Game Thread Chapter 2 - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old Feb 28th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Cristal08Darkmoon's Avatar
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 21st, 2023
RPXP: 2591
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon
Posts: 4,498
"I want Javy's pearl and any papers you may have on him before you get your money." Nerra removed the coin purse that her mother had given her and held it in her left hand. To that purse, she added two platinum coins and five more gold. Once she had what she requested of the balding man, she dropped the coin purse into his pudgy hands. She shredded any paperwork she received then and there and pocketed the black pearl. "Javy, we'll have to talk about that pearl of yours and how my buying it back for you will work into your pay a little later. It'll be fair, of that I can assure you."

The sushi merchants were annoying. Combined with the odd day she'd been having, Nerra simply wanted to get out of the market as fast as possible without the potential for having to deal with whatever city guards there were. She dug out the requested money and dropped it on the man's cart before dragging Shandar and Javy towards her new schooner. On the way, she practically shoved the full bowl of sushi into her new employee's hands. "Sorry if you'd rather have something different, but I've lost my appetite, hate to see good food go to waste and I'm getting tired of crowds and greedy people. I'll show you to the schooner and then you can run and get whatever belongings you have that you'd like to take with you when we leave. I want to leave as soon as we can finish finding a crew and get the rudder repaired."
__________________
"When people say a knight's job is all glory, I laugh, and laugh, and laugh. Often I can stop laughing before they edge away and talk about soothing drinks." ~Lord Raoul in Squire

Last edited by Cristal08Darkmoon; Feb 28th, 2011 at 03:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old Feb 28th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Demandred69's Avatar
Demandred69 Demandred69 is offline
Former Staff
Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 10th, 2023
RPXP: 452
Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69
Posts: 2,857
From Post #34

AT the Tavern Near the Boat...Draim & Jason:
Draim:

Draim heads for the tavern, already tired of looking at the ocean. A good drink would restore him. And, perhaps, he might stumble across a sea hand or two. The tavern is busy. There are no open tables and the bar is cluttered with all sorts of riffraff. Draim patiently looks for an opening. After a couple minutes there is enough room for the dwarf to reach the bar. Whatcha need? a brutish man with a blue tattoo of an anchor on one cheek asks.
The customers here are varied. Most look like fisherman or pirates. A tall lean woman with long white hair, violet eyes, and a scar down one cheek sits with a large mean-looking half-orc and an elf with tan skin and multiple ear piercings. His eyes seem rather hawkish as he glances about the tavern suspiciously. The woman tells him to relax, but she also looks tense.
A pair of Eikeshi men sit at another table. They're playing dice. Both look like rough men, even though they're little taller than you.
A halfling sits in a back corner. He plays a lute and taps a foot on the chair leg as he plays. A woman in a long skirt dances to his song and four men, likely pirates or brigands, hoot and holler as they watch.
A large man, with tattoos covering his bare chest and running up and down his arms, sits alone. He looks thoughtful and distant as he drains a mug of ale.
Four people dressed in dark robes sit in the other back corner, far from the dancer and the bard. They talk in hushed tones as they look at what could be a map.
A barmaid with golden locks makes her way from table to table. She'd be a keeper if she were a dwarf.

Jason enters:

Jason sees his dwarven comrade getting a drink and observing the clientele at the tavern. Jason sees the same people Draim did. However, when Jason enters many folks stop what they're doing and eye him warily.

Back at the Boat:

Nanaki's guard duty is over now. Nerra and Shandar have returned with an odd bluish skinned man with sea-green hair. The man nods at you and begins to appraise the schooner.
Thamuz returns shortly there after. He mentions he has found some old comrades that he's sailed with before, and that they, like the inquisitor's men, will be at the boat early tomorrow morning.
The boat does have bedding for four. However, everyone else will need to find a place to stay the night. It would seem that you are to set sail in the morning.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old Feb 28th, 2011, 10:03 PM
bookworm913's Avatar
bookworm913 bookworm913 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 29th, 2023
RPXP: 2061
bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913
Posts: 2,569
Nanaki nods sharply, "Right...Captain." I'll have to get used to saying that. She sheathes her sword, "I'll be here first thing in the morning." She turns around and says outloud, but mainly to herself, "And now for a drink." She thinks for a moment of any taverns that sell hard liquor without being picky on their clientele. And they might even have a room that I can sleep in. She walks towards that tavern.
__________________
==> May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old Feb 28th, 2011, 10:22 PM
MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten is offline
Servant of the Tower
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 1516
MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten
Posts: 3,975
Thamuz turns to Nerra. "Oi may be tha captain, but i's yer ship, so i's up te you. But may Oi suggest, you, me an' tha kids sleep onboahd. We kin protect it an be here in toim fer tha new 'rrivals." He looks to Shandar and William and then the sun, gauging the time.
__________________
"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence."
-Vyvyan
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old Mar 1st, 2011, 09:39 AM
Cristal08Darkmoon's Avatar
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 21st, 2023
RPXP: 2591
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon
Posts: 4,498
"Just what I was thinking Captain, except you missed the part where Javy sleeps here too if he has no other place to stay. I've a bedroll and spare blanket in my pack that either I can use or Shandar can use so there's plenty of bedding for five people. Oh, by the way, Javy, this is Captain Thamuz and his boy, William. Gentlemen, I've hired Javy to help with the odd job around the ship and as a sort of personal assistant." Predicting what sort of assistant Thamuz assumed she meant, she cut him off before he could go very far with that line of thought. "And Captain, keep your mind out of the midden heap where the assistant bit is concerned. When he's not helping with some odd job on board, Javy has agreed to help me keep an eye on Shandar because of my vision issues." Nerra kept her black and white gaze leveled at the only adult human around as she continued. "Given the apparent conditions of his previous employment, I doubt that he has anywhere to stay, let alone much to pick up from wherever he had been staying. Speaking of which, now that you know where we're anchored Javy, why don't you run and get anything that you'd like to take with you? We can finish discussing what sort of modifications we'll make to your pay when you get back."

Turning her attention back to the captain, Nerra sighed. "Were you able to find someone who can fix the rudder?"

__________________
"When people say a knight's job is all glory, I laugh, and laugh, and laugh. Often I can stop laughing before they edge away and talk about soothing drinks." ~Lord Raoul in Squire

Last edited by Cristal08Darkmoon; Mar 1st, 2011 at 09:41 AM. Reason: .......stupid errors.......
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old Mar 1st, 2011, 02:21 PM
MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten is offline
Servant of the Tower
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 1516
MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten
Posts: 3,975
"Oh, Oi kin fix tha'." Thamuz says, nonchalantly. "Oi jes need tha tools an fixins'." He turns to Alias. "Alias, Ahm gunna need yer 'elp on this'n. You an Oi ah gunna go inte town te git some things. We moit 'ave te procure some of 'it. Then, we bring i'all back 'eah an William an Oi will teach ye a few things 'bout ships. Hell, moit even learn te loik fixin' up ships. Eitha way, Ahm gunna need 'elp on tha Starwhisperer, an this'll be good practice fer ye. Whadda ya say?" He waits for an answer then he and William leave, with or without Alias.
__________________
"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence."
-Vyvyan
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old Mar 2nd, 2011, 01:49 PM
HaplessWithDice's Avatar
HaplessWithDice HaplessWithDice is offline
Now in Chibi style
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 2nd, 2022
RPXP: 124
HaplessWithDice HaplessWithDice
Posts: 898
I begin to look over the fishermen here, looking for anyone drinking something that says "broke man's drink" or in short someone unemployed. Though perhaps it wouldn't hurt to grab a few people who are currently employed but looking for better work. I make eye contact with the Elf, Orc, and White Haired woman. My inquisitor sense was tingling. I walk over to them, a smile on my face. First rule of being an inquisitor, blend in with the people. Rule two, Present yourself as unthreatening. "Hello, hope you three don't mind some company."
__________________
"There is no such thing as over kill, just 'open fire' and 'crap, I need to reload'."
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old Mar 2nd, 2011, 06:04 PM
Demandred69's Avatar
Demandred69 Demandred69 is offline
Former Staff
Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 10th, 2023
RPXP: 452
Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69
Posts: 2,857
Nanaki:
You find that the nearest tavern doesn't house people. However, there's a cheap Inn a little further down the docks. It will cost her 2 silver to stay there. And an additional silver for a cheap meal. Add another if you get breakfast, too. They open early you should have time to eat before going back to the boat if you get up early.

Nerra, Thamuz:

Javy agrees to Nerra's terms. He mentions that if his fortunes change, he'll try to pay you back earlier. He's not sure he wants to be in debt that long.
Thamuz, Alias isn't with you at the moment. He went wandering, as he often does, off by himself. However, you and William take a walk and the two of you bump into Alias. It's recommendable that you get supplies for the voyage. Five or six days at sea is awhile for such a big group. And there's no guaranteeing fishing will be good, if you have anything to fish with...

Jason, Draim:

Draim is , by default, quenching his thirst at the bar. (1 silver for your drink n' see post# 47).
Jason approaches the table with the tall white-haired woman with a scar on her cheek, a burly half-orc, and the tan-skinned elf with hawkish eyes:
You grab a nearby chair, checking to be sure it's not used, and sit down. You introduce yourself (as either Jason or Reverend Hale). The half-orc grunts and looks away, muttering something about being bothered. The elf reaches for something, then decides not to. He nods to you and continues to look around. The woman takes a sip of her drink. After nearly a minute, What do you want? We're strapped for money and not in the donating mood. You can now see these three better. They look like mercenary types, but smell as if they'd been out to sea. The half-orc wears a dusty brown jacket and seems to carry a satchel and bandoleer loaded with small corked bottles. A blunderbuss rests at his side. You also see he's wearing spectacles. The elf wears a gray velvet cloak over leather armor. He carries what looks like a rapier and a crossbow. A bandoleer of throwing knives hangs across his chest. His clothes seem desert bleached. The woman wears mostly black, though her shirt is blue. She has a cutlass at one side and a pistol on the other. Her hair is very long and tide in a ponytail; She's very attractive. When you assure her you're not looking for donations, she asks, again, about your business.Since you introduced yourself, Mr. Hale. I'm Seshiva Rolias, former second mate of the ship Styx. This is Krem Hestings she indicates the half-orc. He waves a hand, but ignores you. And this is Hades. The elf offers a hand to shake. His intense eyes have a way of looking into you, just as you look into others. But you doubt he's a inquisitor nor anything clerical with all his weapons and the way he dresses.
You explain that you're looking for help on a vessel. And that experienced sailors would be paid well. The woman asks for the name of your vessel and who your captain is. Also, where you're headed. She and her friends are experienced sailors, and could help out in other areas as well. She says she hasn't been at sea for four years, since she was on her father's ship.

Last edited by Demandred69; Mar 2nd, 2011 at 06:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old Mar 2nd, 2011, 06:51 PM
bookworm913's Avatar
bookworm913 bookworm913 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 29th, 2023
RPXP: 2061
bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913
Posts: 2,569
Nanaki enters the first tavern, figuring she could stumble her way to the Inn later. She enters the tavern by throwing open the door; she never was too careful about anyone being on the other side of the door. She stoops to enter, making sure her sword doesn't get hung up on the door frame. Then, slamming the door behind her, she stomps to the bar and says, "The strongest you have and plenty of it." She doesn't try to keep her voice low, but she doesn't yell either; however her voice easily booms around the room.
__________________
==> May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old Mar 2nd, 2011, 07:50 PM
MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten is offline
Servant of the Tower
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 1516
MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten
Posts: 3,975
Thamuz runs through a quick list of things they need, including an Artisan's Tool kit, materials to fix the rudder, and supplies for the journey to Port Steam. He asks Alias if he can try to steal some of these objects while he and Will make a distraction of some kind. Some items won't be able to be stolen, but what they can get will be beneficial. Thamuz will try to barter to get the best out of his money, and may even perform a few songs in the streets to provide a crowd from which Alias can pickpocket.
__________________
"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence."
-Vyvyan
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old Mar 3rd, 2011, 02:07 AM
HaplessWithDice's Avatar
HaplessWithDice HaplessWithDice is offline
Now in Chibi style
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 2nd, 2022
RPXP: 124
HaplessWithDice HaplessWithDice
Posts: 898
I smile to them. "I see, so you are experianced sailors. Perhaps you would like to line your coin purses a bit, I am not here looking for donations, I am looking for sailors to man a ship. IF you come to the docks tomarrow morn, you will Find Captain Thamuz Iscariot Captain of our vessel. He is looking for people like you, Experianced and capible hands, with a flare of personality." I then give them directions to the ship. "Just thought I'd let you know that the job is there, waiting, for someone with skill and tallent to take it." I get up and return the chair to it's place. "I hope to see you there, Ms. Rolias, Mr. Krem, and Mr. Hades."
__________________
"There is no such thing as over kill, just 'open fire' and 'crap, I need to reload'."
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old Mar 3rd, 2011, 04:46 AM
masternate's Avatar
masternate masternate is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 3rd, 2015
RPXP: 1791
masternate masternate masternate masternate masternate masternate masternate masternate masternate masternate masternate
Posts: 4,260
Draim grabs his mug and approaches the men covered in tattoo's. Dat hid bitter be a strung drinky dere laddy. Mind if'n I sit? Draim nods at the vacant seat and begins to sit down before the man can respond. He takes a long drink of his ale, and as he removes it there is like a river flowing down his beard. Leaning forward he tries to talk in a hushed tone, although for a Dwarf that was nearly impossible. Oi and looken's here. Mi name be Draim, and you be looken like some who could do with some wind in ya... Draim looked up at the mans head, shaved bald. er... muscles. He takes a long 'sip' of his drink hoping that the man wouldn't respond unfavourably to Dwarven diplomacy. Look, lit me be strait. I rep... repra... repre... erm I am looking fa people to jain a boat. Pays good, and da captain is fair. Come by the dook in the morn at dawn. Come find ma. The Dwarf stands up and orders a drink for the man at the table flipping the bar maid two silvers, one for him and one for the man before finishing his drink and heading off to do some other things.
__________________
"The people pray for strength and guidance. They should pray for the mercy of a swift death. For I have seen what the darkness hides." Diablo III

Last edited by masternate; Mar 3rd, 2011 at 04:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old Mar 3rd, 2011, 11:30 AM
Demandred69's Avatar
Demandred69 Demandred69 is offline
Former Staff
Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 10th, 2023
RPXP: 452
Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69
Posts: 2,857
Jason Hale:

The woman's eyes go wide at the mention of Thamuz Iscariot. The elf's eyes narrow and the half-orc looks at you with suspicion. You have the feeling you said something wrong. Seshiva's smile returns,You say, Thamuz. Thamuz Iscariot? She blinks, That old rogue. He still sailing? She laughs. Her two companions relax. Tell you what, Mr. Hale. You tell ol' Thamuz nothing about meeting us. Me in particular. You see, I'm his kin. We're cousins. Krem, Hades, and I are , indeed, good sailors. We'll be by early in the morning. At sun's break. It'll be a surprise reunion. She calls out to a barmaid and orders you a drink.

Draim:

The man is both confused and over-joyed by the turn of his luck. He had just lost his job, er...employer, and was recently 'released' of his duties as a body-guard. He was thinking about how he could leave Niias, a city he was uncomfortable with and where jobs were hard to get. This would get him away from here and a job in one turn. He accepts your hospitality and toasts to your health.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old Mar 3rd, 2011, 02:38 PM
HaplessWithDice's Avatar
HaplessWithDice HaplessWithDice is offline
Now in Chibi style
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 2nd, 2022
RPXP: 124
HaplessWithDice HaplessWithDice
Posts: 898
Right, this is so not setting off my inquisitor sense right now. Worse case she plans to kill the captain, on the other hand she might just be planning steal the ship. Either way I need that brigand alive, so I think I'll be there when they show up. Armed and ready.

At this point I shall end my search. I think I've done enough damage, after I have had a drink with my "new friends".
__________________
"There is no such thing as over kill, just 'open fire' and 'crap, I need to reload'."
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old Mar 3rd, 2011, 03:15 PM
Zaret's Avatar
Zaret Zaret is offline
Lord of all Z
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 19th, 2016
RPXP: 107
Zaret Zaret
Posts: 257
Alias walks slowly to Thamuz. His eyes are vacant and he looks lost. He says quietly, "What is it that you would like me to steal? what did you have in mind for a diversion?"
His eyes lose there vacancy and become fixed on Thamuz in an intent but non-threatening way.
"Will there be gold for me?"
__________________
Kill me now or you will regret it later!
All things good in this world are green...except syphilis...that S*&@s nasty.
Natural 20's:9

Last edited by Zaret; Mar 3rd, 2011 at 03:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:21 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB