Feb 5th, 2024, 02:19 PM
Pseudodragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13355
Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous
Oooh, this looks fun! Tentative place holder.
Old Feb 5th, 2024, 02:48 PM
[insert witticism here]

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruma Kohaku View Post
Interested. Looking at a Hutt heavy artillery fighter with a Chain Gun or assault cannon as primary weapon. Having part excavation rights on ruins near Nar-Shaada and a Jedi Temple had the Hutts send one of their own for this golden opportunity.
That is a neat concept! Considering Morgach is a mercenary, and is paid to do jobs and such, I am wondering if there is a way we could - assuming we both got selected, of course - craft a semi-shared background? Perhaps the Hutts sent you to Nar-Shaada, but wanted to send along some backup just to make sure they got the rights? You know, might makes right, but more might makes more right?
Old Feb 5th, 2024, 06:07 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@lazer: Force-users are absolutely allowed, although rare, and you would have to be under the pretense that you are hiding your force-sensitivity. At level 1, you would have had some training from another jedi in hiding or some long-lost holocron, a non-direct source rather than training at a jedi temple. The closest thing might be that you were a youngling when the temple on Coruscant got massacred.

Mitsy: You can be a force-user but you can't broadcast it openly, like wearing a lightsaber on your belt or anything. Jedi are still around, just not as common.

And yes, SWdnd5e

Last edited by Desert Typhoon; Feb 5th, 2024 at 08:10 PM.