twitter facebook

Notices

Old 08-17-2020, 09:46 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 301
Dirty Magic Dirty Magic Dirty Magic Dirty Magic
Here's Lum for your consideration. I'll apologize in advance... I love backstory and worldbuilding and all that jazz. I've tried to keep it narrative and place details in spoilerbuttons... hopefully it's easy enough to read and follow. I've taken some liberties in making the way-off western coast of the Mysoth Empire a wild frontier, distant from the capital, and dropping an island full of ne'er-do-wells off the coast... obviously I'll change what you need me to. Just say the word. There are a bunch of threads in his past that could be pulled at for future story complications should you wish, too. Love complications.

Mallum (“Lum”)
Race: Warforged (Reskinned. Literally.)
Class: Paladin/Chainlock

Personality
Mallum is very confident and self-assured in his morals; stubborn, even. He is Extremely Lawful. Strong, well led social order is there to protect the group and make it stronger. Rules are there to protect everyone. These edicts are Undeniably Correct: he may be doing things that other people think are evil, but he's confident that he's the “good-guy” because law and order is paramount to the well-being of society. He's not so confident when it comes to his own value as a person. He's been enslaved, torn apart and rebuilt, and passed around by gods. All these things erode one's confidence. Plus, he's not the sharpest scimitar on the weapons rack. But he works through things logically and methodically. He tends to be quiet and brooding. He had a hard childhood and still carries the physical and emotional scars.

Homelands and Young Life
Mallum was born an insignificant boy in an insignificant village on the wild western coastal frontier of the Mysoth Empire.

As a young boy, he was kidnapped by raiders and spirited off to Akat-Ghith as spoils.

Lum wound up the property of Lord Yazhiin Kyriakou, the powerful and corrupt leader of the Kyriakou crime family in Akat-Ghith. Young Mallum became a thug and enforcer for the crime family. Kyriakou's evil mages subjected the young boy to a painful series of magical and surgical procedures to fuse his flesh with wood and stone, magic and steel to turn him into a powerful, hulking monstrosity.

The newly reforged Mallum was now a boy in a monster's body. He was given as a protege to Sakita, a young monk in the employ of the Kyriakou Family. Sakita trained him in the ways of combat, intimidation, and loyalty. Sakita was a decent fellow in spite of his association with the Kyriakou and became something of a father figure to the young but powerful Mallum. Sakita was a devout worshiper of the goddess Mafdet and schooled Mallum in Her ways: Loyalty; Structure; Protection; Order and Justice.

As Sakita schooled young Mallum, it became apparent that the young monster excelled in both combat and channeling mystic powers. Lum became a powerful figure in the Kyriakou family.

Literally-Deus ex Machina
Without warning one day, a Solar appeared and led a revolt in Akat-Ghith. Hundreds of slaves and oppressed citizens rose up against their corrupt masters. The fighting spreading through the streets of the entire city.

Mallum and a group of freedom-seeking rabble managed to seize a ship and fled to the coastal kingdoms of Mysoth. There, the Solar appeared to Mallum to strike a deal: Mallum had attracted Mafdet's attention with his natural and unnatural abilities. Mallum was to do the bidding of Mafdet, to be a paragon that brought law and order to the coastal kingdoms. The Solar, Arathrielles, was to be her herald and Mallum would pact to him.

Iron Steward of the Coast
Mallum became an unlikely paragon of law and order in the western kingdoms of Mysoth, traveling the coast and aggressively working to bring the myriad little kingdoms under the orderly protection of the Empire. His methods were effective but delivered without mercy. He had known pain and brutality all his life and had few contrary inspirations to draw off. So, his Patron Arathrielles gifted him a Celestial familiar: a coach and companion to teach him the ways of mercy and provide him with options beyond heavy handed brutality.

Mallum and Myrrhina bickered their way up and down the coast, bringing law and order and the rule of the Mysoth Empire (and, thanks to Myrrhina's nagging, the occasional act of kindness) to the villages of the coast.

While Myrrhina provided constant and not always welcome input and advice to Mallum, much of his hard childhood continued to make him a hard adult. Arathrielles had another great idea which would teach Mallum about Goodness and Mercy (and, maybe just a little, complicate his life just for the sake of it.) A meazel was terrorizing Osh, a poor village deep in a coastal delta, abducting and devouring villagers by night. Arathrielles commanded that Mallum capture the meazel and teach it the ways of Good, basically mirroring the mission he himself was undertaking with Mallum.

In Service To The Emperor
Mallum and his group were something of a “special forces” unit for the Empire. Freebooting along the wild coast of Mysoth, they were the Empire's negotiators, intimidators, assault troops, and operatives-in-the-night taming a wild and disloyal land. They brought law and order and the Rule of Empire to the kingdoms of the frontier. They fended off the raiders from Lewdreef Island and drove back the wild beasts from the forests that beset upon the citizens of the coast of the Empire.

Mallum and his group are a disturbing sight to see: a hulking rock-man, a steel imp, and a swamp monster. Mallum and Myrrhina tend to change their appearance in polite company, while Xee tends to remain hidden in the shadows. Ultimately, however, they don't care what people think about them: they're on a mission from god.

Why We Love King Grohl
Not long ago, Mallum and his crew were taking a break from smiting brigands and bringing the coast under the iron fist of the Empire. They had journeyed to the Emperor's palace to discuss conditions and progress on the coast. It so happened that a young King Grohl was there as well, to petition the Emperor. It seems the young King had been usurped of his rightful birthright by a group of rich, self-serving nobles. Young King Grohl was a merciless soul, full of righteous anger and determined to reclaim his rightful place at the head of his kingdom. This was exactly what Mallum was made for.

The Emperor was beyond pleased that Mallum, his sword of order, arrived at exactly the time Grohl appeared to petition to take back his crown. The Emperor was convinced that divine providence was at play. Obviously, the union of Mallum and Grohl would herald in a new era of Imperial power and stability, annointed by the gods themselves. The Emperor proudly announced that Mallum would join Grohl's council as trusted adviser and sworn protector. The Emperor went so far as to throw a city-wide celebration to commemorate his astute math-making, featuring a feast that culminated in Mallum swearing allegiance to the young King in the name of the Emperor. The Emperor was pleased. Mafdet was pleased. Arathrielles... well... he'd adjust. And Grohl... well... he wasn't sure about this big, quiet lummox the Emperor had forced on him. Mallum was disturbing. The company he kept was disturbing. He seemed... slow. Awkward and perhaps not a proper representative for the Grohl legacy. But it was too important that the Emperor remain supportive of the bid to reclaim his throne. The public spectacle and enthusiasm from the Emperor made it impossible to refuse this new vassal.

I think they'd be a fun little group. All the gods influencing them are hard, traditional D&D alignments and the group itself is just kind of a mess in the middle.

Last edited by Dirty Magic; 09-03-2020 at 05:44 PM.
Old 08-18-2020, 02:42 AM
For Sanguinius!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4143
Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon
Howdy Bhelogan! Just writing to let you know my application is complete. All but the character sheet itself, which I will finalise pending any feedback you might have.
Old 08-18-2020, 07:55 AM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23900
Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan
I added a non-cannon map that shows more of the area around the El Stow region. I say non-cannon because nothing there is completely set in stone, (for example, the large lake I think is actually a bay that leads to the ocean a bit further east) but, it might help some of you. The NE forest is where the Silvery Sprouce elves once lived. The Mountains to the SE are not nearly as large as shown, and the area is a directly south is more swamp, before it becomes deserts.

Last edited by Bhelogan; 08-18-2020 at 10:14 AM.
Old 08-18-2020, 01:38 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12247
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
I'm going to call Ghorbash done. Rolled 100 for the status check and decided to go big for sidekicks and backstory.

Old 08-18-2020, 08:40 PM
Bladesinger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3175
Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil
My application should be complete. It turned out pretty concise. I can elaborate any part if you wish.
Old 08-18-2020, 08:51 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15619
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
With the deadline being the 4th of next month, I can definitely expand on my character's background as well. I could "flesh out" the elven town/city she's from a bit more as well.
Old 08-18-2020, 10:28 PM
Some Believe in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3604
Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra
I can as well, however I've also been on the receiving end of a player handing me 5 handwritten pages of backstory for a 1-5 campaign, so... Don't want to overwhelm you with reading, Bhelogan
Old 08-18-2020, 10:32 PM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23900
Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan
Yea, my focus is on Outplay through Friday. I will start reading over the applications so far over the weekend, and offer feedback at that point.
Old 08-18-2020, 10:55 PM
For Sanguinius!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4143
Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astra View Post
I can as well, however I've also been on the receiving end of a player handing me 5 handwritten pages of backstory for a 1-5 campaign, so... Don't want to overwhelm you with reading, Bhelogan
This is the truth right here. Resisting the urge to write more over the next couple of weeks. Probably will anyway, but will (largely) keep from adding it to the app!
Old 08-18-2020, 11:03 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I'm fessing up. I'm guilty of long backgrounds. I tried to keep Lum reasonable... "he did this, he did that, extra detail in a spoiler". I have even more detail in my head but it can get nuts fast if you write it all out. I do like to have enough detail and enough little hooks that a DM has the opportunity to dig stuff out and use it if they want. I fear walking that thin line between being creatively helpful and being a pain in the snootch.
Old 08-19-2020, 01:06 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 874
Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19
I put a lot of effort into this, because I could tell how much had been put into the game advertisement, and it wouldn't have been fair to give anything less than my best. I may add a tweak here or there as I think of additional background details, but as near as I can tell, I am calling my application Complete.

Application for Mysoth – The King’s Council

Name: Ebhen Phleaux

Race: Elf (Wood Elf)

Class: Monk (Way of the Open Hand)

Alignment: Lawful Good

Social Status: Commoner. Ebhen lives his life nowadays as a simple farmer alongside his former squire Vaeril, who he still refers to as Squire, even though Ebhen has not held a blade in ten years.

Sidekick: Vaeril "Squire" Gardener, Halfling Fighter.

Last edited by Noquarter19; 08-29-2020 at 06:46 PM.
Old 08-19-2020, 11:59 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1519
gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a
Completed Application
Name: Vicente Breltivir
Race: Aasimar (Protector)
Class: Paladin (Oath of Devotion)
Alignment: Lawful Good
Social Status: 62
Homeland/Backstory: Vicente was born into a human merchant family from the coastal city of Ignis, an important trading center for the Empire located across the sea that is northwest of the El Stow region. From his youth, he had the opportunity to gain considerable fighting experience helping fend off bandits from his family's merchant caravans.

Noting his skill at arms, and seeing an opportunity to advance his family's connections with the Imperial Court, his father arranged for Vicente to be apprenticed as a knight for one of the oldest Imperial noble families, the Cordobas. In the course of his career thus far, he has carried out many missions on behalf of the Cordobas. Over the course of these missions, he earned a reputation as both a skilled diplomat and a fierce warrior.

While his family and background are worldly by nature, Vicente has always had a strong spiritual calling from an early age. His patron angel appears in his dreams from time to time to urge him towards a more spiritual course. Vicente truly seeks to follow both his worldly and spiritual ideals, leading him to take the Oath of Devotion. He prefers to win hearts rather than battles whenever possible.

One of his birth family's most important trading relationships is with two tribes of hill dwarves of the Dwarven Mine Front. They work with the dwarves to import both raw materials and finished products from the hills across the sea to Ignis. Historically, the trade items traveled by caravan from the mountains through Oak Hill, Hay Field, and El Stow, where they would be loaded on boats and sent up the river to the northwestern sea. With the introduction of the teleportation circle, the time necessary to transport trade items along this route has shrunken considerably.

Unfortunately, the expense of transporting these items is also increasing due to the bottleneck that the teleportation circle represents. Its popularity has resulted in increasingly high prices charged for its use. Consequently, it has become more viable economically for the Breltevir's business interests to continue to use the overland route between Hay Field and El Stow that crosses through Orc's Spear.

The Council, however, has been discouraging use of this route due to two factors: the high expense of patrolling the route, and the potential loss of revenue for use of the teleportation circle. For political purposes, they publicly emphasize the first issue, but the second issue is very significant as well. The dwarf clans with whom the Breltevir family trades are unhappy with the fact that the dwarven representatives on the Council are adhering to this perspective as well.

This, then, has set the stage for conflict, which duly arrived. Poor communication between a Breltevir merchant caravan and local militia led to a tense standoff in Orc's Spear. Nobody is sure who landed the first blow, but ultimately the militia defeated the caravan guards (supplied by the Cordoba family) in combat, killing two of them and imprisoning the rest. The cargo, needless to say, has been seized.

King Grohl has promised "freedom and security for all of the Emperor's highways" once he is in charge of the El Stow region, much to the Emperor's satisfaction. The Breltevir and Cordoba families reached out to him, and they all found a mutual interest in how the caravan seizure incident showcases an example of the purported lawlessness in El Stow that Grohl and the Emperor seek to bring under control. Given his reputation as a diplomat and warrior, as well as his ties to both families, King Grohl was extremely pleased when they offered Vicente as a choice for his council. Grohl has greatly valued Vicente's advice, political skills, and strategic thinking thus far.

Vicente is horrified by the incident with the caravan and looks forward to helping bring the rebellious region to heel. He deeply respects King Grohl's commitment to the rule of law and the imposition of order in a situation of chaos. That said, he is unsettled by Grohl's penchant for ruthlessness, and seeks to use his influence to counter this. He is determined to succeed in his mission, but is unwilling to compromise his own principles to do so. He remains confident that he will find a way to square the circle and achieve Grohl's political goals without any moral compromises. He knows his patron angel would not stand for it.

Ultimately, both Vicente and the families he represents would like to see him gain a noble title, ruling a fief within El Stow under King Grohl's leadership. Perhaps he might establish a stronghold along the highway, helping pacify the region. Perhaps he might establish a stronghold at a suitable harbor along the coast of the northwest sea. Vicente is eager to investigate the possibilities for establishing a righteous and holy rule of law and order in the region.

Vicente's sidekicks include Ramon Cordoba, one of the younger sons of the current Cordoba patriarch, also a warrior, and Tanros Zaldon, a member of one of the hill dwarf clans with whom the Breltevir family does business.

Last edited by gjf2a; 08-31-2020 at 08:46 AM.
Old 08-21-2020, 11:21 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3504
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Application's done!

I didn't include too much information on the sidekicks- if you need more, or need me to change anything else, please let me know !

application
Name: Erevan Bryant
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Bard

Homelands
As a child, Erevan and his parents lived in a small but beautiful manor just south of El Stow. The area, renamed Bryant Hill in honour of the family's claim to the land, was situated on a low hill overlooking the city to the north, and the El Stow forests to the south. The manor itself stood atop the highest point of the hill, surrounded by a grassy meadow upon which grew the family's orchards of apple trees and grape vineyards. It was a peaceful place, a sanctuary from the bustle of the city's day-to-day business. On clear days one could clearly see the glistening waters of the El Stow lake, and during the warm summer evenings, lights of the city provided an impressive spectacle against the dark sky. On the western slopes, seeds of peas and potatoes were planted in the dark, fertile earth, the produce providing food and income all year round.

The mansion itself was a beautiful building, its small size doing little to diminish its grandure. A thick stone wall of greyish rocks ringed the manor, too low to obscure the view for its inhabitants, yet high enough to keep out animals and bandits. A black iron gate provided access from the north side. For the manor itself, expertly cut blocks of pink marble were used in the construction of its walls. A porch of mahogany preceded the entrance to the house- a thick double door of dark walnut, its six panels engraved with depictions of important events in the Bryant family's history.

After their flight from El Stow following the king's exile, the family attempted to settle in a bleak, packed town named Brookhold, a trading port of ill repute. A far cry from the idyllic Bryant Hill manor, crime in the city went largely unopposed by the callous authorities, as long as only the downtrodden were its victims. Tall buildings shrouded the grimy streets in perpetual shadow, yet the highest floors offered some escape from the sickening odour of the city's open sewers. Unfortunately, only the wealthy and the influential could afford an apartment on those floors- outsiders like the Bryant family were consigned to street level. The city was highly xenophobic, and firmly in the grip of the church of Bane. Its priests preached of absolute obedience to members of Brookhaven's ruling class- many of whom were themselves members of the church.

How I met your mother the king
While scouting the El Stow region in advance of their king's arrival, Grohl's agents realized something was amiss. Disappearances of highly placed individuals loyal to the council, unrest among the people, subtle yet unexplained shifts in local economics... At first glance these events seemed to be unconnected, yet studied as a whole by those actively investigating the area, it was almost as if an invisible hand was guiding this chain of setbacks for the region, with a clear goal in mind- the preservation of Bryant hill. Politicians advocating the Bryant mansion's demolition met with freak accidents. An investor aiming to dig up the orchards for a more industrial pursuit found himself penniless, his vault emptied in the night. When a local merchant house tried to buy said orchards, he found that the demand for apples and grapes had plummeted overnight, leading him to reconsider his investment. And when a priest of the local church suggested the mansion be repurposed as a place of religious meeting, a scandal linking him to practices even the church of Bruhaha could not approve quickly became public knowledge.

It seemed that whoever wanted to touch Bryant hill, soon found themselves persuaded to step away, leaving the mansion and the surrounding area in peace. Indeed, rumours had popped up among the people that the hill was cursed, and few dared set foot upon it. The king's agents, however, found that there was an all too mundane cause to these misfortunes. Realizing an outsider was meddling in El Stow's politics, they disguised themselves as merchants looking to purchase the mansion- and soon enough, they found themselves the target of an assassin. This assassin was caught and interrogated, and finally, it was revealed that the scion of the Bryant family was responsible for all that had happened in the mansion.

Intrigued that someone was willing to spend such effort and resources on keeping the mansion in stasis, king Grohl ordered his agents to travel to Brookhaven. There they found Erevan and, after some intial distrust, the two factions agreed to meet. King Grohl himself travelled to Brookhaven, and the pair spoke at length about their desires for the region- to return to how things were before, when king Grohl's father still reigned.

Unfortunately, during the king's stay in Brookhaven, the church of Bane which all but ruled the city decided to instate martial law, looking for fugitives from their god's law. While king Grohl had nothing to do with these fugitives, he was still a stranger in the city- forbidden to leave, and more than a little suspicious.

Recognizing the king's predicament, Erevan used his network of thieves and spies to hide the king, moving him from safehouse to safehouse so the church of Bane never found him. For weeks this continued, until finally the church had caught its culprits, and lifted martial law. Grateful for his service, the king announced he would bestow a boon upon Erevan for his aid. Hearing this, the half-elf stated he merely wished to continue serving the king, and help him retake the El Stow region. All he asked for was that, once the king was reinstated and the council removed from power, Bryant hill would be returned to him.

The king, at this point more than impressed with Erevan's abilities, realized he could use the half-elf. Here in Brookhaven, he had set up a network of liars and thieves, murderers and agitators, capable of thriving in the cut-throat criminal underworld of Brookhaven. He had protected the king at great expense, expecting no payment, and expressed a desire to help the king retake his lands. If the half-elf could set up a similar network in the El Stow region, he could undermine the council's lackeys in ways no warrior or mage ever could, and prepare the people for their king's return so that they would receive him with open arms. Erevan had earned the king's trust with both his loyalty and his ability, and when they left the city for El Stow, they did so together, as king and vassal.

Backstory
Erevan was born the child of baron Thomas Bryant, who was married to the half-elven merchant's daughter Leshanna. The family lived in a manor on a hill south of El Stow, which they had inherited from Erevan's grandfather, Tybalt Bryant. Tybalt had been granted this land, as well as his title, in recognition of his services to the crown. But where Tybalt had played an active part both in the city's politics and its defense, his son Thomas was happy to steer clear of the city, living off the luxury he had inherited. Thomas' only contribution to politics came whenever the king's latest decree required a certain measure of support- which Thomas was happy to supply, regardless of said decree's nature. In the eyes of his rivals, he was little more than a sycophant- to his allies, beneath their notice.

Yet, the family enjoyed the king's protection, sheltering the Bryants from the worst of their rivals' schemes. Their vast orchards and vegetable farms provided plenty of income for Erevan and his parents, and the wines fermented with apples and grapes from Bryant Hill are valued to this day. Yet when king Grohl was forced into exile, the Bryant family's position in El Stow became untenable. No longer under the king's protection, rivals of the Bryants quickly gathered to force Erevan and his parents from their home. While the king had been asked to leave via official documents, the Bryants, once the fledgling council had been bribed to look away and allies convinced to withdraw their support, were chased from their lands with sword and torch. And so, with young Erevan barely six years old, the family followed their king west, narrowly escaping with their lives.

They settled in Brookhold, a loud, unfriendly city which had but one redeeming quality- it had no relations with El Stow, meaning the family's rivals would not find them there. The Bryants spent most of their money to purchase a small apartment in a run-down tenement building, and the rest of it to try and set up a trade business. Each morning Erevan's father would visit the docks, buying whatever surplus the merchant ships brought in. Then, he'd spend the rest of the day trying to sell his wares at a profit. More often than not, Thomas would fail, and even on a good day he made barely enough for a healthy meal. Thomas blamed this on the city's xenophobic nature- his wife and child were both half-elves, which Thomas felt damaged his reputation with potential customers. Later, as poverty and poor health began to take their tolls on Thomas' mind, he came to resent his wife and Erevan for their "tainted" blood. Not even once did the baron turned petty trader consider that his own ineptitude was to blame- not even when he finally snapped. Thomas murdered Leshanna in a fit of rage, cutting off her ears and flaying her distinct elven features, before plunging his dagger in her heart. By the time the authorities arrived, Thomas had already begun giving his son the same treatment- the tip of Erevan's left ear had already been cut off by his crazed father.

Thomas was committed to an asylum for the insane, a facility meant to do little more than offer a place where Brookhaven's undesirables could rot. Erevan would have been moved to an orphanage- a fate only slightly less cruel than his father's, had it not been for Cedric Miles, his father's servant. When the Bryant family had fled their ancestral home, Cedric, loyal to a fault, had remained with them and taken up residence in the same building, supporting Thomas' business even when the baron's fortunes fell. With his master now confined to the asylum, Cedric resolved to provide for Erevan, unwilling to let the child be another victim of Brookhaven.

It was a solitary life for the boy, for the other children were quick to find a reason to pick on him- if not because of his deformed ear, then because of his parents, or his elven blood. It was a harsh childhood, yet somehow, Erevan did not break. Instead he grew resentful, pushing himself to excel- to prove to others that he was their better, regardless of their opinions of him. His keen mind and ambition put him through school, learning all he could about culture, art and trade. Erevan had decided he would become a merchant, a far better one than his father, simply to succeed where the old man had failed.

Despite his desire to belong to the upper class, erevan embraced his status as one of the downtrodden- learning to entertain them with music and tales to gain their support. Over the years, he built up his status through means both legal and illicit, befriending those he found useful and disposing of them once they had outlived their usefulness. To this end he created a number of personas, ensuring his own anonymity in his dealings with the less scrupulous elements of the city. His favorite identities were "Mr. Doors", a smuggler capable of procuring various illicit goods, and "Vicar Burns", an agitator capable of directing the masses against the sinners who just happened to also be Erevan's competition.

Once he had cemented himself as an important figure in both trade and local politics, Erevan decided Brookhaven had become too small for him. Reclaiming Bryant Hill became his new goal, as was exacting revenge on all those who had ousted him and his family thirty years ago. His final act before leaving town was to visit the asylum, and bribe the ordelies to administer an overdose of medicine to his father. His business concluded, Erevan departed for El Stow- to bring down the council, restore the rightful rule of prince Grohl, and reclaim Bryant Hill.

Last edited by DemonSlayer; 08-28-2020 at 01:37 PM.
Old 08-21-2020, 01:46 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I added some custom art for Xee, Mallum's meazel sidekick. It's under Xee's spoilerbutton. I definitely love custom art... helps define the character as much as a page of typing does.
Familiar art next!
Old 08-23-2020, 11:48 PM
Not lifting the siege yet

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 996
Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege
Cassandra - Completed
General information

Name: "Queen" Cassandra

Race: Chimera (Simic Hybrid)

Social status: Commoner (Slave) 17

Class: Fighter (Champion)

Story about Cassandra's homelands

Story about how Cassandra met King Grohl

Sidekick
  • Name: Ezekiel
  • Race: Human
  • Class: Warrior 3
Story about how Cassandra met Ezekiel

Future prospects

Last edited by Mindsiege; 09-03-2020 at 08:27 PM.