RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 08-12-2020, 05:55 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12247
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
application
right-aligned image
right-aligned image
my attempt
right-aligned image
Or this one
Name: Ghorbash

Race: Orc

Class(s): Raven Queen Warlock / Rune Scribe

Mechanical Background: Sage

Appearance: Tall with dark black hair, deep set eyes and skin so dark green it resembled pine needles more than orc flesh. In tribute to his patron, he always has a crow's feather woven into his hair on the side of his head. A raven is always either perched on his shoulder or circling overhead. Little escapes its notice so little surprises the warlock. In fact, between the raven, the invisible imp, the incorporeal specter and his own ability to assume a gaseous form, Ghorbash is the master of secrets and even tales never told find their ways to his ears.

A pole is strapped to Ghorbash's back, upon which rests the Pennant of the Vind Rune, shimmering clouds flicker across the five foot long piece of blue silk which is always flapping in a wind of its own making. Concealed within a pocket is the Shard of the Kult Rune, a long slender shard of ice the size of a dagger. The ice rune glows a soft blue from within the stone.

Name, race, class of your Sidekicks: Sidekick 1: The Bitter Musician, Specter, Expert - Taken from the Shadowfell to serve Ghorbash's aims.

Sidekick 2: Athtish Kovayla, Copper Dragonborn Acolyte, Spell Caster - Protector of Rindriet

Sidekick 3: Rindriet, Copper Dragon Wyrmling, Warrior - claimed from the Temple of Ayzzeon

Sidekick 4: King Grohl's wife the Orc Priestess, Orc, Spell Caster - Brought out of her exile to advise her son

Status Roll

Last edited by tomplum; 08-28-2020 at 11:17 AM.
Old 08-12-2020, 07:24 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2832
Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi
Name: Mikinak (Miki)

Race: Forest Gnome

Class: Wizard, School of Illusion

Homeland: Miki was born in the secretive settlement of Ninatik southwest of Oak Hill. His village was on a large network of grassy hummocks at the heart of a maple swamp, with homes built among spreading mountain laurels and abundant blueberry shrubs. His tribe considered the ancient oaks of the nearby Oak Hill to be sacred, and told stories about the time before humans came when the gnomes dwelt beneath the giant trees. Gnomish druids still visited them to perform rituals, usually in the middle of the night when the human village was quiet. Miki’s father was one such druid, and his mother was a master of illusion magic. She was as outgoing as a forest gnome usually gets, and used her abilities to both interact with humans and elves when necessary, or to protect her village. The illusionists were highly respected in Ninatik, having played a large role in misdirecting the orcish incursions that reached their part of the El Stow Forest, when Miki was only 10 years old. He was observed to be a breed apart from the time of his infancy: inquisitive, talkative, and fascinated by strangers. He was adept at illusions and learned much at his mother’s side, but his unsettling nature eventually led his tribe to encourage him to leave and find a path of his own. He found a natural home in the Wizard Academy of Hayfield, where his race was a matter of great curiosity, but where he was readily accepted due to his talents. He soon learned to enjoy academic freedom, and picked up a love of strong drink and ribald stories.

Recent Background: Miki was loving the academic life, using illusioncraft to entertain and amaze both common and well-to-do folk, writing treatises on forest gnome culture and other aspects of nature, and occasionally serving as an emissary of the Academy, during which he encountered several adventures. Although he knew the account of King Grohl’s fall, he did not concern himself too much with matters of history. Then one day he received a magic summons from Ninatik. He gained leave to travel to his birthplace, where he met with his family and the village leaders. The gnomish druids explained to him that the local balance was seriously tilting away from law, and that dark times would come to the El Stow region if the balance were not restored, which would require Grohl's son to regain his throne. They explained that with his powers, and with his feet in the parallel worlds of forest and city, Miki was uniquely situated to help rectify the situation.

Although the amiable Miki had no thirst for power and little interest in politics or intrigue, he was ever restless for new experiences and for ways to test and improve his abilities, which he used to amuse himself and his audiences. For, always an anomaly among his race, the gnome loved admiration and attention and enjoyed the company of others. Fascinated by the potential for an interesting adventure where he might meet new people and gain new knowledge, but also having deep respect for the druids, Miki set to work locating Grohl, with the aid of his wizard colleagues. When he found the King’s hideout in exile, the gnome was taken prisoner without putting up a fight. While enduring his captivity with cheerful resign despite the woeful quality of the food and drink compared to the Academy, Miki regularly assured the king that the forest gnomes were fully behind his ascension. One day the illusionist had a chance to demonstrate his worth and loyalty. A band of rangers hired by the Council nearly discovered Grohl's hideout, but by the king's leave, the illusionist conjured a hallucinatory terrain around the entrance and the danger passed by. From that time forward, Grohl saw the potential of this deceptively harmless looking ally to exert a novel kind of control over diplomatic encounters and battlefields alike.

Sidekick Information:
Status Roll: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...04#post8857804
My Status: Commoner
Sidekick Name: Wyla
Sidekick Race: Pseudodragon
Sidekick Class: Warrior
Sidekick Background: As a boy, Miki rescued Wyla from a giant spider lair in the El Stow forest. Although he followed the pseudodragon to her territory which he often visited, the two did not become traveling companions at that time. In the year before he moved to Hayfield, Wyla returned his favor by helping the young gnome defend Ninatik from an incursion of blights. Miki invited her to join him at the Academy, and their long-term partnership began.

Image:

Last edited by Yoshimi; 08-25-2020 at 04:24 PM.
Old 08-12-2020, 07:31 PM
Archwizard of Flavor Town

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1233
derpoet derpoet derpoet derpoet derpoet derpoet derpoet derpoet derpoet
@Bhelogan, to what extent do we have freedom in regards to world building? Can I, for example, make a whole region and some history for it? Or should I keep it to a hometown?
Old 08-12-2020, 07:53 PM
Some Believe in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3604
Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberAngel View Post
Incoming application from me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberAngel View Post
WIP sorcerer

*gulp*

These were me. See my post in General Discussion for context if you care to. I'm going to continue applying with a sorcerer (but I'm keeping that 1d100 roll!!!)
Old 08-12-2020, 07:56 PM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23900
Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan
@derpoet - Yes, you can build a whole region. I reserve the right to make any needed tweeks if there are conflicts, or minor corrections that need to be made. I am happy to collaborate on this, if helpful, as well.
Old 08-12-2020, 07:59 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Got it, thank you for the quick response! I shall now tackle creation with gusto
Old 08-13-2020, 01:30 AM
Some Believe in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3604
Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Karinn Snowmist
Race: Human
Class: Sorcerer

Sidekicks:
  • Sybille Greenleaf, humanWarrior, Karinn's bodyguard and childhood friend.
  • Marcelline de Lioncourt, human Expert, retainer to the Snowmist family
  • Tove Ulfsdottir, human spellcaster, Karinn's ceremonial attendant whom she met shortly after arriving in El Stow
  • Lilith Ravenwood, human Warrior, Sybille's apprentice

Social Status: 100 ( https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...09#post8857709 )

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cous copy.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	86424  

Last edited by Astra; 09-01-2020 at 10:46 PM.
Old 08-13-2020, 01:47 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Could I have my sidekick be a Bugbear? Wasn't sure on the status of goblinoids in Mysoth
Old 08-13-2020, 07:21 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2832
Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi
I think my app is complete, let me know if you want any edits.
Old 08-13-2020, 07:47 AM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23900
Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan
@derpoet - Bugbears in the MM have a CR of 1, and an Int of 8, so they will work. You will not be using the Volo's guide to Monsters though, for stats and racial perks and such. You will use the MM block.
Old 08-13-2020, 10:36 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1715
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
I think that my app is now complete, though I couldn't figure out how to put in a Hyperlink to my Social roll.

Please let me know if there is anything I should add or change to make it more campaign compliant.
Old 08-13-2020, 11:17 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6624
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
Laren the BlackName: Laren the Black

Race: Half-Elf
Class: Paladin (Oath of Conquest)
Social Status: Commoner (farmer)
Homelands: Village of Three Pines, situated to the south of Orcís Spear fortress, at the forest edge, Kingdom of El Stow

Sidekick: Lady Ebenea, human Expert 3, LG, 22 years of age
Lady Ebenea of House Ceriss, is the youngest daughter of an ambitious minor nobleman living in the Imperial City. Her father was able to secure military posts and knighthoods for most of his younger sons and advantageous marriages for his eldest daughters. For Ebenea, inspired by the girlís studiousness and piety, Lord Ceriss had in mind an ecclesiastical carrier. The girl easily learnt the tenets of Nomosis by heart and diligently performed all duties required of her. Despite her zeal and eight years after her initiation in the temple as an acolyte, she still hasnít performed even the slightest miracle to be able to prove the godís trust and favor. What in a commoner could be forgiven, was expected even, was cause for great shame and terrible anger in House Ceriss. Even a significant amount of gold spent in donations to strengthen the churchís power failed to secure the ordination of Ebenea as a priestess. The high priests of the order suggested that the young woman accompany Laren the Black in his journey of Conquest to the Kingdom of El Stow. The paladin was known for his deep, unshakable faith in Nomosis and his laws and the hierarchs figured that she could learn a great deal from him. At the same time, her perfect knowledge of the godís tenets would allow the holy warrior to make the right decisions at the side of King Grohl and better spread the faith of Nomosis in the land. Laren and Lady Ebenea agreed and the unlikely pair was formed.

The application is complete, unless changes are required. Feedback is always welcome.
Old 08-13-2020, 11:51 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15624
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
@Elanir - I could see our two characters getting along really well, and also disagreeing very passionately should they both make the cut.

I just realized that a "Cartwright" is actually a merchant and not a commoner. Although my app is complete, I'll go back and edit it to reflect a commoner and not a merchant.
Old 08-13-2020, 12:16 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6624
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
@Drachenspirit: There are many similarities in our charactersĎ backstories, though from different perspectives: an elven and a human one. Laren is deeply distrustful of elves but a person like Mylaela could change his mind, I think. In any case, I would love to be with you in another game, Drachenspirit, preferably one that goes on for a long time. As for both characters making the cut, letĎs keep our fingers crossed, shall we?
Old 08-13-2020, 01:40 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3530
Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil
To Council a KingThere was once a sad and sorry tale of a common laborer - you of genteel heeling would name his station 'serfdom'; I call him a slave. Though his muscles bulged with the toil of crushing rocks for their precious ores, his countenance withered daily, his face wan and sallow. The full story goes on exceedingly long; let us suffice to say that one day, his chains were broken. Subil-kreet (Number 78 in the garbled pigdin nascent to this mine alone) looked up to see the face of his King.

That was a long time ago. Since then, Subil'kren (a name claimed has no power to mock) learned that Grohl only came to the mine to claim its riches; freeing the pitiful serfs had been an act of mercy, but one calculated to humiliate and weaken his enemies. None of that matters to Kren (a nickname) - his loyalty is absolute, unswerving. No man's fool, Kren is perfectly aware of Grohl's faults and failings, but when asked why he follows the would-be King, Kren needs only lift his chain-scarred wrists in answer.

An Application, dryly writThe above is my attempt at a narrative introduction to Kren; below is my attempt at an easy to read application.
Name: Subil'kren (current), Kren (familiar nickname), Subil-kreet (former slave name), ------- (birth name, unknown)

Race: Goliath
Class(es): Some combination of Maybe Monk to go with the nonlethal flavor?Barbarian/Fighter
Background: Custom (Freedman). Proficiency in Athletics and Intimidation. Proficiency in Artisan: Mason tools. Personality as described elsewhere in the application.
A description of your homelands: Kren's first memories are bound in chains; he knows not where he came from, or even that his race is 'Goliath' and not 'Strange, Tuskless Orc.' So far as he knows, Kren was born Subil-kreet, Number 78, bound to tear at the hearts of mountains until the day he died. The mine, now claimed by King Grohl as one of his first acts in the name of the Emperor, lies far east of the Dwarven Mine Front. Rather than fund the entire expedition Himself, the Emperor granted Grohl authority to take the Glittering Falls Mine, rich in iron, silver, and salt, from the local warlord. Grohl's success was of fourfold benefit to the Emperor; a troublesome autonomous warlord was removed, Grohl's loyalty was shown, Grohl's military prowess (necessary to retake his birthright) was proven, and rich mineral wealth now flows to the Emperor's coffers. The renamed Sundered Falls Mine's new labor force includes the former overseers, trying on chains for the first time. While in ancient history the concept of maintaining an outpost hundreds of miles away was ludicrous, permanent teleportation circles vastly increase administrative control.
How did Kren meet King Grohl? See the introductory story for some of the details. As for what Grohl sees in Kren? Though the Goliath is rightly called savage, ruthless, and brutal, he also has a pronounced sense of justice. Of all his advisors, Kren is the most immune to external pressures, unlikely to pander even to the very Emperor. Notably, Kren has shown time and again his regard for the common people - he even once refused to slay an enemy of Grohl's, since to do so would have required the slaughter of that woman's personal guard. In Kren's eyes, many of those guards were just as chained as he had been back in the mines (though this impulse vanishes when self-defense is involved).
Sidekick: Penny is a human female lawyer, skilled in Imperial and Myothi legal codes. She was assigned to Kren to keep him from cutting through too much local tradition, and the two became fast, if unlikely, friends. Use the Spy statblock, Monster Manual p. 349.

Ability Scores: Prefer to roll (6x(4d6) drop lowest, 6x(3d6) done thrice choose your favorite, 6x(2d6+6), I like them all).
Social Status: commoner (foreign, miner, former slave)
5e Experience: Been using it since it was called Next.
Posting Rate: Can guarantee 3/wk, actual posting rate tends to be much higher.

Last edited by Mythrandil; 08-25-2020 at 03:41 PM.