twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Old May 13th, 2015, 09:59 PM
Master of Undeath

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17711
Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul
Hmm. 70k personal gold back, whatever will I spend it on....
Old May 13th, 2015, 10:05 PM
Higgle, Hogwart, Hogbrain

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8079
Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon
Yeah, tempting thought huh Yuul.

Alright everyone. Next week is finals for my wife. I may be at the point to tackle this by the following week. It looks like we are starting back up the same storyline.

Our new player has some catching up to do with their district building, but before that goes down I will be needing to draw a new map. I will work on that this week/weekend. I will also stick out feelers for another player, but I am not holding out hope.
Old May 13th, 2015, 10:17 PM
The Dude

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 590
TheMagicalMick TheMagicalMick TheMagicalMick TheMagicalMick TheMagicalMick TheMagicalMick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuul View Post
Hmm. 70k personal gold back, whatever will I spend it on....
Lol, Silver shafted you for the full 70k for your bank?

I must have gotten a hell of a deal then by being the first to negotiate with him.
Old May 14th, 2015, 12:17 AM
Master of Undeath

Tools
User Statistics
I got a 2% or maybe 2.5% of the entire banking company's profits, what about you?
Old May 14th, 2015, 12:19 AM
The Midnight Fairy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 38811
Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena
What are y'all?
Old May 14th, 2015, 01:54 AM
The Dude

Tools
User Statistics
TheMagicalMick TheMagicalMick TheMagicalMick TheMagicalMick TheMagicalMick TheMagicalMick
Yuul.. I paid 35k, got 2% of the profits, a writ of free passage for my flagship through his waters, and a line of credit up to 45k from his bank with interest rates we had negotiated on based off the size of the loan.

- - - - -

Athena, what do you mean, as in what role do we fulfill in the Kingdom? If so, then in it's meanest form, it would be...
Me: Port & Underworld
Yuul: Valuable Metals & Luxury Goods
Neqq: Lumber & Shipbuilding
Fox: Sea Trade & Other Half of the Underworld
Sanitas: Ores & Construction Materials

Then of the two former players, there's....
Silver: Banking & Land Trade
Darth: Education & Alchemy

But if you're talking like in terms of the Kingdom's military, it'd be something like...
Me: Navy & Skirmishers/Combat Engineers
Yuul: Infantry
Neqq: Skirmishers, Cavalry, & War Animals
Fox: Navy & Militia Mass
Sanitas: Infantry Mix

And once again, the two former players had...
Silver: Infantry/Militia Mix
Darth: Cavalry, Heavy Infantry, Archers, & Siege Engines

Hope that helps you with thinking up what you want to make. There's a pretty big gap in land trade, cavalry, and heavy infantry now, but not something that direly needs filled. Just hope it helps give ideas.

Last edited by TheMagicalMick; May 14th, 2015 at 07:01 PM.
Old May 14th, 2015, 02:47 AM
Aeternis's Hat

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3647
InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox
I didn't cut any deals with him because he had tentacles on his face.
Old May 14th, 2015, 02:51 AM
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23434
Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq
Animal Husbandry - Where did that come from? Maybe all the war wolves and bear.

The Wolf Brothers also have trade interests and build ships.

I now know never to trust a banker in Pbp as well as RL. My 35k only got me 1%.

Last edited by Neqq; May 14th, 2015 at 02:53 AM.
Old May 14th, 2015, 03:26 AM
The Dude

Tools
User Statistics
I think I got a good deal because I was the first to negotiate and I was fairly aggressive with terms. You guys probably just accepted the first offer when he was likely expecting you to negotiate it down from his initial offer that was best for him.

I got the animal husbandry because you have hundreds of war animals. I thought it was just something you did, though admittedly I did say I wasn't sure.

Maybe should have been Lumber & Shipbuilding?

Last edited by TheMagicalMick; May 14th, 2015 at 03:27 AM.
Old May 14th, 2015, 03:30 AM
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23434
Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq
I should just start breeding my bears and wolves and overrun Tylanis.
Old May 14th, 2015, 02:31 PM
The Dude

Tools
User Statistics
Yup, enjoy trying to feed them all, especially the bears. Your druids will all start crying when your forest is stripped clean of animal and plant life. Lol
The wolves could be an issue, but I believe bears take long enough to breed and mature that I don't know if they're really a true threat. Yuul's and Sanitas' character will have died of old age before they are.

...That right there would be the true way to win this game. Play an Elf and just wait everyone out. I think everyone is Human (70 years venerable, 110 years max) other than Garrick, who is Half-Elf (125 years venerable, 185 years max). Haha

Last edited by TheMagicalMick; May 14th, 2015 at 02:34 PM.
Old May 14th, 2015, 08:19 PM
Master of Undeath

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMagicalMick View Post
I think I got a good deal because I was the first to negotiate and I was fairly aggressive with terms. You guys probably just accepted the first offer when he was likely expecting you to negotiate it down from his initial offer that was best for him.

I got the animal husbandry because you have hundreds of war animals. I thought it was just something you did, though admittedly I did say I wasn't sure.

Maybe should have been Lumber & Shipbuilding?
Actually we negotiated for a while, I think I tried for something like 5% but he adamantly refused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMagicalMick View Post
Yup, enjoy trying to feed them all, especially the bears. Your druids will all start crying when your forest is stripped clean of animal and plant life. Lol
The wolves could be an issue, but I believe bears take long enough to breed and mature that I don't know if they're really a true threat. Yuul's and Sanitas' character will have died of old age before they are.

...That right there would be the true way to win this game. Play an Elf and just wait everyone out. I think everyone is Human (70 years venerable, 110 years max) other than Garrick, who is Half-Elf (125 years venerable, 185 years max). Haha
Yup. Carradyn is somewhere in his 60s I think. Never married nor any known lovers.

Really do need to think about a source of Personal income. My district income is probably one of the top three(can't be sure of course) but personal income is only the base percentage I get off my district. On district income I wonder if the southern half will retain it's richer district ratio after the new districts are made?

Last edited by Yuul; May 14th, 2015 at 08:33 PM.
Old May 15th, 2015, 07:16 AM
The Midnight Fairy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 38811
Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena
Thanks, that's a helpful breakdown.

Are Army / Navy / etc assumed to have magic users integrated?

I think I'd like to take over Education, though possibly Entertainment venues as well.

And Archery. Love archery. If combat casters would be a separate division, would do those as well.

(Unless there are specific lists to pick one that I haven't seen yet. I still have yet to read the info.)

Taking a closer look here is on my todo list for the weekend.

Last edited by Humble Athena; May 15th, 2015 at 09:41 AM.
Old May 15th, 2015, 12:55 PM
The Dude

Tools
User Statistics
The military is all NPC classes, so if you wanted a magic group, you would have to have a group of Adepts. You can get PC classes instead, but they are very expensive to the point where you could realistically only afford a handful.

That said, I don't know if anyone has a big group of Adepts as combat casters or not. I have a small group of them as my Corpsmen.

Last edited by TheMagicalMick; May 15th, 2015 at 12:56 PM.
Old May 15th, 2015, 01:02 PM
Bad Ol' Puddy Tat

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1736
sanitas infirma sanitas infirma sanitas infirma sanitas infirma sanitas infirma sanitas infirma sanitas infirma sanitas infirma sanitas infirma sanitas infirma sanitas infirma
There's no specific list for what districts can cover, player interest and common sense.

As for caster integration into districts, the vast bulk of your forces will probably be npc classes with adepts providing most of the magic. PC classes can be hired at a cost of 50gp per level per month (which will quickly eat into your income, if its anything like ours) compared to 1gp+0.5*lvl gp per month for npc classes (or .05gp+0.25*lvl gp per month for militia, npc classes which take time to muster). You must also pay to equip your forces out of your starting gold, but at half cost for non-magical equipment due to subsidizing from Kingdom.

Powerful spells and magical items are purchased at full market price, probably after much searching for a caster powerful enough to provide them. Note that two of your fellow district leaders are powerful casters in their own right, one arcane and one divine, and both of themhave connections to other casters .

Some other useful notes:
- Starting level is nine, starting personal wealth is 250,000gp, and abilities are determined by 3D4+6 with one reroll if needed. If you do not roll an 18 you can replace your lowest roll with an 18 instead.
- You have 4 million gold to build your district, which houses around 40,714 people (exact population and demographics up to you). You are responsible for paying for housing out of your district funds, but mansions and houses can be subdivided to shelter 20 and 5 people respectively. You also begin with a free Governor's Mansion in the capital of your district, and are encouraged to use your personal funds make personal contributions to your district.
- Information on building costs can be found in the information thread

Last edited by sanitas infirma; May 15th, 2015 at 01:03 PM.