Pokemon The Bahamut Gym Challenge: A Pokémon Tabletop United Game - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 09-01-2020, 12:56 AM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3654
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
I'll have an RP sample up tomorrow. Question for the DM though; how do you feel about nicknames? Cool or cringe?
Old 09-01-2020, 01:39 AM
Master of Undeath

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13298
Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touketsu View Post
I'll have an RP sample up tomorrow. Question for the DM though; how do you feel about nicknames? Cool or cringe?
Valid question, I'd also like to know.

Edit: Down to the last two slots of my team(one of them the legendary option) and have met all other requirements. This is tough. XD

Last edited by Yuul; 09-01-2020 at 03:25 AM.
Old 09-01-2020, 02:45 AM
Master of Undeath

Tools
User Statistics
Alas, withdrawn.

Last edited by Yuul; 09-04-2020 at 01:15 AM.
Old 09-01-2020, 03:59 AM
For Sanguinius!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4143
Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon
I'm really interested in trying my hand at a Pokemon RPG, so I am strongly considering posting an application. I've never played any Pokemon TTRPG, but have been a big fan of the series (though like Yuul, was more an avid watcher of early seasons/generations than later ones). I did play Sun & Moon on DS though, so there's that.

Just looking over the ruleset and such first. I do also have a couple of other applications in for other games, so I will have a think on it and either put an app up, or let you know I've decided not to. I really think it could be some fun though!
Old 09-01-2020, 04:10 AM
Master of Undeath

Tools
User Statistics
On another note, I know fire and electric aren't all that great against Dragons, but I am not building a team without my buddy Char or my favorite Eevee evolution.

Last edited by Yuul; 09-01-2020 at 09:24 AM.
Old 09-01-2020, 06:47 AM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3666
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
Nicknames are good. Helps out a lot in this game, actually.
Old 09-01-2020, 05:40 PM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
I’m finished with my application. Feedback is welcome and appreciated.
Old 09-02-2020, 03:33 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
@Touketsu - I like the direction you are taking with this character from Kanto. It is a very good application, full of story flavor and possible hooks. I know you still have some mechanical decisions to make, but I feel like you give enough information that I can get a good feel for the character's history and goals.
Old 09-02-2020, 06:52 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 568
Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado
Heya. Posting for interest, and for a question.

Do we have to have 6 pokemon? Or could we start with less? I'm guessing capturing more pokemon will be part of the story as we go.
I'm constructing an application on the side, though I must admit this will be my first time playing with this system haha

[EDIT]
Hey wait a second. I know you from that PMD Explorers game.
Good to see you doing your own thing now! Hehe!

Last edited by Dechado; 09-02-2020 at 07:01 PM.
Old 09-02-2020, 07:12 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks. And yes, you can start with less if you wish. But this is a gym challenge delve so you won't be able to find more than 1 or 2 pokemon that are not already owned.
Old 09-02-2020, 07:21 PM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homestarbaby View Post
@Touketsu - I like the direction you are taking with this character from Kanto. It is a very good application, full of story flavor and possible hooks. I know you still have some mechanical decisions to make, but I feel like you give enough information that I can get a good feel for the character's history and goals.
Glad you like! Yeah, unfortunately I’m one of those old folks that played the first couple generations and is infinitely more familiar with them than the later ones, so I figured I’d play to my strengths story-wise and play someone from Kanto, Johto, or Hoenn.
Old 09-03-2020, 05:04 AM
Master of Undeath

Tools
User Statistics
Going to try and get mine done later tonight, last night was game night.
Old 09-03-2020, 09:28 PM
For Sanguinius!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4143
Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon
Hey guys, it looks like I'm not going to have time to finish my app before the deadline. A shame, but life had other ideas it seems! Good luck with the game!

I just can't shake the desire to do this. Gonna hustle as best I can and hope that I get an app done in time.

Last edited by Arkaon; 09-04-2020 at 12:22 AM.
Old 09-04-2020, 12:33 AM
Master of Undeath

Tools
User Statistics
You and me both.

Alas, I am out of time(on my end) and can't see myself finishing this by the time I'd get back to my computer today. So withdrawn, unfortunately. Saving my application in my CS private thread for later though. Sorry if I wasted your time.

Last edited by Yuul; 09-04-2020 at 01:17 AM.
Old 09-04-2020, 03:08 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 365
Schroedingerdude Schroedingerdude Schroedingerdude Schroedingerdude
ApplicationName: Vincent Rojas
Appearance: Lanky build. Pale skinned. Often looks morose. Wears a leather jacket, white shirt, and jeans as his standard. Click image for larger version

Name:	Vincent 2c.bmp
Views:	2
Size:	4.77 MB
ID:	86691
Description: He is methodical, taciturn, introverted, and often keeps to himself. But once he opens up, he is warm and tender-hearted. People often see him as a "loner" and aloof. Because of this, he doesn't make friends quickly. The relations ships he does have are solid
Background: Vincent's father was a gym leader and had used the income from that to support Vincent, his incapacitated mother, and his two younger brothers. At 17, his father died, leaving Vincent as the breadwinner for the family. The income he was bringing in after this has been insufficient to keep up with his mother's worsening health.
Why: He is trying to become a gym trainer because he is trying to support his family. His strategy involves using precise strikes and opposing element types to his advantage.
Roleplaying Sample: Vincent surveyed the situation before him. His Wartortle stood ready to do battle opposite the Ghastly across from him. "The opponent is using a Ghost-Type" He thought. "You're going down!." His opponent bellowed. That is what you think" Vincent mused to himself. Wartortle, use Bite" The turtle pokemon obeyed, rapidly moving and striking the opposing monster. Surprising the Ghastly, the Wartortle was able to chomp down on the incorporeal being. The Ghastly was able to scratch the Wartortle, leaving marks on the shell.
Team
1. Wartortle |Modest nature| w/ moves Bite, Water Gun, Withdraw, Bubble, Tail Whip, Ice Beam(TM)
2. Skarmory |Naive nature| w/ moves Peck, Sand Attack, Metal Claw, Air Cutter, Fury Attack, Aerial Ace(TM)
3. Meditite |Rash nature| w/ moves Bide, Meditate, Confusion, Detect, Force Palm, Shadow Ball(TM)
4. Dialga |Quiet nature| (Legendary, Dragon) w/ moves Dragon breath, Metal Claw, Slash, Power Gem, Fire blast(TM)
5. Sableye |Lonely nature| w/ moves Scratch, Night Shade, Fury swipes, Detect, Shadow sneak, Low sweep(TM)
6. Shedinja |Hasty nature| w/ moves Leech life, sand attack, fury swipes, spite, solar beam(TM)

Hopefully this application isn't too late.