Game Thread Chapter One: A Rude Awakening - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > A Real Seachange
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old Jul 29th, 2010, 04:32 PM
oogoa oogoa is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 24th, 2011
RPXP: 61
oogoa
Posts: 95
Jackson grinned rogueishly at Bob's question. "Itsh called..." he stopped, giggling madly, apparently overcome with his own wit..."who can punch the shoftest." Leaning in close, his breath stinking horribly of rum, he whispered "Don't worry, I'll let you win."

Wheezing now with the strength of his laughter, he rolled to the floor, where he seemed to have no intention of rising.
__________________
"There's no such thing as fighting dirty and fighting clean. There's fighting, and then there's losing."
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old Jul 30th, 2010, 04:28 AM
peng peng is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2010
RPXP: 0
peng
Posts: 137
"Well that sounds like... fun? Maybe we can try something else. Like not passing out on the floor."

Extending his hand to Jackson, Bob continues:

"Here. Let me help you up, and we can find you a more comfortable place to lie down."
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old Jul 30th, 2010, 05:32 AM
Allu's Avatar
Allu Allu is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 19th, 2019
RPXP: 742
Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu
Posts: 2,408
As Jackson first suggests his idea of an amusing game then falls on the floor from imbibation the now very drunk crew, including Ox lets off a rousing cheer for the new guy but no one moves from propping up the walls of the hold to help Bob move him to his berth, that is except the doctor. Despite his slight frame Alexander is suprisingly helpful at hauling the brawler to his hammock. Pier is seemingly getting along well with the crowd as he sings a song about a famous whore between gulps from the nearly empty barrel of rum.

After what seems like days (though is truly only a couple of hours) of being rocked back and forth and listening to more songs about strong drink, easy women and the dangers of both the storm starts to abate slowly. Suddenly the boat stops moving really quite abruptly with a sickening crunch.

All is quiet outside...
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old Jul 30th, 2010, 07:31 AM
tempo tempo is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 19th, 2011
RPXP: 0
tempo
Posts: 55
Javier jolts to his feet, suprisingly sober

I don't like the sound of that.. Oh dear

What the bloody hell was that?
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old Jul 31st, 2010, 02:32 PM
oogoa oogoa is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 24th, 2011
RPXP: 61
oogoa
Posts: 95
Jackson, still under the impression the boat was moving, continued to roll and sway with the waves. Of course, now that the ship was still, he pitched forward onto his face once more.

"Wh'whazzgoinon?" He slurred, looking up blearily at his startled crewmemebers.
__________________
"There's no such thing as fighting dirty and fighting clean. There's fighting, and then there's losing."
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old Jul 31st, 2010, 03:34 PM
Huhart's Avatar
Huhart Huhart is offline
Foolish Mortal
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 1st, 2023
RPXP: 14491
Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart
Posts: 4,120
Maybe we should go up and see what's happening
Fulix climbs out onto the deck and looks around.
Dice Perception:
d20+2 (19)+2 Total = 21
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old Aug 1st, 2010, 12:50 AM
tempo tempo is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 19th, 2011
RPXP: 0
tempo
Posts: 55
Following Fulix's lead, Javier also climbs out onto the deck
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old Aug 3rd, 2010, 03:55 AM
Allu's Avatar
Allu Allu is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 19th, 2019
RPXP: 742
Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu
Posts: 2,408
Ox rushes up the ladder before everyone else. As the rest of the crew comes out into muted afternoon light they see a sad sight the deck. Although everything was lashed down securely by the crew before they retreated below there's still snapped lines, stray cables and half a dozen ballista bolts all over the place. Captain Wanrek is still tied to the wheel on the aft deck, slumped over, silk shirt in tatters.

The reason the boat came to a stop becomes apparent as you look around, it's run up on to an island beach with a mountain covered in fir trees in the background.

Ox points at Alexander "Oi, "Doc" get up on that poop deck and check on the skipper."

Last edited by Allu; Aug 3rd, 2010 at 03:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old Aug 3rd, 2010, 09:36 AM
tempo tempo is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 19th, 2011
RPXP: 0
tempo
Posts: 55
Huh. Hmm well that's a bit of bad luck... Permission to .. err.. scout the shoreline cap'n?

Maybe I'll find something interesting to add to my notes..
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old Aug 3rd, 2010, 04:48 PM
peng peng is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2010
RPXP: 0
peng
Posts: 137
Bob climbs up on deck and sees the havoc the storm has visited upon the ship. He shakes his head and starts cleaning up, sorting the junk into organized piles. As he does so, he calls out to ox.

"If you need help scouting, I'll be of more use than if I'm trying to figure out where this goes."

So saying, he gestures to the jumble of equipment on the deck.

"If you want me to be really useful though, you'll let me get my equipment first. I give you my word to return here and report."
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old Aug 3rd, 2010, 07:50 PM
tempo tempo is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 19th, 2011
RPXP: 0
tempo
Posts: 55
Oh, yes, my stuff. That might help. Where can I find it?
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old Aug 3rd, 2010, 08:27 PM
Huhart's Avatar
Huhart Huhart is offline
Foolish Mortal
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 1st, 2023
RPXP: 14491
Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart
Posts: 4,120
I would like my gear as well, please. Fulix lends a hand in the clean-up attempt.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old Aug 4th, 2010, 09:02 PM
Allu's Avatar
Allu Allu is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 19th, 2019
RPXP: 742
Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu
Posts: 2,408
Alexander calls down "He's okay, nothing broken, just severely and his response is okay. He's just unconscious from being knocked around. See it all the time after a bar fight." The crew and marines let out a tired yet enthusiastic cheer to know the skip is okay, one that is at first joined and then cut short by Ox "Alright you lazy sons of humans, get to work clearing the deck, goblins get below and search the hull for damage and you, Doc, stop wasting time and get the hell down here along with the rest of you pale skin monkeys (Pier lets out a rasberry at this insult)

Once all the "new crew" is on deck Ox nods "You've volunteered, that's good, you might even get off parole quicker at that rate because that's that's exactly what we're gonna do, the ape, the want to be apes and me, we'll be searching for a tall and straight yet slim fir in order to replace our fo'mast. If you scum slack off you'll feel the back of my hand, now stop slacking and get the skipper below.

As an aside to you lot he'll shrug "I suppose you can have your gear, it might help you against the natives and you can't exactly harm me, it's locked up in the bow cabins but the door's busted so go ahead and grab ONLY your gear."

Last edited by Allu; Aug 4th, 2010 at 09:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old Aug 4th, 2010, 09:19 PM
tempo tempo is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 19th, 2011
RPXP: 0
tempo
Posts: 55
Javier starts rushes off to the bow cabins, but comes to a stop and turns back to Ox

Natives? What kind of natives? I saw natives on my last ship, nasty lot, but very interesting..
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old Aug 4th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Huhart's Avatar
Huhart Huhart is offline
Foolish Mortal
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 1st, 2023
RPXP: 14491
Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart
Posts: 4,120
Fulix pats Javier on the back. They ain't nothin we can't handle. Now come on, let's get our stuff before Ox changes his mind.

Fulix enters the bow cabin and finds his gear. He examines his armor for damage before sliding into the sale mail. He pulls out his falchion to check that the edge is sharp. A quick glance in his pack show everything to be in order. With all his equipment in place, he returns to deck, ready for action.

Last edited by Huhart; Aug 4th, 2010 at 10:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:02 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB