twitter facebook

Notices

Old 01-12-2019, 08:21 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 213
StarSignMaster StarSignMaster StarSignMaster
Johanna's gaze hardened at the mention of the trolls. "Indeed. I thought they were a wives' tale, but they do exist. Their kingdom is sprawled beneath this very mountain. When I first fled Tannemaurk, they..." Her voice faltered. "They kidnapped me. Locked me in their dungeons and gave me a few choices. First, their king's hand in marriage. Ugly bastard. Mean as a dragon. I could never marry him. They then showed me a mirror. They were cackling the entire time. The mirror reflected the worst aspects of the world. Of course, the trolls didn't look any different, but I... I thought I was going mad. I broke the mirror. They got very angry. They said I ruined everything. I escaped and I met the Snowbees. They've been protecting me ever since. Did they attack you? They might have thought you trolls.
Old 01-14-2019, 01:30 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 28
Dirty Magic
left-aligned image

Uma vibrated a bit with indignation. "Those dirty little rock-lickers. Why is it always abduction with creeps like that? I went through that, too, Johanna. It was a giant, not trolls, but they're all the same. They'll nab you when your guard is down or your high E string is broken, never a fair fight with that sort. I've a right mind to get marched down there and teach them some manners."

"It's good you met the Snowbees," Jack commented to Johanna. "A little magical help always comes in handy. Though I personally find that sort of thing can be a bit hard to control and sometimes a little more vocal than the fancy old tales would have one believe. The Bees did have a bit of a go at us but we only got a little scratched up. Uma may be right about the trolls... if they're out and about kidnapping people and plotting little plots it might be best to see about breaking up their party before someone gets hurt."

Last edited by Dirty Magic; 01-14-2019 at 01:31 AM.
Old 01-14-2019, 01:39 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Johanna nodded. [B/]"Yes, I suppose so. But I don't know how to get inside the kingdom. Only the trolls do. There's a door, but it's fluid. It is constantly moving from place to place."[/B]
Old 01-15-2019, 02:55 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Dirty Magic
left-aligned image

"Aye," said Jack. "Dirty sneaky trolls. There's no pattern at all to where the door pops up? Do you ever see any trolls... um... trolling about the mountain that we might perform a little turn-about-is-fair-play abduction on? Maybe have a little motivational chat with 'em?"

Last edited by Dirty Magic; 01-15-2019 at 02:55 AM.
Old 01-15-2019, 03:01 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
“They know I’m here, so they don’t come anywhere near the palace. My bees have reported seeing them on the pathways, though, heading down to town. They do seem to have an affinity for bridges, too, if that helps.”
Old 01-16-2019, 04:38 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Dirty Magic
left-aligned image

"Now, I don't mean to interrogate ye," said Jack. "Just a few more questions about trolls if ye don't mind. It's better to be smart than brave and all.How tough are these little fellows? And how many travel together? What do you know about them, do they seem to have a lot of magic abilities or anything?"
Old 01-17-2019, 01:15 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1930
silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers
left-aligned image

“Down to the village? Maybe we should head back and find a bridge,” Sigrun suggested. She wasn’t thrilled about the thought of going back the way they had just come but they didn’t have much in the way of choices at the moment.

Statblock

Tower graduate #820
Old 01-18-2019, 12:20 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
srhjne srhjne
Hava paced round the room as Jack questioned Johanna about the trolls. She didn't like the idea of innocent people being terrorised by these trolls but was getting restless about the conversation and wanted more action.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:59 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Dirty Magic
left-aligned image

"Well," said Jack. "We can head back for town then, maybe watch for troll tracks and find a convenient bridge to surveil. I'm guessing the trolls won't be as forthcoming as the lovely ice witch here... we should be sure to take at least one alive to tell us about their portal."
Old 01-22-2019, 04:37 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
"I wish you all luck. I cannot wait to be rid of those trolls once and for all. But before you go, I don't want to seem too useless." She lightly taps each of your noses. You all feel a sudden chill through your entire skeleton. "Do not be stressed. This is an enchantment which will protect you from the cold."

You now all have resistance to Cold damage and all your weapons inflict Cold damage.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:26 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
srhjne srhjne
Hava felt the wave of icy magic wash over her. The cold was biting out here and any protection against it was surely welcome.
"Thank..... You!" she rasped.

Were the trolls really such a burden to Johanna that she would help us on this mission she thought to herself. In her experiences all magic had a price and she was very ready to leave this place which was creepy in it's magnificence.

"Let's not .... waste more.... time" she said to her compatriots and headed towards the door.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:47 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Dirty Magic
left-aligned image

"Thanks Lady Johanna. We'll see about those trolls," said Jack with a slight bow.

He followed Hava towards the exit, absently examining his rapier. It had taken on a faint eerie glow that eddied along the blade in subtle shades of blue and aqua. "Even the bloody weapons around this place are cold," he muttered to himself.
Old 01-24-2019, 04:09 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1930
silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers
left-aligned image

Sigrun flinched as Johanna tapped her nose and shivered involuntarily as the sensation crept over her. Having grown up in the colder regions of the continent but not this far north, Sigrun had not been handling the cold well. It did not help her metal armor was just sucking the heat from her body.
“Th-thank you Johanna. We’ll do what we can about the trolls,” she stammered and followed Have and Jack out of the ice castle.
“Well that wasn’t what I was expecting. I think she just wants to be left alone,” the warrior commented catching up to her companions. “Feels like a waste to come up here but hopefully we won’t have to come back unless we want to give her any news about the trolls.”

Statblock

Tower graduate #820
Old 01-24-2019, 11:23 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
srhjne srhjne
Even with the spell placed on them, the cold was biting. Hava was pleased when the ground became less icy as they descended the mountain. She could not recall when they had last seen a bridge on their walk up but knew their best best would be to look for running water and follow a stream.

She scanned the ground for troll tracks, these would be distinctive as no other creatures in this barren wilderness would venture on two legs. Not to mention that trolls were not the tidiest of creatures and saw no need to hide their passing.

Dice Survival check to track trolls:
1d20+3 (6)+3 Total = 9
Old 01-25-2019, 05:01 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
You notice three pairs of troll tracks on the path you’re following. But as you follow them, you notice they veer off the path towards a sheer cliff. The footsteps stop and continue on the other side of the chasm, but there seems to be no way for them to have crossed over.