Site/Forum Questions Ask General Questions HERE - Page 165 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Feedback & User Resources > Questions and Site Discussions
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jul 22nd, 2021, 11:21 PM
*woof*

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7363
jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven
That bug was that it could actually show the secret text in the results.
If it is searching and finding secret text, I'm not sure if it can be stopped from searching just based on tags in a BB system.

As long as it does not actually show the text inside the tags.

-me
Old Jul 23rd, 2021, 10:50 AM
Game Operations Director

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7471
GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen
Oh. I see. I think I recall that now. Okay carry on. My bad.
"You are a smart man." Admin Dirk to GodRosen 4/24/2021 @6:05AM
My PM Thread. It is whatever you or I want it to be.
I am not a DM or GM I am a G.O.D.=Game Operations Director.
Old Jul 24th, 2021, 04:16 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 410
Nezkrul Nezkrul Nezkrul Nezkrul Nezkrul
How do i roll a set of dice and only reroll 1’s one time? For instance 4d6rl1kh3 rerolls all ones till they arent ones; but i would like it to only reroll a dice once.
Old Jul 24th, 2021, 04:47 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13410
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezkrul View Post
How do i roll a set of dice and only reroll 1ís one time? For instance 4d6rl1kh3 rerolls all ones till they arent ones; but i would like it to only reroll a dice once.
You'd have to use multiple commands to do that. It would be the basic 4d6 where you'd have to then go back and manually count any 1s and reroll that many d6 before cutting to the highest three.

Alternatively, you could do something like [dice]4d6 4d6[/dice] and just borrow the first X dice rolls from the second set to replace any 1s from the first set.
Old Yesterday, 06:33 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1374
Xyza Xyza Xyza Xyza Xyza Xyza Xyza Xyza Xyza Xyza
Planning on starting my first game as a GM soon! Is the only way to create an ad thread in "Games Seeking Players" by using the game request tool? How would I go about posting an ad with more flexible formatting such as this one rather than just the Name/Theme/Flavor/Plot template that seems to follow from the auto-generated ad? I plan to have that info, but would also like to include some other sections as well as a few pictures, etc. Should I just have a formatted post ready and then edit it in to the generated thread?
Old Yesterday, 06:36 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13410
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyza View Post
Planning on starting my first game as a GM soon! Is the only way to create an ad thread in "Games Seeking Players" by using the game request tool? How would I go about posting an ad with more flexible formatting such as this one rather than just the Name/Theme/Flavor/Plot template that seems to follow from the auto-generated ad? I plan to have that info, but would also like to include some other sections as well as a few pictures, etc. Should I just have a formatted post ready and then edit it in to the generated thread?
Yes. Fill out the fields in the form for the benefit of the moderation staff, but as soon as the ad thread is live, the main post itself is fully editable, and you can copy/paste your preferred format into the post instead.
Old Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziether View Post
Yes. Fill out the fields in the form for the benefit of the moderation staff, but as soon as the ad thread is live, the main post itself is fully editable, and you can copy/paste your preferred format into the post instead.
Ah sounds good, thanks! Also as a follow-up: I was considering trying to have my forum created before posting my ad, which apparently I can do as a CS? Based off my understanding of the info posts, the process for this would be

1. Fill out game request form but don't check the box to post ad
2. Set up stuff in the forum
3. Fill out game request form again, but this time check the box to post ad (and also indicate to mods that a forum doesn't need to be made? Not quite sure how to do this)

Is this correct?
Old Yesterday, 07:45 AM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29076
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyza View Post
Ah sounds good, thanks! Also as a follow-up: I was considering trying to have my forum created before posting my ad, which apparently I can do as a CS? Based off my understanding of the info posts, the process for this would be

1. Fill out game request form but don't check the box to post ad
2. Set up stuff in the forum
3. Fill out game request form again, but this time check the box to post ad (and also indicate to mods that a forum doesn't need to be made? Not quite sure how to do this)

Is this correct?
To create an ad-less forum request as a CSer, yes, that's mostly right. Steps 1 and 2 are exactly right. I believe Step 3 is simpler: I think you can return to your first game request and edit it to select the option to release an ad. But doing what you wrote would work as well.

For any CS request where you DON'T want a forum immediately created alongside your ad, the easiest thing to do is to write up the body of your application as you normally would. Then in the biggest box ("plot summary"), at the very top, in large bold font write something like "GAME APPROVERS: PLEASE DO NOT CREATE A NEW FORUM. I WILL USE AN EXISTING FORUM FOR THIS GAME. THANKS!" The back-end process is a little technically, we need to select an option to "reject" your request for a new forum, so you might get a funny auto-notice about being rejected), but your ad can run just fine after we do that.different, but it's easy and works fine.

Last edited by Wynamoinen; Yesterday at 07:58 AM.
Old Yesterday, 07:57 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Ah yeah, that would be even easier, thanks! And good to know about the other process too.

Last edited by Xyza; Yesterday at 07:58 AM.
Old Yesterday, 08:48 AM
Godqueen of RPGX

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 47843
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynamoinen View Post
I believe Step 3 is simpler: I think you can return to your first game request and edit it to select the option to release an ad.
Yup! The game request will be listed on your DM Control Panel (find it on the Tools menu), toward the bottom of the page. There are options to edit, get info, etc.
Old Yesterday, 05:47 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 73639
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
do not fill out the game request twice... you will get two game folders.

Do as indicated... request a game, get your folder, then go back and edit your first request to create an ad.

Or, honestly... just request the ad the first time. You control when you choose people and tell them where the forum is, so just don't tell them, until you are ready.