twitter facebook

Notices

Old 08-25-2020, 07:57 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4517
Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas
I had to look up what suplexing was lol. Not a wrestling fan so was unfamiliar with it.
Old 08-25-2020, 08:20 AM
Rhymes with 'frothers'

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1855
bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers
The only reason I knew what it was is because there's a character in Borderlands 2 that has a whole voice bit about suplexing a shark wearing a bolo tie ('You may ask, "Who was wearing the bolo tie, you or the shark?" Answer: YES."') and I had to look it up too! Something about it just seems to invite absurd scenarios.
Old 08-25-2020, 08:32 AM
Dragoonies never say die!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4647
AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon
Oh the suplex definitely lends itself to super silly scenarios. There's a Final Fantasy game where a character can suplex a train. Talk about going off the rails! I'm still evaluating if I have the time to apply, you guys have some great characters here already.
Old 08-25-2020, 08:39 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12388
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Do it! I want to so badly, but I'm already in too many games with more to come.

(Jake the Snake's DDT was always, by far, my favorite wrestling move as a kid).
Old 08-25-2020, 09:15 AM
Descent Gaming Bradenton

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1169
TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG
Quote:
Originally Posted by bothers View Post
Suplexing a spirit!

In my last D&D game, I, a gnome (average height 3.5 feet), tried to suplex a gnoll (average height 6 to 7 feet). It didn't work. I hope Mother has more luck making his dreams come true!

In my NPSG, I shoulder blocked the goblin. Couldn't hit him with my weapon until is knocked him prone. My favourite moves were the sunset flip (a reversal), and the Frankensteiner. (Basically, you're sitting on the guy's shoulders and you take him down with a head lock.).
Old 08-25-2020, 09:20 AM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13245
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Hi Eddas.

I'm thinking of applying to the game but I have a question about the plot summary. So... this game is going to be about an 'NPC' calling us fools for being runners? Or is the point of the game to prove that we're fools for being runners?

And would you be okay with a runner who doesn't have a clear archetype?

Last edited by girlplay; 08-25-2020 at 09:21 AM.
Old 08-25-2020, 10:36 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlplay View Post
Hi Eddas.

I'm thinking of applying to the game but I have a question about the plot summary. So... this game is going to be about an 'NPC' calling us fools for being runners? Or is the point of the game to prove that we're fools for being runners?

And would you be okay with a runner who doesn't have a clear archetype?
So your fixer, who the party will learn more about once the game starts, is a jaded former shadowrunner herself. So she knows what it means to be a runner, and if she can discourage someone who isn't serious, or anger them enough that they decide not to be, by saying they are being fools, then she feels that she has in all likelihood saved their lives.

Everyone that works for her gets the same opening monologue. Once you've proven to her that you have what it takes, she quits calling you a fool, unless of course you do something else foolish.

Yeah, but if you don't have a clear archtype, just write a couple sentences on what your runner brings to the team, what they can do that would make someone want to run with them or hire them.
Old 08-25-2020, 11:22 AM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
What is the plot of the game?
Old 08-25-2020, 12:07 PM
Distanced, Socially

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17106
DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina
You know what? Posting interest. Let's see if I can get this SR train rolling properly.
Old 08-25-2020, 12:37 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@girlplay:
So, that mostly depends on the players themselves.
We're starting out on a simple run, investigate a series of attacks and stop them.

From there, the jobs offered will depend on the individual group. That's why I asked what types of runs each character would be interested in. That tells me what the players like, or don't like, and for rumors regarding the players, so I know what kinds of plot hooks to cast.

I'm also going to have a sub-plot that's happening in the background, that the characters will have the opportunity to find clues about, that may take a front stage down the road, but I'm waiting till the game starts to develop that.

@DAquilina,
Awesome, I look forward to reading your application!
Old 08-25-2020, 02:21 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks for explaining your general plans for the direction of the game. That helps me with understanding the nature of what to expect. From the sounds of it, I would not be happy with being involved in this story. So, I am withdrawing my letter of intent to apply.
Old 08-25-2020, 02:37 PM
Distanced, Socially

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17106
DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina
Old 08-25-2020, 03:15 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12388
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Old 08-25-2020, 04:18 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 277
Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by bothers View Post
Suplexing a spirit!

In my last D&D game, I, a gnome (average height 3.5 feet), tried to suplex a gnoll (average height 6 to 7 feet). It didn't work. I hope Mother has more luck making his dreams come true!
Moments like this are exactly why I love playing tabletop RPG's, even if they fail. I run a D&D 5E game where the barbarian is basically just a giant luchador with no concept of weapons. His greatest achievement was suplexing a hydra
Old 08-25-2020, 04:41 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15507
Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre