Old 08-09-2020, 12:48 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6465
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
Cid’lihn
left-aligned image
The young Eladrin accepted the crystal goblet full of nectar and friendship from Marquis, but did not drink. He seemed mesmerized by the man‘s words. Possession? Could it be that I am possessed as well? I don’t feel any impulses pushing me to do things that are against my will, but… is it possible that I am the target of some kind of magic? Why?

Putting down the goblet, untouched by his lips, Cid‘lihn tried to detect any signs that would point to any traces of magic affecting him. There are many different causes for a loss of memory, both magical and mundane. What I find most curious however, is that until a few days ago, I chose to disregard this huge gap in my conscious mind, as if something kept it hidden from me. Such a thing cannot be natural! Well, there is a way to find out.

Closing his eyes to once more call upon the World Tree, the youth felt the magnificent and reassuring presence of the Source of All Life within him. This time however, it was not the World Tree‘s healing powers he sought. It was the „normal“ and the „mundane“ originating from the gigantic Tree‘s branches and roots, the thing that connected all living things and made them part of the natural world. Having found what he sought, Cid’lihn opened his bright eyes and turned his gaze towards himself: his hands, his legs, his torso and abdomen, concentrating upon anything „unnatural“, any strange power that might be affecting him. What he saw made him gasp with surprise.

He stood silent and unmoving for minutes that seemed like years, until something changed within him. The bud of uncertainty opened and the flower of determination appeared, a flower with a powerful fragrance, calling the Eladrin to action. Cid‘lihn smiled and gulped down the contents of his goblet, smiling mischievously at Marquis like a child that was about to do something it knew was forbidden.

"Thank you, my friend, for your words and support. My path lies before me and I am finally unafraid to follow it! Let us retire early and prepare ourselves for tomorrow. It will only take a day‘s work to uncover this secret, I am sure of it!" Standing up from his chair, Cid’lihn bowed his head to Flaustine, but embraced Marquis warmly. "Thank you", he whispered in the man’s ear. "I will gladly teach you the language of living creatures, so that you can see the wonder in your daughter’s eyes. One only has to listen, really listen, for the earth and the sky, the wind and the leaves dancing upon its breath, all sing in the tongue of the World Tree."

With a final smile, Cid’lihn started briskly climbing the staircase leading to his room. He was anxious for the day to come, but even more anxious to let his body rest and have his mind get lost in dreams of wondrous discovery.

Before the sun rose in the east, the young Eladrin was ready and had gathered all that he thought would be necessary before the inn’s main door: spades and pickaxes, a broom, working clothes, gloves and finally a basket full of fruit and tasty sandwiches, along with two large bottles of fresh water. With a smile upon his lips, he waited for the two humans to join him. The day would be long, but certainly rewarding, though what exactly Cid’lihn would discover, was still unknown to him.

Old 08-10-2020, 04:24 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 489
Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem
Discovery
left-aligned image

Morning light began it's golden glowing ascension into the indigo blue sky. It sought upward until rising to meet the gaze of mother Tahoma, where it then eclipsed her summit, and shone brightly into the vale below.

Cid'lihn, along with Marquis & Flaustine, gathered upon the stoop of the Velkom Inn. Where they watched the first rays of dawn peek out from behind a stalwart body of snowy rock that jutted upward into the heavens.

The crisp morning dew, that had collected upon grass stalks and leaves, was just beginning to refract prismatic reflections of rainbows. As, Marquis the tangle haired
raftsman began to say.

" The ashland soils are rich with life." Marquis noted aloud as he gazed outward upon the flourishing garden. " Yes, the spirit of life is much stronger up here in the vale." Flaustine added.

" You know, some say that the mountains were made, when the bodies of stone giants became still with slumber. Maybe it is through their energy that that the soil is blessed with such resplendent life." Flaustine paused for a moment as he gazed at the complex features of the rugged landscape before him.

He sighed and eased his gaze downward from the high bluffs of sheer and defined stone, where he drank in the succulent sights of splendorous bounty." We are truly blessed to live here. " Flaustine said smiling, and with a glassy tear forming in his eye.

A shrill whistling of steam then began to call from inside.
" That's the water!" Flaustine lifted himself from the weathered three legged stool upon the porch, and made his way inside.

He returned to Cid'lihn and Marquis some minutes later, with several leather bladder bags that steamed from their bits. Handing one to the eladrin, Flaustine smiled as he said. " Better to let it cool for a little while, Chamomile taste better without a scalded tongue." He grimaced and winked as he passed one to Marquis as well.

The raftsman received his tea and nodded his head toward Cid'lihn. " Do yeh think mister badger might meet us by the tree?" " Yer nails look awfully clean today."He chuckled playfully at Cid'lihn. " Thanks for grabbing the tools, and for packing a lunch." Marquis delightfully gestured to the basket held by Cid'lihn.
Marquis gladly grabbed a couple of the items Cid'lihn had gathered and began to make his way forward to the garden.

left-aligned image
The trio then began their lazy stroll, with a joyful anticipation of what the day would unfold to be. They began by passing through the old garden gate, whose vine woven boards were abloom with fragrant jasmine flowers. Then, they walked across the grassy wildflower meadow, and stepped gingerly across a stepping stone bridge over the burbling brook.

It was still early morning when they arrived near the forested edge of the great meadow.
Where they could behold the rosewood tree. A twisted being of bountiful strength and delicacy. the ancient trees gnarled legs rooted deeply into the fertile soil. Branches that grew skywards, supported a lofty canopy of blossoming roses.

Where the trees arms wove with bark and leaf, was a display of abundance such rarely seen in the material plane. Countless nests of various birds found shelter within the rosewood's embrace. Hexagonal combed hives of buzzing bees clung sweetly to the trees body.

Last edited by Aoem; 08-10-2020 at 04:32 PM.
Old 08-11-2020, 12:57 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Cid’lihn
left-aligned image
Despite feeling full of purpose this morning, Cid’lihn was not blind to the beauty of nature, no being that revered the World Tree could. The dew sparkling in the first rays of the sun felt like a glittering blanket of diamonds covering everything. The chirping of birds and buzzing of insects slowly replaced the pre-dawn silence. The mountains surrounding the valley seemed to watch over all beings living in it and Cid’lihn could easily picture the giants from Flaustine‘s story sit down to watch the lives of the small, ant-like beings before them, and slowly turn to stone.

Hearing Marquis‘ question about the badger, the Eladrin laughed and shook his head. "Dear me, it took me a lot of time to clean the dirt from under my nails! What is perfectly all right for a badger is rather inappropriate for an inn employee. There are certain standards in serving others, would you agree, Sir?", asked Cid’lihn Flaustine, the mirth obvious in his eye. "No, I think I have a better trick today", said the youth mysteriously and winked at Marquis.

The three friends leisurely walked through the garden and then the valley, repeatedly sipping the still warm chamomile, feeling the relaxing sensation of the beverage spread through their bodies. Once more the rosewood tree seemed to dominate this spot of the world like a miniature of the World Tree. With a smile on his lips Cid’lihn picked up the pickaxe and started digging where he had left off the day before. Now that the three companions joined forces and had the proper equipment, they made good progress uncovering the staircase leading to the bowels of the earth. Every time the youth saw that one of his companions was slowly becoming tired or when he felt his own muscles stiffen and ache, the young druid called upon the boundless energy of the World Tree and made certain that with a single touch the tiredness vanished, replaced by a surge of the boundless energy of the gigantic tree of life. As the hours passed the mounds of earth next to the rosewood grew higher and the hole in the ground deeper. What would they find inside?

Old 08-24-2020, 12:39 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem
PlaceHolder
"Dear me, it took me a lot of time to clean the dirt from under my nails! What is perfectly all right for a badger is rather inappropriate for an inn employee."
Flaustine winked be-musingly at Cid’lihns comment, he nodded his head toward Marquis, questioningly. "It would seem that our friend here is a talented creature indeed. Baha!
Such consideration and civility don’t you think Marquis?"

Flaustine smiled for a while at the thought of Cid’lihn becoming a badger, and chuckled wholeheartedly at Marquises banter with the Eladrin.

" You know, near the coastal village of my home, there are tales of aquatic druids, although i doubt they smell half as sweet as Cidlihn. Hoho!"
The raftsman’s belly rolled with laughter as he feigned a disgusted face.

" Enough time as a sea lion, & yeh start to smell like blubber! I’ll keep meh nose alert to yer developing musk Cid’lihn!"
The jest was a gentle one, that poked fun at the Eladrins remarkable abilities, that were surely mysterious and odd in the eyes of most.

The three friends leisurely walked through the garden and then the valley, repeatedly sipping the still warm chamomile, feeling the relaxing sensation of the beverage spread through their bodies.

It was a calm sunny morning, and the trio moved within view of the great Rosewood Tree in the mountain meadow before them.

With a smile on his lips Cid’lihn picked up the pickaxe and started digging where he had left off the day before. Indeed, with shovels and picks the group made steady progress toward excavating the mysterious old staircase that spiraled downward into the rooted earth.

Every time the youth saw that one of his companions was slowly becoming tired or when he felt his own muscles stiffen and ache, the young druid called upon the boundless energy of the World Tree and made certain that with a single touch the tiredness vanished, replaced by a surge of the boundless energy of the gigantic tree of life.

Marquis & Flaustine seemed to notice that when their tired muscles surely should be aching, that they instead began to feel revitalized & nourished. As if an elixir or health potion was being breathed into their bodies.

Flaustine & Marquis felt alive and lucid while digging under the rosewood, well into the afternoon they labored on with perseverance & dedication.

As the hours passed, the mounds of earth next to the rosewood grew higher and the hole in the ground deeper.

What will they find? Came the curious caw from a blackbird nearby.

The trio had sweat upon their brow and their backs by the time the sun was high into the sky.
Their hands were covered in dirt and their clothes clung to their sticking skin.

Step by step, they excavated tirelessly, the sounds of the spades and picks blended into a song of toil and effort. The scraping of the shovel mixed with the cracking of the picks point.

Eventually, the winding stone steps that were revealed came to an end. The group had dug deeply into the earth, and they stood there before an old rooted archway.

Nearly an arms-length wide, and tall enough for Cid’lihn to walk through standing tall, the archway was veiled in a swirling shadowy curtain. The air became much cooler when moving nearer to the old archway of twisting roots. The place smelled of ancient earthen richness, of thick green moss.

Trickling beads of water dropped onto the stone slabs by Cid’lihns feet. A rhythmic plinking echoed throughout the space.

OOC
Cid’lihn’s arcana check of the rosewood tree, would return with several inclinations that subtle natural fey magical flows surrounded him. The vitality and abundance of life within the domain of the rosewood tree was astounding.

Cid’lihn also took some time to detect magic upon his own body. In fact, the young elf did discover a slight aura of magical Divination resonance.

Last edited by Aoem; 08-26-2020 at 02:53 PM.
Old 08-29-2020, 01:55 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Cid’lihn
left-aligned image
The young Eladrin stood before the archway both entranced by and excited at their discovery. His thoughts mimicked the cry of the blackbird. What will they find? What, indeed? Cid’lihn turned his head to look at his companions, a reassuring smile upon his lips.

"This is it, Sir Flaustine, Marquis! Seems to be some kind of magical gateway, though I can’t tell where it leads to. Such passages can be treacherous, but my heart tells me I can trust this one for the power of life is abundant around it. Still, we had better be careful. Let me go ahead. If everything is all right I‘ll return for you."

The elf cautiously stretched his hand in front of him, barely touching the shadowy curtain swirling before his eyes. His hand became moist, as if he had caressed a blade of grass covered with rime before the winter sun had shown his face to the world. It was cool and refreshing, not an uncomfortable feeling at all. Cid’lihn took a deep breath and forced his hand to penetrate the shadowy barrier, the bird‘s prophetic words still in his mind. What would they find?
Old 09-06-2020, 01:57 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem
Rose Wood Shrine
left-aligned image

Cid'lihn, mustered the courage to proceed forward, through the shimmering veil of the mysterious root archway. He sensed a change in the air as he placed a hand out and began to walk into the curtain of shifting midnight. Within moments, a shuddering chill grasped the druids body. The eladrin felt as though he was passing through a cosmic gateway, of pure stardust... Several breaths passed, as Cid'lihns astral body projected deeply within his inner-verse.
What he found within the void hole at the center of a galaxy, was an entry point to a lucid vision.

The cool & smooth stone steps, continued their downward arc & spiral.
They led along a curved wall, made by tightly fit ancient mossy stones. Old petroglyphs, of ancient origins blanketed the cavern walls.

Cid'lihns druid instincts told him that this place was some sort of Magjickal wayshrine.
Once he had descended from the stairs, Cid'lihn would see a large circular labyrinth made into the stone. Entrapping lines lay in a large circle around a prehistoric standing stone.

right-aligned image
Marquis watched the blond haired Eladrin walk into an apparent nothingness. Where the rooted archway framed a shimmering door of deep space.

This is it, Sir Flaustine, Marquis! Seems to be some kind of magical gateway." Marquis felt his heart glowing with a resonance of awakening. He stood humbly before the barrier that Cid'lihn had just walked toward, extended his hand to, and then become one with.
Marquis watched as the druid seemingly disappeared inside of himself. As if, small black holes within the elfs body had allowed him to be transported to a cosmic dimension within.

The gateway that Marquis observed, flashed a spectacular array of bright neon colors, Marquis heard this portal of light sizzle with it's immense magjickal power.
Marquis breathed in absolute awe, dipped his hand into a pocket, and pulled out a pinch of pure black sea salt. He tossed the pinch through the archway of twisting roots. "Bless the boy on his journey, by the salt of the sea, let him be free."

Marquis smiled, and turned to see Flaustine holding his hands up to his eyes.
left-aligned image

" I can feel the particles of the universe spiraling within me! Baha!"

Flaustine was enamored with the lucid sensations of energy and light emanating from his body.

As if looking into deep space, Flaustine saw the very fabric of his third dimensional form shining through.

"Let us reside here by the rooted gateway, and await Cid'lihn's return." He said with an astonished grin.

Marquis and Cid'lihn relaxed there by the rosewoods sacred roots, sipping on hot chamomile tea, soaking in the mystical bliss.

Last edited by Aoem; 09-06-2020 at 09:42 PM.
Old 09-09-2020, 03:32 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Cid’lihn
left-aligned image
Cid’lihn was used to being a small link in the almost endless chain of living beings. Every time he let his spirit become one with the vast awareness that was the World Tree, he was reminded of the fact that all living beings were part of the invisible and incredibly complex network comprised of the tree‘s branches and roots. The moment he passed through the magical portal however, the Eladrin felt something he had never experienced before. It was as if he were a tiny grain of sand flying in the infinite space among countless worlds, some like the one he knew and loved, inhabited by people like Flaustine and Marquis, and other completely alien to the druid. The senses he had relied upon during his whole life could no longer serve him in this vast expanse of matter and flowing energy where even time seemed to have no meaning. He was like a newborn baby striving to know the world around it, anxious to understand it and become a part of it. Tens and hundreds of thousands of years passed, or maybe just a single moment, but Cid’lihn suddenly stopped floating in space and time and emerged from the other side of the portal.

Cid’lihn blinked, his eyes quickly adjusting themselves to the gloom of the vast cavern. Before him the Eladrin saw a stone staircase descending to the cavern floor far below. Both the walls and the steps were covered in thick patches of moss, cool and pleasant to the touch, bringing a smile to the druid´s lips. Among the moss, hundreds -no thousands- of petroglyphs had been engraved on the walls, some small, some large, some consisting of only a few lines, others resembling true works of art. Cid’lihn stood before each one of them, following with his finger the lines in the stone, trying to guess their meaning and purpose.

What do they say? Who carved them? What is the purpose of this chamber?

These and a hundred more questions were asked by the young elf, but he received no answer. Apart from the moss there seemed to be no other living beings in the cave. Inhaling deeply the air that felt as ancient as the petroglyphs, Cid’lihn crouched low, his back touching the wall and the soft moss covering it, and closed his eyes. His connection to the World Tee was as strong in this place as it was back home, in fact it felt even stronger, much stronger. It was as if the cavern somehow enhanced it, as if this underground temple -if Cid’lihn really was underground and if this truly was a temple- served as a gate to more than one world – all worlds, perhaps? The Eladrin felt as though bound by an invisible rope that connected him with the World Tree of his home world, but he also felt other bonds, weaker perhaps, but existing nonetheless, like a thousand strings binding him with the World Tree in other worlds, some near, some far, some having ceased to exist or were just about to be born. It was only then that he understood the greater mystery of the World Tree: it wasn’t just a tree that linked all the living beings of a single world, it was a tree that spanned all worlds and all times, vast beyond imagination, an entity that consisted of infinite variations of life and formed a network that was greater than space, time and death.

Tears of happiness came to his eyes and Cid’lihn let them flow down his cheeks, enjoying the wetness of his skin. For minutes -or hours?- the Eladrin enjoyed the sensation of being connected with everything, with the whole multiverse and all the wonders within it. This feeling of oneness was beyond description and for a single moment Cid’lihn felt as the World Tree must have been feeling: complete. The feeling passed as soon as it came and no more tears were formed. The druid stood up and pressed his palms against his eyes. "World Tree, I have felt you now like I never have before. I know you are part of me and I am part of you, we are the same, consist of the same essence. Grace me with understanding and wisdom, allow me to better discern the world around me." He repeated the words again and again, until he sang them like he would a song, his prayer like the wind moving the Workd Tree’s leaves. When he removed the hands from his face, his eyes glistened in the dark, for a time able to perceive the magic imbuing the cavern and the flow of energy surrounding the gigantic stone placed at the very center of the chamber.

Slowly he walked down the steps, trying to make sense of the patterns before his eyes: patterns of ancient letters, their meaning lost to time, patterns of currents of energy colliding among themselves, forming other, new currents, patterns of places far away and patterns of events past, present and future intermingled. The steps led him to the labyrinth of stone around the monolith, a labyrinth meant to represent the countless emanations of the one – or at least that was the Eladrin’s interpretation of it. He entered the labyrinth and wandered the narrow paths, choosing always to turn right when the chance presented itself. What had initially been exciting soon became frustrating as the giant stone seemed to grow larger only to become smaller again when the druid turned around the next corner. It was then that an idea formed in his mind. An elf has no option but follow the path between the stone walls, but not all life forms have to follow such rules. A spider certainly doesn’t!

Cid’lihn closed his eyes and pictured a giant wolf spider. The connection between the two was strong, like two leaves hanging from the same branch. They breathed the same air, they perceived the world through their eyes, felt pain and hunger, two sides of the same coin. The young druid’s form started feeling more fluid, his body started changing, spidery legs grew from his chest, his eyes multiplied, thick hair replaced his clothes. Within moments Cid’lihn had turned into another being entirely, a creature capable of climbing walls with little effort. Before long, the Eladrin-turned-spider would reach the monolith and then… And then he would know the secret of the rosewood tree.

Old 09-17-2020, 11:39 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem
Under The Rosewoods Roots
Cid'lihn, the Eladrin shifter of forms, knower of the grand connection, moved upon eight dexterous limbs.
Crawling with arachnids grace, the boy found his way to the base of the centre-stone. Cid'lihn then looked within him self and arrived at the place where his connection to the magick of divination originated. Looking outward, through his glowing eight eyes, the boy could see luminous auras.

Before him, the chiseled features of the megalith, intricately defined decorates of old. Glowed with a pale grey aura, that Cid'lihn knew to be of transmutation.

Last edited by Aoem; 09-17-2020 at 11:41 PM.
Old 09-18-2020, 01:14 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Cid’lihn
left-aligned image
The great monolith rose before the Eladrin-turned-spider like a gigantic tree of carved stone, a pillar to mark the center of the chamber, perhaps even the center of the multiverse. Cid’lihn reverted back to his true form and circled the large stone a few times. Being so close to it made it impossible to get a proper look at the lines and patterns decorating the monolith‘s middle and upper sections. The druid believed that it was exactly these carvings that gave the stone its power though he was at a loss to explain its aura of transmutation.

Why transmutation?, wondered Cid’lihn. Would not an aura of conjuration suit this ancient place better? Isn’t its purpose to connect the different worlds like a travel hub spanning different planes and dimensions? Realizing that he would never be able to determine the true nature of the monolith by his meager knowledge of the wondrous and the magical alone, the Eladrin approached the pillar until he stood directly before it. A small voice inside him warned him of the megalith possibily being a trap, but Cid’lihn chose to ignore it. Why would someone go to such great lengths only to create a trap at a place like this? Besides, he felt no danger emanating from the stone, only mystery. No, he had come too far to turn back now.

Determined to finally get an answer to his many questions, the druid follower of the World Tree resolutely touched the monolith with his right hand, hoping to activate the pillar‘s powers. For a moment the elf‘s heart stopped beating, it was as if time itself had stopped. And then…
Old 09-20-2020, 01:46 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem
oocElanir, Quick ooc note, i’ll be out of town, (in the woods) for a few days, be back soon!