twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Closed Thread

Old Sep 1st, 2018, 06:42 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 88207
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
September POTM

See you in September? See you when the summer's through?
Summer vacation is taking you away, have a good time but remember, to nominate your fellow players for their great work this month!

If it was a superb post, nominate it here for Post of the Month, and they may win. Whether or not they do, it's just feels great being nominated!
Old Sep 25th, 2018, 11:45 PM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 27121
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Player Nominated: EvilTedzies

Game: Assault on Origin

GM: LeoByron

Reason for nomination: Assault on Origin suffered a rather severe bout of player attrition recently due to events outside of the scope of the game itself but EvilTedzies and I decided to continue the adventure as a Solo Game. His character, Fau Hyrak, is a powerful Githyanki warrior who wields an intelligent Spiked Chain whose personality has taken on the role of his daughter. Tedzies' post is a response to events which lead to the termination of nearly his entire squad and very nearly put an end to him as well. Tedzies' post beautifully captured his character's reaction to events and that one moment of light at the end that allowed him to cling to hope. A beautiful post.

The Post

Status: I find myself with little time or motivation to continue my games. I yearn to find reserves of both to continue but alas I cannot continue. Hopefully I return some day. I wish everyone the best.
Old Sep 28th, 2018, 01:06 PM
The red pandas are coming
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21039
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA
PlayerGM Nominated: LeoByron

Game: Guardians of the North

GM: LeoByron

Reason for nomination: Leo is an amazing DM who has gone far too long without winning POTM. His writing is beautiful, descriptive, and emotional. His homebrewed world and plots are compelling, and he uses words way better than I do.

In this post, Leo is describing the aftermath when my character summoned Lantern Archons(for translation purposes), and then fire elementals, to deal with an evil, growing, demonic plant-like thing(I dunno, ask Leo, we're still learning about the infestation). See my earlier post if you want to understand fully why I appreciate Leo's writing so much. Where I basically write "My character summons stuff and they do things," Leo turns it into something worth reading. It becomes a moment of brightness and hope in a bleak world where our characters have been attacked, hypnotized, and overwhelmed by an evil presence.

I can only write "Winter summoned x" so many ways, but Leo manages to make every spell into an experience worth reading.

The Post

Old Oct 1st, 2018, 04:14 PM
Man・Earth・Sky
Good People  

Event Judge  

Hall of Fame 2015  

Hall of Fame DM 2017  

Hall of Fame DM 2018

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 63652
Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass
Name: mountainbound
DM: Sass A. Frass, Attorney-at-Law
Game: The Funk of Forty-Thousand Years
Link: Hizzer

Raison: The party has now left Barovia and is on their way to the fortified city of Vallaki, hoping to avoid Strahd von Zarovich for as long as they can, or at least prevent him from getting Ireena Kolyana, his reincarnated love (cliche, I know). Taking a break a few hours before sundown, the party notices a man in a boat with a sack on Lake Zarovich; unfortunately, the bag is moving. Unsure of what his intent is, except that he may throw it overboard, the party reacts, and none more strongly than Jules. This short post is a great character study in not just tiny Jules, but in mountainbound: action and consequence, all at once, without excessive fluff, and so lovely to read!

Old Oct 1st, 2018, 07:22 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14924
Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum
Player Nominated: Cedric

DM: Insacrum

Game: City of Secrets

Reason for nomination: Cedric has been a great player, always adding to the narrative, not only with timely and well thought-out posts, but in being able to play off of what others (including myself) have given as narrative cues.

Leading up the Cedric's post, the party of adventurers is just entering the town to deliver the Priest, the first part of the groups current quest. The town is a muddy, rundown, Gothic mess. You don't always need a long post to add to the narrative in inventive ways. Cedric is able to add on to the previous description of the town that the group is just entering in for the first time to not only help develop the mood, but show his own character's sense of the world.

The link

Old Oct 3rd, 2018, 04:20 PM
This Guy!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11546
JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons
Player: JackinIrons
Game: Rise of the Runelords
GM: Sassafrass

Reason for Nomination: This post was the kind of post I had been waiting for in this game. The character Edledhron is a forlorn elf, a mixture of cold and arrogant, melancholy and terse. But as an Elven Swordmage, he has his own passions, one of which being scholarly pursuits. This post shows his character well, his exasperation and confusion at the party trying to bring the elf into their lives. But more importantly, in his spreading of knowledge, his demeanor softens for the first time - though it's after calling everyone children under his breath. The post is capped off with a massive diplomatic failure, after he had hardened once again. It's a post I'm proud of.

Last edited by JackinIrons; Oct 3rd, 2018 at 04:33 PM.
Closed Thread