RPXP: 1233
derpoet derpoet derpoet derpoet derpoet derpoet derpoet derpoet derpoet
Thanks for the reputation everyone! I'm glad you all enjoyed the poster
Old 08-28-2020, 01:21 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 874
Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19
Ditto for my bad pun, thanks :P
Old 08-28-2020, 11:35 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12247
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Feedback
Old 08-28-2020, 01:40 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3504
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Based on the feedback, I reworked my application. Apologies for taking so long- I am helping a member of the family move this week, which is taking more time and effort than expected. Since I start working (from home) again next week, though, I'll be able to post at my normal rate again .

Let me know what you think, and if I should change anything else!
Old 08-28-2020, 06:30 PM
Bladesinger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3175
Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil
Tharkos will be played by Val Kilmer!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tharkos2.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	86584  
Old 08-28-2020, 11:46 PM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 28697
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
Just saw this. You know I’m in for Mysoth I’ll get something in before the deadline.
Old 08-29-2020, 01:37 AM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3668
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Specter
right-aligned image
Specter

Race: Tiefling Class: MastermindRogue Background: "Noble"

Specter is a self-made woman. Rescued from poverty in her youth by a kind noble family, she served as their attendant for years before tragedy took her adopted family, and the girl was unceremoniously rejected by high society and returned to the streets. She then adopted a new identity, swearing not to let her future be determined by the rich and powerful; that she would pull herself up using every trick and talent available to her and make her own fortune. If a few of the dullards on top had to fall in the process... even better.

Specter is fiercely ambitious, resourceful, and intelligent. She aims high, fights dirty, and has a plan for how to use everyone in the room.
StoryHomeland:

Meeting King Grohl:

Sidekicks

Last edited by Touketsu; 08-29-2020 at 08:42 PM.
Old 08-29-2020, 03:55 PM
Not lifting the siege yet

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 996
Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege
I will consider Cassandra completed for now. Please, Bhelogan, if you find the time to give feedback on my application, now that it's written out, let me know what you think about it.

If you don't like where I went with my sidekick, I wouldn't mind switching that up to something different, but I thought it would be interesting like this.

To the other applicants, I read some of the works and I must say, I'm looking forward to the council quite a lot. Good look to everybody for getting chosen!
Old 08-29-2020, 04:27 PM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23900
Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan
I will try to get a 2nd round of feedback for those who were not in the fist by Wednesday, 9/2/2020.
Old 08-29-2020, 08:43 PM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3668
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Specter is complete!
Old 08-29-2020, 11:38 PM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 28697
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
True Eyes

Name:Vis Saurivic (True Eyes)
Race: Lizardfolk
Class(s) - Insightful Rogue/ Shadow Monk

Vis Saurvic is a decedent of the Blood Claw Clan, a historically significant group that many of the people of El Stow or the Paladins would rather you forget. The paladins have taught everyone that the Orcs broke their alliance with aggressive actions, but in truth it was they who framed the Blood Claw clan in a false act of aggression. The clan consisting of orcs, goblins, and lizardfolk were set up on a patrol and framed for the murder of those they did not kill. One of the lizards on that patrol was Vis' father. After the Paladins betrayed them they were chased south to the El Stow region where King Grohl was met with another betrayal. The descendants of the Blood Claw clan The lesson sunk deep within those that were left. Do not trust words, trust actions. The ability to see through the fancy words and predict an opponents actions became a valuable trait.

Vis got the attention of the second King Grohl for his ability to see through his opponents. In a culture that named one for his abilities he earned the name meaning 'true eyes'. The King used him to detect the truth in all of his negotiations and take care of those who dared to betray them. The lizard clan had a thirst for revenge due to the betrayal in times past and with each lie he silences Vis fed that thirst for revenge. King Grohl quickly kept the lizard around and named him on his council to see through such traitorous threats.

Personality: The problem with being a truth seeker is that before long any lie seems to be one worth detecting and you stop holding back those thoughts that shouldn't be voiced due to politeness or 'good form'. Vis suffers worse from this than most others and is about as candid as your grandmother on her 100th birthday. In short Vis has no filter. He is the snarky tell it like it is short and loves to put someone on the spot for a good laugh. Vis is not malicious however and all of his intentions are good. The lizardman will not cause pain onto others intentionally, but if you do something to embarrass yourself it is fair game. Vis is loyal to friends though slow to make them and is very distrusting of enemies. Friendship with Vis has to be earned but once obtained is cherished by the seeker of truth. Just like your old grandmother Vis understands the rules of chivalry, politeness and general social reaction and can abide by them when necessary but generally he doesn't care for them or what little white lies you want to hid behind. A charming friendly tell it like it is sort of lizard he has a fathomless appetite and has a special place in his heart for cinnamon centipede custard.

Sidekicks
NameFozhug Ravenblade
Race Orc
Class Warrior

How they know Vis: Foz is the decendent of Gronk Ravenblade, a member of the Blood Claw clan. Their families have been friends since before the migration wars and Fozhug looks after Vis like a brother. The big brute is the muscle when needed and hates liars as much as Vis.

Name Qeelak Marfedelom
Race Lizardfolk
Class Spy
dHow they know Vis: Qeelak is another member of the same clan as Vis. Qeelak works in the shadows bringing the information to light that Vis is unable to expose in plain sight.

Last edited by Avner; 09-02-2020 at 03:05 PM.
Old 08-30-2020, 01:34 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 500
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
Is this still recruiting?
Old 08-30-2020, 01:37 AM
Archwizard of Flavor Town

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1233
derpoet derpoet derpoet derpoet derpoet derpoet derpoet derpoet derpoet
@Hal Hammerhand: The deadline is September 4th for applications! You've got some time still!
Old 08-30-2020, 02:47 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 266
JustcallmeArby JustcallmeArby JustcallmeArby
KlaraName: Klara Stagspell
Race: Human
Class: Artificer
Personality: Result oriented. Lethargic when forced to be inactive. While not amoral, is selfish. OK if someone gets maimed instead of her. Goes through bouts of survivor's guilt and depression from time to time.

Homeland:

Klara:

Social status: 76/Gentry

Image: I found that I posted the image on a discord server awhile back, so I have a link already ready, but the image is big. If resizing is needed I can figure something out.

How she met King Grohl:
In order to obtain funds, Klara teamed up with Wuun. Through their work she met King Grohl. Her skill as an Artificer and the two took up sending letters where she'd often provide advice and consulted with the King's own mages to further each other's ends.

Seeing her increasing willingness to cooperate and assist his cause, Grohl saw advantage of having someone who lived close to the El Stow region, offered her funds and resources for her research in exchange for her support in the upcoming war. Klara accepted, eager at the opportunity to assist a friend, get needed funds for research, and access all the information that is kept from the public.

She contacted Professor Farnelis and had him set up a potion shop in Rockport as a front to smuggle in potions and other magical supplies from the sea routes. In the meantime she reached out to hire Wuun for the upcoming conflict. With her position secure, Klara made preparations for the aftermath. She wasn't the type to wait so focusing on her research and how those secrets might help it was all that could make her stand this lethargic wait. Soon enough there would be plenty to do.

Sidekicks:
lvl3 Expert: Sprite: "Galahad": Under contract to assist Klara with her research. When such a contract was formed? He isn't at liberty to tell. Met up with Klara after her initial arrival in Coppergrove. Eager to put Klara's more experimental, and explosive, potions and magic items to the test.

lvl2 Warrior: Hobgoblin: "Wuun": She was the mercenary who Klara hired to see her safely away from Arceara Valley. Once Klara ran out of money, she joined with Wuun's mercenary work to make ends meet. When Klara is in her employ, she is strict and expects the artificer to follow orders. When Klara's the one hiring her, there is complete loyalty that is always given to the client. If a client can't trust their mercenary, then Wuun asks, "What's the point?"

lvl4 Spellcaster: High Elf Magewright: "Professor Farnelis": He and Klara are both researchers in the alchemical field, though despite his advance age for an elf, Klara often is the one in charge of the direction their research goes. A good amount of professional respect exists between the two. Apparently they've been comparing notes for years while Klara grew up in Arceara Valley.

I think that covers everything unless I need images for the sidekicks. If not then I await the upcoming feedback.

Last edited by JustcallmeArby; 09-02-2020 at 10:38 PM.
Old 08-30-2020, 08:27 AM
Not lifting the siege yet

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 996
Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustcallmeArby View Post
Still wip (I suppose I should also ask if a Bearded Devil is fine as a sidekick before getting further. I also have the general question about properly adding an image from my computer to the post.)
The CR restriction for sidekicks was no sidekicks above CR 1. You don't want to pick a sidekick with CR 3 there, but a sidekick with CR 1 and sidekick class level 3. At least that's how I understood it, I don't know, if those can be converted with some rule.

Last edited by Mindsiege; 08-30-2020 at 08:28 AM.