Game Thread Chapter 2 - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old Mar 3rd, 2011, 03:59 PM
MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten is offline
Servant of the Tower
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 1516
MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten
Posts: 3,975
Thamuz tells Alias he'll need him to steal an artisan's tool kit, and a few other choice materials, as well as some foodstuffs. He then proceeds to create minor distractions at the locales and barter the prices down on some of the trickier stuff to steal.
__________________
"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence."
-Vyvyan
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old Mar 3rd, 2011, 04:25 PM
Demandred69's Avatar
Demandred69 Demandred69 is offline
Former Staff
Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 10th, 2023
RPXP: 452
Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69
Posts: 2,857
Thamuz,Alias:

I need to know what you intend to steal. You're currently at the general store. Easiest place to find. Easiest place to shoplift. Foods are here, both dried and salted. They also have water, rum, mango juice, butter, beans, spices, and dried goats milk. I'll need a stealth check for Aias taking larger items (and good results). For smaller items, I'll need a sleight of hand check. For a diversion, Thamuz can use Diplomacy to tell a tale or inquire about a lot of odd stuff. (Please post actions as you use them. You may use the discussion thread to 'plot'. No rolls there. Thamuz must post his distractive speech or actions!)
There are two people working the store. One is the grocer behind the desk. The other is a city guard by the door, making stealing big items tricky. The building has a back door, but it's closed and fairly close to the grocer. They do not have an artisan's kit.

Nanaki:

If you seek the nearest tavern, you find the one where Jason Hale is sitting with three tough-looking individuals. And where the dwarf Draim sits with a muscular tatooed man. They seem to be at ease.
For more info. on what you see, see post #47.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old Mar 4th, 2011, 07:03 AM
bookworm913's Avatar
bookworm913 bookworm913 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 29th, 2023
RPXP: 2061
bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913
Posts: 2,569
As Jason and Draim are drinking with their new founds "friends", the door slams open and a slightly familiar mountain stoops through the door. It is Nanaki and she slams the door behind her, never really looking around, so she probably didn't see either of you. With her long strides, she quickly crosses the distance between the door and the bar and you easily hear her ask for "the strongest drink you got and plenty of it".
__________________
==> May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Last edited by bookworm913; Mar 4th, 2011 at 07:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old Mar 4th, 2011, 09:03 AM
MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten is offline
Servant of the Tower
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 1516
MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten
Posts: 3,975
Thamuz walks into the store with William in his arms, carrying him as if wounded. He yells to the guard and grocer. "Oi! A bit ov 'elp 'eah please! We jes got done in by some thugs! They ran down tha street, but me son got 'it 'ahd!" He places William right on the counter, seeming to check him over for injury.

OOC: Hopefully, this will allow Alias to sneak in and start raiding food stuffs. We'll save the ship fixin materials for the wharf or shipyard. Maybe there's a carpentry shop in town.
__________________
"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence."
-Vyvyan
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old Mar 5th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Zaret's Avatar
Zaret Zaret is offline
Lord of all Z
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 19th, 2016
RPXP: 107
Zaret Zaret
Posts: 257
Alias walks in with Thamuz As soon as the grocer is busy with Thamuz he starts to gather up as much foodstuffs and nonperishable items he can. His actions are quick and he is focused on the city guard, watching his head movements and choosing the right time to pocket things. When he was finished he stands next to Thamuz and listens to the conversation, a woried look on his face.
__________________
Kill me now or you will regret it later!
All things good in this world are green...except syphilis...that S*&@s nasty.
Natural 20's:9
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old Mar 10th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Cristal08Darkmoon's Avatar
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 21st, 2023
RPXP: 2591
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon
Posts: 4,498
With the others off doing other things, Nerra set to work finding a cabin that could, and would, double as her infirmary. In the end, she settled on what probably would be considered the captain's cabins.
__________________
"When people say a knight's job is all glory, I laugh, and laugh, and laugh. Often I can stop laughing before they edge away and talk about soothing drinks." ~Lord Raoul in Squire
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old Mar 11th, 2011, 04:42 AM
Demandred69's Avatar
Demandred69 Demandred69 is offline
Former Staff
Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 10th, 2023
RPXP: 452
Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69
Posts: 2,857
[BNanaki:][/B]

People scoot aside as you head to the bar. The bartender looks you over suspiciously but gets you a mug. He pours a golden liquid into it. The brew foams lightly. You wanted it. Strongest thing I gots. Unicorn Piss. He charges you a pair of silver and slams the mug down before you.
A wrinkled man with a red nose from drinking day-in and out lifts his heavy brows then squints at you, You really gu'n droink dat? He shakes his head. Moi friend tried it once and it nears killed him.
A dwarf with a wide nose and beedy eyes pulls up next to you. Wanna drink off? I bets ya oi' can drinks mir dan you. Bets you a gold oi can! He orders a mug of the foul brew.
Chants of Drink Off! can be heard as nearby 'ladies' and 'gents' get involved. Do you accept? If so, each glass downed is a Constitution check of 14. If you roll under, but within 4, you drink half of that glass. It's a foul smelling brew that packs a punch. However, you doubt, or find it unlikely, it could be a unicorn's urine- but who knows. It is one devastating concoction.

Note: Draim and Jason are here and could enter the contest as well.

-------------------------------

Thamuz, Alias:

Thamuz puts on his act and William goes along with it. The store owner seems worried and is focused on Thamuz and the boy. Alias begins his shoplifting. The guard, however, looks over at Alias suspiciously. He begins to casually make his way toward the rogue. Alias gets a 1 lb. bag of salted meats in his pocket.

Nerra :

The schooner you have has two-and-a half rooms. A room with four cots for sleeping, a small room with a table for preparing food and storage, and a closet sized room with a bench with a hole in the middle for dropping waste (bathroom). There is also a closet where food and/or weapons could be stored.

Jason:

The white-haired woman and the half-orc seem interested in the possible drink-off. If there is one, the half-orc will enter and the woman will bet on him. She'll also go to the bar. That will leave you with the unnerving elf. He'll pretend to be interested in whats going on at the bar, but will be watching you closely. If you join in the festivities, he'll stay at the table and watch the rest of the bar. Or seem to.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old Mar 11th, 2011, 09:02 AM
MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten is offline
Servant of the Tower
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 1516
MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten
Posts: 3,975
Thamuz calls the guard over to him. "Gahd, ah ye jes gun stan' thea an do nothin'? Ah tell ye me son's injahed an' ye jes mosie 'roun' wif ye Bluff, bluff, bluff the stupid guard.
Dice Roll:
1d20+8 (1)+8 Total = 9
thum up yer ass? Git them bahstahds!"
He then turns to William and the shopkeep. "'Ave ye col' water an' a cloth fer 'is 'ead?"

OOC: Friggin dice Gods betray me this day!
__________________
"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence."
-Vyvyan

Last edited by MalchiorTheForgotten; Mar 11th, 2011 at 09:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old Mar 11th, 2011, 03:09 PM
bookworm913's Avatar
bookworm913 bookworm913 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 29th, 2023
RPXP: 2061
bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913
Posts: 2,569
Nanaki grabs the mug and slaps down the 2 silvers. She grins broadly at the drawf, "Gladly. I'm up for it." She lifts the mug to give a quick toast, "To Borik and Ebenezer!" Nanaki's grin is even wider when the half-orc joins in the competition and she greets him in orc. She tilts her head back and quickly downs the drink and slams the mug back on the bar. "Gimmie another!"
__________________
==> May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Last edited by bookworm913; Mar 11th, 2011 at 03:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old Mar 11th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Zaret's Avatar
Zaret Zaret is offline
Lord of all Z
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 19th, 2016
RPXP: 107
Zaret Zaret
Posts: 257
Alias acts natural as Thamuz talks to the guards. When he is done talking Alias says says to the guard, "Yes, please help us find the thugs tha tjumped his poor son. I heard the ruckus from the street over and came to help. I didnt happen to see them though."
He looks at the guard pleadingly and clasps his hands together wring them like a worried old woman
__________________
Kill me now or you will regret it later!
All things good in this world are green...except syphilis...that S*&@s nasty.
Natural 20's:9

Last edited by Zaret; Mar 11th, 2011 at 05:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old Mar 12th, 2011, 08:24 PM
masternate's Avatar
masternate masternate is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 3rd, 2015
RPXP: 1791
masternate masternate masternate masternate masternate masternate masternate masternate masternate masternate masternate
Posts: 4,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by masternate View Post
The Dwarf stands up and orders a drink for the man at the table flipping the bar maid two silvers, one for him and one for the man before finishing his drink and heading off to do some other things.
Draim had already left the bar after talking to the man at the table. He went down to a nearby river to watch the water flow by and nestle into the bank for a little bit.
__________________
"The people pray for strength and guidance. They should pray for the mercy of a swift death. For I have seen what the darkness hides." Diablo III
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old Mar 13th, 2011, 12:07 PM
HaplessWithDice's Avatar
HaplessWithDice HaplessWithDice is offline
Now in Chibi style
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 2nd, 2022
RPXP: 124
HaplessWithDice HaplessWithDice
Posts: 898
I smile and place my hand on my drink and swallow it down. Then I turn my eyes to the half orc. I have a feeling that I could drink myself to death and not overtake this orc. the elven one yeah, maybe even the woman, but not him. Orcs and their like have a high tolerance and it's passed on to their half human kin.
"I'll try"
__________________
"There is no such thing as over kill, just 'open fire' and 'crap, I need to reload'."
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old Mar 17th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Demandred69's Avatar
Demandred69 Demandred69 is offline
Former Staff
Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 10th, 2023
RPXP: 452
Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69
Posts: 2,857
Tavern Drink Off:

Nanaki barely gets her first drink down. It tastes as awful as it smells! The dwarf smiles at the newcomer. Glad ye' cur dun it. Wuld ber no fen wid out competition. He downs his mug, calls for a second and downs that one too.
To save time, the results for the dwarf and orc are below. (Note: I needed a crit failure for the orc to not succeed. And a 4 or less for the dwarf)
Dwarf- Downs 7 drinks before passing out with the eight half done.
Orc- Downs 1. His intestines start burning with the second and he pukes. He curses the fire-brandy he had earlier. The woman laughs at him and tells him she warned him earlier about drinking today.
--------------------------------------------------------------
At the General Store:

Neither Thamuz or Alias are believable in their attempts to bluff the guard. And the store manager seems to be catching on. The guard turns toward the door and whistles for a guard outside.
The innkeeper mutters something about ...where's me crossbow. And heads into the backroom hurriedly.
You can stay and fight, and risk imprisonment, execution, and/or your mission or make a run for the backdoor, opposite the backroom where the store owner went for his crossbow.

Draim:

You doze off, the sun at your back and the bright green sea rocking against the wharf. After a few moments you begin to dream. You see a dragon, red and awesome of size, destroying airships and cities. Its fire burns in your mind. You see the back of a man hold forth a glowing object and point at the dragon. You see the beast cower in fear. Then another man, or is it for you can't say, grabs the first in desperation. That being tries to get the shiny object from the first man. They struggle and the shiny object is dropped. It shatters into pieces. The dragon stops cowering. Why did you do that? The beast will destroy Niias. There is no reply. You blink and both beings have vanished. You look about but there is no men anywhere. You walk to where they were. You spot six fragments of what was an artifact of some sort. Six bronze fragments. Each piece seems to have fallen onto an island. A map. You are standing on a map.Wood Island You read under one of the fragments. You begin to look at where the others are, but sense someone or something watching you. You look up and the dragon opens its huge maw...
You wake up. You are wet and waist deep in the sea. Too much alcohol and not enough food in the belly can make even the hardiest dwarf see things...
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old Mar 17th, 2011, 07:07 PM
bookworm913's Avatar
bookworm913 bookworm913 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 29th, 2023
RPXP: 2061
bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913
Posts: 2,569
Nanaki goes drink for drink with the dwarf, sometimes forcing herself to finish the mug, sometimes the liquid burns quickly down her throat. She finishes her 7th mug and starts on her 8th, when her stomach finally rebels. The mug lands heavily on the bar still half full while Nanaki works to stay on her feet. Her head lolls from side to side as everything swims before her eyes. She finally manages to lift her head and gives the bartender a lopsided grin, "Good stuff!" is all she can manage.
__________________
==> May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old Mar 18th, 2011, 09:18 AM
MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten is offline
Servant of the Tower
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 1516
MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten
Posts: 3,975
"Oi think i's toim we git outta 'eah." Thamuz says, helping William off the counter and dashing for the exit, he whips out his Boarding Axe, just in case.

__________________
"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence."
-Vyvyan
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:22 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB