Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 640
Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom
Charles
right-aligned image
Name: Charles Stanton

Concept: Sharpshooter, Army Deserter

Appearance: Stanton stands a tall 6'2, with a lean build he bulks up with a thick riding jacket. He sports tussled brown hair and a thick handlebar mustache. Stanton looks like he belongs on some easy going swine farm out in Tennessee, and he did in a past life. Several scars and one particularly bad powder burn on his left arm tell stories more recent.

Personality: Calm, consistent, steady,these are not words often associated with heavy drinkers. But that's what most folks would say about Stanton. Though constantly nursing a flask, the man is not given to rage or sullenness, this comes with sobriety. Stanton is the type to speak last so all other options are presented, and will more often side with a present suggestion than bring his own to the table. He keeps to himself but avoids the lone old man persona well enough.

Backstory Stanton grew up on a Germantown Swine farm where things stayed fairly calm. As with most children, calm didn't do it for Stanton's sense of adventure, and he left out at seventeen. Crossing the Mississippi, Stanton joined up with a battalion removing some Native Americans for development.

Seventeen turned into twenty-seven quickly in the harsh environment of the army. Stanton yearned for the simple and hated what the wars were bringing him. Nightmares and hallucinations prompted the young man to drink, and bourbon seemed the only cure for his sleepless nights. He found his chance at freedom during a standoff just inside Arkansas state lines. Native's overran the camp at night, and while those who fought beside Stanton for three years fought for their lives, Charles ran.

Running only moved Stanton from the armies hands into the devils. His commanding officer, a Lt. C.L. Pilton had survived the attack and Stanton soon found himself branded a deserter fit only for the noose. He kept on the run, eventually falling in with Elijah's gang during a bar brawl. Elijah gave Stanton an easy escape from the army, or at least some people to run with for the next eight years, until fate caught up to Elijah as surely as it would with Stanton.

Connections:

Jess Harper: Jess is a spitfire woman Stanton views as the daughter he never did have, though she probably feels otherwise. They have a love hate relationship. Stanton loves to guide and nurture the twenty something year old. And Jess loves to remind Stanton she could out-shoot, out-drink, and out-brawl the wash-up every chance she gets. Most likely its all in good fun. . . Stanton likes to think.

Holcomb: Everyone favorite cook in the gang. Holcomb was the closest to Stanton's age but far less capable. Holcomb lost a leg in the same wars that took Charles sanity, and the two would spend time together in silent revelry either at the local bars, or with Stanton sitting near the spit as Holcomb worked his magic.

Opinions: Stanton sat and sipped his whiskey, the bar had run out of bourbon before the groups arrival and the sweeter drink sank sour in the mans stomach. He always knew Elijah's half thought out plans would end the man's life, but he had hoped it would take his own first. Seeing his friend, hell his salvation from a lone renegades life, motionless in the dust of their horses was too much to handle right now. He took another sip and rubbed at his throat, feeling as though a noose had begun to pull him.

Last edited by Wyrom; 09-16-2020 at 09:25 AM.
Old 09-11-2020, 12:50 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 604
HalcyonRhys HalcyonRhys HalcyonRhys HalcyonRhys HalcyonRhys HalcyonRhys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Hammerhand View Post
@halcyon: Very nice concept! Well put together and thought out. You don't have to have the henchman talent to have a companion since you guys do have a small group of individuals that will help you out at times but if you want to utilize dual guns, you'll need the Dual Wield talent. Just a heads up
I had the idea that she could be a sidekick; staying with Doc, rather than just someone hanging around back at camp. I saw your earlier post about the dual-wield skill, and it's something he can get later; assuming experience is given, or at least new abilities from time to time. I didn't go that deep into tha background, but he could have gotten the belt from someone that was killed during the failed train robbery. He's a doctor, not a gunfighter, so he hasn't managed that level of skill yet.

Posting Status: Tuesday-Thursday and Saturday: EVENINGS
Monday, Friday and Sunday: OPEN
Old 09-11-2020, 02:33 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 500
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
Halcyon: good thought process, I dig you.
Old 09-11-2020, 02:51 PM
One Among the Fence

Tools
User Statistics
I love the concept of some real world style western fun. Might scratch that Red Dead Redemption 2 itch I have been dreading would come back...

Last edited by Wyrom; 09-11-2020 at 02:54 PM. Reason: I am in fact blind
Old 09-11-2020, 03:07 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
You're picture isn't coming up, Wyrom If you need some help, with it, just send me a PM or something, I'm pretty good at pictures.
Old 09-11-2020, 03:13 PM
One Among the Fence

Tools
User Statistics
I have this problem when it comes to resizing. Any tips on where I can dump it to make it stick? Seems pulling from one drive causes issues
Old 09-11-2020, 03:42 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
If you want to pull it straight from your comp, you can use Token stamp. and then upload, and show image in new tab then copy/paste the link from there.
Old 09-11-2020, 03:47 PM
One Among the Fence

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks! Also wrapped up a first draft. I am sure I will tweak it a few times but if you've got some time to look it over let me know.
Old 09-11-2020, 05:37 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I like your first draft, Wyrom! Brush it up as you see fit but nothing jumps out at me! Good picture!
Old 09-13-2020, 10:24 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Art:
Some Inspirational art!

Last edited by Hal Hammerhand; 09-13-2020 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-14-2020, 06:15 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
If this isn't garnering much interest, which I am thankful to the two who have applied with phenomenal applications, but would Wyrom or HalcyonRhys mind a system switch to a Modern variant version of 5e DnD?

Last edited by Hal Hammerhand; 09-14-2020 at 06:15 PM.
Old 09-14-2020, 06:17 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 37074
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Having a link to the game system rules in your opening post is a nice touch.

Do you have a specific posting rate in mind?
Old 09-14-2020, 06:17 PM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13606
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Bridget McCleary
Concept: Frontier woman/Soiled Dove
Appearance: Bridget is a young woman in her twenties, though her eyes make her seem older, somehow. While beautiful, she has a hard expression that somewhat ruins the effect. She wears men's clothing most of the time for comfort and serviceability.
Personality: Bridget tends to keep to herself around strangers, though she warms to those she trusts, which aren't many. While friendly and engaging most of the time, there is a deep anger and resentment, as well as sadness, that keeps her from opening up too much. Possessing little in the way of book smarts or education, she does have a keen survival instinct and some hard-earned street smarts.
Backstory: Bridget and her husband Neil had been excited about joining the caravan that would follow a trail that had been blazed for settlers, rumored to lead all the way to the other coast. There, they would build a home for themselves and the baby that was on the way and likely to be born before they arrived. It was a grand plan, though one fated for disaster. Bridget remembers the horrible grinding and snapping noise of the broken axle, pitching both of them to the ground as the wagon tumbled. Bridget landed hard enough to knock her unconscious, and when she woke, she'd lost the baby. Not only that, but she'd lost her husband as well, who was crushed by the wagon. Alone and nearly penniless, she had little choice but to take up work in a cathouse at the next town. It allowed her to survive, and even save up a little money, which gave her hope for the future. Again, however, fate changed her plans when she was forced to kill an aggressive customer who began beating her. Because the man had been unarmed and Bridget had shot him with her derringer, she was sentenced to hang for murder. She escaped her cell that night by seducing the deputy and knocking him unconscious, taking his pistol and horse to flee. She knows there's a warrant out for her, so now she lives outside the law, stealing to survive.
Connections: Roos Samson, 15 year old Dutch girl who ran away from home to escape abuse. Bridget has taken Roos under her wing and the two consider each other to be like sisters.
Eustace Stanković, male Canadian fur trapper well into his 70s. When the fur trade all but vanished as fashion shifted to more eastern trends, Eustace found his retirement funds in jeopardy. He hooked up with the bandits to supplement his savings, but his vision isn't what it used to be and he's about as dumb as the beaver-fur cap he wears, so he's mostly dead weight.
Opinions: Bridget was grateful that Elijah gave her a chance with the gang and protected her. He was a bit of a mentor to her, teaching her to shoot and fight, as well as the craft of banditry. His loss upsets her greatly, though it's just one more disappointment in a growing string of tragedies. She has absolutely no plans or desire to lead the group.

Last edited by The Rat Queen; 09-14-2020 at 06:27 PM.
Old 09-14-2020, 06:28 PM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13606
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Hammerhand View Post
If this isn't garnering much interest, which I am thankful to the two who have applied with phenomenal applications, but would Wyrom or HalcyonRhys mind a system switch to a Modern variant version of 5e DnD?
I was putting my post together when this came in...is the game canceled?
Old 09-14-2020, 06:48 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Rat Queen: The game is not canceled, I just had a feeling that the system wasn't the most desirable but if I can get at least one more application in favor of Warrior, Rogue and Mage, We'll have a group.

Zevonian: I tend not to set a posting rate since I can barely stick to it sometimes, but I would like to say ...1 post every other day. aprox...

Last edited by Hal Hammerhand; 09-14-2020 at 06:53 PM.