RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 09-11-2020, 03:49 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1332
Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden
If you think the background and personality are a little too basic I can work on adding some more.
Old 09-11-2020, 04:31 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1792
Gadron Gadron Gadron Gadron Gadron Gadron Gadron Gadron Gadron Gadron Gadron
Orion
left-aligned image
Character Name: Orion

Race: Triton

Class: Warlock (Hexblade)

Alignment: Lawful Neutral (Recently transitioned from a former Neutral Good mindset, so there may still be some back-and-forth)

Personality: Left to his own devices, Orion rarely seems terribly interested in the people around him. He is eternally preoccupied, his eyes set on some distant goal that others cannot see, eternally polite and soft-spoken and unobtrusive. At times, however, he can be seized with an almost manic spirit: a sense of obsessive drive that puts fire in his eyes and silver in his tongue. At times like these he demonstrates a ferocious wit and a confidence so absolute it's almost cold-blooded, but in the end it always passes. The quiet, unassuming, scholarly man reemerges and one can find no evidence that he was ever anyone different.

Backstory: The man who would become the salvager known as Orion was born before the cataclysm under a different name, in a Triton village nestled in a coral reef not far from the sands where Nautilona itself would later be founded. If the village had a name, none but Orion now remember it. For a few decades, it was an idyllic enough place that its children could dream of being something other than fish ranchers or kelp farmers. In the case of one driven and curious young man, he dreamed of returning to the eras of great Triton kingdoms past when the ruins of the great coral castles still stood tall. Finding this impossible, he settled instead for becoming an archaeologist.

As a very young adult he finally convinced the local authorities to fund and approve a small expedition to the nearby ruins of a Triton city-state from an earlier age. Unfortunately, this expedition coincided with the beginning of the end of the world above. Even as far down as the ocean's floor, they felt the rumbling and trembling through the water as the terrible cataclysm wracked the surface. The shadows of great debris, floating down from the surface, began to appear and earthquakes began to rumble beneath their feet.

A fault line opened through the ruins where the expedition was camped, and the shaking began to demolish everything they'd been studying. Worse still, the quake had disturbed the deeper layers of the world - and the things that lived there, which should never have been awakened. Terrible, unrecognizable creatures swept out of the fissures created by the earthquake and fell upon the expedition. In the chaos, the young archaeologist fled for his life deeper into the ruins until he came to a chamber they hadn't found before. The quake had breached several inner walls, revealing it and the peculiar shrine inside. As the young man hid, hands scrambling through the pitch-black water for a weapon, they fumbled upon what felt like a sword hilt. He grabbed it up desperately, and at once realized to his despair that it had no blade attached. His despair turned to more fright and confusion when he heard a voice in his head.

I can keep you safe - for a price.

What followed, he never spoke of again. When the surface peoples made their desperate pleas, and construction of the domed city began, he abandoned his studies and journeyed there instead. Guided by the voice, and promises of the strength it would give him, he resolved that his people were too weak to protect themselves or their new wards against the kinds of horrors which waited in the deep places - and he would make them strong again.

Last edited by Gadron; Yesterday at 12:50 PM.
Old 09-11-2020, 06:23 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 365
Schroedingerdude Schroedingerdude Schroedingerdude Schroedingerdude
Character Name: Scurvy (Salvager General Support Unit [Prototype 5])
Race: Warforged
Class: Artificer
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Personality: Scurvy is inquisitive by nature and has a curiosity about the world outside the dome. His directives are to scavenge materials for Project Nereus and provide support to Salvagers (First Aid, Investigation, and Material Transport [i.e. help bring back any goods/treasures]). Due to being trained in an isolated facility, his social skills are somewhat lacking. He doesn't want to end like his "siblings", being reduced to spare parts and dismantled to diagnose "defects". Because of that sense of self preservation, he strives to fulfill his purpose to a superlative degree.
Backstory: "Scurvy" was created in a collaborative project (Project Nereus) composed of the Armorer's (chassis), Tinker's (inner workings), Navigator's (navigation training), and Jeweler's (jewel examining training) guilds in an effort to create a servitor unit to help Salvagers survive and find treasure.
Old 09-11-2020, 08:53 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1232
gavins38 gavins38 gavins38 gavins38 gavins38 gavins38 gavins38 gavins38 gavins38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draidden View Post
If you think the background and personality are a little too basic I can work on adding some more.
I think the background and personality do well to make Arun a very three dimensional character and it's nice to see an application for a character from one of the existing races under the water who assisted the landfolk when they made their unprecedented transition to life underwater.
Old 09-14-2020, 03:50 PM
Romanes Eunt Domus

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 304
Raada Raada Raada Raada
Quick concept question: I was thinking a druid would be fun for an underwater campaign, but I forgot that swimming creatures aren't available until level 4. Is there any chance you would be willing to homebrew it a little so that a character could transform at the current level? If not, totally fine, but I thought I should at least ask!
Old 09-15-2020, 03:11 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
gavins38 gavins38 gavins38 gavins38 gavins38 gavins38 gavins38 gavins38 gavins38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raada View Post
Quick concept question: I was thinking a druid would be fun for an underwater campaign, but I forgot that swimming creatures aren't available until level 4. Is there any chance you would be willing to homebrew it a little so that a character could transform at the current level? If not, totally fine, but I thought I should at least ask!
Absolutely! I've already granted every non-swimming character a swim speed, as it would not make sense after nearly 100 years that the salvagers especially hadn't learnt or been taught how to swim as part of their work. I'm more than happy to allow druids to wildshape into creatures with swim speed. It just wouldn't work otherwise!
Old 09-15-2020, 09:23 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2884
Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome

Name: Sharkbait
Race: Sea Elf
Class: Ranger
Alignment: CG

Appearance: He is average height for an elf at 5’7” tall. His fiery red hair flows back into a ponytail wrapped with a band of seaweed. His bluish gray skin covers his well-toned and muscular body. His golden orbs radiant warmth to match his smile. His mannerisms are full of self-confidence, yet carefree. He carries a rapier on his waist and a long bow over his back.

Personality: He is outgoing, jovial and friendly. Some would say very unusual for an elf. He has been dealing with the surface folks for years and has learned enjoy life as the shorter lived races do. Much to the consternation of other elves. He is loyal to his city, clan and team. He is just as comfortable being alone as being in a group. That is just the ranger way. He makes quick decisions unlike most of his race a trait picked up by humans.

Background: Outlander (Hunter-Gatherer)

Trait: My friends know they can rely on me no matter what
Ideal: Freedom-The Sea is freedom. Freedom to go anywhere and do anything.
Bond: My city, clan and team are the most important thing in my life, even when far away.
Flaw: There is no room for caution in a life lived to the fullest.

Background: Sharkbait was just a youngster when the cataclysm happened. He was out gathering kelp for his clan when it hit. Unfortunately, most of his clan was destroyed in the underground earthquake that buried them. He along with others all banded together to help themselves and the surface folk find and build a new home under the water. He has been working with them ever since on salvage crews. Unlike a lot of the inhabitants he remembers all that had happened and how short life can be. He now lives life to the fullest.

Last edited by Clawsome; Today at 10:00 AM.
Old 09-17-2020, 02:01 PM
Romanes Eunt Domus

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 304
Raada Raada Raada Raada
Character App
right-aligned image
Character Name: Allas Kidagakath
Race: Triton
Class: Druid (circle of the moon)
Alignment: Neutral Good
Personality: Warm and brotherly to all, Allas is quick with a joke and quick to comfort, always seeking to keep those around him in good spirits. The young triton is out going and would always prefer to make a friend over an enemy. And though he will rush to protect those he cares about with a striking ferocity, Allas is less quick to defend against the harshness of others when it directed at him.
Backstory: As the child of two guards in Nautilona, Allas grew up with a lot of time to spend by himself. His mother and father lived in the city, but spent much of their time on patrols or organizing squads, so Allas would often wander out into the sea, sometimes swimming as far up or out as he dared before turning and returning to the city. He enjoyed the people of the city, of course, but there was nothing quite like the calm of feeling the salt water flow through his gills and the enfolding darkness.

It was on one of these such days where Allas was made his way slowly up for hours, watching the city below him shrink and fade. He had made it much farther than he ever had before, there was fear bubbling in his gut, but also excitement. Suddenly, the water was filled with light- not a flash from the storms constantly raging above, but a soft, serene glow that seemed to calm the ocean around him. Filled with a blinding sense of curiosity, Allas rushed to reach the surface. To see what wondrous being was waiting at the surface. Thirty feet away, twenty, fifteen. Just ten feet until he would surface, the skies went dark once again, and a booming noise, like a sword clashing off the armor of a gigantic being, stopped the poor boy in his tracks. Eyes wide, Allas swam down at top speed all the way back to the city. When he finally arrived, his parents were furious. They had no interest in the light or where he had gone, they simply told him that something would be done about his recklessness.

The next day, Allasís father brought the boy to his aunt, an eccentric, elderly triton who worked as a healer in the city and surrounding villages. She agreed to take the boy under her wing. At first, Allas was disgusted, he did not want to spend the day stuck in a tent with odd smelling ointments, he wanted to find the light again. But, as he worked with her, Allas discovered that his aunt had lived on the surface for many years before the storms came. She told him of the land, which once carried many creatures, and of the moon, a source of soft light that carried magic with it every night. ďThe moon.Ē Allas was sure this is what he had seen, he had felt its magic course through his veins. Moreover, it was a magic his aunt was willing to teach him how to use.

Slowly, Allas learned how to heal the sick, and a few other of his auntís tricks. And though he grew to love working with the kind woman, Allas knew he was not meant to be in the city. What he wanted more than anything was to see that glimmering light once again, and maybe even its source. So, as soon as the young man received his auntís blessing, Allas joined the salvagers. On this track, and with any luck, he would one day be able to find the moon once again.
Old 09-17-2020, 08:58 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Wow! Such an amazing selection of applications to choose from with the deadline just a day away! I've no idea how I'm going to make a choice! Thank you to everyone who has submitted an application so far.

If you're reading this thread and considering applying, the deadline is the end of the day tomorrow (I'm UK based but I'll make allowances for players outside of my timezone who are catching up).
Old 09-18-2020, 05:11 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3504
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Best of luck everyone!
Old 09-18-2020, 07:14 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2196
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Let's all get wet and wild!
Old 09-18-2020, 12:10 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 454
Ferdy Ferdy Ferdy Ferdy Ferdy
Character App
Character Name: Boss Krōk
Race: Grung
Class: Rogue (Mastermind)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Personality: LISSEN UP, cuz common a stupid language and Krōk not waste time learning it too good. Krōk's cousin the foreman so that mean Krōk the boss of you dumb tadpoles. Dat mean when Krōk say hop, you tadpoles gonna say, 'which lily pad?'

Backstory: Krōk has dozens of siblings, all members of La Froga Nostra, whose raison d'etre is to proliferate throughout whatever power structures exist within the city. Through self-dealing, backroom bargains, manipulation, and threats; siblings or cousins of Krōk can be found with their sticky tongues in all sorts of pies.

The only problem is they'll climb over each other just as readily as anyone else as they attempt to leapfrog to greater and greater levels of power.

Last edited by Ferdy; 09-18-2020 at 01:35 PM.
Old 09-18-2020, 09:18 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Applications are now closed! I'll be looking at all the applications and making a decision over the weekend.
Old 09-23-2020, 09:06 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Sorry for the delay everyone. Life gets in the way as usual! I should have the new players chosen and in game by the end of the week. A suitable joining point in the story is about the open! I'll send a PM to everyone shortly.