RPXP: 100
Melaleuca Melaleuca
if theres any issues with my character let me know
Old 05-03-2020, 07:47 PM
Playin' Dungas and Dragos

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14590
pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90
Thanks Poopsock Paradox! I think you have missed one of the application points-a connection to Roslar's Coffer. This could be a person, place, job or anything else that comes to mind that allows you some sort of tie to the town specifically. This will be used down the track for nefarious deeds RP flavour.

Have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Old 05-03-2020, 08:22 PM
Schroedinger's Poopsock

Tools
User Statistics
Melaleuca Melaleuca
does kony running into town and hiding in a house from the guards count?
Old 05-03-2020, 08:28 PM

Tools
User Statistics
pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90
No I would prefer something more like a personal connection to the town. Perhaps you have done some mercenary work for Mayor Grive, perhaps you have been a one-time adventuring partner to Tessaraea Oakheart. Or you got dragged into town by an old friend to teach survival skills to the children at the school. Check out this link and see if anything jumps out at you!

Old 05-03-2020, 08:33 PM
Schroedinger's Poopsock

Tools
User Statistics
Melaleuca Melaleuca
oh wait no ive got it

"When the woman touched him, he felt what felt like hundreds of intense foreign feelings clouding his vision as he started to see someone else from another time, a mayor, perhaps from his past? The person was far from a friendly face to him though, and he was bombarded with feelings of anger. The man seemed to be trying to coerce him to do something horrible in Kony's vision, but he cared naught as Kony clenched his fists and lunged at the man in a blind rage. As he came to, he looked down at his bloodied hands and saw what he had done to the poor woman. His anger quickly subsided into guilt and sadness as he looked around frantically. The area felt familiar to him, especially the path west of him. He dropped the mangled corpse and ran off into the woods, following his gut in order to find out who he was."

Last edited by Melaleuca; 05-03-2020 at 08:37 PM.
Old 05-03-2020, 11:08 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7301
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
What is your opinion on 3rd party? Specifically Spheres of Power.
Old 05-03-2020, 11:51 PM

Tools
User Statistics
I have seen it about, but sadly know nothing about it so I will have to say no to the Spheres this time.

Old 05-04-2020, 12:51 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4564
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Character Concept
right-aligned image

Name: Oriphanis Kassinum
Race: Half Elf
Class: Inquisitor of Abadar
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Traits:
The Lawbringer (Campaign)
Elven Reflexes (Racial)
Sophisticated Citizen (Regional)

Personality:
Oriphanis is a stern, by the book type of man who strictly believes in tradition and proper protocol in all things. He is quite methodical and cunning, and prefers to think before he acts as much as possible. Quick witted and silver tongued, he often tries to bring order to a situation with his words so he does not need to sully his hands. He is a perfectionist and a bit of a neat freak, and dislikes being soiled or having to touch something dead. He always aims to be impartial in any situation, preferring to negotiate or bring peace among them without taking a side. Once he determines someone is guilty according to the law, however, he has no problems ordering or utilizing violence against them in the pursuit of justice. He has little time for humor and games, and sees people who engage in such frivolity as foolish. There is too much work to be done to be wasting it away on trivial matters. He appreciates the finer things in life and is quite interested in his social and financial status, and will make any legal maneuvers necessary to increase either.

Background:
The bastard son of a Lastwall diplomat, Oriphanis was dumped into an orphanage in Vigil at an early age. His father refused to have anything to do with him, swearing he was not his own, so Oriphanis was given his mother's surname before she herself left him. He stuck out from many of the other children there as innately he realized he needed a sense of order in his life in order to succeed and overcome his circumstances. While the other boys ran wild, Oriphanis kept himself on a strict regimen of early rising, physical exercise, chores he assigned himself to keep his living area clean, and the daily long walk to the Church of Abadar where he studied whatever parchments he could get his hands on and attended worship services regularly. He would leave just in time to be home by dinner, when he would go to sleep early and repeat it all over again the next day.

As he grew older, he pressured the members of the clergy friendly to him to take him on as an apprentice, and by the time he was twelve winters old he was now working at the Church of Abadar that he loved so much. He proved himself to be a most dedicated acolyte - even the most mundane of tasks were performed by him with an eye for perfection and he took joy in whatever he did. As he grew older his tastes turned more to affluence and once he became a full fledged member of the clergy he was looking forward to the more lucrative and cushy assignments available. However, in the Church of Abadar every man must earn his way up and thus Oriphanis was recently assigned to Rosler's Coffer to act as a legislator for the local garrison. He is not entirely pleased with this assignment but knows he is still serving Abadar and thus performs it to the best of his ability. He has tried to track down his parents but he cannot locate his mother and his father wants nothing to do with him.

Connection to Roslar's Coffer:
Law and order is important in every town, and Roslar's Coffer is no exception. Oriphanis is closely tied to the local government of Roslar's Coffer as he functions as a legislator and prosecutor, assisting the local garrison with maintaining civility. As a functionary of Abadar, he is well suited to his position and enjoys it, but recognizes it is the bottom of the ladder in the Abadar hierarchy and is looking forward for a more grandiose position.

Related NPCs -
Captain Pelagory Posinnius, head of the Lastwall garrison at Roslar's Coffer. They are more acquaintances than friends, but the two recognize a kindred spirit in each other and have a solid professional relationship.
Father Arrimius, his mentor at the Church of Abadar. A stern, rotund man with immense knowledge on business and legal matters, he is a worthy role model to Oriphanis.
Rogarius Medennius, his father, a high-ranking diplomat associated with Lastwall. He has no love for Oriphanis and wants nothing to do with him.

RP sample: See secret text.

Last edited by Grouchy; 05-04-2020 at 03:22 AM.
Old 05-04-2020, 02:30 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11621
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
If there's anything you feel Dorgran could use more or less of, please let me know. I may tinker a bit over the next few days, but I'm rather liking what decided to manifest itself for once. I will be removing the current RP Sample, as it is obviously too long, but I'll leave it there until I come up with something suitable.

Last edited by Ziether; 05-04-2020 at 02:30 AM.
Old 05-04-2020, 03:22 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4564
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Oriphanis is complete.
Old 05-04-2020, 07:48 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2666
Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Pareetha "Peri" Vishu

Race: Deceptive Viskanya

Class: Deliverer Slayer

Alignment: CN

Diety: Calistria

Traits: Veiled Disciple (Social), The Pessimist (Campaign),
Vagabond Child (Urban),

Related NPCs in Roslar's Coffer:

Ol' Hin - A toothless old beggar that sat outside the Tavern. Few knew that, though his health was failing him, his ears could pick up the most quiet of conversations.

Jenny the Wilted Rose - A little past her prime beauty that practiced her sensual arts on the outskirts of the camp far from the Faithful.

Sargent Biggs A Retired City Guard who treated Peri like a 10 yr old girl dressed in a super heroine costume. He was genuinely nice and perhaps a bit senile.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Viskanya Deliverer.png
Views:	6
Size:	390.8 KB
ID:	84377  

Last edited by Hyregoth; 05-05-2020 at 04:37 PM.
Old 05-05-2020, 06:23 PM
Of the Fartnocker Clan

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 39011
Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak
Sizwe of the LongaziName: Sizwe of the Longazi
Race Halfling
Class: Ranger, Rogue or Barbarian as needed to balance party.
right-aligned image

Appearance The heavily tattooed face and bulging muscles of this halfling make it obvious that this is no shire halfling. The small staff he carries ends in a forked basket, but the confidence in which he carries it makes it clear that it is no child's weapon. His eyes seem to be in a perpetual state of readiness, absorbing all of his surroundings as he watches with an almost constant sense of anticipation.

Background and Personality: Sizwe is a young warrior from Varisia, an area of unspoiled wilderness over a weeks travel away from Roslar's Coffer. The young halfling's talents as a hunter have earned a name for him as a member of his tribe, but only recently has he had his vision quest, which marks the transition from youth to adulthood.

Sizwe takes his honor and responsibility to the tribe very seriously and seldom makes light of things - and he tends to take most jokes quite literally. He lives by a strong code of ethics, although it is one founded in the realities of the wild. While he has a good heart and intentions, many of his beliefs would be considered unethical or wrong by city dwellers, who do not understand the necessities that come from living in the wilds.

Connection to Roslar's Coffer: Sizwe was led to Roslar’s Coffer by the spirits and is searching for answers. This is particularly difficult, as he does not know the question.

He arrived in Roslar's Coffer two nights ago and is currently staying in the barn of Osric Freemark, helping with the animals in return for a place to sleep and 2 meals a day. When he has free time, mostly nights, he has begun exploring what he considers to be a vast town. Fighting against his introverted bent at the behest of the spirits, he has been talking to many of those he meets, trying to make friends, listening and learning to all that are willing to share.

One of the people he had the longest conversation was was Arbella Tharmethion, who was cleaning the area around the shining crusade memorial as he was visiting it. They spoke for nearly 4 hours about the history of the memorial, along with the Crusade itself. She explained the history about the crusade, much of which was unknown to him, and pointed out several names on the memorial that she believed could have been Longazi.

Last edited by Squeak; 05-11-2020 at 12:53 PM.
Old 05-05-2020, 06:29 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
In light of the ever-evolving field of applications, I am withdrawing Dorgran from consideration. I do intend to apply with something, but I do not feel he represents my greatest chance of acceptance any longer.
Old 05-05-2020, 06:51 PM

Tools
User Statistics
No worries, that is your prerogative to chop and change right up until the application date! Feel free to bounce ideas of other players too-collaborative applications are fine, but bear in mind I may not be able to accept both. I still intend to run through the applications and ask some questions over the weekend so if anyone wants to throw up ideas, even parts of applications I can then ask you a few questions on your characters by then!

Old 05-05-2020, 07:54 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
The Errant Knight
right-aligned image
Name: Syr Melliare Wenderdam
Race: Human (Taldan)
Class: Paladin
Alignment: Lawful Good
Religious Affiliation: Iomedae
Campaign Trait: The Word

Connection to Roslar’s Coffer:

Description:

Personality:

Brief Background:

Exemplar Post: LINKY LINK

Last edited by Ziether; 05-06-2020 at 10:52 PM.