Shadowrun Clown Country - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Old Dec 3rd, 2015, 12:40 AM
UnseenShade's Avatar
UnseenShade UnseenShade is offline
Bejik vivex vur wux.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 16th, 2019
RPXP: 261
UnseenShade UnseenShade UnseenShade
Posts: 1,737
I figure I'll place it here as a sort of "official" role designation: I will be a magician first, B&E/tactical leader second, depending on if we need a locksmith or someone with Leadership more
__________________
Morality is fluid. It ebbs and flows, changes and mutates. We cannot be mired in it lest we stagnate as a people.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old Dec 3rd, 2015, 12:38 PM
koboldsDIE's Avatar
koboldsDIE koboldsDIE is offline
Hey look, Shiny!!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 29th, 2019
RPXP: 3625
koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE
Posts: 3,403
If you still have too much Karma, you can always flip it for cash. That's what I had to do.
__________________
Pm's will only be answered before 4pm during the week.
Come tell me a story

Work load is going to get larger.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old Dec 3rd, 2015, 03:10 PM
UnseenShade's Avatar
UnseenShade UnseenShade is offline
Bejik vivex vur wux.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 16th, 2019
RPXP: 261
UnseenShade UnseenShade UnseenShade
Posts: 1,737
I have 0 karma to spare. Nagas are 25 karma, my corp born SINner trait gives me 25 more. I then take Bilingual (For Naga and English) and Rating 5 Focused Concentration (For a Force 5 Magic Fingers spell freely concentrated upon so arms are a thing for her). However, I do get 36/5 for skills, so if enough wiggle room remains, I could possibly run both.
__________________
Morality is fluid. It ebbs and flows, changes and mutates. We cannot be mired in it lest we stagnate as a people.

Last edited by UnseenShade; Dec 3rd, 2015 at 03:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old Dec 3rd, 2015, 04:45 PM
koboldsDIE's Avatar
koboldsDIE koboldsDIE is offline
Hey look, Shiny!!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 29th, 2019
RPXP: 3625
koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE
Posts: 3,403
My Ajax might be able to take the lead in combat situations, but he's got no penchant for B&E, why pick the lock, when you can blow the door. Even if he has a choice, he'll blow the door, or tear it off the hinges.
__________________
Pm's will only be answered before 4pm during the week.
Come tell me a story

Work load is going to get larger.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old Dec 3rd, 2015, 05:07 PM
XQbitor's Avatar
XQbitor XQbitor is offline
A is for ASSKICKING!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 19th, 2023
RPXP: 12115
XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor
Posts: 4,183
I will have to withdraw my application. Best of luck with all of you
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old Dec 3rd, 2015, 05:47 PM
Rahzeil's Avatar
Rahzeil Rahzeil is offline
Hawk of Peace // War Dove
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 29th, 2018
RPXP: 897
Rahzeil Rahzeil Rahzeil Rahzeil Rahzeil Rahzeil Rahzeil
Posts: 4,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by XQbitor View Post
I will have to withdraw my application. Best of luck with all of you
Sorry to hear that XQ. Thanks for applying.
__________________
"If a temple is to be erected, a temple must be destroyed."
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old Dec 3rd, 2015, 09:37 PM
UnseenShade's Avatar
UnseenShade UnseenShade is offline
Bejik vivex vur wux.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 16th, 2019
RPXP: 261
UnseenShade UnseenShade UnseenShade
Posts: 1,737
Had enough points for both B&E at mostly Rating 3 with Leadership at Rating 3 too. Also, changing description only slightly due to GM and I talking, so Snuggles will wear armor at most times (type depends upon situation)
__________________
Morality is fluid. It ebbs and flows, changes and mutates. We cannot be mired in it lest we stagnate as a people.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old Dec 4th, 2015, 09:55 AM
Rahzeil's Avatar
Rahzeil Rahzeil is offline
Hawk of Peace // War Dove
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 29th, 2018
RPXP: 897
Rahzeil Rahzeil Rahzeil Rahzeil Rahzeil Rahzeil Rahzeil
Posts: 4,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnseenShade View Post
Had enough points for both B&E at mostly Rating 3 with Leadership at Rating 3 too. Also, changing description only slightly due to GM and I talking, so Snuggles will wear armor at most times (type depends upon situation)
Incidentally, I've been thinking about the whole naga thing. I know you were talking primarily about a leadership face, which is fine, but I still think a little clarification might be warranted regarding the social situation you'll find yourself in if you play a naga.

Nagas didn't declare themselves sapient until the 2060s, and until then most nations and corporations didn't acknowledge them as people. Even in the 2070s most non-corporate nations still don't. For example, until at least 2052 Seattle's zoo had a Naga on display. Like virtually all naga in captivity, it pretends to be non-sapient.

In the 2050s some corps probably were employing them on the sly (because corps always seem to know more than the general public) but far more were enslaving them (mostly without even realizing they were sapient). The question whether Naga sapiance was an ongoing subject in academia but most people didn't know they were not just awakened animals until the Naga nation declared its independence in the 2060s.

That makes your background a little tricky, but I'm willing to give a little leeway and say that Evo was the exception to the rule. My point is this: basically everyone who isn't extremely open-minded will be prejudiced against naga on the grounds that they are strange giant talking snakes with magic powers. That is nightmare fuel. It's also worth considering that nagas (or even just giant snakes) are rare enough that if you get caught on any kind of surveillance after you start building up a rep, it will probably identify your crew. There aren't necessarily insermountable obstacles, but they are things to keep in mind.

So among other things you'll want to think about ways to keep off the grid, both magical and mundane. On the bright side, you're a B&E expert so that's something you should be doing anyway.
__________________
"If a temple is to be erected, a temple must be destroyed."

Last edited by Rahzeil; Dec 4th, 2015 at 09:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old Dec 4th, 2015, 10:15 AM
UnseenShade's Avatar
UnseenShade UnseenShade is offline
Bejik vivex vur wux.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 16th, 2019
RPXP: 261
UnseenShade UnseenShade UnseenShade
Posts: 1,737
Well, if it causes some continuity issues (it does with normal stuff), I can alter my character to make it less bothersome to deal with. Considering the saturation of other mages in the applications, I could simply change metatype and run with B&E, possibly with mystic adept or full adept. I definitely know where you are coming from and didn't note the disconnect there. Not even the corps knew nagas were sapient until the 2060s, so it makes little sense for my naga incidentally. So, I will quick change up my application to reflect the 2050s a bit better in terms of meta.
__________________
Morality is fluid. It ebbs and flows, changes and mutates. We cannot be mired in it lest we stagnate as a people.

Last edited by UnseenShade; Dec 4th, 2015 at 10:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old Dec 4th, 2015, 11:01 AM
koboldsDIE's Avatar
koboldsDIE koboldsDIE is offline
Hey look, Shiny!!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 29th, 2019
RPXP: 3625
koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE
Posts: 3,403
How much space does a naga take up? I have a strong D&D Background, so I always have space considerations in mind. Most two legged things, take up about 5 ft, Trolls would take 10 ft. A motorcycle, like Ajax's Suzuki, is 5 wide and 10 long, taking two seats in the back of his van. So just how big are nagas?
__________________
Pm's will only be answered before 4pm during the week.
Come tell me a story

Work load is going to get larger.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old Dec 4th, 2015, 12:29 PM
Rahzeil's Avatar
Rahzeil Rahzeil is offline
Hawk of Peace // War Dove
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 29th, 2018
RPXP: 897
Rahzeil Rahzeil Rahzeil Rahzeil Rahzeil Rahzeil Rahzeil
Posts: 4,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by koboldsDIE View Post
How much space does a naga take up? I have a strong D&D Background, so I always have space considerations in mind. Most two legged things, take up about 5 ft, Trolls would take 10 ft. A motorcycle, like Ajax's Suzuki, is 5 wide and 10 long, taking two seats in the back of his van. So just how big are nagas?
They're the shape or a snake and average out at 10 meters, so they're quite large.
__________________
"If a temple is to be erected, a temple must be destroyed."
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old Dec 4th, 2015, 12:36 PM
koboldsDIE's Avatar
koboldsDIE koboldsDIE is offline
Hey look, Shiny!!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 29th, 2019
RPXP: 3625
koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE
Posts: 3,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahzeil View Post
They're the shape or a snake and average out at 10 meters, so they're quite large.
So the whole back of the van then, for just the Naga. That would make for some fun transportation based RP scenes.
__________________
Pm's will only be answered before 4pm during the week.
Come tell me a story

Work load is going to get larger.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old Dec 4th, 2015, 01:20 PM
Rahzeil's Avatar
Rahzeil Rahzeil is offline
Hawk of Peace // War Dove
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 29th, 2018
RPXP: 897
Rahzeil Rahzeil Rahzeil Rahzeil Rahzeil Rahzeil Rahzeil
Posts: 4,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnseenShade View Post
Well, if it causes some continuity issues (it does with normal stuff), I can alter my character to make it less bothersome to deal with. Considering the saturation of other mages in the applications, I could simply change metatype and run with B&E, possibly with mystic adept or full adept. I definitely know where you are coming from and didn't note the disconnect there. Not even the corps knew nagas were sapient until the 2060s, so it makes little sense for my naga incidentally. So, I will quick change up my application to reflect the 2050s a bit better in terms of meta.
It's up to you whether or not you want to change your metatype. I just wanted to make you aware of some of the oddities involved. A couple of other things from your profile that are considerably less significant (in my opinion). The longest recorded lifespan for a naga (according to one of the books) is 32 years, so you might want to adjust your age a little. Apparently, they are fairly short-lived. Also, naga have expressive faces even though they are snakes. So, a naga is fully capable of smiling, no matter how strange that seems.
__________________
"If a temple is to be erected, a temple must be destroyed."
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old Dec 4th, 2015, 01:30 PM
UnseenShade's Avatar
UnseenShade UnseenShade is offline
Bejik vivex vur wux.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 16th, 2019
RPXP: 261
UnseenShade UnseenShade UnseenShade
Posts: 1,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahzeil View Post
It's up to you whether or not you want to change your metatype. I just wanted to make you aware of some of the oddities involved. A couple of other things from your profile that are considerably less significant (in my opinion). The longest recorded lifespan for a naga (according to one of the books) is 32 years, so you might want to adjust your age a little. Apparently, they are fairly short-lived. Also, naga have expressive faces even though they are snakes. So, a naga is fully capable of smiling, no matter how strange that seems.
That info is contradicted by Run Faster, so for 5th ed purposes, naga are simply long-lived magical snakes. Really, I wish a consensus was met for them, but that is neither here nor there. (I played 4th Anniversary and 5e, but I keep seeing references to earlier additions and each iteration seems different)

Back on topic, though, I'll be changing metatype for the sake of not breaking the timeline too much. Having naga declaring sentience this soon could really muck with power relations. As fun as that would be, it seems at cross purposes to the campaign.
__________________
Morality is fluid. It ebbs and flows, changes and mutates. We cannot be mired in it lest we stagnate as a people.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old Dec 4th, 2015, 03:19 PM
Rahzeil's Avatar
Rahzeil Rahzeil is offline
Hawk of Peace // War Dove
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 29th, 2018
RPXP: 897
Rahzeil Rahzeil Rahzeil Rahzeil Rahzeil Rahzeil Rahzeil
Posts: 4,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnseenShade View Post
That info is contradicted by Run Faster, so for 5th ed purposes, naga are simply long-lived magical snakes. Really, I wish a consensus was met for them, but that is neither here nor there. (I played 4th Anniversary and 5e, but I keep seeing references to earlier additions and each iteration seems different)

Back on topic, though, I'll be changing metatype for the sake of not breaking the timeline too much. Having naga declaring sentience this soon could really muck with power relations. As fun as that would be, it seems at cross purposes to the campaign.
I was going into a spiel about how i didn't see the referenced contradiction in Run Faster, but if you're going to change your metatype then it really doesn't matter much. To be honest, a naga is a tricky race to pull off outside of Prime Runner status anyway. It has more disadvantages than practically any other playable race except maybe giant, but they're not all immediately obvious.
__________________
"If a temple is to be erected, a temple must be destroyed."

Last edited by Rahzeil; Dec 4th, 2015 at 03:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:58 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB