RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 09-08-2020, 04:33 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1715
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noquarter19 View Post
I suddenly want to make a gnome who is your brother, named Einhorn.

Name: Einhorn

Race: Forest Gnome

Class: Wizard, Abjuration School

WIP
If you can weave one into my overly long and rambling story, then feel free. I can amend mine to include you if you like.
Old 09-08-2020, 05:18 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 661
VaultDweller VaultDweller VaultDweller VaultDweller VaultDweller VaultDweller
Please let me know if I'm missing anything in my application.

Ralf HeberholdName: Ralf Heberhold

Race:Human (variant)

Class: Rogue

Background: Criminal/Spy

Backstory: Growing up in Riften, you have few options for a career path if you’re not born a noble. You can work in the mines, you can work in the mills, you can work on the docks…….or you can work in the underground. Ralf chose to work in the underground. He and his friends grew up hungry, as many of the peasants of Riften do, so they stole what they could to keep their families fed. Ralf made a name for himself by being particularly talented at thievery, but also because he always looked out for his friends. As teens, he and a small group of friends were approached by one of the crime syndicates that ran the Riften underworld. Ralf spent the better part of his twenties learning the ins and outs of that underworld, and he came to see just how nasty the rivalries between the syndicates could get. He was nearly killed during a measly breaking and entering job by assassins of a rival group. After that, he went everywhere armed, and he even undertook some assassination jobs of his own. After several years, Ralf wanted to branch out and see other places in the world. He had heard about Whiterun, and figured that if anywhere else had a seedy underbelly to be a part of, it had to be the largest city in the kingdom that had led the Great War. Ralf had read about the war, but being born after its end, the only world he knew was one where mankind was struggling to regain its footing in the land.

He didn’t realize just how bad things were until he made the journey from Riften to Whiterun. Along the way, he saw people barely scraping by, worse off than anything he knew from growing up on the streets. He even made a little money on the journey by offering to help clear monsters out of farmlands here and there. Once he made it to Whiterun, he had changed from a simple thief…a great thief, but a thief nonetheless, to a person who wanted to help people rebuild their lives. He toured the city, getting the lay of the land so to speak, and was searching for where he might find a thieves’ guild, or other underground cadre he could throw his lot in with. He found himself in front of one of the city’s taverns, and made his way inside. Before he could find a seat, he glanced at a notice hung near the door. The notice was an advertisement by someone called Stonoff, looking for people of great ability to help the people of the kingdom. Ralf noted the location of this meeting, inquired about it at the bar, and made his way there.

Old 09-09-2020, 06:46 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 901
Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19
Quote:
Originally Posted by triedtherest View Post
If you can weave one into my overly long and rambling story, then feel free. I can amend mine to include you if you like.
I liked your overly long and rambling story. And here's mine.
Old 09-09-2020, 01:08 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1077
Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot
Hi,

Which version of Ranger would be being used?

Also does Eberron stuff being allowed in classes allow for Dragonmarked Humans?

Thanks

Last edited by Zealot; 09-09-2020 at 01:12 PM.
Old 09-09-2020, 03:26 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1715
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noquarter19 View Post
I liked your overly long and rambling story. And here's mine.
It looks good, and I am perfectly happy with us role-playing as brothers if we are both selected.
Old 09-09-2020, 03:37 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6030
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
zealot the one in the core rules, and yes you can use dragon marked humans
Old 09-09-2020, 10:35 PM
Wandering Sage

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2326
Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid
Application
right-aligned image

Name:Korik "Father" Copperbeard
Race Mountain Dwarf, old and sturdy and gets the job done.
Class: 3rd lvl Artificer, Battle Smith
Background: Hermit

Backstory
"Old man Copperbeard" got tiring after awhile, so he took on the title of Father. Seemed more...respectable. Also, kept the apprentices in line longer before they started snickering and slacking off when he wasn't looking. Besides, these humans seemed to come and go like the seasons. There weren't a lot of other longer lived folks that he got to share a coffee and a smoke with over the years. But that suited "Pops" just fine. With a chuckle he thought through the many names the apprentices would call him, many of which they deny to this day. That was just fine. He'd been called worse by people who knew better and meant it.

Father Copperbeard was a mainstay at the forges in Whiterun. His knowledge of smithing was invaluable to the many human smiths he’d helped train in the decades of recovery after the war. Sure they’d ask, but with a glare and a heavy hammer blow on a glowing hot blade to emphasize his silence, the conversations rarely drifted towards why he didn’t live with his kin. There were enough “current events” to focus on anyways.

These human lands were going to recover, Pops knew that for sure. In some places he’d already seen second generation young’uns that he’d given instruction to himself. Still Whiterun was good, but it wasn’t enough. The trips to Rorikstead helped make the difference. It was easy enough to see why the heavily chorded muscles of the dwarf working his forge hammer, or his extensive knowledge of ores in picking the choicest stocks, helped literally rebuild the human lands after the wars. But on those trips that ventured near the badlands, for it seemed that the faster travel was always the more dangerous, the presence of the old dwarf, and his loyal construct “Hatpack” that followed him, was seen as a good omen indeed. For anyone who knew how to repair wagon wheels, struts, and any other thing that might break down and delay the company’s progress out of the deadly lands was a good thing. The fact that the dwarf also knew how to treat some combat wounds, even in seemingly magical ways, was often never overlooked, but rarely spoken of so as to protect him from getting into too much trouble with the Clergy and their bureaucratic mercantile ways of handling aid to the helpless.

There were a lot of reasons why Pops stayed behind after the war. Some thought he’d seen too many of his kin die, or that he’d lost someone important to him. It was tough to say. Maybe he’d been exiled, but for someone who rarely ever raised his voice even in general conversation, he was far too mild mannered to back even the most mundane of malicious thoughts. Some things just didn’t make sense about Pops. But then again, “It doesn’t have to make sense to work! Now just do it..” As Pops would say.

In the meantime...

Last edited by Nomadic druid; 09-19-2020 at 06:13 AM.
Old 09-10-2020, 10:30 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
page6e23
<O> APPLICATION <O>
right-aligned image
Name: Ritta Lenosa
Race: Human
Class: Warlock of the Hexblade, blade pact
Background: criminal
Alignment: neutral (good)
Ideal: actions speak louder than words
Flaw: everybody hides something
Bond: the families who hid her are still out there struggling

Appearance: Ritta is a slender young woman, dressed in practical clothes but wearing ribbons in her hair. This is something she really enjoys, though she has dark green, brown and gray ones for wilderness travels. Her auburn hair either flows freely (which she loves very much) or is tied into a ponytail. She is a little tall for a woman, but nothing extraordinary.

Backstory:
Ritta was born in Falkreath to a small, insignificant noble family. She was taught etiquette and social nicities, to become a perfect wife for an advantageous political marriage. She never liked the prospect, however, and also fell in love with the family hunter's son, Tomas. They had secret trysts many times, and Ritta managed to convince him to help her escape.

However, during the escape she also stabbed to death a visiting noblewoman, a known diabolist, as she heard her threaten her parents several times since childhood. It was murder in cold blood, and she was not prepared for its emotional consequences, and still has nightmares, 4 years after the event. This also meant that they could not escape in quiet, as the hunt was on fairly quickly, and by the time they got rid of the pursuers, Tomas was dying from several wounds. In the end, he pierced his own throat to make Ritta go, before they could catch up with them.

After this, Ritta stalked the countryside for a long time, more than two years. During that time she often slept in peasants' barns, sometimes with their permission, sometimes without. One night, during a high moon, she had a vision, about a hazy female figure performing incredible moves with two swords. At the end of the 'dance', she turned towards Ritta. "You can do this, too. Do this, instead of stabbing people in the back. And making the world a better place. Are you interested?" And she woke up with a gasp. For the next couple of months the vision returned regularly, and eventually she agreed to learn and become an arcane warrior. She learned during her dreams only, but practiced a lot when she was alone. This time meant stealing food, often joining a highwaymen group or other, working as muscle for a thieves' guild, or a travelling noble.

A few months before the story starts, she gathered her courage and crossed the borders, several times fighting her way through small groups of Falkreath soldiers. She never sought out a fight, only engaged when she couldn't stalk away.

Now Ritta is in Whiterun, hoping to make a difference, as was promised by that mysterious female in her dreams.

Last edited by page6e23; 09-20-2020 at 04:37 PM.
Old 09-10-2020, 10:48 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
page6e23
I used a lot of formatting from other applications, hopefully it's not a problem
Old 09-10-2020, 12:03 PM
For Sanguinius!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4143
Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon
Quote:
Originally Posted by page6e23 View Post
I used a lot of formatting from other applications, hopefully it's not a problem
Best way to get it done while you're learning the ropes!

Also, posting interest. Been watching this thread for a bit, as I had other applications pending. Now that they are resolved, I will be putting something together for this one. A very interesting approach to a setting!
Old 09-10-2020, 10:51 PM
Wandering Sage

Tools
User Statistics
Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid
how do you feel about crafting golems or other forms of constructs as tools and assistants? homunculus and the like from the Eberron campaign setting? I had an idea of an old man dwarf that had a pet chest that followed him around on all four legs, and maybe the dwarf rides his treasure chest from time to time. Also....
Old 09-12-2020, 01:31 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 114
Rapsodos Rapsodos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Togot View Post
rapsodos, i make it my policy to try and add a sixth player who is new so they can learn
That seems cool.
Old 09-12-2020, 07:10 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2301
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
It occurred to me that I forgot to give you a name for my character.
Perhaps he should be Marvin the Lesser (His uncle is the greater Marvin.)

Edit: Do you need more information? If so, what?

Last edited by Ericg1s; 09-13-2020 at 04:59 PM.
Old 09-12-2020, 09:56 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 813
theclaytster theclaytster theclaytster theclaytster theclaytster theclaytster theclaytster
Karel Marr
right-aligned image
Name: Karel Marr
Race: Human (Variant)
Class: Fighter (Cavalier)
Background: Soldier
Alignment: Lawful-Neutral

Appearance: Though only slightly above average height, Karel is exceedingly strong and heavily-muscled man. His face is chiseled with sharp cheekbones covered by a full beard. A large scar, hidden by a solid black tattoo runs from his left eye down down his jaw into his beard, occasionally oozing red and wet; a matching tattoo is on the right side. Karel's eyes are very light blue and his hair is coal black. An ice wolf pelt is affixed over his helm..

Personality Trait: My friends know they can rely on me, no matter what.
Ideals: Non-Sold Honor. I never break my promises. Never.
Bond: Those who fight beside me are those worth dying for.
Flaw: The monstrous enemy we faced in battle still leaves me quivering with fear.

Backstory: Karel has little prior memory to the war with Winterhold; only glimpses of strangers and places with no apparent meaning. He had been married. She was one of the few people he remembered. A lock of her auburn braided hair was tied around his neck. But each time he tries to remember other memories, a searing pain sears his head. Its only when he is sleeping what few memories of his previous life creep to light. There is one in particular he cannot forget. Dusk had overtaken the his small group. It was cold and misting. A light fog surrounded them. He could hear the screams of his comrades, some he could see sprawled on the ground. Then he saw it. The shadowy figure of a man, or some creature, dressed in all black swinging a horrifying blackened mace at his head. He knows it hit. He has the unhealing scar on the left side of his head as proof. Darkness always follows with a brief feeling of falling. It has been years since he has stopped waking up in the middle of the night screaming, but the haunting memory is always there. That shadowy figure always there. But what was it?

What ensued was a test of true survival. Left for dead, he lay on a small cliff suffering from various impact wounds only barely managing to find a protective cave to recover. Here, for only the gods to understand, he formed an unusual alliance with a lone ice wolf. After months of recuperation and many more travelling facing unbelievable hardship and danger wandering through the enemy territory of Winterhold avoiding detection, Karel manages to return to Windhelm. His faithful companion, the ice wolf, had died along the way, giving it's life to save defend Karel.

The story of his survival slowly made it from village to village, changing as stories do, eventually making it to ears of those in his village. What should have been joyous news brought instead sorrow and pain. A merchant revealed that only one of his comrades had survived, though went insane ultimately taking his own life, constantly blubbering about demonic creatures attacking them. As for his wife, she had remarried. He does not know how she reacted to the news of his survival. Whether out of selfishness, pity, sorrow, or pride, he left Windhelm, heading west taking on jobs as a caravan guard, all the while distancing himself from his past, trying to make something of his future.

It had been seven years since the war with Winterhold ended when Karel arrived in Whiterun. Those years had been fruitful. For the most part, he had accepted his fate. He had honed his skills and set the ground work on his fighting style while gaining a reputation as a stalwart guard. Yet that one memory still haunts him. Who or what attacked them? Karel often asks his deity Virion for answers, but has yet to receive a response. He still wears the braided hair necklace and occasionally drinks a private toast to the health and well being of his wife.
Old 09-16-2020, 09:48 PM
Wandering Sage

Tools
User Statistics

Last edited by Nomadic druid; 09-16-2020 at 10:01 PM.