User Statistics
RPXP: 4384
Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas
Welcome to the jungle

Game NameWelcome to the jungle
Game SystemShadowrun
Themesurvival, investigations, crime
Flavourcyberpunk
Plot Summary"Ah, Seattle. The city that will make and brake more runners than the rest of the world combined.
Even the most drek for brains runner knows about the streets of Seattle.
Maybe you’d be wiser to be a dataslave for a small regional corp in a go nowhere town full of go nowhere people.
I’m not really sure what it is about Seattle that draws wanna-be runners like flies to a refuse pile. Maybe its all the neon and night clubs, or maybe all the middle-management suits just looking to be robbed. One things for sure, there’s always new runners ready to take a piece of the action.

What? You’re still here? Not enough brains to find a safer profession?

I suppose you might do. I might be able to find work for you from time to time. You’ll have to prove you’re up to the task though. We’ll start you off with something easy no?"

Everyone starts out with a milk run or two, to prove their mettle.

You've managed to not die. Now the fun begins.

You've got a gun, you've got a crew, now it's time to find work and start making a name for yourselves.

The runs wont be glorious, at first, but they'll pay decent, there will be thrills, and with each successful run, you'll move up in the world of the shadows.

Info and Setting
System: Shadowrun 5th Edition.

Well, the excitement of judging the shadowrun portion of this years Outplay has put the itch to do some shadowrunning of my own. As we don't have nearly enough Shadowrun here, I decided it's time to try running a game of my own again.

Our setting will be Seattle in 2075.
Your characters do not have to be from Seattle, but will have been in the area long enough to have made a connection to a local fixer.

To start, as I'm definitely rusty at running shadowrun, I'll be running modified prewritten missions, but as time goes on things will get more and more homebrewed.

Posting Rate: 2 times weekly. I'll update on Tuesdays and Saturdays.
I will be around on other days for OOC posts and questions.

Character Creation
You do not have to have a character sheet made up to apply.
I prefer that you make your characters in either Chummer5 or Hero Lab. But that is not a requirement.

Stat generation: Standard Priority as per the CRB. Established Runner.
Allowed Books:
Core Rule Book.
+2 Other official books.

Note: This does not apply to items. Just character options. If you do buy an item/weapon/drone etc from a book that I don't have access to, I might need you to send me a screen shot of its entry though.

Availability:
We're going with the standard rules/restrictions for character creation as written in the CRB. So max availability rating of 12, and max device rating of 6.

No Infected, shifter, or Matasapient characters.

If you are going to play a Decker/TM, plan on having a higher posting rate from time to time, as I don't want to hold up the game while we spend 2 weeks in a VR dive through the Matrix.

Contacts:
Don't worry about spending karma on a fixer. As you've been in Seattle long enough to do at least a run or two for some spending money, you'll have one, but you'll learn about her when the game start.

For any other contact you take, you'll want to put some thought into them beyond the basics. Once we get started, you'll need to write a brief bio on each of them. Name, description, anything distinctive about them, how you've met them. Things like that. If your contact has a high loyalty, I'll want to know why.

Application Format
Character Name:
Metatype:
Archtype:
Physical Description:
Personality:
Backstory:
RP Sample:
Write a roleplay sample from the point of view of the character you are applying with. It could be a negotiation with a Mr. Johnson, an altercation with an enemy, keep it to a reasonable length (500-1000 words give or take). Be sure to show your characters personality.

Rumors:
Write 4 rumors about your character, two that are true, and two that are false. Do not post which two are false!
If your character joins the team, send me a PM letting me know which two are false.

What kinds of runs interest you / your character:
This one isn't required, but will help me for planning. Are there certain types of runs you really enjoy? Ones you really don't like or that your character is morally opposed to?

Applications
#CharacterPlayerMetatypeArchtype
1Pete SawyerTADHGHumanOther/Guide
2M3LK0RBrennenMElfAdept/Face
3Hugh Carter / ArcturusBlackfyreElfMystic Adept (face)
4HowlerBlackfyreHumanStreetsam
5Leanna Owens / LucentbothersHumanChaos Magician/support
6MangeySir SwindleHumanRigger
7Death OtterSalmonMaxHumanTechnomancer
8Aleksander "Mother" JonsPreacherwolfTrollStreet Sam
9Nicté XiuThe Rat QueenHumanHealer
10AcidGleefulNihilismDwarfCovert Ops
11Jay Allen / HellhoundGleefulNihilismHumanInvestigator
12Adonay Velasquez / ChaacderpoetHumanAdept/Gunslinger/Investigator
13Severia "Singray" StregadiDAquilinaTrollStreet Samurai
14Taylor Elisabeth Harukana "Wraith"AlyfoxelfInfiltration/Scout/Sniper
15Yvette 'Edge' AuberjonoisacgreenHuman?Thief
16RoninNoquarter19HumanDecker
17Sofia "Adora" ValentiaTahrilElfMage

Application Deadline: 9/5/2020 12PM Mountain Time GMT-6

Last edited by Eddas; 09-03-2020 at 08:18 PM.
Old 08-21-2020, 09:55 PM
Lord of Clams

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 909
ClamLord ClamLord ClamLord ClamLord ClamLord ClamLord ClamLord ClamLord
Keanu Reeves? Is that you?
Old 08-21-2020, 10:13 PM
Archwizard of Flavor Town

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1228
derpoet derpoet derpoet derpoet derpoet derpoet derpoet derpoet derpoet
I think I'm interested! I was just wondering if you'd mind someone newer to the system? I bought the 5th edition core rulebook a couple of years back but man, did I have a rough time trying to understand the game. I absolutely love the setting and aesthetic, though, so I keep wandering back.
Old 08-21-2020, 10:19 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4384
Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClamLord View Post
Keanu Reeves? Is that you?
I'm not nearly so breathtaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpoet View Post
I think I'm interested! I was just wondering if you'd mind someone newer to the system? I bought the 5th edition core rulebook a couple of years back but man, did I have a rough time trying to understand the
game. I absolutely love the setting and aesthetic, though, so I keep wandering back.
Not at all. Roleplay is more important than rollplay to me.
I find that you learn a system best by playing it. There are plenty of experienced players that can answer your questions and help you learn.

I look forward to reading your application if you decide to apply.

Last edited by Eddas; 08-21-2020 at 10:20 PM.
Old 08-21-2020, 10:33 PM
Archwizard of Flavor Town

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1228
derpoet derpoet derpoet derpoet derpoet derpoet derpoet derpoet derpoet
Then I will definitely apply! I'm confident in my writing, just not my understanding of the system

I'll have to get my rulebook out of a box in the attic it's been in for nearly two years now
Old 08-21-2020, 10:36 PM
Lord of Clams

Tools
User Statistics
I have no idea what Shadowrun is.

I might be back in a week or so after doing some research on the game and its mechanics, and we will see if I apply.

Right now I'm interested. I think the setting is awesome.
Old 08-21-2020, 10:59 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31760
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
ClamLord, I won't lie, Shadowrun is a harsh mistress, but it's still my favorite game around.

If you're looking for a quick primmer, feel free to look over the Shadowrun 5e training game I've been trying to put together

I'd suggest looking over the quick start rules I have linked under the player resources tab. It's a quick read and it will hopefully convince you to go the rest of the way down the rabbit hole!!!
Old 08-21-2020, 11:04 PM
Lord of Clams

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks a lot, man! I'll definitely take a look.
Old 08-21-2020, 11:06 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 283
Alyfox Alyfox Alyfox
When you say "Core +2 other official books", are you saying to pick 2 and thats it? :'( !! At any rate, I am so very interested. I have a ton of character ideas already so hopefully this wont take too long.
Old 08-22-2020, 02:18 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15457
Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre
Hey Eddas, this sure sounds interesting. More SR, yay!

What's the application deadline?
Old 08-22-2020, 02:20 AM
Descent Gaming Bradenton

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1169
TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG
Two plans. I have a young character that is ...not quite a Shadowrunner, if you get my drift. Or an orc street samurai. Definitely one or the other at this point.
Old 08-22-2020, 02:33 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 793
Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19
My only Shadowrun experience is listening to the guys play it on Harmontown - that is to say, I have no experience, but I will give that primer a look and see what I can come up with. here's what I've got. This was a definite challenge!

I figured, even if I don't get in, it's still good practice to try to do the mechanics of the character build. Would love feedback on what I have so far.
Application for Ronin
left-aligned image

Character Name: Ronin
Metatype: Human
Archtype: Decker
Physical Description: Ronin is a fairly nondescript Japanese human male, aside from a half-finished neck tattoo. Standing 6'0", Ronin wears a suit, sunglasses, and a hat if the weather is foul - which, in Seattle, is most of the time. His expression is fairly bland, but he hides a lot of his feelings behind his shades. He has no facial hair, and his hat covers short black locks. He takes effort to conceal an unfinished tattoo of a dragon made of wires and circuits, a product of an interrupted entry into one of Seattle's yakuza syndicates.

Personality: In his mid-twenties, Ronin is quiet with people he knows. Preferring a dry sense of humor to the boisterous personality of many Americans, Ronin prefers to let his skills in the matrix, or behind a gun barrel do the talking.

Backstory:

RP Sample:

Rumors:
Write 4 rumors about your character, two that are true, and two that are false. Do not post which two are false!
If your character joins the team, send me a PM letting me know which two are false.
  • Ronin was trained by his uncle, who learned to be a decker from Fastjack
  • Ronin was born blind, and his father hid the fact that his son had cybernetic replacement eyes due to the stigma of cybernetics
  • Ronin was educated solely in the Matrix; he doesn't actually know what a real life classroom looks like.
  • Ronin's biggest hobby is switching the audio feeds between trideos at the local theater

What kinds of runs interest you / your character: OOC: I'm still too new to the game to really know what's out there for run options. Ronin hasn't burned all his bridges with the Shotozumi-rengo, he's just not welcome to join due to his father shooting up the place to keep him from joining. They recognize his abilities and utilize him when they can. I'm sure he's also had interactions with Johnson's from local corps by way of their affiliations with the yakuza.

IC: "Whatever you need, chummer, as long as you've got the credstick to make it worth my while."

Last edited by Noquarter19; 09-03-2020 at 02:15 PM.
Old 08-22-2020, 03:17 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 322
deazra deazra deazra deazra
*dusts off their Ares Predator* Aight, Chummer. Let’s do this. I’ll dive into my books and whip something up if time permits.
Old 08-22-2020, 04:26 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 322
deazra deazra deazra deazra
Core+2 you say? Hmm...

Last edited by deazra; 08-22-2020 at 04:28 AM.
Old 08-22-2020, 05:35 AM
Rhymes with 'frothers'

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1855
bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers
Interested. Will be following this one regardless of application status - been hoping a new game would pop up so I can observe a shadowrun GM at work in the wild from day 1