Game Thread Chapter One: A Rude Awakening - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > A Real Seachange
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old Jul 12th, 2010, 05:30 AM
peng peng is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2010
RPXP: 0
peng
Posts: 137
"I don't recall signing any contract. But it appears I have little choice. Hmm..."

I don't like the look of that orc, or the man in the corner, but I seem to be stuck here. There's no way I can fight my way off this ship without my equipment or some help. So I guess I'll have to cooperate for now. Once I have my gear back and some allies, I can reevaluate the situation. In the meantime, it wouldn't be so bad to hunt down some pirates.

"Very well. If we're fighting pirates, I'm in. I don't know much about sailing, so I guess I'll have to be a marine."
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old Jul 12th, 2010, 07:10 AM
tempo tempo is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 19th, 2011
RPXP: 0
tempo
Posts: 55
Hmmmm... Oh dear. I don't want to spend a year on another bloody ship. Theres never any good books, and this ship doesn't sound like it's going anywhere intriguing..

"Sooo... What happens if we decide to leave early?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old Jul 12th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Huhart's Avatar
Huhart Huhart is offline
Foolish Mortal
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 1st, 2023
RPXP: 14491
Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart
Posts: 4,120
Hearing that he would be fed, Fulix relaxed. He peered down at the fallen fist fighter, still thrasheing on the floor.
"You've given this fella quite a lump. Have you got a healer on board?"
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old Jul 13th, 2010, 05:22 AM
Allu's Avatar
Allu Allu is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 19th, 2019
RPXP: 742
Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu
Posts: 2,408
At the word healer the man sitting in the corner seems to snap out of his shock induced fugue and looks up "I'm a travelling chiurgeon, I can help seeing as it would seem I'm now the ship's doctor I'll get him up and about in no time. My name is Alexander by the way" he'll go around shaking hands whilst nervously throwing looks at the orc. Once done with introductions he'll walk his hands over Jackson's "well, there's no fracture at least and with my care he should be back on his feet in only an hour."

After letting the slight, mousey man go through his spiel and shaking his hand with his foot the Hadozee will blow a big cheeked rasberry before shuffling up, laying one finger on Jackson and mumbling some words, after which Jackson is up and able to move around once more. He will then shrug, blow a rasberry at Ox and knuckle back to his corner.

Ox will shrug and mutter under his breath "bloody apes" before reiterating "First watch ladies, I want you out and ready to serve" before returning back up the ladder.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old Jul 13th, 2010, 06:19 AM
oogoa oogoa is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 24th, 2011
RPXP: 61
oogoa
Posts: 95
Jackson swung to his feet, awake and none too happy about it. The throbbing headache left by his hangover has been made no better by the blow to the head. Shaking his head like a dog, he stares at Ox's retreating form, eyes gleaming angrily. Snarling, he turns back to his bunk, muttering "I'm going to break his seacursed neck..."

Swinging his gaze over the others, they land on the burly half orc. "Th' hell're you lookin' at?"
__________________
"There's no such thing as fighting dirty and fighting clean. There's fighting, and then there's losing."
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old Jul 13th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Huhart's Avatar
Huhart Huhart is offline
Foolish Mortal
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 1st, 2023
RPXP: 14491
Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart
Posts: 4,120
"Ingratuous twit," Fulix mutters to himself as he sits in the corner of the room away from the beaten man.
"By the way, my name is Fulix Murtalix, in case anyone is interested," He announces.
"I've lost track of time, when is first watch?"
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old Jul 13th, 2010, 01:01 PM
peng peng is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2010
RPXP: 0
peng
Posts: 137
"I have no idea how they split their watches up here. I don't even know what time it is now. But what seems to be obvious is that we're all in this together. So we might as well get to know each other. I'm Bob."
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old Jul 14th, 2010, 01:09 AM
tempo tempo is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 19th, 2011
RPXP: 0
tempo
Posts: 55
Bloody twit, not answering my questions..

"Javier, nice to meet you. Pity it couldn't be under more enjoyable circumstances"
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old Jul 14th, 2010, 01:57 AM
oogoa oogoa is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 24th, 2011
RPXP: 61
oogoa
Posts: 95
Throwing himself onto his bunk, the drunk grunted. "Jackson. Jackson Daniel. Don't get used to it. Soon as I figure a way, I'm off this floating hunk a junk."
__________________
"There's no such thing as fighting dirty and fighting clean. There's fighting, and then there's losing."
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old Jul 14th, 2010, 04:41 AM
Allu's Avatar
Allu Allu is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 19th, 2019
RPXP: 742
Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu
Posts: 2,408
The Hadozee throws a big grin and knuckles around shaking hand to foot with everyone, even the doctor he earlier mocked "The name is Pier and I think this seems like quite the nice ship actually, I can feel her running well in the water and when we tack there's no floundering. Probably a pink by the size of this place, a secondary crew spot in case we're violent. As for first watch, well, as soon as you see light coming through that hatch *he points up* that'll be first watch."

The physician looks sour and mutters to himself "ugh, ship's doctor for an evil navy, what are you doing with your life Alexander?"
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old Jul 14th, 2010, 06:30 AM
Huhart's Avatar
Huhart Huhart is offline
Foolish Mortal
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 1st, 2023
RPXP: 14491
Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart
Posts: 4,120
"Well, Pier, since you seem to know your way around this ship, where can we find something to eat?"Fulix asks.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old Jul 17th, 2010, 05:04 AM
Allu's Avatar
Allu Allu is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 19th, 2019
RPXP: 742
Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu
Posts: 2,408
Pier shrugs his overly long arms "The galley is up at the front of the boat but there'd be nothing to eat at this time of night, I think you're best to wait until first watch and they'll probably feed us at that point, now I'm gonna get some shuteye, as I've nothing left for you to steal there's no point disturbing me." With that he retreats to his bunk but instead of lying down he sits upright in his hammock and though his eyes are close his lips move silently.

After what seems about an hour of waiting and listening to Fulix's growling belly and feeling the pitch of the boat increase steadily there's a cry from above "First watch and all hands on deck" though it isn't accompanied with Pier's predicted set of sunlight.

Once above the newest members of HIMS Golden Dawn find goblins crawling all over the rigging trying to bring down sails whilst the captain struggles against the wheel and Ox bellows "Oi, monkey. Get aloft and get useful. You landlubbers, stay the hell out of the way and don't waste imperial property by drowning."

Captains Control Check
Dice Roll:
1d20+7 (16)+7 Total = 23

Sailors' Acrobatics
Dice Roll:
1d20+8 (5)+8 Total = 13


Whilst the skipper manages to wrestle the wheel and keeps control but the crew just can't get the "damned sails down"

Last edited by Allu; Jul 17th, 2010 at 05:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old Jul 18th, 2010, 04:43 AM
tempo tempo is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 19th, 2011
RPXP: 0
tempo
Posts: 55
"So.. errr.. what are we meant to be doing?

Javier looks around. If he can see the ocean, he looks for any sign of land

Perception Roll
Dice Roll:
1d20-5 (2)-5 Total = -3
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 06:29 AM
Huhart's Avatar
Huhart Huhart is offline
Foolish Mortal
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 1st, 2023
RPXP: 14491
Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart
Posts: 4,120
Fulix also has no idea of what to do with himself, never having been on a ship before. Going back on experience, he looks around for a door, or porthole, or whatever they call it, to guard. Maybe somewhere near the front of the ship, but out of the way as Ox requested.
Dice Perception:
d20+2 (17)+2 Total = 19
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old Jul 20th, 2010, 03:12 AM
Allu's Avatar
Allu Allu is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 19th, 2019
RPXP: 742
Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu
Posts: 2,408
The captain really shows his mettle battling the storm for control of his ship and the crew eventually manages to reef in the mainsail but the others are just too damn dangerous as the winds pick up even further "Get below ye bastards" is barely audible over the crash of the sails and snap of the sails, the snap of the ... "Oh gods be kind, get below"

Javiar and Fulix feel a shove in their back towards the hatch before seeing Pier hobble past them ungainfully carrying Alexander by the scruff of their clothes whilst walking solely on two feet. Behind them everyone feels and hears a massive crash then a splash. As they look back people can see the smaller front mast slip into the ocean ripping the ropes from their securings and starting to fall to the depths complete with the unreefable sails.

Last edited by Allu; Jul 20th, 2010 at 03:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:31 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB