Chicane dans ta cabane

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7826
Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra
Get To Know A Gamer: In The Mix

Get to Know a Gamer
Mélange Edition

Hello everyone. This thread is the next installment in a series of threads on a somewhat-weekly basis where we get to know members of the RPGX community by having informal "Ask Me Anything"-type threads. In essence, I am going to post some icebreaker questions to which the subject will reply and then the thread will remain open for Q&A until it isn't fun any more.

If you would like to be a victim interviewed, if you have feedback on GTKAG or on the questions themselves, follow this link: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?p=8981519

Some reminders:
  1. All site rules of course still apply (i.e. keep it PG, no dox, etc.)
  2. Nobody's obliged to answer any questions they don't want to answer
  3. Please keep in mind the risks of sharing info online.
  4. It is okay to ask questions in advance; no need to wait for the victim to respond to the opener.

Now without further ado, some opening questions to break the ice!

QuestionnaireWhat are you doing right now? (besides answering this)
What do you like about your town? (and where is that?)
What do you see when you look in the mirror?
What do you see when you look out the window?
What's your personal creed/motto?
Low-fat, non-fat or regular milk?
Pen or pencil?
Last-gen or first-gen game consoles?
Where would you vacation (if you had enough money)?
Sarcastic or ironic?

The following shamelessly stolen from the "Inside the Actor's Studio" Questionnaire:

What is your favorite word?
What is your least favorite word?
What turns you on (intellectually speaking, not sexually)?
What turns you off?
What sound do you love?
What sound do you hate?
What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?
What profession would you not like to participate in?
If heaven exists what would you like to hear your supreme being of choice say when you arrive?

What is your favorite...
...music style?
...food style?
...color?
...instrument?
...ice-cream flavor?
...furniture piece?
...quote?
...video game?
...magazine?
...moment in a game (either on RPGX or IRL)?
Old Jul 22nd, 2021, 01:06 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 41973
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Shadowrun, great setting, or the greatest setting?

Have you ever played it before? If so or if not, what are your thoughts on it?

If you were the undisputed ruler of RPGX for a day, what would be your first royal decree?
Old Jul 22nd, 2021, 06:22 PM
Swords, not words!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17249
lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio
Best noodle?

Best way to eat potatoes?

Best shape for bread?
Old Jul 23rd, 2021, 03:01 AM
Chocolate Chips

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8313
In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astra View Post
What are you doing right now? (besides answering this) I'm... damn. Before answering these questions, I was playing with my kitteh: Princess.

What do you like about your town? (and where is that?) It's growing into a more open and inclusive city... as far as I can see. I also like that a main freeway runs right through it, making it much easier for me to not only get to work, but also so that I can go almost anywhere in the state of Michigan within a couple hours, at most.

What do you see when you look in the mirror? I try not to look in the mirror, as most days I don't like who is looking back at me. Sometimes though, I see a pretty woman, with bright blue hair, and a friendly smile looking back. I wish I saw her more often.

What do you see when you look out the window? Past the large maple tree in my front yard, I see a food bank across the road. And if I look past that, I might see the presbyterian church on the next street over.

What's your personal creed/motto? I try to live by the credo: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

Low-fat, non-fat or regular milk? I prefer 1%, but 2% is okay.

Pen or pencil? Depends on what I'm doing with said writing utensil. Playing medium-level Suduko: Pen. Writing a first draft of a short story: Pencil.

Last-gen or first-gen game consoles? All gens. But mostly newer gens. I love playing my Atari games on occasion. Currently I am playing Cyberpunk 2077 on my XBox One, playing Suikoden III on my PS2, as well as Mario Kart on my Wii U.

Where would you vacation (if you had enough money)? I would so love to be a globetrotting bazillionaire! First stop: Greece! I have always had a fascination with the ruins of what we call ancient Greece. I'd then want to check out Italy, visiting the leaning tower of Pisa, and the many sites in Rome, and of course Venice. Of course, Egypt is another must-see place to go. Especially Cairo and Alexandria. But there are so many wonderful, historic cities I would love to visit: Budapest, London, Prague, Beijing, Tokyo, Morocco, Nanjing, Taiwan, Bali, Sydney, Panama City, Rio de Janeiro, Moscow, St. Petersburg, Lyon, Paris, Barcelona... the list does go on.

But if I could only go to one place to vacation, it would have to be Rzeszow, Poland. An online friend lives there, and I would love to meet him in real life.

Sarcastic or ironic? I love being sarcastic. Not as good with the irony.

What is your favorite word? I'm not sure. Maybe 'Forgiveness'? In a world where we tell each other we should respect other people, and constantly talk about spectrums and rainbows, too many people see their friends and enemies only in black and white/good or bad. How sad is it that people are scared of speaking their truths because to do so might lead to the loss of friends?

What is your least favorite word? MoistEver since I watched the first episode of 'Dead Like Me', this word has made me feel dirty. .

What turns you on (intellectually speaking, not sexually)? Friendly debates. Nothing too heavy. No throwing big words around, that most people don't truly understand. Just two people talking about how they feel about things, and at the end still being friends.

What turns you off? Hypocrisy.

What sound do you love? My cat purring as I pet and/or scritch her.

What sound do you hate? The sound of pain. I hate hearing people or animals in pain.

What profession other than yours would you like to attempt? A novelist. I love to write, and have many good stories to tell... I think. Fear holds me back.

What profession would you not like to participate in? Plumbing.

If heaven exists what would you like to hear your supreme being of choice say when you arrive? "I love you. Welcome to Heaven. Go ahead and choose how you would like to look. Don't worry, you can make changes later, if you want. And no matter what, everyone you knew in life will recognize you by your beautiful soul."

What is your favorite music style? So many. But if I could only listen to one, it would be classical. No words to ruin the beauty of the music, just wonderful noise coming from intricately created instruments.

What is your favorite food style? This one's hard. I love Italian, Mexican, and Asian foods equally. I think I'll have to go with Americanized Chinese food. I love General Tso & Orange chicken. Beef & Broccoli. And I have also had authentic Chinese (though I'm certain that's not what they call it there), when I visited While it was still part of the British Empire, mind you.Hong Kong and Singapore, while I was in the Navy.

What is your favorite color? Purple.

What is your favorite instrument? Saxaphone and the Theremin. You can't make me choose just one on this.

What is your favorite ice-cream flavor? Chocolate Mashmallow. Hard to find, and so worth it when I do.

What is your favorite furniture piece? Bed. No better place to sleep, in my opinion.

What is your favorite quote? "If you can't say somethin' nice.... don't say nothin' at all" ~ Thumper

What is your favorite video game? While there are many games I love, and will play over and over, if I can, the one game that I think I love most, even with dated graphics, is Suikoden III. I just love the story. I love that you see the events of the game unfurl not from one, not from even just two, but possibly up to five different points of view. For me, this game should help people understand that your point of view is not only the only one, but it's not even necessarily the correct one. It's not necessarily wrong, either. It's just... different.

What is your favorite magazine? Nintendo Power? No, Dragon Magazine! But then, I did love the hints and tricks Nintendo Power use to provide.

What is your favorite moment in a game (either on RPGX or IRL)? So this is from a freeform RPG I used to play on a different gaming site called Giant in the Playground. Maybe you've heard of it?

I was one of five people who started a new headquarters of what would later be called 'The Nexus', the group was called "the Good League of Good" or GLoG. There was Happyturtle, HaleyinTraining, Now known there as Fan... but he went through many name changes in between. FF Fanboy, Saint Nil, and then known as Lex-Katmy sister and I.

Anyway, this memory takes place years later, after we had better established not only our original characters, but started spreading our creative wings, and making new characters as well. One of mine was a young female Smurf who had been kidnapped by the villainous Lord Magtok... on a whim. She had no memory of what her life was like before her kidnapping, not even her name.

So Happyturtle, the character, adopted the Smurf, and named her Melody. Melody went through many an adventure: She was youthanized to infancy, she was given rapid age acceleration to make her a teenager, she accidently was zapped by a machine that made her human sized (which she actually liked), she was adopted by Happyturtle's clan and the ability to change her arms into wings, and lastly she was granted life by an omnipotent being known as Kaelaroth... and while that was in a different story, it's important to know for this one.

Long story shortened: A character named Reinholdt and another I believe it was a character called Rabbit... but don't quote me on that.character gave birth to baby Kaelaroth, who was renamed Shepherd. For whatever reason, the being wished to know life from the perspective of an infant. Never understood why, honestly. Some of the story happened outside of my involvement. But what I do know, is that it started bringing on the end of days in the Nexus.

Anyway... By this time, he was no longer a complete enemy of GLoG, and had been forgiven by Melody, as he was a friend of Happy's.Lord Magtok came to GLoG in search of Melody, and informed her that he needed her help in reaching Momma, a.k.a. Happy, so that they may stop the coming apocalypse. I don't remember his exact wording, but evidently he was honest with Melody. A new approach for Magtok.

I don't remember everything... so here is a link to where Melody's part in the story begins. At least, where it begins in that particular thread. There are many gaming threads in the Nexus, so to find the true beginning would take a lot more archive digging than I wish to do. Hope you enjoy.

Click where it says "The Glass Citadel" in the upper right corner, and you'll be taken to the rest of the posts.

Last edited by In the Mix; Jul 23rd, 2021 at 03:27 AM.
Old Jul 23rd, 2021, 03:09 AM
Chocolate Chips

Tools
User Statistics
In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imveros View Post
Shadowrun, great setting, or the greatest setting? Um... great?

Have you ever played it before? Unfortunately, no. My original gaming group started to, and I even made a character for it... and then it never happened.

If so or if not, what are your thoughts on it? It looked fun. And I really wanted to play. I don't have any books for it though.

If you were the undisputed ruler of RPGX for a day, what would be your first royal decree? That everyone should do as Sassafrass says. Then I'd hide behind him.
Old Jul 23rd, 2021, 03:15 AM
Chocolate Chips

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostcheerio View Post
Best noodle? Fusilli, a.k.a. the spiral noodle. I love eating them raw.

Best way to eat potatoes? Slowly? I like tater tots. French Fries can be good. But they can also not be good. Tater Tots are rarely bad, in my opinion.

Best shape for bread? Hollow. Nothing's better than eating the soft insides of freshly made bread, and leaving the crust for the family to find.
Old Jul 23rd, 2021, 08:43 AM
Literal Worm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7890
Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon
Shooowww usss the kitttyyy!!

Also hello, and can you share something that happened recently that made you laugh?

Also, I know it's as good as garbage from some rando on the internet, but you look great and you don't need to worry about looking good anyway. You are probably the only person in the world who will scrutinize your looks to the extent that you do, and confidence or just not giving a ****confidence and a smile will do more to make you look good to others than any other factors combined!

On that note, your hair is blue, but what other colours has it been and whats been your favourite?

Last edited by Wishkamon; Jul 23rd, 2021 at 08:44 AM.
Old Jul 25th, 2021, 05:33 PM
Pseudodragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8228
Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous
What's your favorite dinosaur?

Which is greatest: Cake, cookies or pie?
Old Jul 25th, 2021, 11:46 PM
Chocolate Chips

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishkamon View Post
Shooowww usss the kitttyyy!!

Also hello, and can you share something that happened recently that made you laugh? I'll have to get back with you. It's not that I haven't laughed recently, but for some odd reason, I can't remember the circumstances.

Also, I know it's as good as garbage from some rando on the internet, but you look great and you don't need to worry about looking good anyway. You are probably the only person in the world who will scrutinize your looks to the extent that you do, and confidence or just not giving a ****confidence and a smile will do more to make you look good to others than any other factors combined! Thank you. While my logical mind does know that I look better than my distrustful mind wants to believe, my comparative mind has more control of my perceptions of self. It's not a very nice mind, and yet I can't stop listening to it.

On that note, your hair is blue, but what other colours has it been and whats been your favourite? I'm naturally a brunette. I've coloured it blonde, various shades of reds, black, and a lovely shade of violet. And while I do love violet... I really love being a fiery redhead.
Old Jul 25th, 2021, 11:54 PM
Chocolate Chips

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudonymous View Post
What's your favorite dinosaur? As a child, I always loved the Triceratops. I loved that they could defend themselves against predators. But I also have much love for the Ankylosaurus. Not only did they have the spikey, armor-plated backs, but their hammer-tails for offensive abilities.

Which is greatest: Cake, cookies or pie? Cake. Cookies crumble, and are short-lived. Pies usually rely on fruit fillings to make them worth-while... and they crumble. Cakes are soft and fluffy. And can have multiple layers of goodness: The cake itself, maybe a fruit-filling, and almost always a creamy & delicious frosting to top it off.

Last edited by In the Mix; Jul 28th, 2021 at 01:31 AM.
Old Jul 28th, 2021, 01:30 AM
Chocolate Chips

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishkamon View Post
Also hello, and can you share something that happened recently that made you laugh? I've got an answer for this now:

I watched the movie Black Widow the day before it officially was released. And I loved it. There were many moments in the movie that made me laugh, or at the very least, giggle. The person next to me, a completely cool stranger, and I had a few laughs as we watched the end credits scroll by, as we discussed how funny it'd be if there was no bonus scene for this particular movie. We got all the way to the end, and had just given up, when the scene finally began to play.

It was a great time. I love going to the theater to watch movies. For me, there is no better way to experience a movie. It may be a bit costly, but it is worth it, imnsho. Kinda like watching a live sporting event vs. watching it on a teevee. Being there, in the stadium, is just infectiously wonderful.

Also, as a bonus story: On my way home last night, I just spontaneously began laughing as I drove my Challenger on the freeway, windows down, blasting Shannon Curfman's version of The Weight on my car's HDD player. I have no idea why, it just suddenly felt good to be alive.

Last edited by In the Mix; Jul 28th, 2021 at 01:32 AM.
Old Jul 28th, 2021, 01:43 AM
Chocolate Chips

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unko Talok View Post
Tell me about these grilled peaches! Funny enough, I've never had one.

So first off, you Well, maybe 'need to know' is a bit strong, but whatever...need to know that for many years now, some online friends from a different website with a quite popular stick figure web comic have gotten together in what has come to be known as Trogland, in Johnson City, TN.

A few years back, the then boyfriend of one of our favorite forumites took over grilling duties, and at some point (either that year or the next) brought fresh peaches to grill. They are quite popular, and are usually gone before I get a chance to get one. Or the one year when I elected not to get one, as I just wasn't in a peachy mood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unko Talok View Post
Have you had Reminder for those not in the know: she's asking about a Century Egg...one before? Unfortunately no. But I would love to try one. I love trying unique foods... as long as they don't completely gross me out at the thought of eating one. No bugs, alive or dead, for me, please/thank you.
Old Jul 28th, 2021, 06:51 AM
Tactically Fabulous

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13492
kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey
You wake up one particularly foggy Thursday morning with a dull ache in your hands. Looking down, you realize you have grown an extra thumb on each hand. After the initial shock, how do you proceed with these new digits as permanent additions to your life?