twitter facebook

Notices

Old 09-14-2020, 11:35 AM
For Sanguinius!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4143
Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon
Putting in a placeholder, whilst I put pen to paper on this one.
Old 09-14-2020, 12:12 PM
Level 30 Commoner

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4926
Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touketsu View Post
Whoops; missed the barbarian. But uh... I'M the paladin, lol.
You can add a Goliath Wizard to the list!
Old 09-14-2020, 12:32 PM
Level 30 Commoner

Tools
User Statistics
Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255
@lostcheerio: Two questions:

- For languages... how would you feel about me taking Yeti language? It seems like it could be useful, or it could be a dead feature (idk); but it seems like it'd be pretty fun for a Hermit to be able to talk to bigfoots, yetis, 'squaches, and skunkapes.

- As for the start of the campaign; is there any location we need to sort of find ourselves at? Like a tavern in a city, or at one of the Ten Towns?
Old 09-14-2020, 12:46 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5803
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuvash255 View Post
You can add a Goliath Wizard to the list!
Soooo. A party of Goliaths, you say?

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Old 09-14-2020, 12:50 PM
Peek-a-boo

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7743
Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom
I have to say that in the 7 years while I was away from the site people, have really stepped up the quality of their applications. These are some really nice looking apps and some very interesting characters so far.

+

Last edited by Chrystrom; 09-14-2020 at 04:21 PM.
Old 09-14-2020, 01:30 PM
Level 30 Commoner

Tools
User Statistics
@Chrystrom: Yeah, there's already some great characters around here.

@kymrel: All we need now is another Goliath caster or ranger, and we'll really be cooking with gas!

@lostcheerio: One more question - How do you feel about content from the Elemental Evil Player's Guide? (That PDF is from the wizard's homepage - it was free content way back when since the EE campaign added so many character options)

I'm particularly drawn to the magic stone spell. Goliaths are sort of giant-adjacent; I thought it'd be neat for Scrawn to have his own rocks to throw.

Last edited by Inuvash255; 09-14-2020 at 01:31 PM.
Old 09-14-2020, 03:22 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2407
lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio
Answers for Inuvash:

Language:

Absolutely on the Yeti language! That sounds fun.

Starting location:

I will know more tomorrow, when I get access to the book. For now just why you’re in Icewind Dale would be great. And your character doesn’t need to be a local. On a mission? Police hunt? Detective on the trail of a mystery? Cartographer? Actor researching a role? Reporter chasing a story? City person visiting northern relatives?

Magic Stone:

Sounds cool! One of the reasons I’m limiting content is that I hope to have you all use DnD Beyond for character sheets, so I can use it to make homebrew items and spells, and show you sheets for NPCs when applicable. The books I mentioned are ones I own digitally, that I’ll be able to share as content. I’m pretty sure the Elemental Evil supplement is on DnD Beyond automatically, but I will check. If it’s there, you’re good.

People have ideas from Eberron and SCAG — great ideas but I like to be able to look things up in the compendium, and I don’t have those books, physically or digitally.

Last edited by lostcheerio; 09-14-2020 at 08:19 PM.
Old 09-14-2020, 03:37 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Actually, the Magic Stone cantrip is in Xanathar's as well, like most (if not all?) the spells from the Elemental Evil.

I hope you will eventually get Tasha's as well once it is out, it seems like there might be interesting character options and spells there to explore.

Old 09-14-2020, 05:46 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2407
lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio
I plan to. It looks excellent.
Old 09-14-2020, 06:23 PM
Superior Sorcerer Supreme

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7251
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
If there's discussion about tweaking characters to give a little more unique flair, I would like to offer a unique background for Lore that was drummed up in the initial game he was written for. I thought it was pretty cool but it does require a good deal of extra work from a GM.

Last edited by Tyeal; 09-14-2020 at 06:25 PM.
Old 09-15-2020, 08:14 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Regretfully, I have to withdraw my application. I would love to play in this game with some of the wonderful characters already posted, but a good friend has told me he is planning to run the module for an established group I'm in and I can't say no to an offer like that. Happy gaming everyone, and good luck with the game.

Old 09-15-2020, 01:31 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 661
VaultDweller VaultDweller VaultDweller VaultDweller VaultDweller VaultDweller
Here's my hopefully completed application! Good luck to all!

Wilmorn
left-aligned image

Name: Wilmorn Sageglow

Race: Half-elf

Class: Ranger

Alignment: NG

Background: Criminal/Spy

Personality: I always have a plan for what to do when things go wrong. I would rather make a new friend than a new enemy.

Ideal: People. I’m loyal to my friends, not to any ideals, and everyone else can take a trip down the Styx for all I care.

Bond: Someone I loved died because of a mistake I made. That will never happen again.

Flaw: I have a “tell” that reveals when I’m lying.

Hook: Wilmorn, Wil to what friends he has, is originally from Waterdeep. He grew up as a commoner’s child, and was generally well accepted around town despite being a half-elf. He hid it well though, growing his hair long enough to cover his ears and wearing a hood most of the time to conceal his facial features. His mother and father were meager shopkeepers, but Wil never got along with a simple merchant’s life. He was often bored when he had to work the shop, and began to excuse himself from work to run the streets and participate in some less than legal fun. He became quite good at petty theft, but found he wanted to do more. He had heard stories from traders in the shop of things going on way up north toward the Spine of the World, though why anyone would choose to live there he had no idea. He said good bye to his parents and made his way north to Ten Towns, making money along the way however he could, legal or not. There are a few towns along the road north that he would be wise not to show himself in again for a long while. Once he made it to Ten Towns, Wil scoured the bars and taverns looking for whatever work he could find, all the while keeping his eyes peeled for the seedy elements that he had heard tell of.

D&D Bio in Brief: I’ve been playing for about 5 years now I think, pretty much all PBP. I consider myself a decent storyteller, and I’m eager to participate in a campaign that will go on for a while, where the players can play off each other’s stories. Like young Will Byars in Stranger Things, I just wanna play D&D lol!

Old 09-15-2020, 03:22 PM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9704
Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede
Application Status - Submitted for Consideration

Misery's application
left-aligned image

Character name: Misery
Race: Feral Tiefling
Class: Rogue (Arcane Trickster)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Personality: I bluntly say what other people are hinting at or hiding.
I sleep with my back to a wall or tree, with everything I own wrapped in a bundle in my arms.
Ideal: The low are lifted up, and the high and mighty are brought down. Change is the nature of things.
Bond: I owe my survival to another urchin who taught me to live on the streets.
Flaw: People who can’t take care of themselves get what they deserve.
Background: Urchin
Appearance: Misery is your standard tiefling with protruding horn-like structures atop his head. His black hair and red eyes give many people the shivers as it quickly reminds them that devils walk among them. He has an average height - about 5 feet, 8 inches and a small build. His stature allows him to hide among places that people would generally overlook. His darkened, ash grey skin is also a functional asset of his birth furthering his skills in stealth and subterfuge.
Hook: See History Below
History: Misery is his name, and he comes by it naturally. Nobody, not even he, knows what his real name may be. Misery was orphaned when he was just a babe suckling at his mother's breast. Born in Baldur's Gate to a simple merchant who dealt in leather goods, Misery lived a hard life. His parents loved him unconditionally even though their heritage was often met with disdain. One night when Misery was about two years old, some of the local ruffians from the the thieves guild tried to extort money from his father for 'protection.' Misery's father refused. In the early hours of predawn they returned and killed Misery's mother and father. Perhaps they did not have the heart to kill a baby or Asmodeus stepped in and saved the young tiefling, who knows.

Found by the city watch a few days later, Misery was alone and scared. He was turned over to a local orphanage where he would spend his childhood. There, he learned the harsh reality of the streets. Misery was a survivor and became adept at hiding and stealing whatever he needed, whether it be food, clothing, or trinkets. The orphanage kept him clothed and somewhat educated, but he knew that eventually he would be turned out. So, he prepared himself for the life ahead. He was recruited by the Twin Daggers, unknowingly the ones responsible for Misery's parents death. He quickly climbed the ladder within the nefarious organization and became one of the more profitable recruits for the guild. He was looked upon favorably as being a reliable contribution to their underhanded causes.

Then, he had learned the truth about his mother and father when one of the guildmasters spoke of local townsfolk refusing to make their 'protection payments.' He joked about the killing of the tiefling that ran an old leather shop so many years ago. Misery connected the dots and knew right away that it was this man who was responsible for the years of torment, punishment, and chiding that he had received as an outcast.

Misery snuck into the man's stateroom one dark night and executed him. He stood over the guildmaster's lifeless body and and just spat in his cold, dead face. Knowing that he would be tied to the murder, he fled Baldur's Gate. He had to find his freedom from the menace that would be stalking his every turn.

This was how he found his way to Ten Towns. It was the most desolate, out of the way location that he could think. Misery wanted to disappear, and Icewind Dale was the perfect.

In character sample writing:

Posting Rate: Multiple times during workday(M-F); once to none on weekends
About Me: I have been a member of this site for a few years now and have enjoyed the story telling with the other folks here. We have managed to fulfill the need to play D&D not as roll play, but truly as role play. I like plot twists, intrigue, and puzzle solving as much as I love combat. The three pillars of D&D are truly what make it stand on its own.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:37 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4364
Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos
My application is complete and ready for review.

I present to the world Fizdish Snifflesnaper!!!!!
Old 09-15-2020, 10:29 PM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3668
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Application finished! Sorry for the delay

Feedback appreciated, if you're providing any.