RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 08-30-2020, 02:35 PM
Season starts THIS week

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 66454
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
September POTM

This is the place to nominate those posts in September games that rose above the humdrum and ordinary.

Go ahead. Nominate someone, it's easy. And it feels good. And it's free.

Not much in life can say all three of those things, eh?
Old 09-19-2020, 05:58 AM
Playin' Dungas and Dragos

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14590
pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90
Nominee: SonofSamWich
Game: Tyrant's Grasp
System: PF 1E
GM: Pianoman90
Post Link: Celeste's Hope and Despair

Reason for Nomination: The PCs have been trudging through a crypt hell-bent on returning to their town to right some wrongs, only to discover in shuddering detail that they are dead and their town has been destroyed. Moments after this terrible revelation, they actually discover that they themselves are not dead, they have survived in some strange way yet to be explained, but their friends, families and lovers are most certainly dead-dead. Confusing? Yes. Emotional roller-coaster? Most certainly.

Cue SonofSamWich's post. Not a word was spoken, yet the intense roiling emotions could be felt. The victories hard-fought for so far are meaningless when contemplating the void. Death feels so final, so much perhaps left unsaid. Celeste may have 5 other PCs nearby, but this post captures the cruel feelings that we can all feel so strongly and for all these reasons, this post moved me in particular. Beautifully poignant writing, short and simple, yet powerful!

Have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Old Today, 06:24 AM
Dripping with Alchemy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4010
MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds
Nominee: cottontailwind
Game: Niyaga's Silver Marches
System: D&D 5e
GM: Niyaga
Post Link: Varley-of-Tuesday

Context: The PC's are nearing the end of a battle. Nothing incredibly world-shattering is happening, just another day in the life of our adventurers. Varley the introspective-if-not-terribly-bright half-elf barbarian has been unconscious for several rounds of combat.

Reason: It's all too often that unconscious PC's get skipped over, both at the real-life table and in pbp games. Cottontailwind proves that there is perhaps more to be considered... much more... when it comes to experiencing the unconscious state that comes from getting beaten to a bloody pulp. The surface post is deceivingly basic, just one simple sentence, but mousing over the tooltip reveals a wealth of insight into the barbarian's mind! This was hands-down the best interpretation of being unconscious I have ever witnessed in 6 years of gaming. Bravo!

Current posting status: Normal!

Last edited by MoldyNolds; Today at 06:25 AM.