Other EARTHDAWN: Playing the Possibilities: Delving the Depths. - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 07-01-2019, 12:58 AM
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5134
Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald
Sorry, life has not been kind. I'll have an update in a day, I should be able to get a proper introduction to the game going then.

Many apologies!
Old 07-01-2019, 11:48 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3131
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
No worries, I'm away from home this whole week anyway, so don't hurry on my account. I just wanted to check in.
Old 07-01-2019, 09:17 PM
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!

Tools
User Statistics
Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald
I would like to invite SalmonMax and gwythion to come and join us in the Earthdawn game.

Last edited by Karhald; 07-01-2019 at 09:30 PM.
Old 06-10-2020, 11:27 AM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
wsocrates
Hello. I would like to join this game if I can. I just made the account but I have been playing Earthdawn since the mid 90s and for the last few years I have been gming but I have not been able to find a group to play in.
Old 06-10-2020, 11:54 AM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 37074
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
@wsocrates - Welcome to the site. Note that you are posting in a thread that was last active in 2019. A spot in the game might no longer be available.
Old 06-10-2020, 07:25 PM
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks Zevonian, but the game is actually looking for more players.

I'll send a message to wsocrates, but since they only posted once and then disappeared, it's not looking very positive.
Old 06-10-2020, 07:59 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 37074
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
@Karhald - Cool that you're still running your game.

@wsocrates - You need to get your post count to four or higher so you can respond to PMs from would be GMs.
Old 08-19-2020, 09:29 AM
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!

Tools
User Statistics
Now accepting new applications.

Current group: Human wizard with a penchant for baked goods.
T'Skrang Swordmaster with a sharp sword.
Gruff Windling Scout (Windscout influenced)
Elf Elementalist with a desire to see the best in all people.

Three characters are bowing out of the campaign, so honestly, any style or role is up for grabs. Even doubling up is totally allowed. Wanna be a Swordmaster? Bring a wit as sharp as your blade. A wizard? Be ready for debate over the arcane and a cruller. and so on.

Post your concepts below. Assume you'll be starting around late 2nd circle or just turned 3rd circle.
Old 08-19-2020, 10:17 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Bonhumm
Hello.

Already had a chat in Discord with Karhald but I'm posting here as well.

- Earthdawn fan since the 90s.
- All new at PbP, this is my first try at it so I apologize in advance for whatever mistakes I may do while I learn the ropes.
- French-Canadian but fluent in English.

As for the character, I'm still not 100% decided but I might go Swordmaster/face. I'll post more details once I'm decided but I wanted to post this first to 'save my spot'.

Looking forward to meet you guys.
Old 08-21-2020, 04:48 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Bonhumm
Name:Fanfan
Race: Elf
Discipline: Swordmaster (Gallant specialization path)

Description:
- A handsome looking elf in his late 20s. He was raised amongst the Scavian people on one of their city-barge on the Serpent River.
- Being a member of one of the very few non-human families living among the Scavians, his behavior and nature are much more in line with the values of that swashbuckling people than those of the ‘classic’ elves.
- He wears flamboyant clothes of scarlet and white with long dark wavy hair held in place by a scarf under a large, plumed hat. His ears and wrist sport many pieces of jewelry as is common among the Scavians. A rapier dangle from his belt on his right hip.

Backstory:
- An avid follower of Astendar, he became a Swordmaster as a compromise between what he wanted to become (Troubadour) and what his people needed him to be (Warrior). Despite being more than proficient in combat, he prefers the use of his tongue and wits over that of his blade.
- His great charms and personality made him quite popular with the male population of the city-barge; with many of them hanging around him to enjoy his tales and jokes but it was the admiration of the ladies of the community that made him many enemies until, not long ago, he had to flee his hometown in the middle of the night to escape too many jealous husbands and angry fathers.
- Broke and in search of adventure, he met an elf Illusionist in Travar who told him of possible Horror troubles in an area east of Travar.

Roleplaying:
- Despite his (perhaps somewhat deserved) reputation as a libertine; as a follower of the Passion of Love and Beauty, his objective is to promote those values not just for himself but for everyone around him.
- He values companionship and will be ready to help any lady in need without any ‘hidden agenda’.
- He has a soft spot in is heart for children and believes that the young are often ignored by Troubadours and other performers and that building his (and his companions) legends among them would make their reputation soar as they share those stories around themselves both now and as they grow up.
- He learned an uncommon variation of the Emotion Song skill that allows him to share stories and legends through puppeteering.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fanfan.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	86505  

Last edited by Bonhumm; 08-21-2020 at 05:13 PM.
Old 08-21-2020, 05:22 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 112
ender3rd ender3rd
Name: Tharkul
Race: Ork
Discipline: Warrior
Description: Young Ork with tattered remnants of clothes and equipment which has seen better days. His weapons and armor are well-maintained despite being hand me downs. With unkept hair, a 5 o'clock shadow and an aversion to bathing Tharkul doesn't look like much.
Backstory:
- Mother worked at an inn as a waitress/maid/bedwarmer.
- Earliest memories were hearing stories of how his ancestors were taken as slaves from Cara Fahd to Throal before the Scourge.
- Grew up on the streets of Throal's slums. Forced to beg for food. Was constantly looked down upon by those he begged from.
- Learned to fight to keep what little was his.
- An adventuring party was going through the slums questing for some McGuffin and stumbled on three other street kids accosting Tharkul. By the time they interveaned Tharkul had dropped one an was working on a second. The group took Tharkul in for a few weeks before leaving for adventure. Since he was (now) only first circle Tharkul could not join them safely so he was left with some old equipment and a dream of a better life.
Hopes and Dreams:
- Become known throughout Barsaive.
- Leave the world better.
- Live up to the expectations of his saviors.
- Explore the benefits of having money.
- End Thera
- Find someone(s) that actually accepts him for who he is.
RP sample:
- Gahad is triggered by being treated as "normal", "boring", or "ordinary" by those whom he considers peers.
- "Now that we've finished the greeting ceremony which way to the booze and women?"
- Think Firefly's Jayne

Last edited by ender3rd; 09-16-2020 at 09:26 PM. Reason: use of [SAY] tags
Old 08-22-2020, 02:30 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 271
utsukushi utsukushi utsukushi
Hey, I recognize you guys! Hi!

I just wanted to say hello. I am vaguely working on an idea for a dwarven Nethermancer, but am a bit slammed with work this weekend so... depending on how that goes, I might need a couple of days to really focus on anything, I'm afraid.
Old 08-22-2020, 03:04 PM
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by utsukushi View Post
Hey, I recognize you guys! Hi!

I just wanted to say hello. I am vaguely working on an idea for a dwarven Nethermancer, but am a bit slammed with work this weekend so... depending on how that goes, I might need a couple of days to really focus on anything, I'm afraid.
Don't worry about it at all, it's PbP, time is something you will have in abundance.

Last edited by Karhald; 08-22-2020 at 03:07 PM.
Old 08-23-2020, 03:28 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 121
Cap Ut Cap Ut
Posting for interest, probably going with a Weaponsmith.

Last edited by Cap Ut; 08-23-2020 at 03:29 AM.
Old 08-25-2020, 07:49 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 271
utsukushi utsukushi utsukushi
OK! I think I have one!

Name: Khara Venge
Race: Dwarf
Discipline: Nethermancer
Description: Khara is a young, slightly overweight dwarven woman with dark hair and dark eyes, while her skin tone runs to the lighter side of tan. She tends to wear dark clothing as well - simple things, not dramatic. She often has a swoop of hair hanging over her left eye. She's fairly easy to overlook, honestly, with the only thing about her that really might draw attention being just how much her manner and presentation scream "don't look at me". She can be quite remarkably still much of the time, but when she feels attention focused on her she gets very fidgety. She also has a tendency to poke her tongue out just a tiny bit when she's reading, especially if it's something deeply absorbing.

Backstory:
She is from Respite, a still-sealed Kaer near the southern edge of the Caucavic mountains. "Still-sealed?" One might ask. "Then what's she doing over here?" In Respite, there was a Horror-breach some two centuries ago. They fought it off and were able to renew their wards, but it was a frightening time with much distrust sown. One lingering effect of that was the banning of Nethermancy.

Khara has always been shy, studious, and stubborn. (Also, fond of alliteration, but who isn't?) Much about the forbidden art had been burned in the aftermath, but not all of it, and in her own family's attic she found a dusty old book carefully packed away - The Journal And Grimoire of Nathalia Venge, Khara's own great-great-great-grandmother... and Nethermancer. It wasn't written in Throalic, but Khara studied and copied and translated and asked very careful questions of her parents and her teachers and... she began to piece it together, and by the time she even understood what it really was that she was reading, she was already actually well along the path. Nethermancy, as Nathalia explained it, was feared because it explored fearful things, but it was vital to confronting and defeating those things. Khara compared this with her studies of Respite's history, and decided that indeed, the kaer had been foolish to ban this knowledge. She was determined to master it, prove its value, and reintroduce it, hopefully before they needed it again.

At first - with no idea, of course, what the source of all this was - her family was thrilled. Khara has always been (and still is) a fundamentally fearful person; a bit jumpy, socially awkward.. anxious. It was a lot of what had driven her to her solitary studies in the first place. Now she seemed to blossom. She was going out and engaging in conversations, taking risks -- she even brought a girlfriend, a Human named Verona, home to meet the family. For the first time in her life she was confronting her fears instead of embracing them. They didn't understand that she was, in fact, doing both, because (to quote Nathalia) "The understanding and mastery of fear is fundamental to the understanding and mastery of Nethermancy. One must begin with ones own fears before one can hope to master the fear of others."

...It was Verona who caught her. Khara was practicing alone in her room, and had, for the first time, successfully enshrouded it in an impenetrable darkness. She'd had to muffle a whoop of delight. Verona had just been sneaking through the window to surprise her, and plunged into the blackness, she fell into the room with a loud crash. Khara's father, Bandhu, came running in to see what the matter was and found himself, too, blind; even his Heat Sight could see nothing, though he could hear the girls. Khara was in a bit of a panic -- there was no way to turn it off! When it finally wore off, though there was regret in their eyes, there was no hesitation from her family or her girlfriend. She had broken the rules and she would face the law.

The next day she was taken before the Town Council and banished. They refused to even hear her arguments. She was provisioned, because of course they didn't want to be cruel, and then cast out. Into the Scourge. To be tormented and ultimately eaten by Horrors, almost without doubt.

She was blindfolded and carried out, set down a short distance away, so that she would (they hoped) be unable to lead the Horrors back, should they turn her before they broke her. It happened to be nighttime when they did it, and those who brought her out scurried quickly back home and sealed the door behind them.

Having since learned that the Scourge is... if not precisely over, nevertheless in a far more pleasant stage than they'd thought they were casting her out into, she really has totally thought about trying to find them and somehow let them know, but... they wouldn't listen to her before. Why would they now? They're the ones who made sure she didn't know where they are, even! (though to be fair, she knows within a few hours' walk, she supposes.) But she wouldn't know how to knock, or what to say. It's not bitterness. Honest.

Hopes and Dreams:
She wants to explore the world, learn everything there is to know, and master what she still thinks of as the forbidden art of Nethermancy. She'd like to be strong enough to no longer be afraid, but in the meantime, she'll settle for just being better at handling her fears. She'd really really love to go back to Respite someday, specifically when she can show them just what an awesome person they threw away, and they'll be all, "We're so sorry! We should have listened!" And she can be all magnanimous, like, "It's OK, you were just too stupid to understand." And they'll beg her to take a place on the Town Council but she'll be way too busy with all the cool things she's doing outside.

...She does have one reason to hurry back there, and that is the faint hope that maybe they didn't burn Nathalia's journal. But they almost certainly did, and if so, it's long past done by now, so ultimately this has been one more reason she hasn't tried to find her way back. As long as she stays away, she doesn't have to know for sure.

RP sample:
Khara had been surprised to stumble across an actual road. It wasn't like the paved pathways in the kaer, of course, but it was clearly maintained, and why would Horrors do that? To trap the unwary, maybe, but... how many unwary could really be out wandering like this? She'd cautiously started following it, having no idea what actual direction she was going. "Away" had been all that mattered.

When she'd heard voices in the distance, she'd bolted off the road and hidden behind a tree, heart pounding. She waited, and the voices grew closer. They sounded... friendly? Like people, anyway. Talking, laughing. The kinds of sounds she'd never expected to hear again. Still, every instinct in her said to stay quiet. Stay hidden. Let them pass. Even if they were people, they were still, well, people, and she and people had never really gotten on that well. But of course, that was exactly why she had to push herself out. Trembling slightly, she'd stood and moved back onto the road, starting towards them. She could see them in the distance, and surely they could see her, but probably they hadn't seen that she'd been off the road for a moment. Hopefully. If they had, who knew what they'd think she'd been doing over there?

Even so, she nearly jumped when, at about fifty paces away, one of them - a T'skrang - suddenly waved and called out to her. "Greetings!" she had said. "What news from the east?"

Khara had frozen for a moment, and again, her instincts were clear: If it was too late to run, she could still lie. Instead, she said, "I don't know. I, um... I haven't..." She realized she was mumbling. Probably not the best way to communicate over so much distance, but shouting had never been her forte. With a sigh, she pushed herself to approach closer, and forced herself to speak up a bit. "I'm a little lost, actually. Could I... walk with you, for a little while? I can help out," she promised.

There was a huddled conversation, followed by an exchange of Arts, and then they let her tag along. G'vesta, Kaladine, Vest'ara Sharptooth, and Gavin the Bold... she traveled with them for several months, though she never actually told them she was learning Nethermancy. At first she didn't know it might be OK to do so; by the time she'd gotten that impression, it was just... awkward, and that just never got better, and finally she made an excuse to stay behind.

Last edited by utsukushi; 08-25-2020 at 07:49 PM.