Game Thread Chapter One: A Rude Awakening - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > A Real Seachange
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old Aug 4th, 2010, 11:05 PM
tempo tempo is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 19th, 2011
RPXP: 0
tempo
Posts: 55
Oh, I'm not worried, it's just I prefer knowing what we are up against Javier says to Fulix, following him down to the bown cabin. Grabbing his gear and donning his armour, he grabs a small notebook out of his pack and starts scribbling stuff down as they walk.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old Aug 5th, 2010, 02:26 AM
peng peng is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2010
RPXP: 0
peng
Posts: 137
Following his two new companions down to the cabin where their gear was locked up, Bob comments:

"I agree. Though we can probably handle most obstacles we're likely to face, it's always nice to be prepared."

Upon entering the room, Bob retrieves and examines his equipment and dons his armor.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old Aug 6th, 2010, 04:47 AM
Allu's Avatar
Allu Allu is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 19th, 2019
RPXP: 742
Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu
Posts: 2,408
Once everyone is organised and onto the beach Ox jumps down last with Bessie in hand "Alright girls, we need to go further in because the fir trees here on the edge are too short and too bent. Any of you know anything about moving through a forest? You can take point, I'll bring up the rear and if any of you humans have any bright ideas, it's a long swim and without me you won't be allowed back on the ship."

Ox will follow you guys into the forest if that's where you want to lead on.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old Aug 7th, 2010, 10:19 PM
Huhart's Avatar
Huhart Huhart is offline
Foolish Mortal
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 1st, 2023
RPXP: 14491
Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart
Posts: 4,120
Fulix waits for one of the others to volunteer for point. When no one steps up, he decides to take the initiative.
Uh, I'll lead the way. But I warn ya, if someone's out there, they'll hear me coming a mile away.

That said, Fulix lumbers into the forest, like a baby elephant looking for its mama.
I hope someone remembered to bring an axe.

Last edited by Huhart; Aug 7th, 2010 at 10:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old Aug 7th, 2010, 11:42 PM
peng peng is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2010
RPXP: 0
peng
Posts: 137
"My eyesight isn't that good, and with me helping you out, they're likely to hear us across the ocean. And this thing might not be the best tool to cut down undergrowth, but it has it's uses."

As he says this, Bob brandishes a sword that's almost as long as he is tall. He then sheathes it and clanks along after Fulix.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old Aug 8th, 2010, 07:16 AM
tempo tempo is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 19th, 2011
RPXP: 0
tempo
Posts: 55
Javier reaches behind him and grabs his guisarme, then starts following Fulix

Looks like we won't be sneaking up on anyone, ohwell. We should be fine.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old Aug 10th, 2010, 06:14 AM
Allu's Avatar
Allu Allu is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 19th, 2019
RPXP: 742
Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu
Posts: 2,408
After about half an hour of crashing through the trees with nothing but a few squealing birds for company Ox finally calls a halt and pull out a couple of hatchets "This tree'll be perfect so Javier, Fulix. Get to work. You others stand guard"

Pier looks around as a high pitched whistle pierces the trees "I don't like this orc, I don't think we're alone here"

"You're not my friends and by the Great Eagle you won't be taking our trees without compensation." These words draw your attention to a dark furred Hadozee wearing only a loin cloth and a jaunty if patchworked hat. "I won't talk with orcs or the traderkin so who's gonna represent you in negotiating this here tree?"

Ox looks incensed but he eyes the trees warily and keeps his mouth shut whereas Pier just looks confused and Alexander is shaking like a leaf.

Last edited by Allu; Aug 10th, 2010 at 06:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old Aug 10th, 2010, 07:33 AM
peng peng is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2010
RPXP: 0
peng
Posts: 137
Bob takes a long look at the hadozee before stepping forward in as non-threatening a manner as possible.

"Kind sir, my name is Bob. We meant no harm. We need a tall, straight tree to replace our broken mast. Without this, we cannot continue on our journey. We do not wish to despoil this forest, merely to obtain a replacement mast and leave. If you would allow us to cut down this tree or show us a better tree trunk
for our purposes, we will be on our way as soon as possible."

 
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old Aug 10th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Huhart's Avatar
Huhart Huhart is offline
Foolish Mortal
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 1st, 2023
RPXP: 14491
Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart
Posts: 4,120
While Bob tries to negotiate with the Hadozee savage, Fulix takes a good look around to see if there are others hiding nearby.
 


Turning to Ox, he whispers,He don't look that tough. If we get the jump on him, we can probably take him .
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old Aug 12th, 2010, 06:06 AM
Allu's Avatar
Allu Allu is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 19th, 2019
RPXP: 742
Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu
Posts: 2,408
Fulix can see splashes of black in the green tree tops that before he started considering them just looked like shadows, he also notices that some of the branches are moving with more than just the remnants of the storm forced breeze.

The black Hadozee's stance changes visibly once Bob starts talking to him in a civil manner but his large lips remain set in a line "Aye, you need a tree mast, we gathered that but we also have something we need. Though we haven't sold our souls like the orange furs we still understand the term they throw around so much. Leverage."

Ox's eyes narrow first at the cheeky monkey and then at Fulix, saying out of the corner of his mouth "Shutup you damned fat fool"
Pier just blows a rasberry.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old Aug 12th, 2010, 07:37 AM
peng peng is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2010
RPXP: 0
peng
Posts: 137
"This Orc knows more than I do about our shipboard resources available for trade, but I'm certainly willing to act as an intermediary if you find those of his race... distasteful. What kind of 'leverage' do you seek?"
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old Aug 12th, 2010, 11:21 PM
Huhart's Avatar
Huhart Huhart is offline
Foolish Mortal
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 1st, 2023
RPXP: 14491
Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart
Posts: 4,120
Fulix shoots Ox a black look, though he realizes his suggestion was not the best idea. Silver-tongued Bob seemed to have the situation under control. Fulix moves behind Bob and takes up his intimidating guardsman stance, legs spread slightly, hands on hips, squinting stare and overall grim demeanor. I wonder what this ape wants? And what is Ox willing to give up for this tree?

Last edited by Huhart; Aug 12th, 2010 at 11:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 03:30 AM
Allu's Avatar
Allu Allu is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 19th, 2019
RPXP: 742
Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu
Posts: 2,408
The jaunty hated Hadozee and Pier both let out an almost identical laugh that vibrates through their frame, half snort, half chuckle "We don't seek leverage. We HAVE leverage and as for what we want to trade for our resources, unlike this one *he points at Pier* I don't care about material wealth, we want you to do a task for us, a simple one we could do ourselves but well, why should we? We don't want to give away goods for free otherwise we would be seeing you every week."

Pier seems to understand the situation now, the confused look replaced by one of scorn whilst Ox is livid, his green skin taking on a distinctly red tinge around the face and his knuckles are white on bessie's handle.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 08:50 AM
peng peng is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2010
RPXP: 0
peng
Posts: 137
"Ah. Pardon my misunderstanding. What sort of task would you like us to accomplish for you?"
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 11:35 PM
Huhart's Avatar
Huhart Huhart is offline
Foolish Mortal
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 1st, 2023
RPXP: 14491
Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart
Posts: 4,120
Fulix relaxes as comprehension dawns on his feeble brain. We do a little job for them. They give us the mast. Sounds simple enough.
He wondered what this task could be. I hope this doesn't take too long. I'm starting to get hungry again, He says quietly, to no one in particular.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:07 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB