RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 09-13-2020, 07:09 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10354
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot
Warhammer 4e: Storm of Iron

Game NameWarhammer 4e: Storm of Iron
Game SystemOther Roleplaying Games
ThemeGritty Military Siege, Long Odds
FlavourMilitary Campaign, Defenders of Humanity
Plot SummaryChaos rose and invaded the lands. At great cost the hordes were beaten back and the armies returned to their field. However the Emperor Karl Franz refused to accept this and ordered a survey of his empire. Tithes were drawn, censuses were taken, and advice was solicited advice from Elves, Dwarfs, and Experts of all types. The damning report came out and Emperor Franz was furious. His empire was weak and a corrupt. In this realization of vulnerability has spent uncounted crowns fortifying their borders, cities, and towns. Nobles were exiled, killed, and arrested and new families put in their place. Robber-Baron Merchants had their empires seized and swathes of the Old Guard were retired. New Fortress on the border were created, millions were put to work repairing and replacing old works, and regular patrols once again rode the highways bringing a new level of safety to its citizens. For 30 years this great work continued and in his twilight years finally rested. Passing his crown to his son, Karl Franz the Second, he finally retired. His son was cut from the same cloth and carried out his father's final vision.

Now a few years have passed however Chaos is insidious and never rests. The new city-fortress, Fort Solace, has fallen. Messengers were turned from its outpost and trade stopped completely. The Empire scratched its head and than it learned. A trade caravan came under fire and that night the forbidden 8 pointed star of chaos blazed across the ramparts. Admirals suddenly reported a fleet of Norsemen on route to the fortress and the younger Emperor faced his first crisis of his rule. Armies are being raised and the war horns are sounding again. Seeking a fortune, you turn to a muster point to join the Free Company.

The WorldSo this is taking part of a home-brew world I have created for this campaign. The End-Times never occurred, and was instead replaced by a major invasion of Chaos, Undead, and a Skaven uprising. The various threats were beaten back and Karl Franz ordered a survey of his Empire. A massive 32 year revival and mass government spending has completed however one of the new projects, Fort Solace, has fallen to the influence of a chaos cult. Overlooking the main shipping route into Marienburg, it had just been refinished with a massive star fort set up on the cliffs and a series of fortified border towers overlook the roads heading into the city and fort. Now that fortification has been threatened and the Empire is raising its banners to take it back before Chaos reinforcements can arrive to reinforce the fort.

HomebrewAs this is a Home-Brew we are going to be using some Home Brew rules as well. This will be incorporating some rules from the Only War series mainly, the homeworlds (Redone as Home Cities) and the squad system. Basically every person will have a squad mate that can aid them in tasks and combat. I will go over it in greater details in game, but mechanically they are simple.

The Home CitiesYou may pick one of these at creation. They give you some bonuses, some negatives, and some traits. I am just going to list the mechanics but basically you originate from the city named

Kislev
Wounds +3
Pick two and +3 to each: Dexterity, Strength, or Toughness
+5 to Outdoor Survival
Illiterate- May not take Reading/Writing
Hardened People- Pick 1 of the following:Alert- Roll 2d10 for Initiative and take better; Light Sleeper- Always assumed to be awake for purposes of ambushing; Resistance Poison

Ostermark
Pick two and +3 to each: Weapon Skill, Willpower, or Toughness
+3 to Language (Reikspiel), Lore Ostermark, Lore Empire
Hatred-Mutants
War Trained- Pick 1: Sprinter or Nerves of Steel (Reroll tests to avoid Pinning, +10 to Willpower to deal with Fear or Intimidation)

High Born
-1 Wound
Pick two and +3 to each: Fellowship, Intelligence, or Weapon Skill
+3 to Lore Administration, Gossip, and one Language (Albion, Classical, Battle Tongue, or Tilean)
Noble Raised- -10 to Fellowship tests with non nobles or rich, +10 to Fellowship tests with Nobles and Rich.
+10 to Logistic Tests

Altdorf
-1 Wound
Pick two and +3 to each: Agility, Fellowship, or Intelligence
+3 to Lore Empire, Charm, Language Riekspiel
Crowd Raised- No check to run through a crowd
-10 to Outdoor Survival
City Child- Pick 1: Heightened Sense Hearing, Paranoid- +2 to Initiative Tests GM rolls secretly to notice hidden threats, or Beneath Notice

Town
+3 to Willpower and +3 to any other Trait
+3 to Lore Empire, Lore Religion, Language Riekspiel
-5 to any "Forbidden" Lore Tests
Hatred-Mutants
Additional Fate and Resilience

Pentinet
+2 Wounds
Pick two and +3 to each: 3 to Fellowship, Toughness, or Willpower
+5 to Lore Religion, +3 to Pray, Language Riekspiel
War Trained- Pick 1: Nerves of Steel (Reroll tests to avoid Pinning, +10 to Willpower to deal with Fear or Intimidation); Orthopoxy- +20 to Resist Mind attacks or Interrogation however lacks a sense of humor; Untempered Zeal- May re-roll any charm roll to inspire religious fervor or righteous hatred.

City
+3 to Dexterity and +3 to any other Trait
+3 to Lore Empire, Consume Alcohol, Language Riekspiel, Gossip
Crowd Raised- No check to run through a crowd
Additional Fate and Resilience

Foreign- Non-Human Only
+3 to Agility or Strength, +3 to Intelligence, +3 Willpower, +3 to Weapon Skill or Ballistic Skill
+3 to Lore (Race), Language (Race), Lore (Race Religion)
-10 to any interactions with uneducated humans (Non Nobles or Wizards)
Hatred-Chaos

Character CreationBeside picking your Home City, you will gain some additional bonuses at the start of the game however you won't know them until the game starts as it will describe the regiment you are in such as your commander's personality, standard gear, and regiment traits.

Beside the above changes, character creation will follow the 4e rulebook.

ApplicationSo here is what I need for an application. If you feel the need to roll something, please send me a PM. The Admins have asked us not to roll in advert threads.

Name: Everyone has one

Race: Pick or roll

Career: Rolling will give you some bonus exp but hey picking is nice.

Home City: Chosen from above

Personality: How do you act and carry yourself

Description: What do you look like and dress like?

Background: This can be brief. Remember most of you will be no name soldiers in a Free Company. You should not be high and mighty warriors and heroes.

Motivation:Both the one on your character sheet and why you are joining the army for this campaign

Role-Playing: Please role-play your enlisting. This is mostly occurring in Altdorf but also the towns, inns, and taverns surrounding the city.
Hope everyone is well! Thursday afternoon is IRL (Or Discord for now) Gaming Group and teaching until 3:00 PM weekdays. Posting will be infrequent during those times but I will probably be checking in on my phone if it is urgent.

Last edited by mightymconeshot; 09-13-2020 at 07:09 PM.
Old 09-13-2020, 07:09 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot
Reserved.
Hope everyone is well! Thursday afternoon is IRL (Or Discord for now) Gaming Group and teaching until 3:00 PM weekdays. Posting will be infrequent during those times but I will probably be checking in on my phone if it is urgent.
Old 09-14-2020, 04:24 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3504
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Hey mighty, I'd be happy to join this game! I'll send you a PM with the necessary rolls, and write up an application in the next few days .
Old 09-14-2020, 05:36 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 318
Chevaliers Chevaliers Chevaliers Chevaliers
I've not played WFRP before but I'm interested in applying. Would you mind having a newcomer?
Old 09-14-2020, 01:34 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
New people are welcome. I am more than happy to teach the rules, but you have to have your own source of them.
Old 09-14-2020, 02:45 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1079
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
rolled 11 and 65, Human Riverwarden

WIP

Klaus
right-aligned image

Name: Klaus Sachs
Race: Human
Career: Riverwarden
Home City: Town

Personality: Living for the majority of his life as a sailor, he's very superstitious. Finds it hard to trust people, but when the manages to trust someone, he's fiercely loyal to them. Having spent the majority of his life as a violent force of authority he tends to respond to most stressful situations with intimidation or violence.

Description: In his early fourties, Klaus has two long moustaches that look greasy in the wrong way, he sports a leather jacket that looks like it used to be a parto of a uniform, but the colours are faded and the symbols have been removed.

Background: Native of Brookwater, Klaus has been a part of the Riverwardens of Marienburg for the majority of his life, patrolling riverways to the Manannsport Sea. Now, the 9th Unit was extremely corrupt, and had deals with The River Rats, a band of thugs and smugglers from Marienburg. The Unit would routinely let through the River Rats boats, while being intransigent with anyone else, even getting to the point to extort protection money to mercantile boats.

Klaus enjoyed the gold and benefits he was getting from the job, but unfortunately the 9th Unit got greedy and a Merchant, tired of losing a hefty part of his income to drunk bandits with a badge, managed to pull a favour from the Directorate of Marienburg and had the Unit disbanded.

Motivation: Both the short and the long term motivation for Klaus is gold. Deeper than that he's looking for another band of brothers that he can be violent and drunk with, but he probably doesn't know himself. As he and his buddies didged the executioner's axe by a hair, he want to recreate the same situation he's been living for the last fifteen years.

Role-Playing:
"Klaus Sachs, me lad!"
"Are you here to enlist in..?"
"Of course I'm here to enlist, you muzzly rum-gagger!"
"Can you..?"
"Of course I can, lad! Used to be a riverwarden, and a good one at that! If I wrestled the famed chaos gator I can do it all!"
"I understand, but could you..?""How dare you -mere scribe- doubt my skill?" Klaus pointed at the recruitment officer's hand "I'd wager those dainty fingers never had to pry open the teeth of a pirate that swallowed pearls to try and fetch them back!"
"Sign!"
"But that a great story, boy!"
"Sure, sign here and get out."

Walking out of the enlisting tent, a smiling Klaus patted the back of a man he was cueing with before "Don't worry lad, they don't ask about no priors, if you don't leave them the time to talk!"

Last edited by Ursinorum; 09-22-2020 at 01:55 PM.
Old 09-14-2020, 04:49 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
If you are from the city itself and were raised there the city choice would work. The town is for coming from the country side/more remote areas.

I may go through and add some more as well. Those are just the ones I converted from the Core Book.

Your choice on that. If you don't include one, you will just be partnered with a person when you join the regiment. If include one, I will assume you enlisted together.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:01 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3504
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
applicationApplication's done, although I should probably still find myself a suitable picture. Sorry about the delay, its been a hectic few days! Anyway, let me know what you think, any and all feedback is welcome!

Name: Vasili Kiryakov
Species: Human
Class: Burgher
Career: Artisan
Home City: Kislev

Personality
A burly, boisterous man with a carefree approach to life, and a cavalier approach to everything else. Like many Kislevites, Vasili knows that nothing should be taken for granted- all can be swept away by fickle fate tomorrow, if not sooner. This, combined with the fact that Vasili started out with nothing to begin with, explains why the Kislevite lives his life from day to day, caring little for what the morning might bring.

As a consequence of this attitude, Vasili is ruled by his emotions. He tends to react before he thinks things through- stopping to consider the consequences of his words or actions simply doesn't fit his way of living in the moment. And even if it did, the Kislevite learned at a young age that debates and compromises only lead to you losing half of what you want. After all, surviving on the unforgiving streets of Erengrad means not backing down on principle; that way, others will know you're willing to fight for what you need to survive.

Despite this somewhat confrontational nature, Vasili is overall a friendly, honest person. To him, life's too short to hold grudges- why waste time being angry, if tomorrow you might be dead?

Description
Tall, broad of shoulder and boasting a thick, blonde beard which reaches to half way down his chest, it is easy to mistake Vasili for a Norscan raider. Tattoos of bears and lighting decorate his thick, muscular arms. His dark blue eyes are often bloodshot from nights of drinking Kvas around the campfire, and dozens of tiny scars on his hands, feet and back speak of a rough childhood on the streets of Erengrad. Since reaching the Empire, Vasili often weas little clothing- the climate is far too hot for the Kislevite, something he complains about often.

Background
Vasili's life started in Erengrad, where he spent his childhood on the streets after both his parents (not to mention several aunts and uncles) were killed by the Chaos hordes some thirty years ago. He speaks little of that time, in which survival meant working every job and eating every scrap he could get his hands on, no matter how unpleasant. At a young age, Vasili joined a group of orphans for protection, and quickly learned to stand up for himself- both from outside threats and from rivals within the gang.

One day, he broke into the local inn's pantry, hoping he'd find food for himself and the others in his gang. Unfortunately, the boy was caught by the innkeeper- but luckily, the innkeeper took pity on him. The old man, who went by the name Grigori Orlov, had lost his only son during the Norscan invasions, and now saw in Vasiliy what fate might've fallen his son if he himself had died instead. So, rather than have the child's right hand chopped off for theft, he offered Vasili a job working in the tavern.

Vasili accepted and, working his way up through the ranks, replaced the inn's cook at the age of ten, when his predecessor died in an accident involving an escaped circus bear. These were happy years for Vasili, and he eagerly learned the secrets of the oven, stove and distillery. He even found a woman he lost his heart to- Anushka, daughter of a local fur trader. And that was when the trouble started.

While Anushka did reciprocate Vasili's affections, she was promised by her father to another- one who was known as the leader of Erengrad's criminal underworld. When the thug got wind of Anushka's betrayal, he sent his men to teach Vasili a lesson- one involving a thick rope, a heavy rock and the bottom of the sea. Fearing for his life, Vasili fled the city, hiding himself on a merchant ship bound for the Empire. For two months, Vasili remained hidden on the lower decks, hiding among the cargo which, fortunately, included several barrels filled with pickled meat. Vasili planned to wait out the journey and then escape the ship, starting a new life at whatever destination the captain had in mind. Yet, once again, fate had something different in store.

The ship was discovered by a Norscan raider, and soon the pirates had boarded the ship Vasili was on. Not willing to simply wait for the Norscans to kill everyone and sink the vessel, Vasili ran forward, a belaying pin in each hand, cracking Norscan skulls left and right. After almost an hour of fighting, the pirates decided to retreat, leaving the survivors to continue their journey. The captain, Adelbert Gottfried, was grateful for Vasili's actions during the fight, and decided not to make him walk the plank for stowing away on his ship- indeed, with the ship all but crippled and more than half his crew dead, Gottfried realized he'd need every able-bodied man just to reach Marienburg.

Miraculously, the ship survived the second leg of the voyage. But the damage had been done- half the cargo had been used to make the most vital of repairs to the ship, and the other half had been thrown overboard to ensure the vessel would sink less rapidly. While the ship was able to limp into port, it would never sail again, and the captain had lost his last piece of gold on the endeavour. What was left of his crew scattered into the city- except for Vasili, who decided to stay with the captain. Together they made their way down the Reik to Altdorf, where Adelbert hoped to meet with associates of his and have them help fund another expedition to restore his fortunes. Unfortunately, what few merchant lords had survived the purge of Karl Franz decided not to invest further into a captain who had literally lost everything- ship, cargo and crew.

Both of them penniless, Vasili and Adelbert decided to join up for the muster to retake Fort Solace- they had heard there were plenty of mercenaries being hired to fight, and the free companies were always hiring...

Motivation
Freedom. Vasili lives his life the way he wants to, refusing to let himself be limited by the expectations of others. Despite this urge for freedom, Vasili has decided he is going to help Adelbert Gottfriend earn enough gold to buy himself a new ship. He feels that he owes the captain a debt for not turning him in after being found out as a stowaway- and besides, the prospect of serving as a ship's cook seems much more enticing than being tied down in one of Altdorf's poorest inns.

Role-playing
When the last person in line before them finally stepped away from the recruitment officer's table, Vasili and Adelbert stepped forward- the former with a wide grin, the latter wearing an uncertain expression. 'Hello,' Vasili said, beaming at the recruitment officer who, at this point, was looking rather bored. 'We are the signing up for the fighting here, yes?'

The mousy, monocle-wearing officer looked at the pair, letting out a long sigh as he plucked two empty contracts from the pile. Dipping his quill in ink, he didn't even bother looking up at the would-be cannon fodder. 'Name and occupation?' he asked, his tone of voice revealing he didn't much care about either.

'Vasili Kiryakov, cook, then sailor,' the Kislevite replied. 'And this,' he continued, slapping his companion on the back enthusiastically, 'is Adelbert Gottfried, captain of ship Suesses Maedel.'

At this, the officer lifted his head, looking up at Adelbert with one thin eyebrow raised. 'Captain?' he said, incredulously, doubt in his voice. 'In that case, perhaps you would be better off applying with the Imperial Navy? They pay more, after all.' Narrowing his eyes, he looked intently at Adelbert. 'Where was your ship anchored, exactly?'

Adelbert opened his mouth to answer, but Vasili beat him to it. 'At bottom of Marienburg harbor!' he said loudly, earning him a pained look from Adelbert. Looking from the recruitment officer to the captain and back, Vasili shrugged. 'Pirates, they come and fight us, so Vasili he cracks their heads. Crew saved! Ship, not so much,' he admitted.

'I see,' the recruitment officer said with a shrug, already losing interest. 'Well, the company certainly has room for you both. Just don't get any ideas in that head of yours,' he added, jabbing his quill in Adelbert's direction. 'captain, peasant or count, we all fight, bleed and die when we're told to. No exceptions.' At this revelation Adelbert's expression fell even further, but Vasili guffawed. 'Not worry, little man! Although I is thinking, is much better to make other side bleed and die, no?' Grinning, he grabbed the proferred document, looked down at it in confusion, then looked back up again. 'What say this scribbling?' he asked, while Adelbert simply shook his head, signing the contract with his name.

Sighing, the officer made an off-handed gesture at the contract. 'Illiterate, eh? Well, this explains how much money you will get, the punishment for desertion, etcetera, etcetera...'

'I looked it over,' Adelbert chimed in under his breath. 'It is... Acceptable, as far as these contracts go. Just sign your name at the bottom.'

Vasili frowned at his friend. 'I cook food. I break skulls. Food and skulls, they not ask for writing,' he said by way of explanation.

Just... Just draw a cross at the bottom, the officer instructed Vasili, pinching the bridge of his nose at having yet another illiterate's mark.

'Good!' Vasili barked happily, taking the quill from Adelbert and drawing two long, intersecting lines on the bottom half of the paper. 'Now we is having job, my friend,' he laughed, slapping Adelbert on the shoulder again. 'We make big fortune now, buy you new ship! Better ship! Yes?'

Adelbert shrugged as he turned around and walked away from the table. 'Assuming we survive, yes.'

Now it was Vasili's turn to shrug, although his expression was much happier than his friend's. 'Well, if we are going dead... Then no more problems, yes?'

Despite the situation, Adelbert chuckled weakly. 'Never change, Vasili. Never change.'

Old 09-16-2020, 08:05 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
That is one in so far. Looking for a minimum of 4. Hoping to get a few more of the group from Herb's to join us and some new blood.
Old 09-19-2020, 03:32 PM
Emotionally void Runner

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1016
Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb
I'm happy with it...feel free to review and let me know!

Odi

Name: Odi
Race: Wood Elf
Career: Pit Fighter
Home Town: City

Personality: Odi is a bright rowdy spark of life, that not even his lowly upbringing as a street kid, turned thief, and eventual fighting slave in the underground fights could destroy. Ever the optimist, he always appears to see a silver lining in what ever dark and foreboding turn his life takes. He is hard to build up trust and rapport with, even as he is friendly to almost everyone he ever meets. His mark of trust is not abandoning you in times if strife....

Description: Lean with tightly corded muscles wrapping around his frame, only concealed by the thin scraps of armour he's allowed to wear during his matches. Long loose flowing hair obscuring his face from onlookers to hide the heavy scaring across it from his early fights. His piercing blue eyes seem to be his most obvious features, and are often the part that draws the most attention.

Background: Odi was once a wood elf, until his small family was attacked and taken captive by slavers, all of this while he was still very young. Eventually they ended up in a small town where the family was split up and sold to individual owners. The last time he saw his sister and parents they were hauled off screaming to some horrid new life.

As for him however he ended up in a big city, sold again to some street gang, where he then spent the better part of his childhood, though he was never all that good at being a thief, instead taking the roles of distraction or obstacle. His life carried on like this for many a years, long into his twenties until he came afoul of a guard, tried to escape and after a twenty minute chase and several dozen members of the guard was caught, sentenced to the most unsavoury punishment of being a fighter for the crowds entertainment.

The first fight of his was very nearly the end of his fighting career as well as his life, sent out to fight against a huge mass of a man, ending the fight on his back, his face a tatter of blood and skin flaps. Spending many weeks recovering he eventually got back into training, and honed his skills, winning more fights then he lost, and gaining some small measure of respect from the fighters and crowd around him.

Once his sentence was up, he was released back into the world, with some gear and a small amount of funds, which is when he heard about the armies mustering, as fighting was all he really knew about, headed off to a muster point to sign himself up.

Motivation:

Character: Finding if his family is still alive and where they might be.
Joining the Army: Well the world is at risk, I’m a fighter...where else would I go? And the coin’s might help find my family too I guess right?

Role-Playing:

Reaching the place he’d been directed to was a lot harder then he expected, he assumed the small city he was from would be similar to the other cities, but he was dead wrong, Altdorf was huge, so easy to get lost in, and the way people seemed to give him odd looks. While looking around for the inn he was told to keep an eye out for he was nudged from behind, his head whipped around to see the offending figure was a small child ‘uhh beg’n ya pardon sir….I diden mean to bash inta ya...honest!’ the look of fear spread over the childs face as he knelt down, the fierce look on his face disappearing instantly, replaced with a friendly smile ‘Oh that’s no issue youngling!, say...you couldn’t show me where I’m supposed to go to sign up with this army? Might be a copper in it for you if you can’

At a mention of copper the boys face brightened immensly ‘ Corse I can sir! Follow me!’ and he took off at a run, swiftly followed by Odi. After a few moments they arrived at a large open area, with a line of people at a desk ‘Der ya go sir….do I get me coppa?’. Chuckling to himself as he drops a copper piece into the boys hand and pats him on the head to go join the line.

For the next hour or so the line slowly dwindled until it was his turn, facing a couple of large guards standing behind a well trimmed figure in grand clothing and a book in front of him. The figure looking up at him ‘You here to sign up? What sort of er...I’m sorry but you’re an elf yes? Why are you signing up here and not with your kin?’

‘You are my kin sir, I grew up in human cities, they fed me, trained me and kept me alive. So I’d like to return the kindess you’ve shown me, and the coins will help of course with what happens after the fighting ends of course!’

Last edited by Herb; 09-19-2020 at 04:25 PM.
Old 09-20-2020, 07:54 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I'm still searching for a portrait. Her race and career were picked, not rolled for.

Name: Frederika Schwefel
Race: Human
Career: Courtier: Duellist
Home City: Highborn (from Altdorf)

Personality: If one word were to sum up Frederika's personality it would be caution. Ever mindful that hot headedness is a quick path to getting herself skewered, her methodical approach was drilled into her by her Tilean fencing tutor, who taught her that whether she was dueling someone or starting a conversation the approach should be the same: study before you strike, don't leave yourself open and try not to fall flat on your face. After seeing how her father's rash decision cost him so dearly she is determined not to let her passions overwhelm her.

Though polite to a fault, Frederika's reserved nature can make her come across as stuffy and unfeeling, a bore in comparison to the more free spirited nobles who take up duelling. Her often dry sense of humour doesn't help matters, especially when dealing with common folk.

Description: A slender woman of average height, Frederika has managed to avoid any major disfigurement in her career thus far, though she has some small scars dotted around her body from her practice days, hard learnt lessons of her craft.

A spectacled woman with blonde hair to her waist is hardly the quintessential duelist, indeed if one were to take away her ever-present rapier she would hardly look the part going about town in an unfashionably drab grey long coat ensemble, the only spark of colour in her clothing is her sapphire scarf, a treasured gift from her father.

Background: In her younger years Frederika led a fairly easy life as the daughter of a lesser noble house, her parents mercantile interests only a distant concern. Her comfortable life was shattered when her father was accused of swindling an associate, and despite his wife and daughter's pleadings he attempted to settle the matter in a judicial duel. Though only lightly injured in the subsequent loss it was the damage to his family's reputation that truly took its toll, the psychological anguish far greater than any physical wounds.

Seeing her father turned into a distraught and defeated pariah lit a fire within the teenage Frederika, and she vowed to right this wrong in the same manner it had been committed. Scraping together enough coin to bring an old Tilean out of retirement to teach her the art of fencing, she devoted herself to her craft knowing full well there would be no other route for recourse, and gradually as her anger gave way to determination she began to understand the old man's lessons.

It was a long and arduous process but now in her mid 20s Frederika is a trained duelist, though as of late she finds more work as a bodyguard or mercenary. Despite enjoying any opportunity to put her skills to the test to she certainly can't deny that giving a would-be robber a sharp poke is hardly the best use of her skills, nor does she enjoy being little more than a bauble at a social gathering. The sudden resurgance of Chaos has given her the opportunity to uplift her family name through blood and toil, should she live through it.

Motivation: Legacy. Her family's good name tarnished, Frederika has dedicated herself to not just rehabilitating her family name, but seeing that she and her family can be proud of it once more. As someone with genuine combat skills in a hitherto peaceful time, what better way to do so than joining the fight against the Ruinous Powers?

Role-Playing:
It was a gloomy night as Frederika watched the world go by in the stagecoach's window, light drizzle coming down from the grey clouds above. A frivolous expenduture to be sure, her home was barely a half hour walk from The Hag's Head, but all the same she was glad her mother had insisted. It was the last comfort she would be having for a while, that was for sure.

Upon arriving at the tavern she spotted the recruiting sergeant outside, a grim faced man in his 50s by the look of it, sat at a table next to a fading banner. A veteran of the last war, perhaps? She'd heard tales of how the previous Emperor had led mankind to glory, but it was all before her time. There was no one else outside, so either he'd gotten his quota or no one was interested in signing up.

"Good evening, I hope I'm not too late to join up," she said matter-of-factly, the sergeant having watched her approach but still surprised to hear the question from someone like her, eyebrow cocked as he cast a quick eye over her, inevitably drawn to the rapier on her hip. Foolhardy nobles weren't uncommon as prospective recruits, but women were far rarer to see joining the queue for the chopping block.
"Well that depends, do you know how to use that, Miss? This isn't a game you know" he replied briskly as he casually gestured towards her rapier. A wry smile creeped onto Frederika's face.
"But of course, sergeant. I may not have faced the old foe but I've had my fair share of disagreements at sword point."

"Begging your pardon, but these aren't simple brigands you'll be fighting. There'll be things there you can't even imagine, they won't turn tail just because you point a sword at them. Are you sure you can handle that?" he interjected as he got up from his seat to argue the point.

"I appreciate your concern for my wellbeing, Sergeant, believe me. But I'm not a fool here on a whim, though I'll wager you've already had plenty of those sign their lives away today. The state troops would never take a woman so I'm here to do my duty, I won't sit idly by while the fate of the world is fought over." Her smile had disappeared, replaced by a stone-faced expression that made no secret of her conviction as she advanced towards him, stopping to pick up the quill that rested by the recruiting list.
"All the same any advice you could give I'd more than happily take. My goal is not to die in this endeavour but rather to act bravely and still draw breath at the end of the it."

The sergeant sighed, it was clear this young lady wasn't going to be dissuaded. As she elegantly made her signature at the bottom of theist, he made good on her request.

"In that case welcome aboard. It goes without saying but if the swine is swinging a sword at you that's bigger than him, Miss....Schwegel, don't try to block it with yours!"
Old 09-20-2020, 04:06 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Haven't done a full read but I will soon.

Demon- Did you keep your random rolls or rearrange them? We also need to chat about your doomed before the game starts.

For Herb and Chevaliers- I want you both to be aware that playing the characters you are, you will run into some sexism/racism/classism from people.
Old 09-20-2020, 04:51 PM
Emotionally void Runner

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1016
Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb
That's fine! It adds to the experience!

Mine is also purely picked btw so no rolls from me.
Old 09-20-2020, 05:03 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Sure thing, I expected as much. Cheers for the heads up all the same.
Old 09-20-2020, 05:24 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 55
Junebug82
This sounds really interesting. How many people will you be accepting?

edited to ask if this is the book being used for character creation (https://www.cubicle7games.com/produc...play-rulebook/)

Last edited by Junebug82; 09-20-2020 at 10:47 PM. Reason: to add a question